Superman vs Goku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Matrix_Neo
Who will win??
Well see this is what Venom posted
1) Physical strength: Goku has shown in the Buu saga that in base form he cannot (repeat, CANNOT) lift 40 tons. If we were to assume (quite generously) that becomming ssj3 would multiply his strength by 10,000x he would be lifting 400,000 tons.

Superman (post crisis from the comics, from here on out), on the other hand, is written to be able to lift 40 billion tons on average. He has pushed over a third of the moon's mass, lifted battleships without any exertion, and so forth. Superman is LEAGUES stronger physically then Goku

Advantage: Superman (by alot)
(note: I excluded any information from Dbgt because ssj4 Goku has been shown to be unable to lift a mere building. To use gt would cripple Goku like no tomorrow)

2) Speed: Gotenks, (who is much stronger then Goku) has been shown to go around the earth a few times (around 7 or 9) in the span of 30 minutes. So it is safe to assume that Goku is not quite as fast.

Superman has been stated to be able to move 99% the speed of light, which circles the earth about 7 times in the span of a single second.

Goku's trump card in this catagory is his instant transmission. However, it cannot compensate here. It is shown to require two things to work, a large ki source and a moment of concentration. First of all, Goku has difficulty sensing normal ki levels which Superman would have because Superman simply doesn't use ki at all (it'd be the same as an average person). Secondly, when you are fighting someone who is physically moving past speeds of mach 10 Goku will be hard pressed to find a moment to use instant transmission. For example, if it COULD be used past the listed limits he could have used it to beat Cell (that IT kamehameha took like 5 minutes, and was far from easy), beat Kid Buu easier, and get the dragon radar when he sent Trunks.

3) Fighting technique: Goku utilizes a variety of martial arts and techniques derived from his own traning.

Superman has thousands of years of experience (from mystical wierd plot stuff) and has also recieved traning from Mongul in fighting and to use his powers in unison and to hold back less.

Advantage: Goku (not by too much)

4) Durability: Goku is easily cut, bruised, and bleeding from punches of those of similar strength level. His defense against ki is high, but his physical durability is vulnurable to strong hits such as those from continent cracking Superman.

Superman has withstood planet shattering blasts and hits from people HIS own strength level (far above Goku's) without showing too much injury.

5) Misc. attributes: Goku has shown to be able to fight in close quarters with the likes of Yakon in complete darkness through his sensitive skin. However, Yakan WAS extremely weak and slow.

Superman is able to hear an ants footfalls a mile away, and is able to even feel dust falling on his skin. His x-ray vision allows him to scan through any object instantly. These allow Superman to constantly moniter the battlefield.

Additionally, while Goku can sense powerlevels it would be a hinderence to him in this fight (as mentioned earlier). As shown in his fight with 19 and 20, Goku is completely thrown off when he cannot sense powerlevels (as Superman would have no more then average human ki). Freeza also showed what kind of disadvantage is had when your oppenent can sense you but you cannot (As Superman can see, sense, and smell Goku anywhere while Goku only has sight at this point).

Superman's heat vision would be able to pierce Goku's skin quite easily into his brain and lobotomize him (as their skin is shown to be cut quite easily by non-ki sources such as blades) but because that would be out of character for Superman we'll discount this tatcic.

While Goku's ki destructive potential is high, he needs time to charge up planet destroying blasts. As evidence, notice how errant blasts constantly blow up everywhere later in dbz WITHOUT the planet going bye bye. Up against speed like Superman's, he'd be hard pressed to find this time. Also, as noted earlier, Superman CAN take planet destroying blasts just fine.

Additionally, Goku would never "blow up the planet/sun" as that would ALSO be out of character for Goku to kill everyone he knows for a mere victory (not that it'd even work!)
Superman is also able to survive in space for sometime, while Goku is in a constant need for air (compared to Superman). This versitility of Superman may come into play.

Kryptonite would never come into play, as Goku has NO WAY AT ALL in determining hat it even is, where it is, and that Superman is weak to it. Also, Superman is a solar battery. His reserves can last MONTHS from when he is separated from the yellow sunlight (how else can he have his space adventures?) so that weakness would also never come into play here.

Everything is correct!! Exept one thing he forgot to mension that superman can die in matter of minutes if you put a little green stone near him wink so I think Goku will win and anyway in the end of dragonball GT Goku absorbed all the dragonballs and his power was almost multipliedby a 1,000,000,000 (I am not kidding) And he sucked up no ordinary dragonballs but Black Stared Dragonballs so yep Goku will defeat him.

Raventheonly
Sorry but there have been like five posts like this and everyone hates this match.... just to warn you.

Gregory
I hope they kill each other off so that we never have to hear about them fighting again.

Arachnoidfreak
oh come on....theres been a billion kajillion zillion posts and threads and arguments about this matchup...try searching the comic book movies forum.

Freddy_vs_Jason
^ agreed. yes

VENOMfan
this has been discused before. about 5 times. search Goku vs Superman
and see for yourself

and everybody is right both should die to end this ridiculous debate

Freddy_vs_Jason
I hardly think both should die. They're very creative and genius characters, the makers should be very proud. But shouldn't this be closed?

Lord Shadow Z
Well at least it's on the right forum this time. And why do people bother visiting the thread when they have nothing to add except ' I'm sick of this thread' or 'stop this thread because it's sad' AVOID IT AND ACCEPT IT.

Well, to the answer the debate posed I will have to go with goku on this one- he's way too powerful for superman to handle.

El_Barto
I say Superman yes

DenKi
Goku very easily, and what the hell do you mean Gotenks is faster than Goku, SSJ4 Goku could go around the earth in seconds

WindDancer
I really wish this could stop. The more I read about Dragonball Z the more I lose interest. I'm sorry but all that stuff about them being Ultra powerful, and capable of building up incredible amounts of energy just doesn't appeal to me.

VENOMfan
this is why everbody hates this thread. its beeen disscused over and over. roll eyes (sarcastic) goku too powerfull pffffft

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=292924&highlight=Goku+vs+Superman

DenKi
lmao, There really are some really Dumb people on this Forum...

WindDancer Why the hell did you enter this Subject u Fool, if u dont like it dont bother entering it, let me guess ur one of the Anime Fans who likes some crap show whats getting nowhere and ur just gutted

WindDancer
I had nothing better to do. So I came here to look what was the big fuzz about. I left disappointed......so I'm leaving again.

Freddy_vs_Jason
The reason why we can't have multiple threads like this is because they flood and clutter the forum. Why have more then one thread on the same topic? to avoid it or accept it is not a choice. The point is you shouldn't make more then one thread on the same topic. But everybody makes mistakes and the person that started this thread probably didn't know but please be more careful next time wink

Freddy_vs_Jason
And cool it Denki, everybody is intitled to thier own opinions on the subject.

VENOMfan
good points F vs J

although he did know. I gave him the link to the first thread thats why I was amazed a new thread was made

Freddy_vs_Jason
Thanks Vf, but in that case then this thread shouldn't have been made.

RoguePw25
Goku all the way. No contest.

Lord Ryugen
Look Goku is very unlikely to win a battle against Superman. There's several reasons for this. Provided kindly enough by VenomFAN and although I don't aggree with some of these reasons I do agree that Goku would be defeated. If any one in the DBZ universe has a chance I would say it was Gohan. Now before everyone bitches about this let me explain. Gohan is weaker than Goku BUT his strange ability to surpass any fighter who has angered or corned him in a Hulk esque increase of strength leads me to believe that it is not unreasonable to assume that if Superman cornered him his power would rise for a short time to compensate. It's unlkely that he would win but the possibility in my eyes is slightly higher than Goku's

Cizal
Going around the Earth in seconds once is pretty fast, however it doesn't even compare to how fast Superman goes...And seeing as Superman is LEAGUES beyond Goku in power, that fact alone would have Superman winning.

Not Cheesus >_>
Ohh God! This topic gets everywhere!

Anyone who says Goku is either misinformed or a Moron.

Arachnoidfreak
Goku is still vulnerable to heat, is he not? he gets hot just like everyone else?

ok, so Superman just has to look at Goku's forehead and lobotomize him with his Heat Vision. game over, Goku is left a drooling vegetable.

MistaCloud86
Hey hey, my first post! And it's in here.... o.O??

Oh well..... Anyway.... i say GOKU!

The only reason i say this is because Goku doesn't have a retarded weakness..... (Green Rocks.... Ooooh....) He could just collect some of those rocks and pelt Superman a couple times in the head... Since its his weakness and Superman gets weak when it even gets close to him he'd get fatigued and since its his weakness and goku is really strong i say the rocks would go thru his head and tear up his brain..... Goku also has the power to destroy the sun.... if he did that then Superman would lose his source of strenth while goku could keep going.... although this thinking isn't really correct since the sun would throw off teh earths rotation and hurl it into oblivion..... =D But yeah, Piccollo destroyed the moon and nothing wrong happened so i guess its all good... haha....

Anyways this was fun... Mebbe i should post more in these forums... =)

Arachnoidfreak
Goku doesnt have the brains for that. and if Goku blew up the sun, he'd destroy any and all life in the solar system, sorry, but thats not his style. Nothing wrong happened when Piccolo destroyed the moon because the writers are morons.

Cizal
Superman is like a battery. He doesn't lose his power the second the sun is gone. And anyway, then explosion would kill Goku, so that's also a victory for Supes, NOT Goku.

How would Goku know his weakness? That's right, he wouldn't. There's no way he could know.

bardock
to the best of my knowledge raditz was faster than the speed of light in the first few episodes. they are far superior than that in the end of dbz. their speed is not in flight but their aglity. i dont think supes could get to his max speed in combat either.if supper is only 99% the speed of light so piccolo could kill him with a special beam cannon and that is pretty wussy move nowadays.

VENOMfan
pffft Instant transmission is the fastest way to move in DBZ this has been coverd again and again and again. Lord Ryugan has stated how fast instant transition is and it isnt even close to how fast Superman **can** move. and please blowing up a planet is the big whoop in DBZ not to mention it takes 25 minutes of grunting to get there.

and if were using Goku at SSJ who knows then were using Superman Prime who runs at attacks that distroy multiverse, rip holes in reality and melt time itself.

please let this stupid debate die Superman would win.

Cizal
That was in the dub, which is DEAD wrong on that. Gotenks shows himself to fly around the Earth 7-9 times in 30 minutes(even in the dub it says this. Strange, huh?). He could probably do it faster as SSJ3, but it's still not even close the how fast Superman can move, which is 7 to 9 times in a second, which is 1800 times faster than Gotenks could. Seeing as Gotenks is stronger than Goku, I'd think it's safe to say that Superman is faster than Goku.

Arachnoidfreak
laughing

Raventheonly
^brilliant smile

Pred@tor
I still say Goku, even after I read the protests. Id like to see Superman try to beat Buu...

Lord Ryugen
Superman probably couldn't kill Buu but I doubt any version except Super Buu 3 would be able to do any kind of damage

Lord Shadow Z
I think Goku is the better trained and motivated fighter than Superman so he'll be able to adapt to whatever Superman can do. All Superman does is use brute strength on opponents (which usually works ) and on other occasions his other abilities like his freeze breath and heat blast.
Now Goku has had the experience of fighting enemies with deadly power- higher than his and more useful abilities than him countless times and prevailed. So nothing that Superman does is going to surprise Goku one bit. Now against Superman, Goku is very quickly going to realise that if Superman is faster than him then his really powerful charge attacks aren't going to be useful because of the time it takes to charge them up. So Goku will try and anticipate Superman's moves and dismantle Superman with his martial arts training, Saiya-jin levels, forms(SSJ4, Oozaru) and quick-fire blasts and instant transmission(which might not be faster than Superman's speed-but handy) and Goku always keeps cool-he only ever lost it when he first turned Super-Saiyan.
Superman can make rash decisions when in battle and has to rely on others to help him out quite a lot. On the funny side though (to break up the seriousness of this topic) Superman might win because Goku would be crippled with laughter at the sight of Supermans-shall we say- fashion sense
big grin

Cizal
Hmm...well, I'm just wondering in Supes could get to the Sun fast enough to throw him in before Buu figures out that he could absorb Supes(if he even could, Supes DOES have that little aura thing).

Cizal
Superman was trained for at LEAST a thousand years. How in hell would Goku's training, when his own life only lasted 54 years(years of known existence), be better trained than that? Superman DOES know how to fight, and it's probably better than Goku can. And really...when has martial arts ever shown a use since DBZ started? It's either fast punching/kicking, or fireballs. And seriously, Goku has never ONCE fought an opponent that completely outclasses him this much. If he can't even lift 40 tons in base, yet Supes can lift OVER 40 billion tons, there's no way he can do it. I mean, if Goku couldn't even lift a *building* at SSJ4...And seeing as he moves MUCH faster than him as well, I see no real contest here. And there's also the fact that it's a LOT harder to hurt a Kryptonian if you aren't one yourself...Really now, that Goku could beat Superman without some sort of outside stimulus(like if he suddenly knew that kryptonite would kill Supes, which he could never know...) is completely ridiculous. Superman would win this fight, end of story.

Though...Justice League Supes would get his ass kicked.

bardock
couldnt goku just take superman to the other world where the sun does not shine. then super man would get weak and lose horribly.

Arachnoidfreak
Superman's body works like a solar panel, he stores up some energy, and uses the rest. it would take a few days for that to happen.

Cizal
...Didn't I say that Superman was like a battery? He doesn't lose power immediately while out of the sun. And besides, if you want to use that, I'll just use Superman Prime, who pretty much sat in the Sun for years.

:VENOM:'91
Exactly, if Superman beating Goku dosent get the point across, Superman Prime would bring down the wrath of god on him. MUCH worse than Buu or those Dragons combined were

last of the green lantern rings, the Sword of truth*given to him by THEE God* and not to mention he's been chillin in the sun itself for a thousand years.

there are about 15 people out of ANY medium who are more powerfull/as powerfull as Superman Prime.

God/Lucifer/the Archangle Micheal so on and so forth. Superman Prime ripped threw heaven and hell.

dont get me wrong I ditest overly powerfull character's and Superman takes the cake. but just cuase I dont like him dosent mean Im going to say Goku has a chance

bardock
if you watch''battle for the universe begins" episode 264 you can see goku pushing himself out of two mountains. this is on the supreme kai planet where gravity is incresed so in is far more than earths mountains. but i will admit the show has far to many errors in their power. so it is really hard to judge this just what i saw.

techdude50
goku will wipe the floor with superman, especially with ssj4 on his side.

Raventheonly
But goku's gotta power up to get to the other levels.... supes doesn't wait and has all the strength he has at his disposal at all times. goku would never get enough time to concentrate along with supes being able to move like 100 times faster martial arts wont help you there.

Cizal
Making up stuff doesn't work, ya know. There was NO indication anywhere that the Supreme Kai planet had this or that gravity, and if there was, it would most likely only be 10x, which ALL of those people there could easily handle. Since it's never explained anywhere, you can use Occam's Razor and say simply that it has normal gravity.

Cizal
SSJ4 Goku couldn't lift up a building. Superman can lift over 40 billion tons. Does that tell you anything? Supes>>>>>>>>>>Goku, and that's the end of it.

Freddy_vs_Jason
A draw, they're both extremly powerful so they could kill each other.

Lord Ryugen
The thing is Goku does have one way of beating Supes. You see it's unlikely Superman would kill Goku, instead he would simply beat him down. Well recovering from that would make Goku stronger. So Eventually Goku would gain the power to beat supes but in the first fight Goku will most likely lose

Ookami
Thats a no brainer. Goku would kick Super Mans ***

dj_matrix
Goku would kill superman and even IF superman did vegeta would just come along and they would merge and so goku would still win as simple as

bardock
i did not make that up watch the episode it happens. ant it is still two mountains he pushes him self out of. that is alot of wieght. buu also was trapped in the room of spirit and time and ripped a hole in the dimension and broke free. that is true power. goku could just take super man to the other world wait a few days then come and kill him.

bardock
you talk about gokus strength well there have been many a time were super has trouble lifting the that little globe statue. well this could be bad writting or maybe it is true. just like radditz cant move the speed of light just because it is in the dub. in the dub they translate and edit things of super violent sexuel nature. the dont give people powers they dont have. then of course goku says how fast instant transmission this in the dub so it cant be trusted according to your logic.

Cizal
Superman has broken through dimensions as well, ya know. Need I mention Superman Prime again?

Cizal
That was the original dub. The one before all the new voices and stuff, the one that had the next dimension. There's a reason FUNi is redubbing those episodes, and that's because it just didn't make sense. He didn't really go the speed of light. That would contridict a later statement that shows up in the anime(which I posted, if you noticed) about Gotenks going around the world 7-9 times in half an hour. Are you trying to tell me that Raditz is stronger, and therefore faster, than Gotenks? Seriously, that was a dub line. Another one that's dead wrong is how Kibitoshin says that Kid Buu is the strongest Buu, when it's damned clear that Super Buu 3 is. Or how when Kaioshin asks Goku if Gotenks is stronger than him, and he says, "No, I can do that as well.", as if he's stronger than Gotenks. -_- None of those things were said in the original manga. At least the original anime got the non-filler things right...

Yassin
Damn,you're saying that Sangoku is less powerfull then Superman?? if we talked about Ki,that's a different story... Superman doesn't have any martial arts techniques and he can't control his Ki. The only thing he has is his "shoot through the eyes beam"....like Freezer (haha). So pay attention,it's not about power but more about fighting skills. Goku could easily throw a spirit bom or do a kamehameha to superman..and he'll be dead..thrust me. If there is a king of fighters,it's Sangoku. Alright this is my opinion....

Dragula_Zombie
Let's compare the two, shall we? Note that I'll be using current Superman (not JL Superman, he is pathetic)

Superman Can go .99X speed of light.
Goku at FPSSJ3 can travel around the Earth several times in 20 minutes.

Winner = Superman

Superman can lift 40 billion tons, MINIMUM.
Goku SSJ4 had trouble lifting a building in GT, and could barely lift 40 tons in base form in Z.

Winner = Superman

Superman has been taught and using the martial arts for over a millennium.
Goku has been taught and using the martial arts for several decades.

Winner = Superman

Superman is invincible to EVERYTHING except kryptonite, high-level magic and other Kryptonians
Goku can be beat down by anyone stronger than him.

Winner = Superman

Superman eats when hungry.
Goku eats. Period.

Winner = Goku

See? Goku is outclassed in every way except his appetite.

But you Goku fanboys wouldnt know anything about that cuzz leik omg!!1!1 goku can tun ss4!!! HAHhaha superman would die!!!

>_>

Raventheonly
^the question should really be will goku get to ss4 before supes kills him... or after.

Cizal
If it was a straight up fight, nothing holding them back(maybe just to knock each other out), Supes would probably have Goku in a chokehold before Goku could start powering up, and would probably keep him there until Goku realized that he wasn't strong enough.

Pred@tor
Goku would probably win, but theres nothing i like better than seeing goku getting his ass kicked..

Freddy_vs_Jason
Lord Ryugen makes an excellent point, even in thier first fight Goku might not be able to beat Superman but eventually he would gain enough power too. Besides, hes always got a spirit bomb up his sleeve.

Pred@tor
yup.

Lord Ryugen
The Spirit Bomb only works on evil people. The pure hearted can rebound it as Gohan proved. So the question is does Supes have evil in his heart and would he be willing to wait the time it takes to build the bombs powers

Lord Ryugen
I don't think Supes would wait myself

Cizal
I don't even think that Goku could get enough Zenkais to get as strong as Supes...It would take FAR too long. Supes would be tired of "fighting" Goku by then.

Thundercleese
goku would win because if he turned super saiyan 4 he`d be pretty much indistructable againest red or blue superman

Dragula_Zombie
For the blind goku fan boys....

Cizal
You mean that Goku would get his ass beaten by the both of them, regardless of what form he took, right? I mean, just read the post above mine, and it'll be obvious that Goku stands no chance whatsoever.

Lord Ryugen
Goku stands a slight chance but if I was gonna bet I'd choose Supes.

Magee
All of you people who think Goku could beat Superman are sadly mistaken. These people probably havnt read a single superman comic in their life and probably are basing this fight on the superman from the shitty cartoons or the adventures of superman.
I love DBZ as much as the next guy but im sorry Goku just dont stand a chance. I mean atleast read the first post in this thread it gives all u need for Superman to beat Goku. If ur not convinced of pre-crisis or post-crisis for that matter superman beating goku read any DC 1Million issue and ull see how strong superman prime is, never mind superman of today. big grin
And for god sake SSJ4? SSJ4 aint even as strong as SSJ2. I have seen no extraordinary feets by goku or vegeta when SSJ4. The only cool thing ive seen goku do when SSJ4 was make a kamehamha in both hands and combine them, wich still sucked. He has never flown realy fast, done anything wich shows he's stronger than ever, nothing, SSJ4 is the weakest of all SSJ stages. Thats the writers faults though. SSJ4 should have been god like but thanks to those stupid fuks who wanted to make money, he isnt.

It is Also stated by Goku to Trunks that Instant Transmission lets him move at 100,000mps wich is the fastest form of moving in DB but that speed comes no where near the speed of light.

bardock
although they do give a speed on instant transmission it can not be correct. goku goes to namek several times using this move and lord knows how far that is. it takes 8 minutes for the suns rays to reach earth at the speed of light. so it was either crappy dubbing or crappy writing. ss2 is probaly the best form of super saiyan being that your power doesnt go out like 3 does. ss4 should not count being that akira toriyama did not create that form. it is weird though they say radditz is faster than the speed of light but than later they give a speed for instant transmission. so no real speed is ever known. funimation is only redoing the episode because many were fused togther. radditz speed is given when pioneer was in control and there far more respectable than funimation in my book.

Magee
Well i think its a case of bad writting and bad dubbing the writers contradict them selves so many times roll eyes (sarcastic) Yes i agree SSJ4 should not count, anything in GT shouldnt count because Akira didnt create it and well it sucked. Radditz dodged piccolos attack wich moved at the speed of light supposedly but it still hit him on the shoulder, this still doent mean he can move at the speed of light though.

Lord Ryugen
Face it my fellow Goku fans, the Saiyajin ain't winning this one. Supes has the definite advantage in this fight.

Magee
100% agreed yes

Lord Shadow Z
I'm still not convinced that Superman would win, the Saiya-jin Goku wins quite easily in my opinion.

Lord Ryugen
Well an opinion is an opinion, so I won't dispute it. But still I suppose it really depends on the Superman we're using. He could probably beat the currant one but earlier versions in my personal opinion would take the match.

Arachnoidfreak
Any Superman would hand Goku his own ass.

Classic Superman's abilities: http://www.supermanhomepage.com/comics/comics.php?topic=comics-superman

Superman Red/Blue: http://www.supermanhomepage.com/comics/comics.php?topic=comics-new_supes

Goku has a small chance with regular Superman(very small), but Red/Blue can become intangable, Goku can throw all kinds of punches and kicks and he'd just be hitting air.

Just forget about Superman Prime, he'd literally turn Goku inside out, thats not even a fair match.

Cizal
As I've been saying, the ONLY Superman that Goku can beat is Justice League Supes. All the others will kick his ass one way or another.

Magee
Err do u mean that crappy cartoon or do u mean the superman in the JLA comics? Because the superman in the comics is fully capable of beating Goku. He has been the superman ive been refering to lol.

bardock
it said that supes could only lift a plane what gives stronger than goku no way. to the moon in minutes wow scary you guys lmao

Cizal
I was talking about the cartoon Supes, the one most people here would know about better than the others...

Bardock, Supes has been said to lift at least 40 billion tons. FAR stronger than Goku is. Don't be ignorant to EVERYthing that has already been said in this topic.

bardock
i was talking about the link that afreak posted.

el barto
Superman would win yes

Lord Ryugen
Yep.

((The_Anomaly))
Superman would get his ass kicked all around Smallville, if ya watch the "justice leauge" he gets hurt all the time, and goku is far stronger then any one that superman has fought......ever......goku wouldent even have to go SSJ to beat him, a simple Kaio ken times 10 and a kemehameha would most likley kill superman

((The_Anomaly))
I really cant believe that u ppl think that superman wuld win......WTF???

honestly, Goku can destroy the whole solar system without blinking an eye, if goku went SS3, superman wouldent know what the hell was going on.....Gokus to fast and to strong i would bet 1, 000, 000 dollars that goku would win in about 5 min

((The_Anomaly))
ahhhhhhh COUGH goku is the most powerful warrior in the UNIVERSE!!! COUGH

((The_Anomaly))
oh and if ya cant tell, the poll is pretty onesided as well...... What the f**k?

Cizal
Because people have only seen the Justice League show, and know that the Cartoon Supes would get his ass kicked. Well, he's the ONLY one that will be beaten by Goku. All other Superman's will DEMOLISH Goku. SSJ4 Goku couldn't even lift up a BUILDING, if you're going to use GT. Supes can lift at least 40 billion tons. Goku has NO chance to survive.

((The_Anomaly))
GOKU CAN DESTROY THE WHOLE FRIGGIN SOLAR SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WITH EASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE COULD DO IT AS A SUPER SAIYAN 2, AND HE CAN DOUBLE THAT POWER....BECAUSE OF SUPER SAIYAN 4.......WOW EYE BEAMS.......NOT IMPRESSIVE.........GOKU JUST POWERING UP ALMOST DESTROYES THE EARTH.............WTF??????? SUPERMAN STANDS NO CHANCE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

((The_Anomaly))
DO U PEOPLE EVEN WATCH DBZ??????????????

((The_Anomaly))
as a matter of fact i would put Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, Cell, Frieza, Buu, Piccolo, Andriod 18 and 19 against superman anyday, all the strong DBZ characters would rape superman..let along Goku, who is the most powerful of any of them.

Arachnoidfreak
Ok, since we are including Goku's transformations, lets include a Superman that has been laying in the sun for over 80 centuries. Superman can rip through time(DC One Million, Superman Prime) HAHAHA destroy the solar system...big whoop. Superman can make Goku breathe out of his eye sockets and shit out of his mouth.

I can't believe you actually said "if you watch the justice league" that Superman is NOTHING compared to the comic book Superman.

((The_Anomaly))
OMG................ur just making stuff up now....how bout i say then that that goku achieves Super saiyan 6 then transformes into a super saiyan 6 Oozru....and then fuses with Golden Oozru Vegeta, and uses Super 6 Oozru Warp kemehameha, big bang final flash, times 20.........i mean....lol...wtf?

WindDancer
You need to calm down ((The Anomaly)). If this thread cannot be kept civil I will be force to close it.

Note: I'm only allowing this thread to continue as long as fans have an opinon on this subject. But if there can't be any order or courtesy to each other I will closed it.

So please, stay on topic.

((The_Anomaly))
well im sorry, but if he can say that superman can "sit in the sun for 80 centuries" i should be able to say something equally as retarted

WindDancer
I don't want ANY personal attacks on any of the board members!

This is the last time I will ask you to keep it civil!

If this continues this thread will be CLOSED!

Arachnoidfreak
You think im making Superman Prime up? haha i gave you an issue reference in my last post. DC One Million, look it up.

You know what? I wouldn't be surprised if Goku suddenly was able to be Super Sayin 5 kajillion or whatever, the writers never put a limit on Goku. Ive seen every DB and DBZ episode, and i think the writing is horribly contradictory and repetitive. i refuse to watch GT, its just the same old crap.

Also, Superman is immortal he DIED and came back to life. yea Goku did, but not by his own accord. he had to be wished back several times. Goku dies, and often. What does that tell you about him?

((The_Anomaly))
..sigh..........u ppl are impossible, i would put goku up against any superman any time any place, NOT SUPER!!, id say to Goku, just kill him and get it over with, and dont bother transforming, it wouldent be worth the energy.

Arachnoidfreak
I think you need to read up on Superman. Supplying your argument with facts is crucial to winning. i already backed up my statements, where is your proof? don't give me that 'watch the series!!11 you dont know anything!!1" crap, i've seen every episode made by Akira Toriyama. Superman Prime manipulates dimensions such as time and space. the ONLY character in DBZ that i have seen do the same is Super Buu, when he was extremely angry and frustrated against Vegitto.

Cizal
Arachnoidfreak is right about that, Supes Prime does exist, and would mop the floor Goku better than ANY other Supes. Superman Prime is IMMMMMMMMMMENSELY powerful. He's even stronger than Pre Crisis Superman, and from one comic, God told him to stop moving so fast because the time/space continuum(might have been the universe, not completely sure) was ripping apart. Supes Prime is better than THAT, not mentioning the fact that Prime has a Green Lantern Ring. Goku couldn't even imagine how strong that is, let alone become that strong.

Pred@tor
cool

Lord Shadow Z
All you Superman fans are crazy if you assume that Goku would knowingly let a ponce in a blue and red costume-with underpants over them kick him all over because it just would not happen.
Introducing Superman Prime in your arguements just proves that you don't believe that he can win unless he is Superman Prime and we are just suggesting a battle between normal Superman and Goku.
No-one mentioned Prime until you were starting to lose the arguement, that just shows how desperate you are and how little faith you really do have in Superman big grin

Lord Ryugen
Perhaps. But if the pre-crisis Supes was indeed told by God to stop moving so fast imagine the power he's got, Goku may not have a limit to his potential but his phyisical body does and thats his ultimaye failing.

((The_Anomaly))
ahhh, perhaps, however, i would put Goku in the Buu saga up against supes, because goku is already dead, thus the limits on his body are almost nothing big grin

Lord Shadow Z
Maybe so but I don't know about pre-crisis Superman.
The things I'm trying to get across is that although Superman is apparently stronger than Goku when Goku is at base power-GOKU WILL NOT STAY AT BASE POWER he will use his power-up abilities like the Kaiko-kan x 20, and his Saiya-jin levels which need no strenous powering up activities to do it.
And because of the confusion over how fast the instant transmission technique really is because of not enough detailed explanation from Dragonball Z (its a kids show-come on) you can't rule it out or say Supermans faster.
Goku's physical body is his weakness but he will prevail because Superman's not entirely invulnerable so Goku can exploit his weaknesses very easily because thats what he's trained-as a martial artist, to do.

Cizal
Wrong. We only started using Supes Prime to prove a point even farther. But current comic Supes could beat ANY Goku, I don't care what he transforms into. Hell, ANY Supes except for Cartoon Supes could beat Goku. Let me pull your gaze at this...Keep in mind, this is current comic Supes

Goku is powerful, sure. But he's not the best simply because you like him more.

Cizal
Actually, it's based on a manga which DID give an explanation, and it's STILL much slower than Supes can move. And Supes is stronger than ANY form Goku has anyway, and if you can't see that, you're freaking blind.

((The_Anomaly))
well, in a way ur right, however, i dont think that super man prime should be included in this discussion, as such i think that anything that happened in GT should also be left out, now that thats over with, we dont really know how "strong" Goku is, but we do know that his energy attacks are devestating, far more then his physical strength, we must take in account his Ki waves as well as being a part of his "strength" and these ki waves posess enough power if goku wated to completly destroy the entire solar syatem, and thats only at super saiyan 2!, SS3 is even more powerful. as well gokus physical strength is based on his Kai, not his muscles, so it is possible that goku could use the same amount of energy that he would use in a ki wave to destroy a solar system, in a single punch (something similar this is used in movie 13 called Dragonfist), so to say that supes is physically stronger is not valid, yes Goku does have a disadvantage in the fact that he is still mortal, and can be hurt, but still

DenKi
Lol The Real superman show, Not the stupid cartoon one called Justice League. The Real one could punch goku once and kill him.

If any of you saw In GT Goku was a SSJ4 and he had to save these people from falling down so he had to lift up the ground alittle, He was finding it so hard lifting up much a little thing, Theres no way Goku could win

Arachnoidfreak
Sure, Superman isn't completely invulnerable, he can get the crap beaten out of him from time to time, but he cannot die. Read "The Death of Superman." He "dies," but in the "after-life" just before he TRULY dies, he comes back, because Johnathan Kent convinced him that because he is an alien and not human, noone was sure if Superman CAN die. Superman came back to life of his own free will. Now he is sure he cannot die, because he has already been through the entire 'dying' process and survived it, he can do it again, and this time with ease.

Goku dies several times, and cannot come back until someone wishes him back. There was a limit on how many times the same person can be brought back to life(2), but then the writers broke that rule too(what a surprise)

DenKi
((The_Anomaly)) WTF are you going on about, You dont understand anything do you?

WTF is all this about .....

same amount of energy that he would use in a ki wave to destroy a solar system, in a single punch (something similar this is used in movie 13 called Dragonfist)

Goku couldnt distroy the solar system . if he could he could of beat all of his enemys easyily, he didnt even have enough power to kill Evil Shenron He had to use others peoples energy, And whats all this about the Dragonfist move being able to Kill and wipe out the whole solar system, The Dragonfist is a Punch

Im a hudge DBZ.GT fan and ive never heard anyone this stupid say, so it is possible that goku could use the same amount of energy that he would use in a ki wave to destroy a solar system, in a single punch.

Ok nice one, Goku punch in the air and see if the solar system get distroyed..

I really do hope he doesnt reply back on this forum unless he watches DBGT again or some of the movies.

NO personal insults! -WD

((The_Anomaly))
hahaha...so i dont know what im talking about eh?

perhaps u diddent pay attention during the cell games, i wouldent think so since you diddent hear cell say "forget the planet, ill destroy the whole solar system" at this point cell was about the same energy as super saiyan 2 gohan, and he could do it, and since SS2 goku is stronger, then...wait for it.......cell, what does that mean???.....WAIT I KNOW....GOKU COULD TOO!!!, also considering the fact that he can go SS3, which if u can count is higher then SS2, it would not be that big of a feat to destroy the solar system.....as for the kai thing, im suprised that u dont understand that....ill say it slow so u can understand.....i diddnt say he could do it with a punch....moron, i said he could do it, what i said was that thier physical strength is based on thier ki, and if goku can create anough ki to destroy the solar system with a ki wave then he could use the same ki in a physical attack, (this is called Dragonfist in movie 13)........did ya get all that

((The_Anomaly))
oh...and please try to tell me anything about DBZ its embarassing, trying tio explain things to ppl that dont know what the hell is going on....thanks!

DenKi
Your Telling me!?!? OMFG all the stuff u said didnt make sense at all? no1 understands anything what your saying. Are you learning English becos ur Grammer is really bad.

You idoit..
You said
so it is possible that goku could use the same amount of energy that he would use in a ki wave to destroy a solar system, in a single punch.

Nice one, u have a very short memory

goku cant use the Dragon Fist Explosion To Distroy the Universe because its an attack his you have to hit some1, Goku couldnt distroy the universe he has the power, but he couldnt, The only people that could are the bad guys. THINK about it, could gok keep going around space and firing Kamehameha blasts on each of the planets? NO he would die bcos he would have no AIR to breath, Also he would run out of power after the few planets, People the Buu and Shenron and cell could do it easy.

And Goku could fire 1 Kai wave or blast to distroy the Whole solar system u fool

LMAO and Cell did say he was going to you idoit just like you said, But did he distroy the Solar system NO? he said he was going to distroy the Plant u retard

DenKi
ok, if you think you kno so much FFS awsner this..

In the Buu Saga Vegeta went SSJ2 then powered up on purpose killing himself, For that he had to reach over his Kai Limits, causing himself to blow up. When he did not even quater of the World was blown up, its was basicly nothing a big hole, So if you times that by 2 with would make him a SSj4 and put all of this power and kai into it he might just distroy the earth.

So even a SSJ4 would fine it hard dont u think ?

AND!

Goku was going to blow Shenron up because he ran out of power but he said i have enough power to Kill him and this planet, But Vegeta came then they fused

DenKi
Jesus Christ i have to keep reading his because it makes no sense at all hes prob a 12 year old kid who think hes knows everything

((The_Anomaly))
if vegeta would have not concentrated his energy in that area the world would have been destroyed, he concentrated it in one area cause if he didnt then it would not have even made a dent in majin buu.....

hahahaha! and thanks for proving my point...fool! u said

"goku cant use the Dragon Fist Explosion To Distroy the Universe because its an attack his you have to hit some1" thanks!......that was my point, i diddnt say that dragonfist would destroy the solar system.....i said "thier physical strength is based on thier ki, and if goku can create anough ki to destroy the solar system with a ki wave then he could use the same ki in a physical attack"........THAT DOES NOT MEAN THE PUNCH IS GOING TO DESTROY THE SOLAR SYSTEM, DID I SAY THAT.....AHHHHH NO!!!!!!!, but the energy that he can hit some1 with is equivilent to a ki wave that could destroy the solar system......geez...

oh and PS Cell did say that he was going to destroy the whole solar system.

((The_Anomaly))
oh and please go to hell, im not a 12 year old kid, but, you know i guess u have to say things like that when thats the only thing that u got....

oh ya..hahaha! my grammer is bad..lol, ya it is, in here CAUSE I DONT CARE!!, im in university, and am going to be a teacher of...ENGLISH AND PHILOSOPHY, AND HISTORY.....but ya, im just a 12 year old...

..........***

((The_Anomaly))
oh and i noticed that u said universe, just in case u dont know the solar system and the universe are not the samething

((The_Anomaly))
but i must admit that this fourm is quite retarted, so ill go back to the matrix fourms, where people actually think at some point....

WindDancer
This thread is closed, and do NOT start a new Superman vs. Goku or any other DBZ character. From now on Topics related to DBZ will be moved to The Official Dragonball Z thread.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.