Revolutions Hell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Numo
Is it me or was Revolutions abit, how shall I say it...Hell obsessed. Now I'm not saying that's a bad thing if there was something that they were trying to tell us or show us.

Take the Merovingian's club called Hel (which at first I thought was Sodom and Gommorah). Then Mifune's talk to the army of Zion "if we have to give our lives, we give them Hell before we do." And Zion's geographical location, near the Earth's core is where you might expect Hell to be, and when the machines had taked the dock Zion did look like Hell.

Even Roland said it to Neo onboard the Hammer, "believe me this ship will go to Hell long before I let you take it anywhere," while on their way to Zion.

So were they trying to tell us something, if so what?

The Ones
You watch to much matrix if you spotted that

Mini Hiker
i like hell no expression

Numo
Clear your mind, if you are to spot the truth you must.

Mini Hiker
you can never watch too much matrix no

JediHDM
i noticed it, but i don't think there is an underlying theme aside from the allusion to hell on earth. Zion looks like Hell because it is completely and utterly destroyed, it is burning out of control, etc. With the Merovingian, it is part of his character. It also seems funny to me that the Merovingians were a line supposedly descended from Christ and Mary Magdalene, and yet the Merovingian is more like Hades.

Korri
yeah i noticed that in classics one day laughing

The Ones
korri, i like your new sig

Korri
thanks i made it myself smile

Numo
Me too. And then there is Machine City which also looked very Satanic.

Vim
Ah, watch your terminology, Satanic is a reference to satan, who is an angel, and is beautiful, so are you saying the machine city was beautiful? No of course not, what you meant was that it looked demonic, remember there is a difference.

Numo
Actually you have helped in illustrating my point.

Satan was an angel, probably the most beautiful of them all, then he was cast out and now is the Devil who is still able to appear as an angel of light. So he can look as the Devil and also as an angel of light.

Machine City to me also looked SATANIC and to Neo looked like a City of Light.

Thank you for your assistance.

JediHDM
it, and the machines as a whole, were meant to portray a insectoid-like culture. The bros. find insect civilization to be fascinating, thus it was incorporated into the movies.

Numo
They believe that of all creatures insects are the most perfect, as their shape resembles some mathematical models. They may believe that if the next senteint lifeform on this planet may be insect like.

Raedwulf
The 3rd movie is supposedto be about Hell, or at least about an after-life. In the "Matrix Revisited," they say that the first movie is about birth, the 2nd about life and the 3rd about death. The Hell references are indeed intentional, as Smith turns the Matrix into a Hell, and then afterwards Sati makes it look like heaven with the rainbow things.
All about the afterlife.

JediHDM
Numo> this is really late, but have you ever heard of the golden ratio, fibonacci sequence, or phi? it exists in everything in nature, not just ants, but in trees, shells, humans, flowers, etc...it really is a beautiful thing...

raedwulf> there are references to hell, the afterlife, heaven, etc in all the movies, not just Revolutions. Yes, there is a sort of rought guideline that can be applied to the three movies, which the Wachowski bros. revealed themselves, but to say that life is *only* in the second, or birth is *only* in the first, or death is *only* in the last is kinda absurd.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.