Concerning the segue from EIII into EIV

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cornponious
I've got something to chew on for a while. We can say with some certainty that EIII will end with some reference to Tatooine. But what I am wondering is whether or not anybody else will know that Ben is hiding out on Tatooine, and if anyone else DOES know, who it will be.

I have to say that it IS known that Ben is hiding on Tatooine, and that he is keeping an eye on young Luke. I will also go further to say that Bail Organa HAS to know that Ben is on Tatooine, and at some point, he must tell Leia. When Leia is hiding from Imperial Stormtroopers on the Tantive IV (is that the name of the ship?), she loads the deathstar plans into artoo, and then sends artoo off in an escape pod to the planet Tatooine below to deliver the plans to, who else, Obi-Wan Kenobi. I mean, the message she sends along with it is directed solely towards Kenobi. And, if I'm not mistaken, she refers to him as "General Kenobi".

So we have established that it is known at least by Bail Organa and Leia that Ben is on Tatooine. And it is safe to assume that if Bail knows that Ben is there, he probably knows WHY he is there, which means that Bail would probably know that Leia has a brother. And if he knows that, then he would probably know who their FATHER is. This gives credibility to the talk that Kenobi gives to Luke in ROTJ about his sister remaining "safely anonymous".

Am I just rattling on about things that are generally well-known? If I am, I'm sorry, but this whole thing just makes me so happy. smile

If anyone else wants to expand on this or add to it, feel free to.

corn

yerssot
the post is too long sad wink

Ushgarak
Yeah, it's all solid ground that has been discussed, Corn.

Sacrifise666
bail could know where obiwan is. but i dont know if he would tell leia because then that would show a reunion of luke and leia as bro and sister.

bail probably believes obiwan can be dead do to the fact it's 20 somthing years after episode 3. or bail may believe that obiwan has brought luke to yoda for jedi training.

Sith Master X
I believe it is known that Ben is hiding on Tatooine, however I don't believe that's how Episode 3 will end. I've got a feeling the very end of Episode 3 will have something to do with Vader, Stormtroopers and such all in celebration of the new born Empire.

SMX
cool

orbob
Hey Corn, I'm just so happy that your so happy.

We need more happy people round here....you know, bein' happy....

Corsie
Yoda would probably know where Ben is.

Sith Master X
I agree with Corsie. I'm sure Yoda and Ben will discuss where they're off to at some point in Episode III, that's probably how Ben knows Yoda is on the Dagobah system in ESB, therefore telling Luke where he must go to complete his training.

SMX
cool

darktim1
I think that there was so many years in between that leia could have been imformed of the clone wars and everything else.

bILLYgOAT
So Luke is aged 17 maybe 18 years old in ANH
why did Ben train him as a Jedi from when Luke was 6 or 7?

El Toro De Brah
that is what ive been pondering for years on. why didnt Ben train luke to become a jedi rather than giving him to luke's uncle.

i might have a guess and say that maybe vader or the emperor couldve sense luke using the force but couldnt sense ben maybe b'cos he could hide from the force...dont know.
let me know what u guys think tho. cool

cornponious
I would say that's a pretty good guess.

corn

peluffo
Obi wan wants to train luke, but yoda don't.
When Ob1 dies, then he tells luke to go to dagobah, and there, yoda argues that he is too old to be trained.

This make me think that even when both Yoda and Ob1 were knowing each other's destiny, there was no plan about train some "skywalker" on jedi path... or at least, yoda wasn't informed or he didn't agrees with that.

I said this, because i've used to guess that there was a "plan" that is triggered when Leia looks for Obi Wan on tatooine... some kind of secret arrangement between Ob1 and Bail (maybe yoda involved too?), something like "Obi Wan, wait for my signal to begin luke's training" "-and what will be your signal?" "Well, i'll send Leia to you asking for help... she will say that you are our only hope, or something like that..."
I thought that because the look ob1 gives to Luke when he says "You must learn the way of the force, you must come with me to Alderaan..."

jedi90
i never thought there was a plan. obi-wan said he was told old for the task. waiting till luke is an adult would be just silly and never made sense to me. obi-wan was being hunted by the empire so he took luke to the lars out of love for anakin. i think getting the distress message from leia and seeing luke sparked something in him making him think he could set right what went wrong. obi-wan needed all the help he thought he could get and having another force user with you (especially the son of the strongest one). sometimes i think folks look too deep into the situation instead of realizing that it was just a chain of events that caused obi-wan and luke to meet. i don't know thats just my two cent on it.

Red Superfly
Well what if Uncle Owen wouldn't let Obi-Wan near Luke?

Obi-Wan would try to get near, but Uncle Owen would chase him off with a pitchfork ("get orf moy land!"wink.

Or what if Obi-Wan just forgot? He just sits and waits in his house, and forgets:

*Obi Wan lands on Tatooine, with Luke in arms*

Obi Wan: "Maybe I could train the boy? I could rasie him as my own?"

*Luke pees on Obi-Wan*

Obi Wan: "I seem to remember Anakin going on about some miserable farmer he's related to - you can make them change your space nappies"

*Obi Wan drops off Luke with Owen and Beru*

Obi-Wan: "Now I can put my feet up for a few years, catch a few rays. I'll wait until Luke's four or something"

*Obi-Wan puts his feet up, catches his rays, gets bored, goes to Anchorhead, and becomes a pimp for three Twi'Leks. Obi-Wan 16 years living as 'Da Man', as he lays by his pool getting massaged by some random Twi'Lek, he ponders*

Obi Wan: "I'm sure I'm forgetting something"

*Obi Wan see a Twi'Lek pick up his lightsaber*

Twi'Lek: "Wow, a dil......"

Obi-Wan: "Oh crap, LUKE!"

kittypuff
Ok, here's my two credits worth...

It is quite obvious that Bail knows where ObiWan is, otherwise he wouldn't have sent Leia to Tatooine with instructions to find him and bring him back to Alderaan.

I have also wondered why Ben didn't train Luke as a Jedi earlier, and came to the conclusion that it was probably, as has been previously stated in this thread, that Vader and Empy could sense Luke using the force, and Ben wanted to make certain the boy was old enough to handle the challenges that lay ahead of him. It's easier for a 20 year old to face danger, than for a six year old to do so.

There, those are my thoughts!
stick out tongue

yerssot
well, OB1 could have given Luke to Owen cause he was too down to raise a lil kid and when after a while he was "un-depressed" or something, he asked owen to train Luke and he refused?

VengeanceGOD
I think Obi-wan knew he couldn't raise a kid, so he gave him to the Lars, telling him that he wanted to train the boy. Owen refused, and wouldn't allow Obi-wan near Luke. After a while, he just gave up. But then Luke came looking for him, and the rest is history.

Sith Master X
That's an interesting theory. I'll also bet part of Owen's refusing Obi-Wan to train Luke is because of what he saw happen to Anakin when he was taken away from home to be drained in the Jedi arts. It all ended in tragedy. Perhaps, Owen didn't want the same for Luke.

SMX
cool

Lurik
Then again, perhaps Owen was just a pr***.
Think about it, moisture farming can't bring in that much money to begin with, so Owen says, "Damn! I need all the help I can get! Screw the Jedi, we need money!"

SlickRick69
Or, on the other hand, there is the other hand... a moisture farmer might, MIGHT lose a hand after 50 years of moisture farming in a freak accident while repairing a moisture vaporator without droid communication assistance...

Jedi lose limbs left and right, hands, feet, arms, legs, every other light saber battle they every get into...

So, maybe Lars was just looking out for little Luke's life and limbs for all those years... maybe not such a pr*** after all? smile

Lurik
A possibility...though I prefer the pr*** one....

OB1-adobe
I'm sure it is going to be all good, and make sense in some way or another. It is threads like this one that make me truly believe Episode III is not going to be as complicated as we might think. There is probably going to be a bunch of answers that were staring us in the face the whole time, and others that will make us question why we even questioned it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.