Theme tune

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rolda Hayes
Is the theme tune indiana jones played backwards?

Ive just read this but cant be sure...

yerssot
can you be specific?

orbob
No it isn't!

But it's by the same bloke (John Williams) and I do believe he gets all the notes for his themes from the same place (as a kind of "job lot" so there's the similarity for you. wink

Ushgarak
Surely Indy Jones would be Star Wars backwards, if this were so?

Sith Master X
I'm sorry, but if Indiana Jones was SW backwards, doesn't the theme just seem a little too well composed? It'd be quite a coincidence that SW played backwards would sound that good, and all fit in with the rest of the theme. Listen to the whole Indi theme, the whole score flows together perfectly. SW played backwards would sound too random. That's just me though.

SMX
cool

Ushgarak
I think we can safely discount this one, SMX!

Mind you, when it comes to theme tunes, I find it VERY hard to remember the Star Wars theme tune when listening to the Superman one, and vice versa.

orbob
LOL! laughing I've had that problem for 27 years!

Sith Master X
Yeah, most of William's old music kind of followed the same format. SW and Superman both have similar themes. I love the Superman theme though, as well as SW.

SMX
cool

Corsie
Same here.

orbob
Notice also the slight similarity between "The Imperial March" (Vader's Music) and the "Jaws" theme.............

Sith Master X
Yeah, some of the instruments used in both of those themes sound very much the same.

SMX
cool

amity75
I'd love John Williams and his orchestra to follow me around everywhere I go, playing appropriate music to whatever I was doing.
Apparently soundtracks play second fiddle to Williams love of Jazz.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.