Marvel vs. DC: Rainbow Rumble!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Never
A Marvel and DC tournament of a different kind:

1. The Deal:
Each team of 7 gets to train with each other for two hours in a Danger Room type situation to improve teamwork and effectiveness before entering the tournament. I'll do it one battle at a time to avoid clutter.

2. The Teams:

Team RED_
Scarlet Witch(leader)
The Flash (most recent JLA)
Jean Grey (sans PF)
Red Tornado
Captain Marvel (DC)
Spider-Man
Plastic Man

Team BLACK_
Batman(leader)
Warbird
Wonder Man
Nightcrawler
Quasar
Dr Strange
Hawkeye

Team BLUE_
Captain America(leader)
Superman
Beast
Thor
Quicksilver
Black Canary
Invisible Woman

Team YELLOW_
Wasp(leader)
Wonder Woman
Iron Man
Dr Fate
Wolverine
Mantis
Firestar

Team WHITE_
Photon(leader)
Storm
Emma Frost
Power Girl
Iceman
Silver Surfer
Magneto

Team GREEN_
Martian Manhunter(leader)
Rogue
Sersi
Green Lantern (most recent JLA)
Moondragon
The Vision
She-Hulk

3. Round 1: Battle 1
Team BLACK vs Team BLUE

have fun~

Arachnoidfreak
i dont even know. Captain America and Batman's strategies alone would make this battle interesting.

Dr. Strange or Batman would have to make the Invisible Woman(i assume you mean Sue Richards) visible somehow and take her out quickly, or else Captain America would have her invisibly pick off members of the Black Team one by one with suffocating bubbles over their heads

Batman would neutralize Superman with kryptonite(he's always ready for him)

Quicksilver alone could take out Hawkeye, and maybe Nightcrawler

Thor would take out Wonderman, and after that Quasar

thats not all of the characters but i cant think of more scenarios, i think BLUE Team would win. Thor, Captain America, and Quicksivler are too much for BLACK Team

too many characters for me to just think about, i need pencil and paper to draw it out

VENOMfan
Yeah Im bet'in Blue takes the win. for those reasons. and Cap'n just seem's like the better team player than Bat's IMO

Gregory
Batman capably led the Outsiders. But I have no idea who would win here.

moshtitan
if batman had a chance to analyze his opponents then i think his team would own but if it was more of a spur of the moment type thing then i have to go w/ team blue.

FrothByte
i don't know who warbird and black canary is, so i'll leave them out of the equation at the moment. im assuming that superman is bright enough to realize that batman knows his weakness so he'll stay away from him and take out someone else.

superman and thor are too much for either wonderman or quasar, and quicksilver and beast could make short work out of hawkeye and nightcrawler. plus add invisible woman for a bonus and i'd say blue has a definite advantage. the only hard player black team really has is doc. strange. i'm not sure about the extent of his powers, but im thinking maybe thor and sue could take him out.

as for the leaders, i think batman is a better tactician and cap a better team coach. anyway, quicksilver might be quick enough to take out bats in the very start of the round.

FrothByte
btw, is this your first thread never? i like it.

Never
I think it is my first thread; cannot recall - and thank you smile

Warbird? Remember Binary? One and the same.

Black Canary = Hawkeye's wife (Mockingbird).

Most think that Team Blue take it as well. Comments from Al Harahap, DC Comics Editor:

"Blue takes it, but not as easy as it may seem. Black still has Dr. Strange, who can take on Supes given prep time. But there's still Thor..."

Moving on (hope those viewing the thread are familiar with the characters):

Round 1: Battle 2

Team RED _
Scarlet Witch(leader)
The Flash (most recent JLA)
Jean Grey (sans PF)
Red Tornado
Captain Marvel (DC)
Spider-Man
Plastic Man

vs

Team YELLOW_
Wasp(leader)
Wonder Woman
Iron Man
Dr Fate
Wolverine
Mantis
Firestar

moshtitan
id say team RED on this one

Arachnoidfreak
I agree with Frothbyte, great thread Never.

as for the new matchup, i really dont have an answer. I'd like to say team RED but i wont have an analysis or facts to back up my statement.

VENOMfan
Im going with Red. Flash and Spidey can mop the floor with Wolvie and Jean has her telepathy, and Scarlet is a pretty powerfull witch....excuse the pun

RSSR
For Round 1 Battle 2, Red team looks more imposing than Yellow team, so I'll go with Red.

Never-- just a quick question, does Moondragon have possesion of the Mind Gem for this tournament? And does the Mind Gem make her even more powerful than Jean Grey or Rachel WITH the Phoenix Force?

Never
I think I would have to say Moondragon is without the Mind Gem. God, having her WITH the Mind Gem on the same team as MM? Wooks wike twouble!

Hmm. Mind Gem vs. Rachel w/Phoenix Force? You know, I am going to go out on a limb and say that she is somewhere up there, but not sure if she is more powerful. Will ask someone more familiar with both.

RSSR
What's the hold up here? Is this tournament still on or has it already been given to Green team?

Arachnoidfreak
i dunno, White could give Green a run for its money

Never
Apologies; got a little tied up in that annoying realm known as "real life..."

I see all chose Red - conversely, on another messageboard, they were undecided. A few comments (might find a tidbit of new info):

"Yellow. No doubt. I mean you have Dr.Fate who can mess everybody up plus you have Wolverine who will not stop fighting no matter what."

"I give it to team Red.

Scarlet Witch is the mage killer as her powers are especially useful against other magicians. And then after that, all bets are off.

Then, Red team has the one hero that consistantly beats Superman, Captain Marvel

Flash is exceedingly hard to beat. As is Plastic Man, both have intangibles up the yin yang.

Spiderman is always an x-factor because his spider sense makes him extremely resiliant.

Jean is still the worlds most powerful telekinetic.

And then top it off with the avatar for the wind elemental with Red Tornado.

That is a formidable team.

Yellow's problem, asside from Iron Man and Wasp, the entire team can be taken for face value. And even still, Wasp isn't that special. Iron Man would make things real interesting, but he will eventually fall."

"I think Wonder Woman is the real threat in Yellow, as well as Fate, IM and Wasp. Spider-Man and Wolverine will probably keep each other busy for a while, but eventually Wolvie would most likely come out on top(he can take more than Spidey can dish out). I'm not sure where Mantis fits in, but she has been known to hurt those much stronger than herself(Thor).Additionally, I think Wasp is a better strategist and leader than Wanda."

Red it is!

Next (and probably most difficult matchup):

Round 1: Battle 3

Team WHITE_
Photon(leader)
Storm
Emma Frost
Power Girl
Iceman
Silver Surfer
Magneto

vs

Team GREEN_
Martian Manhunter(leader)
Rogue
Sersi
Green Lantern (most recent JLA)
Moondragon
The Vision
She- Hulk

Arachnoidfreak
well Silver Surfer and Magneto are White's "big guns", and Green has Moondragon(from what i hear) and Manhunter, as well as Green Lantern. Tough call here.

Rogue and Power Girl can duke it out for a while, before either gives in.

i dont know much about Sersi, other than she is some sort of sorceress(not a big Avengers fan)

Photon can transform herself into any electromagnetic energy, which Magneto can control, looks like Magneto might be able to use her as a weapon, as well as his surroundings.(just my opinion here, i think Magneto would make a better leader, but again, im not a big Avengers fan)

The Vision's ability to become intangable doesnt pose too much of a problem, isn't he still vulnerable to forms of energy in that state? im not sure. and if he increases density, Sufer can re-arrange his molcules so he's just a lump of metal. or Magneto could finish him off. i dunno.

Iceman can try his luck with Green Lantern, but im pretty certain GL would come out on top.

Manhunter has better control, and more experience with his telepathy than Emma, and he's stronger than her, he can take her out,

Silver Surfer will have to use the full extent of the Power Cosmic for team White to pull through, he can go toe-to-toe with Manhunter, and come out on top if he also uses his speed, not giving Manhunter a chance to use his telepathy(would it even work on Surfer?), and after finishing Manhunter off, work on other members

Magneto can take GL i think, just because he has more experience and is the better strategist

I dont know the extent of Moondragons powers, so no comment here.

She-Hulk vs...Storm? i dunno about that. She-Hulk can throw stuff, but Storm can fly around and shoot lighting at her. not quite sure here.

i dunno, Team Green would probably pull this out, but i'd still root for Team White

RSSR
I like Green Team over White Team even though White Team has Silver Surfer. Silver Surfer has beaten Green Lantern not once, but twice; however he won't have to go at it with Silver Surfer for a third time all by himself as he does has his fellow teammate MM to back him up with Vision and Sersi right behind them (again, both are teammates already). Sersi has already fought the powerful mutant Exodus to a standstill. I'm sure she would have eventually come out on top if only he hadn't decided he had enough and fled. Between Emma Frost and Moondragon, I think Emma Frost is the weakest between the two and once Emma goes down, there goes White's telepathic protection.

RSSR
Also, Sersi can manipulate matter and cosmic energy herself, making herself useful against Silver Surfer. Maybe Rogue can hold off Powergirl long enough for Sersi to take care of Iceman and Storm; afterwards turning her attention to assist GL and MM with SS, but Magneto on White's team also poses a problem. Magneto may be one of the last standing for White especially when Moondragon will have a tough time trying to penetrate his helmet. That's my opinion, I could be wrong.

b.d.k
wonder man loses it and destroys the whole universe by coming out of his containment skin or what ever marvel has named it and melts every one to ashes period.

bdk says so.

Krissy Von Doom
She Hulk vs Powergirl would stalemate a while until Powergirl overpowers Shulkie
Emma Frost vs Moondragon = Moondragon coz she's not just a telepath
Surfer vs GL = Surfer would win
Rogue vs Storm = Rogue takes it
Iceman vs Sersi = Iceman manipulates ice, Sersi manipulates matter, Sersi wins
Photon vs Manhunter = Manhunter is too versatile, he wins
Vision vs Magneto = Vision loses easily

which leaves

Powergirl, Surfer & Magneto
vs
Moondragon, Rogue, Sersi & Manhunter

Powergirl's power gets absorbed by Rogue
Surfer & Manhunter battle for a while
Mags gets double teamed by Sersi and Moondragon and eventually he's overpowered

leaving Surfer to battle the rest of the green team, which would be too much for him, unless he takes his battle to space and fights each one at a time. However, the powers matched against him are too much and to varied.

Green wins

lightaxe
*slaps b.d.k with fish*

BobbyD
...interesting thread in the archives. ...just figure I'd toss it out there.

BattleMage
Team BLUE_
Captain America(leader)
Superman
Beast
Thor
Quicksilver
Black Canary
Invisible Woman

Followed by

Team WHITE_
Photon(leader)
Storm
Emma Frost
Power Girl
Iceman
Silver Surfer
Magneto

Black bolt z
Two things
1: Too many characters
2: Black isn't a rainbow color

3: Yellow or white team win

Too much info on the op, saw scarlet witch in team red, so I'll go with it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.