Who plays bass guitar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chops
hi i was just wondering how many members play bass guitar. let me know

chops
some body please

lil bitchiness
eek! Imma bassist!! happy

I have Vintage 4 strinnged happy

Blind-Enemy
I DO!!!!!!!!!!! eek!

i own a Carl Thompson 4-string with a tremolo( my favorite bass) , an Ibanez Gsr100 4-string , a Warwick Rockbass Corvette 4-string , a Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass 4-string ,a O.L.P. MM3 4-string, a Cort JPS5 5-string ,a Carlo Robell USB-896 6-string(prety cool bass), Spector NS2000/5 5-string , Carlo Robelli SSBFL 4-string fretless

for amplification i use a SWR Megoliath 8x10 cabinet, SWRSM-900 bass amplifier, SWR Power 750 power amp, Gallien-Krueger G-K 700-RB

Blind-Enemy
embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment

lil bitchiness
drool IBANEZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!

I wand one, but they are hella expencive cry

Blind-Enemy
hehehehe

i used to have 4 other Ibanez basses, but i got tired and i sold it

lil bitchiness
eek!

My ex teacher could play 8 stringed bass. I havent seen one before he demonstrated his playing technique, very cool big grin

Blind-Enemy
i always wanted to buy a 8 string bass

there's a Carlo Robelli UBD510 8-string that i want to buy, for only $349.99

Devalion
Ohhh, not much then.....? But I suppose they're worth the money!

lil bitchiness
Not if you cant play them wink

Korri
Keanu Reeves eek! - another usless fact raver

oh yeah and im getting one soon shifty

Devalion
So Ture!

the lost boys
yeah i play the bass guitar. i have been playing it for about 6 years

Korri
What the f**k?...

The Vodkanator
i play the piano no expression

Korri
i play guitar and drums, i wanna learn the bass yes

the lost boys
want me to teach u bass korri

Korri
go on then stick out tongue

Blind-Enemy
well... i dont want to sound like a show off but also i can play guitar, drums, cello and a little of piano and keyboards...but my favorite instrument is the bass guitar. i've been studing music since i was 6 and i think i've develop a good and strong playing style embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment

Blind-Enemy
basicly i am a one man band eek!

Korri
eek!

The One Himself
I do play bass! eek! (4 strings right?)

Korri
eek! Just like your dad

Bar-en-Danwedh
ah, another one man band...

i'm a one man band too!

and yes that means i play bass... (Just to stay on topic)

LoneWolf
I don't play anything erm

Smiling_Sadly
im learnig to play bass!

Blind-Enemy
kool! bass can be a really fun instrument to play, just dont narrow yourself and always try new things...

Lydia
my sis does & her chemistry teacher favors her coz her chemistry teacher plays too. big grin

chops
wow i dident realise how many people play bass i do to dont know what make it is but its blak and white and ive been playing for 1 year

FrothByte
me too me too. I play the bass. fender precision 4 string bass. i've been playing bass for 8 years, guitar for 10 years, trumpet for 7 years, drums for 15 years. im 20 years old by the way.

Ellen
nice avatar and sig korri eek! smile

BTW, i don't play it but i like to play!

Blind-Enemy
FrothByte... i'm 20 too

SeptemberRain
I play guitar. Played for two years. I also play piano and sing.

Black Onyx
drool

i play drums now and sing

FrothByte
cool man. dedicated lives to music

speiderman
I have been a bassist for about five years.

Blind-Enemy
we should discuss bass influences cool

speiderman
James Jamerson. The bassist from Dave Matthews band. Flea. All good stuff I listen too.

Lonely4eva
I do.

Blind-Enemy
my main influences are Steve Harris(Iron Maiden), John Myung(Dream Theater) , Cliff Burton(Metallica) , Les Claypool(Primus), Geddy Lee(Rush),Chuck Schuldiner(Death--not a bass player but very influential on me--), Billy Sheehan(Mr. Big), Tony Levin( Peter Gabriel , King Crimson)

kool list eek!

loserib
i play a lil bass when i play iuse my bassist bass he has
a schecter 4 string devil tribal bass it got the deepest maddest tone ever man
my freind who plays in thr3efold his bassist plays an 8 string and is moving up to an 11 string the link their website is in my sig this guy is bass jesus im telling you better then most signed bands

also another real good bassist thats notreally known is the guy from nuclear rabbit

RSSR
Wow, can't believe no one mentioned Victor Wooten from Bela Fleck and the Flecktones as an influence. The guy is UNBELIEVABLE. He's one of the best, if not THEE best, bassists in the world.

chops
Iv gotten much better now

Arachnoidfreak
Just started on the bass. Fun shit. It's a ***** starting out though, my fingers hurt like crazy.

amity75
I've been playing guitar for 15 years now though I'm getting a bass for Christmas. Are they easy things to play?

Arachnoidfreak
A 4-string bass is simpler to learn than a guitar, but they're bigger, so they're a bit harder to hold. You have to get used to it.

ChickinMeat
quite a few bassists here, awesome!

i also play the bass, on a bass hardly anyone has ever heard of! its a Bass Collection SB-123, any of you guys heard of it?

i used to play in a band that did blues, jazz, rock, metal and a mixture of the lot!

chops
hey a question, is it weird to play a bass with a plectrum?

PissedOffGoalie
i play the bass

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.