It

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chops
hi i made this cause i was waching it last night and thought if people would share thier comments.

Clark_Kent
the kid who played stuttering bill..the actor killed himself..and John Ritter died in the same year..spooky...with that aside , I liked the movie; i think i watched it on TV about 10 yrs ago..was a special on ABC..i could be wrong.

chops
who the kid or adult

chops
oh the kid. did he shame and why

Clark_Kent
hung himself in december, i heard it on VH1, a show about troubled child-actors, he was 27. Richard..erm...something..

as 4 Ritter he was a old guy.

the story was Inspired when stephen king lived in Boulder,colorado. from what i read, he had car problems, so he dropped it off...later in the week, the car was fixed..so Mr. King decided to walk to the repair shop, it was near dark, when along the way he had to cross a bridge, and his imagination took off, he thought of that childhood story, where those 3 billy goats had to get to the other side, before the evil troll..IT..would hurt them.

Zilverz
there is already a post on this movie ... search next time insted of creating a new one

<<Solo>>
I was about to say that!^.Anyways this movie sucked it's not very scary at all.Cheesy.

Evil Dead
1. Yes John Brandis killed himself. You may also remember him from his tv series "Sea Quest DSV"....or various films like "The Never Ending Story" and "Sidekicks" with Chuck Norris.

2. Don't listen to them. Feel free to start your own threads on films in this forum. You don't have to search for old threads on the subject. Just make sure there isn't already a post about the same subject on the first page.

chops
right

Zilverz
Way to promote scholarly forum behavior &lt;thumb down&gt;

I guess the sticky posts at the top serve no purpose? Granted we dont talk about "IT" maybe as much as Friday 13th etc.. but the same principle is behind recommending the search and attaching a general post like "Have you seen this movie" to the previous post. In Fact he prob would have found some peoples opinions, which is what he was asking for O: imagine that!

chops
i dident do this because i really liked it i did this cause i saw it last night (for the 3rd time) and wondered what other people thought

<<Solo>>
Give him a break man, he's new anyways.

Evil Dead
1. Zilverz was posting to me..............not the new guy.

2. Discussion between myself and forum mod, Backfire:

Me :

Backfire:

The point is.......no need to use the search feature to drag up posts that were started last year, might aswell go ahead and start a new topic. This will get more new people involved in the forum. Just about every movie has already been discussed in here before. Why would somebody new want to come to this forum when they couldn't start any new posts.......all they could do is search for posts made last year with 55 replies to them and tack one more onto the end?

As long as there isn't already a thread devoted to the movie on the first page or two..........it's fine to go ahead and start a new thread about it. This allows everybody to participate in this forum equally, no matter how long they've been here.

Edit: Also Zilverz.......

The threads at the top of the board are there to prevent others from posting new threads about those same movies. They were put there because we were getting 7 posts about NOES, 4 posts about Friday the 13th and 5 posts about Halloween .......all on the first page. Since those threads are stuck on the first page, obviously nobody should start new threads about those movies........hence the whole, "just make sure there aren't any posts already made about that movie on the first page or so".

Evil Dead
welcome to the forum chops..........I hope you stick around. This forum can ge a good place to discuss Horror films. As stated before, don't worry about posting something somebody else has already posted before. If you want to talk about a movie.......go for it big guy. Just make sure there aren't any posts already devoted to that movie on the first page or two...........

BackFire
Yep. As long as it's not on the first page you can start a topic on it. If, however, someone posts in an old thread on the same topic, bringing it to the first page, I will merge the two.

Evil Dead
also,

The thing is Zilverz........I think chops is looking for the opinions of people who are here now.......so he can discuss his/our opinions. I don't think finding the opinions of people who were here 8 months ago, 6 months ago, a year ago are going to help him achieve this.

This, as all forums, are about discussion. It's kind of hard to discuss a topic with people who stopped posting here 5 months ago........I'm sure you could agree to that.

slayer
Most people don't even stick around that long. And Evil dead i agree with u.

Zilverz
understood

yerssot
currently watching it ... I hope it picks some serious pace or gets at least a bit interesting soon

chops
uhhh

LimeLight
I always joke with my sister and friends about this movie. Pennywise is just too funny to be scary. Although I like Tim Curry, not one of his best films.

roundisfunny
mad

HE WAS ONLY 54! (sigh) These young whippersnappers....

<<Solo>>
Seriously he wasn't old at all.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Late last year me and my two brothers and my oldest brothers girlfriend watched it at like 12 o'clock in the morning, I can remember seeing it when I was like 7 as well.......I liked it, good plot, and a good story. 8 Simple Rules just isn't the same with out John. Rest in piece John Ritter sad...............but boy is his son Jason hot! drool

Evil Dead
yes he is! boy do I want to have hot sex with him........

midnightshadow
i thought the film IT was good, although i did keep laughing at tim curry (mainly because hes in the rocky horror show and i keept seeing him in drag hehe) but the book is sooooo much better. scarier and with more detail. if you liked that, or even if you didnt, you should watch some other stephen king films, i can recomend some if you want ( if you dont want me to dont worry bout it)

chops
i just recently saw pet cemetary scary

chops
there is going to be an IT remake for tv it was on www.darkhorizens.com then u go on news and type down it i think

Sarah15
i like this movie...i like most of all stephen kings books/movies...

Primitive Screwhead #1
Amen! I would have said it if you didn't... I'm better than halfway there myself.

And when did Jonathan Brandis kill himself?!? I must have missed that one... most likely since he hadn't been working on anything as of recent. I think the last thing I saw him in was that Rodney Dangerfield soccer flick.

Primitive Screwhead #1
Yes. Scary how bad it was compared to the book. sick

Aini
I like pet cemetary and I like IT. IT is just soo long and the ending is very bad. the whole spider-thing...that sucked. Pennywise (while he was still a clown) was "scarier". ........I'm kinda "affraid" of clowns... whistle

@F1
I liked the book.

Best Book to Movies by S King:
The shining
Dead Zone
The Green Mile
The Shawshank Redemption
Carry

rayj
sorry to do this, but that website that said they were doing a new one diden't work for me!! does anyone know about this supposed new one they are doing? THEY NEED TO MAKE IT RATED R!!! there is so much more depth they can add to it, if it were rated R!

ragesRemorse
It is going to be a t.v movie. It will be through the perspective of the girl (forget her name) yeah it will be shit. It was a very violent book, one of kings more disturbing uses of violence and gore. It was a great book, but poor movie. It started out well, but totaly did a 180' It' should be amde into a film and rated R and directed by a good Director. this is the only chance i can see of It being a good movie.

Evil Dead
I think it needs to be pointed out that "it" was not a film..........it was a television mini-series.

ragesRemorse
the new It will only be two hours long aswell.

Evil Dead
meh......it'll be as bad as Dream Catcher then.

SlipknoT
The only thing I remember from Dreamcatcher was a bunch of kids trying to make a retard eat shit.

ragesRemorse
that was the greatest review for that movie i have read yet.

rayj
when is this new one coming out (and it sounds pathetic, but I'll still watch it!)

SlipknoT
they're not making a new one no expression

ragesRemorse
yeah they are. dark horizons and TFAW have some info on it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.