Best-selling games of all times

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mah
Maybe posted before? meh.

1. "Super Mario Bros." for NES: 40 Million Units
2. "Tetris" for Gameboy: 33 Million Units
3. "Super Mario Bros. 3" for NES: 18 Million Units
4. "Super Mario World" for SNES: 17 Million Units
5. "Super Mario Land" for Gameboy: 14 Million Units
6. "Super Mario 64" for N64: 11 Million Units
7. "The Sims" for PC: 10 Million Units
8. "Super Mario Bros. 2" for NES: 10 Million Units
9. "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" for PS2: 8.5 Million Units
10. "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" for PSX: 8 Million Units
11. "GoldenEye" for N64: 8 Million Units
12. "Donkey Kong Country" for SNES: 8 Million Units
13. "Super Mario Kart" for SNES: 8 Million Units
14. "Pokemon Red/Blue" for Gameboy: 8 Million Units
15. "Half-Life" for PC: 8 Million Units
16. "Tomb Raider II" for PSX: 8 Million Units
17. "Final Fantasy VII" for PSX: 7.8 Million Units
18. "Myst" for PC: 7 Million Units
19. "Gran Turismo 3" for PS2: 7 Million Units
20. "Dragon Warrior VII" for PS2: 6 Million Units

Mario dominates \m/

Raventheonly
Thats because the first game any of us have ever truely owned for sure is a mario game...

Tex
Mario is worth billions!

He can be my sugar daddy! zorro

Red Superfly
The Sims and HARRY STINKIN POTTER above Goldeneye and Mario Kart? People should be ashamed of themselves..............

§pearhead
^ ditto, that's plain scary blink

Arachnoidfreak
Goldeneye was a great friggin game

WindDancer
I'm surprise that Halo and Counter Strike aren't included. Not even MK is included.

Darn that Mario!!!!! miffed

chops
by the end of the year that list will change compleatly

VENOMfan
I dont think so.

Halo 2 will do great but I bet it dosent beat FF7. EVERY body had that game and plenty bought a PS just have it.

BackFire
Half Life 2, and Doom 3 will be on that list by the end of the year.

§pearhead
whoa, a game doesn't by 6 million units just by itself. I've gotta agree with VenomFan on this one.

JKozzy
How did Harry Potter beat FFVII miffed

VENOMfan
lots of kids getting ahold of PCP

WindDancer
lol!!! I didn't notice that! FF below Pokemon red/blue! laughing

alic88
what where is tekken3? oR FIFA MAN, YEAH WHERE THE HELL IS FIFA!!!

mah
Not likely.

And Pokemon Red/Blue was a better game than any FF.

DracotheDragon
The best selling game of all time (in my opinion is Animal Crossing) would probably have to be Super Mario Bros. for the NES. I'm guessing, but that's probably it. (I haven't read the thread, I just posted right away)

jvdthwip
That's not entirely correct. Super Mario Brothers was bundled with the NES, which sold a truckload of units, whether or not a kid wanted SMB.

The same goes for Tetris, which was the 1st game for, and bundled with, the Gameboy at its launch.

SMB3 was never really bundled, so it is acclaimed the title of "Best-selling, Non-Bundled, Game of all Time."

The Ones
by the end of november 2004-December 2005, Grand theft auto: San andreas will be best of the best, top of the top... etc...

cal31
Halo 2 is already the best selling game ever. So that list is already very very outdated. San Andreas won't be in the top 10, it doesn't appeal to the young age group let alone will most parents buy it for them, so there is no way it sell that good when already one age group is not buying it. I mean the first game isn't even on the list so why would this one.

Robo-Chocobo
I'm confused. I thought that super mario bros 3 was the BEST SELLING MARIO GAME OF ALL TIME!!!! I htought it sold more than the original

cal31
Yeah, I really doubt that list is accurate, although it would probably be hard to get an accurate list of the top selling games.

Agent Elrond
I highly doubt it'll sell 40 million copies in a year. Very doubtful. If it does, all the morals of our society are down the toliet.

As for the list, where's LoZ, OoT? Those were good games, great, legendary. They must have sold millions *goes to find another list*

SlipknoT
I wish that were true but it wont happen. It will probably beat VC. There are to many soccor moms out there that think if little Jimmy plays this game for 10 minutes it will turn him into a phycotic killer, and then wont buy the game. Alot of overprotective parents wont buy it for thier kids, but no boubt it will definetly be on the list.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.