Bubba-Ho-Tep

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

<<Solo>>
I was suprised to not see a post of Bruce Cambell's New Bubba-Ho-Tep.
Anyways it just came out to DVD and it's awesome. Anyone else like it or heard of it?

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0001LQJMQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Evil Dead
yes sir. I pre-ordered it from Best Buy. Not only does the movie own.......great dvd, loaded with features.

For those of you who havn't seen it.......the dvd has many featurettes not to mention 2 commentary tracks. One with Don Coscarelli and Bruce Campbell and the other with just Bruce in Elvis character.

Cinemaddiction
Saw it, didn't like it at all.

Primitive Screwhead #1
Has its moments... but not one of his best.

<<Solo>>
No Offence but your fu**** up.Lol.J/K..Not really.

WindDancer
For some bizzare reason my local Fry's Electronics has this DVD on the Drama section. messed

I might pick it up if it is on sale. I don't want to buy it a regular price.

Evil Dead
not a coincidence..........the movie is primarily a drama flick

It is in no way a horror flick. It's only labeled as horror by some because it has a mummy in it.

The story is about Elvis Presley being old......looking back on his life....at his mistakes.......and how he's lost his lust for life. All he does is lay in bed waiting to die. A mummy comes along and starts killing people and Elvis decides to stop him........this give Elvis a reason to live and get out of bed again.

abnicirici
I just saw this movie and it sucks! It's not good!

Waggy the Dog
yes...it was very bad, ugly even. It had no moments, and was wildly un-funny.

Evil Dead
- doesn't care about your opinion -

Mr Zero
Yeah what that other dude said: It's far from being just another dumb horror flick - it's a poignant meditation on age, infirmity and redemptive last chances. Not just a drama but a rather sombre and depressing one.

It's also a wildly dumb kickass mummy movie.

BackFire
Man, this movie was ****ing gold. It was one of the most original films I've seen in a long time.

Cinemaddiction
How many threads has there been on this movie, un-officially?

For the record, I still despise it.

WindDancer
I saw it and it was good. I like it and now I understand why it would belong in the Drama section. Bubba Ho-Tep was good, but not enough for me to buy it.

Waggy the Dog
"- doesn't care about your opinion -"

is this really necessary?

Mr Zero
Thats an interesting question... what do you mean by "necessary" in this context? I mean obviously it's not essential or unavoidable to tell you that but I doubt thats what you were asking.

Waggy the Dog
well, what do you mean by "interesting"?
I mean, what I was asking, I assumed everyone knew what I was talking about, but I guess, there is always the odd one, now isn't there? My point wasn't really that "interesting" in the traditional sense, but more of a, you know, "question", a "query" if you will, maybe even if taken to extremes, a "conundrum". But now we are just getting silly.

"...but I doubt thats what you were asking."

you know what: you're right.

..."peeing" okay?

BackFire
Why do you have a problem with him making it clear that he doesn't care about your opinion?

Waggy the Dog
Hey,

I never saw it that way. I guess it's okay. I guess what my problem from the start was how he disagreed with, seemingly, just me. He didn't really back up his point on why he disagreed with me, but...I guess that doesn't really matter when opinions are at stake.

...just so there is no confusion we are talking about Evil Dead, right? if so, then the above is valid.

BadKitty
i liked this movie..it made me laugh. smile

BackFire
Knowing Evil Dead he probably meant it as a jokingly tongue and cheek type comment. Probably didn't mean for you to take it seriously or give one piece of shit that he didn't care about your opinion.

Waggy the Dog
Really?

I could have sworn I was being a tad sarcastic.

BackFire
Ah, subtle sarcasm is hard to read in text.

Waggy the Dog
I know. Isn't it?

Wolfie
This is a great movie. I got it soon after watching my brother in law's copy.

Johnlindsey289
Great movie and good extras as well especially the audio commentary!

xs-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.