*SPOILER* Lord of the Rings 3 and The Matrix Revolutions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theone0103
There was something different that i wished would be just like "The matrix reloaded" or "The Matrix Revolutions".

Matrix Reloaded to Lord of the rings:The Two Towers

The two towers should have had a "To be Concluded" because it had a sorta odd ending.

The Matrix Revolutions to The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the king

I think the Frodo should have died just as Neo did because there was only one movie in 2003 that had a sad ending and it was the matrix revolutions. That was unfair and another thing about the matrix revolutions, it should have faded to black a few times just as lotr 3 did. Plus, The Matrix Revolutions was short compared to Lotr3, Revolutions was 128 minutes (2 hours 8 minutes) and Lotr3 was 200 minutes (3 hours and 20 minutes). I think that The Matrix Revolutions should have been around 2 hours and 30 minutes. They should have found something to add.

silver_tears
Firstly, the ending of RotK is still sad regardless of one of the main characters dying stick out tongue

And I'm pretty possitive M3 was not the only movie in 2003 with a sad ending, maybe one of the only major blockbusters, but not the only.

Rotk being based on the book, had to be that long, it had to tie all the loose ends together and finish off the trilogy nicely.

Revolutions was fine as it was, and adding another 20 minutes to it would have made it seem too long. Not to mention that it was an expansion of Reloaded so technically Reloaded: 2 hours and 18 minutes, plus Revolutions: 2 hours and 9 minutes equals 4 hours 27 minutes big grin

Myth
Mystic River was a great movie and it had a sad ending.

yerssot
so... you wanted that they changed one of the best written books ever????

Fire
that'd be so anal if they'd let frodo die

JKozzy
Yeah, considering it's sorta not how the book goes stick out tongue

Revolutions should have been longer though, they could've elaborated upon some more stuff probly. LOTR is supposed to be long, and was, so, perfect! happy

Fire
ROTK needed to be A LOT LONGER

JKozzy
The extended edition will provide that, I'm pretty sure, the theatrical version wasn't as long as it should've been, but it's all saved for the EE.

silver_tears
Not many people can sit for hours stick out tongue

Cyclops
Sitting, watching a movie in the theatres for 3 hours was enough

JKozzy
I'm one of the few wink

silver_tears
I can only do it, if I'm engrossed in the movie, then time flies happy

Myth
I just about died as it was.

ragesRemorse
why would you need a TO be continued put on the end of two towers? I mean everyone knew there were three movies before the movies ever came out, the LOTR trilogy is essentially one movie. That happens to be told in seagments. The only reason the wachowski brothers added the to be continued, was to a sort of homage to the cliffhangers they watched as kids, so they said

Aku
Agreed. There was far too much missed out, and the battle sequences sucked. Mainly coz they only lasted for about 10-20 mins whether helms deep lasted 45mins.

AND THATS THE ANSWER TO THE EQUATION.

I didnt like troy or ROTK. As they both have about 4 wars in them which are short rather than films like last samurai, two towers, gladiator all had one big battle either at the beggining or the end. But it was just one big battle rather than a load clumped together which meant nothing.

Thanx Fire

smile

theone0103
First of all i think that Revolutions could have been a hell of a lot longer then 2 hours and 8 minutes because it had a bad ending cause:

it gave you the expression that it would have a lot more to the movie

That means that the movie could have been about 30 minutes-1 hour longer to explain EVERYTHING just as lord of the rings movies. Don't you think that The Wachouski's would think that Lord of the rings was a great selling movie cause it told a hell of a lot of things making it 2 hours and 58 minutes. Therefore the matrix, in my opinion was to short to tell everything. Like:

Will Zion really be saved for as long as you think? Did Neo go to heaven? Is Neo now GOD? Will he ever come back in a second life? These are the things that really make you wonder.

The matrix could have been 3 hours and 8 minutes. (dont you think that on the back of a dvd cover it would look better if it said 188 minutes rather then 128 minutes?) ((it would to me))

Lord of the rings fans are lucky they get to see more than 1 hour of extra footage in Return of the King extended edition. Making the movie at least 4 hours and 20 minutes for some Matrix fans that feel like shit because they cant see additional footage for these spectacular films.

Another thing to notice is that there was like 2 films ("Gone with the wind" and "The Godfather Part 2"wink that were longer than 3 hours. Then...Titanic came out in 1997 and was 3 hours and 14 minutes and in the past 6 years how many movies were longer than 3 hours that came out "The green Mile", "Lord of the rings:The Return of the King", Pearl Harbor", etc.

I am a Sock
Matrix Revolutions ended the way it should have. A lot of people expected a nice, happy ending with all their questions answered. Guess what? That's the point of the Matrix movies. You come up with your own answers. There was no need to drag it out any longer. ( I would have liked to seen the battel at the temple entrance, but it was ok that they didn't show it)

Crash Overload
Did You at least READ the lord of The Rings Books!?!?!?!? There was SOOO many things TTT and ROTK missed out on, like in ROTK there was supposed to be a battle against humans at the end becasue they took over the Shire.

theone0103
Yes i did read the lord of the rings books and figured out that things in the book were so much longer and there was so much more and they could have made the actual movie around 4 hours maybe like 3 hours and 57 minutes that would be a good time for an lotr movie but thats why they make extended editions.

Fellowship of the Ring

Original- 2 hours and 58 minutes

Extended- 3 hours and 28 minutes

Two Towers

Original- 2 hours 59 minutes

Extended- 3 hours 43 minutes

Return of the King

Original- 3 hours and 20 minutes

Extended- 4 hours and 25 minutes(uncertain)

As you see they can tell a lot more...If the matrix was this way it would be AWESOME!!

The Matrix

Original- 2 hours and 16 minutes

Extended(i wish)- 3 hours and 2 minutes

The Matrix Reloaded

Original- 2 hours and 18 minutes

Extended(i wish)- 3 hours and 15 minutes

The Matrix Revolutions

Original- 2 hours and 8 minutes

Extended(i wish)- 3 hours and 30 minutes

That would be awesome if the matrix was like lotr.(time wise not plot wise)

el barto
LOTR: ROFT Needed to be ALOT longer.

theone0103
TELL ME ABOUT IT. it should re-open in the theatre.

theone0103
I think that all of the lotr movies should have been a lot longer.

Shadowy_Exa
well come on people
tom bombadil had to be cut- he offers nothing to the story. they go along with the ring, see some man...well not a man lol, but seeeing as nobody knows what he is... anyway they meet him, go to his, sleep there...then back on the way again

its a waste of time- movie goers who have not read the books would think 'What the f**k?' and expect tom to re-appear all the time.

the council of elrond HAD to be shortr, nobody is going to sit through 40 pages of dialogue spoken by actors who are sitting down until the last page.

reember- alot of people havent read the books, and some book to movie scenes would bore the hell outta them

like in the prologue----they wouldnt know who gil galad was, or elendil,

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.