Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tex
Do you ever wonder what the world will look like in 1000 years?

I pretty much think that medical technology will eliminate all genetically carried diseases and defects; as well as most other diseases and cancers - organs will be farmed, head transplants will be possible allowing a life expectancy of about 450 + years.

Parents will be able to genetically engineer their child's physical characteristics.

People will alter their bodies to take on inhumanly shapes. (Wings, horns, cat eyes, etc)

Technology will merge into human flesh; built in computers/phones etc.

Mars and the moon will be colonized.

China will be the worlds Super Power.

New York City will have been destroyed and deserted. (Nuked by terrorists)

What do you think it will look like 1000 years from now?

§pearhead
to be honest...I'm pretty convinced we would have killed ourselves by then erm

lil bitchiness
You can geneticly genetily engeneer child at the present.

China will be the worlds super power at some point thumb up

I dont really know, I think if we dont destroy ourselfs by that time, i think we will have advanced a great deal.

I doubt moon will be colonized, im sure Mars will be.

lil bitchiness
I doubt diseases will be eliminated. There will always be a parasite or a bacteria that will be(or become) immune to whatever cure we invent.

I cant really think of anything right now....Damn TV and computer... it totally ruined my imagination.

Darth Revan
It'll be either like Futurama or Farenheit 451; either way, we're doomed happy

El Toro De Brah
(not being racist)

most races will be bred out due to inter-breeding.

1 country will rule over the whole world (more so than USA thinks they do at the present).

Heavy polution will ingulf the sky. Although petroleum fueled cars will be rare.

and joan rivers will still manage to host red carpet arrivals on E!.

amity75
There'll be no new music or movies coz every single idea will have been used up by then.

Clark_Kent
by then, i hope there isn't any wars and all the diseases are cured...for fun, i hope every movie and theater come with special floatin' seats. as for me, my bones WILL be nothing more than a pile of forgotten dirt no.

Myth
The world will be ruled by those damn dirty zebras.

moonwalker741
ok here r my theorys......ther pretty stupid besides 1 or 2...but hear me out

1. polar ice caps melting...nex ice age

2.we will find a cure for aids and cancer

3.non-breaking condoms will be invented....** BOO-YAH **

4.gay marrage will finally..n i meen finnally be accepted by the american society...including bush!

5.there will be aol 158.0...and aol 158.0 broadband

6.a group of curious aliens will stumble upon the vhs version of independence day and use that movies plot line to destroy earth

7.we will find a cure to make michael jackson turn black

8.jay-z will come back again! for the 100th time relasing a new album

9. or i will rule the world!

KidRock
i think the world will have definetly ended..either by natural disasters or terrorists/nukes.

El_Barto
We will kill ourselves by that point sad

Clark_Kent
i will be chillin with TED Williams, my head will float in a glass tube, when i get that Swarzengger body, then only will I see what happened..by then a little town in Cleveland will be Capital of the WORLD.

Matrix_Neo
Probably there would be technology to live longer its easy really see you need to take some medicine which slowers the division of cells...

HockeyHorror
i know exactly whats gonna happen. some idiot scientist (ironiclly) decides to create a giant PROBE type drillling machine, so he can go to the core of the earth and then we will all die.

or....

U.S.A will have economic, political powers etc etc and will become a 3rd world country

Communism will rise and we will have a Lenin jr. jr.

Russia will be one of the most powerful countries next to Uruguay (for some reason)

Australia will be the richest country, with Zimbabwe and Alaska

Atlantis will rise, and the world will change to 70 percent land and 30 percent water

Population will be double or even tripled to what it is now.

people will soon have be minor cannibals due to food supply

Chimpanzees and Anteaters will work together to take down the badgers and lenin jr jr.

and finally the Mesopotamian people will rise from the dead and destroy all other races.

*my predictions are NEVER wrong*

laughing out loud

SpikeSpiegel
Could be like in Futurama...

Dexx
hmm...well....we'll have destroyed the ozone layer, by then...and we'd have an atmosphere filled with CO2 rendering it unbreathable. So yeah....planetary colonisation sounds plausible...though conditions on earth would be the same. cities under huge transparent shields...or underground/ underwater completely.

genetical engineering is available today, let alone over 1000 years. though i foresee bad ending to engineering your own child.

cLoVi€
there will be no world.

or at least there will be no ppl no the world.

everything will be destroyed sad

Ushgarak
Just why IS KMC this hideously depressing place? Good Lord... you guys are really worrying!

I am willing to bet people would have been just as sure in 1004 that the world would have been ended by 2004, or in some other way totally screwed over.

I am willing to bet that virtually none of the negative things people have said here will happen at all. People are resilient, resistant and adaptable, and the world is tougher than we often give it credit for.

Dexx
yes, however technology nowadays offers us a greater possibility in foreseeing the future. in 1004, people would have thought the world will end perhaps by...religious reason?..apocalipse, armageddon, etc.

today...we have SOME certainties about what could terribly go wrong.

Ushgarak
Frankly, the bases most people put into their reasoning are equally ill-informed.

lil bitchiness
laughing out loud laughing out loud

Dexx
which reminds me, ush..i have documented on the topic of the discussion we had last summer on what fills the atmosphere with co2. and it did say soemthing there proving you wrong...just can't remember what...smile...guess i'll have to dig it up again...sometime

Pirate_Girly
Ill be dead in 1000 years....unless im reincarnated, but anyway, i wont see anything we have in 1000 years. Hopefully we have flying cars lol.

Ushgarak
Well, even if so, it would be a drop of water against the torrent of inaccurate things you have had to say on the subject.

End of the world hysteria has been here since the beginning of time and will continue, and despite the rise in science the common man has become no more accurate in that time when it comes to these things. It still consists of half-learnt and inaccurate facts being badly repeated in misleading ways. Probably the only fear that was- and maybe still is- relevant was nuclear weaponry, a chance that was staggeringly miniscule but at least a practical chance worth fearing.

Dexx
neah..i think you're simply an optimist stick out tongue

Matrix_man
umm...the enhanced greenhouse effect will have ensured that in 1000 years our planet is on average 50* hotter than it is right now, leading to death of most organisms, leading to further expulsion of CO2 from the remaining forests of the world, very slowly turning the earth into a venus like planet with no more life. or computers will take over and the Matrix will be created and we'll all be living there...unless we already are in the matrix...

lil bitchiness
Hah! laughing out loud Very Nice Emile.

moonwalker741
o i hav another theory

the whole plot line of the day after tommorow will happen big grin

Corran
I hope they will have found an effective stain remover for blood because none of the current ones work properly with blood, granted they are pretty good with other stains.

Gundark
Gee, Ush, the Grumpy Knight is taking an incredibly optimistic view on this topic ! *faints*

Corran, you have the most charming way about you of reducing everything to the level of dirty laundry.

I hope 3004 looks like the Jetsons. Although I think I would have had to do something about UniBlab. "Work, work, work. Everybody work. Back to work."

Matrix_Neo
The Ice caps will melt and the temparatures are going to be so high that he will die.

silver_tears
You people are all using The Day After Tomorrow as an exmaple stick out tongue

I think that if Global Warming does occur, people would gradually adapt to changes in temperatures over time.

Raventheonly
Your children will be honored to bow before my Grandchild to the 80th generation who rule over all.

Truly though has anyone plaed Total Annihilation? I bet it will be like that.
We will find a way to copy the human mind and conquer death through immortality, yet we will go crazy and duplicate ourselfs a thousand times over and try to wipe eachother out. smile

eleveninches
I doubt that there will be that much enviromental damage in the next 1000 years (global warming, ozone depletion etc,) as fossil fuels will have run out in 40 years, so there will not be any fuel with which to destroy the enviroment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.