Lead singer of Pearl Jam is a genius

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheFreedom
Hello.
Not long ago, when I decided to give Pearl Jam songs a good listen, I noticed that the lead singer (who's name escapes me) is a great song writter. A good example of great lyrics are songs like "I am Mine" and "Do The Evolution", and specially the song "Jeremy".
If this lead singer would had been a book author, he'd be recognized world wide because his writing is so deep.
"At home, drawing pictures of moutain tops, with him on top, lemon yellow sun; arms raised in a V, and the dead lay in pools of maroon below" - Jeremy

Does anyone else listen to pearl jam? and better yet, does anyone else agree with me?

If you like pearl jams song writing like I do, start paying attention to Brandon Boyd of Incubus, his lyrics are awesome, but to top his lyrics is Christopher Hall of Stabbing Westward and The Dreaming.

alic88
man i havent heard PEARL JAM at all and the only song i have heard is I AM MINE, which i believe is a totally brilliant song. the vocals r amazing, and the guitar is awesome. they rock, if u judge by this song that is

wuTa
whats that? the lead singer for pearl jam,eddie veddor, is a retard...i totally agree...no i'm just playing jeremy is a good song i just wanted to be smart ass and remind you of his name at the same time

Darth Revan
Brandon Boyd is a f*cking genius. So is Eddie Vedder. Lyrically, I think either Maynard J Keenan or Zack De La Rocha are better than the first two. Though in terms of sheer vocal quality, Brandon Boyd is one of the best, as far as rock goes.

amity75
Eddie Vedder is one of my inspirations in life. Theres a moment in the "Jeremy" video when he's looking down and then suddenly looks up directly at the camera and it's the most fckin cool thing I've ever seen. I'd give one of my testicles to have a voice like Eddie Vedder.

loserib
does anyone ever notice him mumbling through songs like on
yellow leadbetter but i do like some of their songs jeramy and their cover of last kiss are great

chimpmunkz
yer hes damn gd....................................................btw looseribslipknot suk they r a bunch of reatards who need to get a life and r acting like little kids who like to fingerpaint themselves...sound like it 2!!!

loserib
lol thats funny your talking about slipknot acting like little kids
but your the one who types like a little kid and is called chipmunkz now who sounds like a little kid also slipknot have a life you know with the new album hitting number one on billboard next week

but this thread is not about slipknot its about eddie vedder being a great vocalist/songwriter

Arachnoidfreak
Yes, Pearl Jam is f*cking awesome. It's already been said, but it bears repeating.

Alpha Centauri
Why do people say "Enter Band Name Here" IS awesome? It's not a singular item it's a collective of people. It should be, for example:

Pearl Jam ARE awesome.

Not...

Pearl Jam IS awesome.

Anyway they are.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
It's a single entity under one name, therefore it's down to personal choice.

Alpha Centauri
Nah, dumb.

-AC

Cyclops
No... unless it is a one person band, it is plurelized. That would be like me saying, "The Toronto Maple Leafs is the worst hockey team."

You cannot.. there is more then one member, there in requires the word 'are.' wink

Fearnix
no hes not his lyrics are ok nothing great

ElectricBugaloo
hey, alpha, you are an idiot. if the band's name is singular, you say it as if it is a singular entity; Pearl JAm is awesome. There is ONE Pearl Jam, not many Pearl Jams. Your way of saying it is like saying "Wal-Mart are awesome." If you are saying "Wal-Marts are awesome", then it makes sense--the subject then becomes plural.

If you want to say something plural, then you can say "The members of Pearl Jam are awesome", because the subject becomes the members (plural).

Alpha Centauri
"hey, alpha, you are an idiot. if the band's name is singular, you say it as if it is a singular entity; Pearl JAm is awesome. There is ONE Pearl Jam, not many Pearl Jams. Your way of saying it is like saying "Wal-Mart are awesome." If you are saying "Wal-Marts are awesome", then it makes sense--the subject then becomes plural.

If you want to say something plural, then you can say "The members of Pearl Jam are awesome", because the subject becomes the members (plural)."

A) I'm not an idiot.

B) Even if I were wrong in my saying that it wouldn't be said "is". The correct way is personal choice. As Vic pointed out. Both are acceptable. So before you call me an idiot, less haste.

You can easily say Wal-Mart are awesome. As in an awesome company, collective. You couldn't say (provided I am the only one with this sign in name) "Alpha Centauri are awesome".

-AC

ElectricBugaloo
it's not a personal choice, there is something called grammar...or i guess in your world, i could say "there are something called grammar" because grammar is made up of many rules.

Alpha Centauri
Well you believe it should be said "is" which is correct if you refer to the band as a singular. Under their one name.

If you say it while implying they are a collective, you would use "are".

Coz they can be referred to as both.

Wal-Mart cannot be referred to with "is" because there isn't one of them. There are many.

Pearl Jam perform under one name but are a collective so it works both ways. Yes, yes it does.

-AC

ElectricBugaloo
When you say "Pearl Jam" then you know you are talking about the whole band--saying is (which is correct) or are (which is incorrect) doesn't change the fact. If you want to say "3/4 of PEarl Jam is awesome" then you wouyd use "are
. If it was, say, The Beatles (which, I might explain to you since you don't get basic grammar, is plural), then you would always use "are" "The Beatles is awesome" is only acceptable if you are a black comedian making fun of the way other black people speak.

ElectricBugaloo
someone just came up with a great example:

the population is kind.

rather than

the population are kind.

despite the fact that population represents a large group of people.

Victor Von Doom
Well despite that, it is personal choice.

It depends whether to you, Pearl Jam is a single unit, in which case Pearl Jam is great, or whether to you the name Pearl Jam is a collective term for the members, ie Pearl Jam are great.

Kaleanae
I love Eddie Vedder's voice and lyrics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.