Reincarnation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Storm
People have always wondered what if anything lies beyond the grave. Is death the end of existence, an entry into eternity or an intermission between earthly lives?

Reincarnation offers hope to many. If we don't get it right in this life, we have another chance the next time around. Yet, even those who believe in reincarnation admit that the vast majority of humans do not remember their previous lives. How can we learn from our past mistakes if we cannot remember them? We seem to make the same mistakes over and over again. Given the moral failure rate of human history, do we have any reason to hope that we will get it right in a future lifetime?

Can reincarnation realistically offer hope and a sense of justice to a troubled world? And what comfort does it offer regarding the nagging problem of death?

Fire
maybe we learn from it on a subcontinous level ?

lil bitchiness
Storm, why didnt you post this in Philosophy forum confused

This is one of the great philosophical question everyone, from Stoics to Sceptics have adressed.

I personaly am a great believer in reincarnation. I believe in Karma, therefore i believe in reincarnation. My belief is that there is no such a thing as Hell, and if there is, then we are in it right now, as the whole life is suffering, birth is suffering, death is suffering, illnes is suffering, not having what you want is suffering, being separated from what you love is sufering, working every day of your life for a moment of happyness, is suffering, dying of our loved ones is suffering....we all endure these things...all of us do. I believe we are reborn over and over again.

yerssot
offer hope? it's what keeps some people going in India ... to get a better life in the next one
would be fun of course if you can keep getting reincarnation: N.E.R.D.: No one Ever Really Dies big grin

rusky
laughing out loud

Seriosly though... I'm a fully pledged supporter of this idea... I can only hope it's true as well big grin

Dexx
bleh....we'll never find out, now will we?..alive anyway smile
funny you should psot this, storm....just the other day i saw a news about a lady that could swear her son was reincarnated in her dog...because the freakin mut could actually say 'mama' (and he really could, to my surprise....freak of nature stick out tongue ). the whole thing seemed ridiculous....irrelevant, though.
i don't believe in reincarnation...not withour proof anyway stick out tongue.

lil bitchiness
I read somwhere, few cases of people thinking that their family member reincarnated into an animal of some kind confused

Darth Revan
I believe in reincarnation. Call me crazy but... I swear my old dog is reincarnated in my horse...

lil bitchiness
The soul of your dog (or whoever he/she was before being a dog) must have been horrible in his/her privious life...to be a dog than a horse sad

Darth Revan
Well actually he's pretty well off for a horse... But yeah you're right yes

Neo_Version 7
You're never gonna believe this. have you heard about some guy who married a Barbie doll thinking it was his deceased wife reincarnated?

Funny stuff, huh?

lil bitchiness
blink Someone can reincarnate only into something living though.

rusky
What the f**k? THAT'S stupid...

Dexx
yeah..well...people do lots of stuff with inflated dolls wink...barbie or not stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
blink I didnt need that visual! laughing out loud

Anyway, I think Buddhist idea of reincarnation and life is super cool!big grin

BackFire
I think if anything happens when we're dead, it's reincarnation. But, I still don't really believe in it.

Jury Copeland
I just couldn't believe in REINCARNATION. no

Simply because... it's very nonsense.
I still believe in the Bible. cool
..coz it has the answer on what happens to a person when he dies...
...and that is not definitely reincarnation. There's no such thing in the Bible. cool

Evy_O
I do not believe in reincarnation messed though I dunno if we'll ever find out eek!

KidRock
lol you say reincarnation is simply nonsence

becuase the bible says so laughing lol the bible is nonsence

Baylin
I believe in reincarnation - I was a really bad dog in my past life and have been sent to pay by being brought back as a human!

Seriously though doesnt it freak you out when someone goes under regresive hypnosis and starts spouting off about things they used to do in a previous life?

Fire
well in the end of the reincarnation cycle you normaly reincarnate as a spirit

Storm
The practice of reaching past lives through hypnosis is controversial, primarily because hypnosis is not a reliable tool. Hypnosis can certainly help reach the unconscious mind but the information found there is not reliable as truth. It has been shown that the practice can create false memories.

Melani
well according to my parents they think i am Reincarnated of my dads twin brother he did by getting hit by a car a long time aho. My dad says i walk like him and wen they were little he like the 3 stars in the constalation "orians belt" and i have thoes as freakels on my arm they are in the EXACT same position on my arm as they are in the sky.. hehe call me crazy stick out tongue I believe it though

fini
of course i beleive in reincarnation ( me hindu).

but i dont see it as a way to offer hope to people. People waste their lives too much these days so they need to think that there is more after life so they can "make amends" for what they didn't do.

i dont think that is how it works. ( but then again how do WE KNOW) We have to live our lives as well as possible, since reincarnation is simply the continuation of the existance of out soul. OUr soul is energy and by the law of physics, energy cannot be created nor destroyed.

And the think of recently deceased people being reincarnated into someone else doesn't make sence. THe sould needs to travel and rest before it can take residence in another body .

Dog_Noble
hi hope this works im new here and have no idea how to use this function but anyway lol...

does anyone here know what their reincarnated from?
i have found out through a series of events that i am a reincarnation of Queen victorias fav. dog Noble. call me crazy if u wish i dont care...

Dog_Noble
hey baylin i am reincarnated from a dog also! but i don't think i was a bad 1...my name was Noble i belonged to queen victoria when she lived in osborne house in the isle of wight i was her fav dog and when i went there it was such a shock i knew the place inside out like the back of my hand it's amazing how much i know about my old life lol and i kinda miss it do you miss being a dog sometimes???

Dog_Noble
i have orions belt on the top of my left arm too melani big grin

§nakehead
Of course I believe in reincartation. I used to be a dung beatle.

Dog_Noble
well it's posible ^^

Darth Revan
I believe in reincarnation, it seems like the most logical "afterlife" idea to me. Course it also helps that I'm partially Buddhist stick out tongue

However, some people take it waaaay too seriously. Like this lady I know who believes her horse is a reincarnation of her ex-husband. Who's still alive. blink

Yesterdays Gone
i think that reincarnation can mean different things to different people. to some people it offers a sense of hope and promise in the future to have a second chance. if people can't recall things from their past life then how are they capable of changing events for the good? although i agree and supposed the idea of reincarnation due to the fact that souls don't just disappear, this one question has always bugged me.

Yesterdays Gone
oops, SUPPORT** my bad

§nakehead
I was also a hamster that was abused by an evil seven year old.

Dog_Noble
nice i saw that on page 1. how much do u remember about being a hampster?

Jackie Malfoy
So far I looked and did not see this it said it was not found.So I wanted to ask you guys do you belive that it is real?
My sister said that people go back as something else when they die and yet they had no idea about there other life!Anyone have any thoughts on this?JM confused

Syren
Nope. I think we die dead big grin

Evy_O
don't believe in it thumb down

Emma718
My mum believes it, when we come back we don't remember anything from our past lifes

Darth Revan
We die, and we're dead, and that's it. End of story. What I think anyways thumb up

Turbo-Cajun
I think the idea of reincarnation is spawned out of a natural fear we have of dying. People don't want to die, so they make up crazy shit that helps them cope with it. Some make up heaven, others make up reincarnation, others have ideas of some kind of spirit world where we go to... When we die, we die... we go away. After death you cease to exist as an individual... you are just a memory. Thats why you have to live this life to its fullest and enjoy it, make this world a better one... dont be thinking you have a second chance to make things right when you probably wont.

Syren
I believed in reincarnation when I went through my Mary Jane phase..... but it took me being all floaty and high to believe that shit. I'm rather more 'normal' now and definitely inclined to believe that once we die, it's over. And by the time I snuff it I'll probably be appreciative of that fact wink

Mr Zero
I barely remember the life I'm leading now. I can't even remember what I had for breakfast yesterday.

If we come back - but don't remember anything: Then how is that any different from soul-death. What is it that makes us "us" and defines us?

If you consider how you think as the thing that makes up who you are (the illusion of consciousness) and that "Me" is lost when you came back... whats the point of the debate? A different body that has different thoughts could no more be me than the person sitting next to me right now.

Sonny Wartzi
i dont belive in reincarnation no

finti
strange thing though most people who claimed to have lived before always happen to have been famous people confused eek!

Syren
Throw the 'changing time' debate into that equation and you could find yourself sitting next to, well, yourself confused

Alpha Centauri
I believe in the "With every death there's a life" theory.

Every now and then you get 6 year olds with insane musical ability or super mathematical genius for their ages.

I don't believe that's coz they have great teachers....

I think that it's possible that when a life is ended, it is continuing, recycled (for lack of a better term) in a new born life. Life doing what humans cannot do, pass on what we should so that our young ones can become better human beings.

I believe we are eternal beings and provided the earth is still here, our human race will become recycled by life so much that we will eventually reach a perfect, harmonic race of beings.

-AC

Syren
No, it's because they are born with intellectual capabilities, not because they have leftovers from Einstein's brain in theirs confused

Alpha Centauri
I was born with intellectual capabilities, I aced every test I ever took.

I couldn't do that at 4 though. I couldn't name every city in the world and it's president at 4 years old. I couldn't do extremely complex mathematical equations in my nursery years.

Mozart wrote symphonies in single digit years of his life.

Intellectual capabilities and unexplainable intellectual ability are two different things.

And please don't try to demean my theory by saying "they don't have leftovers of Einstein's brains." The theory is alot more complex than that.

-AC

Syren
I wasn't trying to demean anything, far from it. I simply didn't understand your theory erm

This is probably the one and only time I have happened NOT to agree with you, for reasons other than what you consider my trying to make you look bad, and you immediately pick up on it no

Alpha Centauri
Wouldn't it have been better to ask what I meant rather than make that comment? Either way, I like you so I wont make a major fuss.

Part of the fun is that we can never know what lies beyond death, even if it's nothing, until we get there. That's the problem, all the theories about death are made by those still alive. I have no idea how my theory would work technically, I'm just saying that would be a very very amazing possibility. One that I believe is more possible than most other theories. I think it's more sensible to accept that, in all infinity and eternity, there is something else meant for us rather than assuming we live and die.

Maybe I'm an optimist. However I don't like the idea that I lived my life in the mudball, murderous, disintegrating society we live in today, just to grow old and die. I'd like to think I'll be somewhat rewarded for at least trying to become some kind of a decent human being while I was here.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
If everyone thought the way you do, we wouldn't be living in a mudball. The reward we have is here. It's earth, and our lives. If everyone chose to be a decent human being, we'd have the utopia you are looking for here, now. But such isn't the case. Instead, what we have sucks, and we yearn for something better.

Alpha Centauri
Bill Hicks said it best:

"If we spent the trillions of dollars used to fund weapons each year to instead feed and take care of the people of the world, which it would do many times over without excluding one human being, we could end war and suffering and explore space together as the peaceful and genuinely intelligent race we are meant to be."

An answer so simple it will never happen.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
I don't think I've ever heard of Bill Hicks, but I agree anyway. *insert appropriate smilie here*

Alpha Centauri
Check out some of his stuff. Downloadable anywhere I should imagine. I have one of his albums I can send you some pieces off also.

-AC

Syren
That's an amazing concept. I'd love to be able to believe that AC, but perhaps I am the pessimist, or realist, whichever stick out tongue

I do think that we have a valid reason for living the life we have, and that is procreation. Isn't that reason enough?

Alpha Centauri
Yeah but then that would make God a bit of a pervert. Creating us just to have sex haha.

-AC

Tex
If reincarnation were true, the population would not increase.

Its another fantastical belief, like heaven, that people make up to help cope with idea of dying.

Alpha Centauri
I don't believe it's dead exact Death=A life. Hence no population stability. Just saying my theory.

I am completely at peace with my inevitable death because I am no longer afraid of it. Because of the simple fact that I don't believe, in all that is, that death is the final sleep. Just the final awakening.

If not, I'll never know. What have you got to lose by believing there is more out there?

-AC

Syren
Nothing I suppose, because once you die if there really isn't anything out there you'll be none the wiser, and if you do come back you won't recall your theories erm Pointless ponderings really.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah but you can't really say if you do come back you wont recall this or that, unless it happens. People have memories of past lives.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
or... "hallucinations"

Alpha Centauri
There-in lies the fun.

Only those people know, or do they? No one does. It's fun to speculate. I just don't see where people find enjoyment or even contentment in believing they are years away from just dying for nothing.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
See, there's the problem. People focus too much on the death. They see what's at the end as the reward. It makes sense, we run a race, we get a reward after we're done. Logical.

BUT, for some people, actually running the race is the most important part. Not the reward. It's not about thinking you're going to die without reward, but thinking about what you can do while you're still alive.

More on that in the "Meaning of Life" thread.

Alpha Centauri
I agree, just enjoy contemplating things like that is all.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
Oh yea, daydreaming/contemplation. My favorite pasttime.

Chris87
I beleive we are something after death without a mind. We are made of matter which was here since the beggining of time and will probably be here until the end. Since it cannot be destroyed. We'll be dirt or part of a tree or something of the sort. But we will never be the same being as we will not have the same mind which makes us who we are. I guess we will have to wait and see though.

finti
yeah a dead corpse

Chris87
BUt Finti the energy is still there which is something. Or am I wrong and matter is actually nothing at all.

finti
dead corpse thats all

Chris87
But everything changes Finti. A Corpes to dirt, dirt to a plant as food, etc etc........... So who says we don't end up as something else if only our energy.

finti
corpse to ashes, not gonna rot in the ground

Syren
Holy crap, my sentiments exactly! clapping Enjoy the duration, not the end result.

Cipher
No. I remember hearing on a show about this that skeptics pointed out the fact that there are more people alive now than have ever died. Some might say that not everyone needs to be reincarnated, that they did what they were supposed to do. I just find it too far-fetched, myself.....

Alpha Centauri
Maybe whole souls/spirits/lives aren't reincarnated, just aspects from each that will make a positive contribution to a blank canvas that is essentially new life.

-AC

baddspellahl4
I do believe in reincarnation

Aleera1138
Reincarnation?

I believe in it. Where do you think the French Term "Deja Vu" comes from. Those who do not believe in it, I respect all opinions and your beliefs. Keep in mind that their are ones who do...I have heard all about "Oh, I was Cleopatra in my past life." That is old

Personally, I feel I was just a warrior in one time and a commoner/Peasant in another time and place as my past lives. LOL No one famous, but even now when I see certain places, things or even people I know, It is like I have seen them before in another time and place.

There are a lot of good books out there and online resources if one wants to know more about Reincarnation. smile

AdventChild
I don't believe in being reincarnated and not remembering your past life, because if we are reincarnated and don't remember your past life then what is the point of being reincarnated..
I do believe though that we have an after life, I'm a Roman Catholic if it is true that we (human) were created by a tiny Little cell from space, then were did that cell come from, and were did that come from? We will never know how man or earth really was created so we set a goal in our minds to believe in a certain thing and study and build off that, that is why i believe that we have an after life, that the life we are living now is just a test to see were we set in the real thing , meaning in we go to Heaven or Hell. (this is a 702 letter response!)

Fire
I don't really believe in it bt it could be true. If it is true however I do not think that we can remember our past lives

Napalm
same here

Jury
I don't believe in Reincarnation. It is unscriptural and the idea is against the words of God written in the Bible.

Bardock42
What do you mean with unscriptual.
And what makes god more belivable then reincarnation?

peterKSL
I think you people are just too selfish of yourself to think about reincarnation....... just die when you get old $#%^...j.k.

don't think about it... just live your life meaningfully....

Bardock42
Oh I don't belive in it I am just saying it is as possible as god.

Jury
Unscriptural means unbiblical.

As a Christian, the answer for the second question is simply the Bible.

smile

Bardock42
Oh holy god what the ****ing ****.
Ok let me rephrase, what makes the bible more believable than indian scriptures of reincarnation or any other book were someone says he knows the meaning of life?

Bardock42
And unscriptual doesn'T mean unbiblical but not written down at least in my dictonary.

BackFire
I'm an athiest, so no I don't believe in it.

However, I think it makes much more sense then just going to a place up in the clouds when we die.

Jury
Like what I said... As a Christian... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jury
The Scriptures is also the Bible.
So unscriptural is unbiblical. roll eyes (sarcastic)

smile

A4E
wait so u guys dont beliee in the dalai lama?!?! nono lol

no i dont believe in reincarnation stick out tongue

fini
Uh, has anyone here , who is bashing the idea of reincarnation, actually researched why some cultures believe in reincarnation??? Cause SOME of you look like u have not.

I believe in Reincarnation and as a Hindu i understand it. And as a physicist it makes some sence. Reincarnation is SIMPLY the transfer of energy. When you die, your soul leaves your body, thus leaving it vacant , an empty shell. In hinduism we believe that the soul will go through some sort of " judgement" according to activities done. ( ever heard of KARMA?) There is a version of Heaven for us, and there is a version of hell( no not the burning Biblical kind). So a soul can achieve ultimate "moksh" or enlightenment and never have to inhabit a body ever again.

And You CHRISTIANS out there, just because its not in the Bible DOES NOT MAKE IT WRONG. Reincarnation is a staple of the Hindu religion , which is thousands of years old. So dont go insulting other people just because some " Prejudiced man INTERPRETED the word of " god" and wrote in it a book for everyone to believe."

clickclick
What you described sounds similar to Buddhism. Im curious though as to how you would define a soul. Is it something physical? Is there of evidence that it exists? Do insects have souls?

What is in the bible however, is that people will only have one life on earth (Im pretty sure it says that).

clickclick
I would ask you how it makes much more sense to you but instead ill just ask which religion you are talking about when you refer to "a place up in the clouds".

Certainly you cant be talking about christianity, so which Religion is it?

finti
its mocking christianity for their very much common answer to the childrens questions of "where is heaven"

Soul Taker
Do you belive in reincarnation? Im just wondering becuase if we were to be reincarnated in different life time or so would we remember it? or never knew about our past life and if so what was the point in being reincarnated?

Cinemaddiction
Not I.

Philosophicus
I believe in reincarnation because there are cockroaches on earth - God reincarnated into a cockroach because he was punnished for having been such a lowsy god, causing all the suffering in the world by abusing his power! ha-ha!...............

Arena Host
Reincarnation can happen without death.

Philosophicus
Reincarnation is a ridiculous idea. Can anyone define what exactly reincarnation means, why you think it is possible(if you think it is) and what the reason behind it is?

RavenNightstar
I believe in reincarnation, and I don't see how believing in that is any more ridiculous than believing in Heaven & Hell.

The truth is, we cannot prove anything, and therefore, we have no right to discourage others of believing what they want. So please forgive me to have said that believing in Heaven & Hell is ridiculous. If you believe that, I am happy you have faith in something.

Arena Host is right, however. Reincarnation can happen without death. Naturally, death is usually the first step into reincarnation, but not always.

Arena Host
Reincarnation is the transfer of your soul into another body. If you don't believe me, look it up.

Cinemaddiction
If God were ever a person, you may have been onto something.

Jackie Malfoy
My sister believes in it.But I don't but there are some questions that I have abot it.Don't you ever have a feeling that you met someone along time ago?But yu don't the person?Or that you feel that you where you are that yuo been there before?But know that yu have not?
This raises some questions on maybe in my past life I had met this person or been in this place but can't remember.JM

lil bitchiness
merging...

Jury
As a Christian, I don't believe in Reincarnation. It's not because it is not written in the Bible. As what I said earlier, the idea of "taking a different or another form of life after death" is against what the Bible says concerning "the dead".

smile

Afro Cheese
I don't believe in it.

A4E
i dont really know what to believe its sounds pretty crazy but crazy things do happen messed

s|m
reincarnation seems more logical to me, than being sent to heaven or hell erm
Since life practically consists of energy, for example, every living thing has an aura around it, when you die, that energy must go somewhere, right erm?
My thought is this: when you die, that energy (the soul), spreads; so, "you" can reincarnate to lets say, 5 different places, no longer as an individual, because the population keeps on growing.
Maybe this whole thing doesn't make sence erm
Oh well, what do i kno? Sh*t happens no expression

Angie79
Same here. no expression

But personally, I don't believe in reincarnation. To me, dead is dead. There's no eternity in heaven/hell or in some reincarnated form on earth or whatever. It stops after this life, IMO.

s|m
i say we should wait and see stick out tongue

Ketchuptome
Do u guys think recarnation is real.....Or even possible???

A4E
nope...

debbiejo
Many people do think so...I don't know. My mother thinks so.

BlackC@t
I do, and I think if we truely believe in it, we get to pick who we want to become in our next life.

I'm guessing in my past life I was skeptical...
If you know what I mean...

lil bitchiness
This is more suited the religion forum.

Moving.

And as a record - yes, i strongly believe in reincarnation.

Lydia_J
I dont know whether I believe in reincarnation, when I hear some stories about people who remeber past lives and everything it is hard to belive that it isnt real.

Reborn Again
Anything is probable.

Alpha Centauri
I used to be an alligator.

-AC

jackwhite33
Could it be that the first beings are inside us? That when we die we are put into another body, and live again? The process may go over and over. For all of time?

Superfly4000
anything is possible. the technicalities of the whole reincarnaition thing do run kind of deep though. buts its no less reasonable then a golden kingdom in the sky so why not.

kmcdude
Doubt it

T.V.O.T.I.
Originally posted by Storm
People have always wondered what if anything lies beyond the grave. Is death the end of existence, an entry into eternity or an intermission between earthly lives?

Reincarnation offers hope to many. If we don't get it right in this life, we have another chance the next time around. Yet, even those who believe in reincarnation admit that the vast majority of humans do not remember their previous lives. How can we learn from our past mistakes if we cannot remember them? We seem to make the same mistakes over and over again. Given the moral failure rate of human history, do we have any reason to hope that we will get it right in a future lifetime?

Can reincarnation realistically offer hope and a sense of justice to a troubled world? And what comfort does it offer regarding the nagging problem of death?
I have always felt that I would feel more comfy if I had been born in the 16th century. I have visions/thoughts/memories that could span a lifetime. I have only felt one strong connection to someone. Ironic that she feels that same way I do about the 16th century. Between us is a love that cannot be defined by words (believe me I have tried) and to me there has to be a reason why. I have heard that love is eternal and maybe thats not true, but it is possible. There are things I feel and know not because of some psychic vision, but because I know them to be true in my heart. I'll admit I do get the occasional preminition (that comes true), but to me that just a hightened awareness of whats probably gonna happen.

Laurie
Originally posted by BackFire
I'm an athiest, so no I don't believe in it.

The one doesn't have to equate with the other!

I posted this in Philosophy forum some weeks ago.

T.V.O.T.I.
Whoa! That's crazy. The similarities I mean. lol I didn't think anyone could possibly undertsand where I was coming from, but I guess you know better than anyone. lol

Laurie
Originally posted by T.V.O.T.I.
Whoa! That's crazy. The similarities I mean. lol I didn't think anyone could possibly undertsand where I was coming from, but I guess you know better than anyone. lol

lol But I wish I did understand it! I've never really bothered to delve into it too much...just trying to make sense of the disjointed memories gives me a headache... confused

T.V.O.T.I.
Originally posted by Laurie
lol But I wish I did understand it! I've never really bothered to delve into it too much...just trying to make sense of the disjointed memories gives me a headache... confused
I spend a lot of time thinking and questioning things. I have only really shared my beliefs/philosophies with a select few. I guess I don't want the world thinking I'm a loon when I am already perceived as weird and random. lol

Laurie
I spend a lot of time thinking and questioning things. I have only really shared my beliefs/philosophies with a select few. I guess I don't want the world thinking I'm a loon when I am already perceived as weird and random. lol

Weird and random is cool...everyone is unique, but no less valid as members of the human race...

Thinking and questioning are intellectual puruits, and cancel out being viewed as a 'loon,' whatever your style or conventions...

Furthermore...when the 'world and his wife' pay your mortgage etc...that would be a good time to worry about what they think...until then, stay as random, weird and unique as you are. smile

T.V.O.T.I.
Originally posted by Laurie
Weird and random is cool...everyone is unique, but no less valid as members of the human race...

Thinking and questioning are intellectual puruits, and cancel out being viewed as a 'loon,' whatever your style or conventions...

Furthermore...when the 'world and his wife' pay your mortgage etc...that would be a good time to worry about what they think...until then, stay as random, weird and unique as you are. smile
no doubt. wink

Getting back to the topic...I was just thinking that people die and are reincarnated all the time in the proverbial sense.

Anyways, I feel that everything is connected in someway. Which means that we are connected to certain experiences of things lifetimes ago. With Annie* our bond transcends time/distance. I can feel when she's hurt even when we are miles apart. When I was "reminded of her love" (thats what I call it) it felt I like I had loved her always. I spent a great deal of my life searching for what I had/have with her. It felt like a memory that laid dormant. The Notebook is good reference to certain aspects of our relationship. Gawd I need to stay on topic.

The 16th century has a calming effect on my soul. Lush green land is so beautiful to me. I often find myself reminiscing looking out at the horizon of a place I have never been and yet it feels so familiar.

I can totally see myself picking up a sword before a gun. I find myself following the path that would lead me to be a great warrior only then to be come an old wise man.

I better stop. I prolly sound a like a kook messed

Laurie

Anyways, I feel that everything is connected in someway. Which means that we are connected to certain experiences of things lifetimes ago.

I don't doubt it for a second.

I have just such an affinity with an uncle of mine, though in a mentor and great friendship capacity...whereas, a cousin I remember from a least two past lives, and I, still have issues to resolve.

That's exactly the feeling.

Yes, intangible...yet hauntingly familiar...

T.V.O.T.I.
So Laurie in your own words what is your take on the whole situation? I would love to hear your thoughts/views uncensored. smile

Laurie
So Laurie in your own words what is your take on the whole situation? I would love to hear your thoughts/views uncensored. smile

Well, I have lived with these memories all my life...naturally I believe that I have lived several times before. I have no memories of being anyone of Historical importance, and in a couple of cases have found myself to have been desperately poor. In this lifetime I have had a memory of being a child of around the age of 8/9, and watching in wonder and awe, a total eclipse...I was born in 1975, and with a Father from Memphis, and my Mother from England, though we shuttled backwards and forwards between the two countries, localitywise this was something I could not have witnessed in this lifetime.

I can only speak for my own personal views on the subject of reincarnation. I believe that I have lived before; I don't think about the past too much...I have had a somewhat priviledged life this time around...with wonderful parents, both in the medical field; I am comfortably established at the present time, especially in my career, and have been fortunate enough to have suffered only one great stressful trauma to date. I believe that one shouldn't look back, or dwell in the past...I think we have things to accomplish in each lifetime...they may not necessarily have to be significant or great; I believe, (from a paranormal experience that happened to me during my teens) that we each decide, before birth, our goals and aims in the present life. I don't believe in God, Satan, Hell, Ghosts, demons or final damnation for misdeeds. I do not adhere to any religion. I just am 'me' living a law-abiding and happy life this time around.

smile

Laurie
However...Santa and the tooth Fairy DO exist, and I'll fight anyone who says they don't... big grin

markie
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
You're never gonna believe this. have you heard about some guy who married a Barbie doll thinking it was his deceased wife reincarnated?

Funny stuff, huh? People aren't supposed to reincarnate into inanimate objects. I'm sure that was a joke or maybe he married a blow up doll laughing out loud

debbiejo
blink Barbie Doll?

crazylozer
I don't believe in Reincarnation because I don't want to.

Imagine if you will the consequences of having previous lives. Not everything that you've done in life is wonderful, and humans in their very nature do wrong. Emotion is part of life, and good comes with bad. If you were say, Beethoven in a past life, you'd have plenty to feel good about, and that's fine. But if you were a murderer, or a criminal, or anything like that, would and should you feel guilty about what you did? That's who you were, you aren't that person, but your soul, the essence of who you are, did kill.

Or if you were religious, what if you had been a believer in a different faith, or been one not at all? Would that change you, make you believe in other things? Belief is part of who you are, but who you were is different...

Or if you had someone you loved, your soulmate, how possible is it to find that person again. Relying on karma may not be enough. People go through their whole lives looking for love, and never find it. But to remember what it felt like, but know that you may go through forever never feeling it again really makes you question the saying "It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all"...

What I'm trying to say is that the idea of Reincarnation scares me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.