fav left out parts in book.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sauron
this is for history of middle earth readers stick out tongue

what part do you wish tolkien had kept
from his early versions of lotr-the the final
what did he change that you wish he hadnt.

mine would have to be frodo driving the 'wizard' king into the flames of mt doom

Cynethryth
I wish he had kept the idea that Glorfindel could have told the Fellowship of his past in Gondolin big grin wonderful idea... sad that he dropped it sad

Agent Elrond
that would confirm that the Glorfindel in the Sil was the same in LotR

Cynethryth
It does wink

That's why I'd love to have the part in the final version, too big grin

Agent Elrond
i got to read the HoME. there's alot of info that I want to learn

Extol
The whole Palantir chapter. Discussion between Theoden and Sauraman. That was awesome! I thought Theoden would fall to Sauraman's trick again.

pip-foot
I need to read those...on my list after lost tales and silmarillion

Discos
that is one book I aint read, I am going to read the trilogy again and maybe sway towards the hobbit.....so expect me toreply tothis thread in say just unber amonth

Agent Elrond
There are four history books on the WotR, 4 for the WotJ and 4 books of tales, ppl and places.

Discos
history of middle earh i will need to purchase soon enough, dont have it just now, if I buy it and leave it in the arda shelf roll eyes (sarcastic) then it will modivate me to read it in due time

Agent Elrond
It'll cost a bit for each book. Expect to pay 240 bucks for the whole set, maybe more with tax and s&h

Discos
jeepers,

what about the 4 books?

Discos

Agent Elrond
$80, maybe assuming it's $20 a book. It might be less if u buy in bulk

Discos
ah, well in that case it wont be till after summer till i buy part 1 for starters

Cynethryth

Discos

Cynethryth
Strange;
Which edition is that? (Amazon doesn't work on my PC)
Probably the one whose cover is just in one colour, without any cover illustration by Howe? If yes... that's a collection of 4 HoME-volumes smile

Discos
I have no idea, I will look later I dont have the motivation to have a look roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cynethryth
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lol

I just remembered that I still havent completely read most of the HoMEs embarrasment only single stories out of them... and nearly none that had anything to do with LoTR embarrasment embarrasment

Discos
its not the end of the void roll eyes (sarcastic)

but seriously, we have a lifetime or an "age" to read them smile

Sauron

Discos
whoa.....Sunderland must be confused good

Sauron
the team arent

DIVISION ONE AND PROUD!

not like those scummy crystal palace

Discos
now lets go back and see who made the final playoffs....

Discos - *thinking....thinking...thinking*

ladygrim
i think i am gonna stat the obvious here but they shuld of missed the ending of rotk cuz it would of been beta with the proper ending... and i know its

Discos
as it has been discussed they surely couldn't of made the scouring of the shire....on film that is

it would of been great to see the power of the hobbits against Saruman, or "sharkey" big grin

muse5
sorry guys, i misread the first post, and put an irrelevant answer up... my bad, i haven't read history of middle earth, yet, the books are all really expensive, i would take them out of the library, but.... i have a 5 dollar fine on my card because i forgot to return a book, so i'm kind of afraid to go back there, cranky librarians!!!

Cynethryth
confused confused

*reads the last few posts* -- last few posts except for the last post big grin

Wasn't this a thread about... parts left out in the books? Original ideas Tolkien didnt use?

muse5
i think so... i don't know

Discos
yes it was Cyn,

it ended up turning into how expensive the books were

Sauron
and then onto the fixtures of the division one play off finals

how the hell did we get to that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.