Shelob's poison stab

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord_Andres
How come Frodo got poised when shelob stabed him? he was wearing his mithril shirt

Agent Elrond
I'm wondering if in the book, Frodo was bitten since spiders don't sting, they bite.
That is a good point (no pun intended lol) I can't explain it

Róisín
In the book, he gets staded in the back of the neck from what i can remember..... his mithril shirt doesnt cover the back of his neck!

§pearhead
that doesn't explain the movie though...maybe it slipped through the links? doubtful.

Discos
he doesnt get stinged to from what i can recall in the books,

best person to ask would be Cyn/Exa

Hey Lord andres, long time no see

Discos - its a good question though

pip-foot
yesh...but the movie messes lots of stuff up....

I do think that it was his neck that got bit!!!

Spiders can sting in middle earth, they are fantasy so they can do anything they want yes

Thorondor
he gets stung in the back of the shoulder in the book and in the film its just above his mithril

Discos
above his methril, it looked liked below it

Thorondor
look when he is in cirith ungol you can see the mark

pip-foot
how? you never see his back in cirith ungol? just hte cave troll and nazgul marks on his front...

Thorondor
read it more carefully stick out tongue

in the book its the back....in the film its the front

pip-foot
no, in the film, he got stabbed in the back!!! I know!! I just watched it 4 times in the past 4 days !!

pip-foot
in the book he got stabbedo n the shoulder i belive, and in teh moive it was in the middle/upper back!!!!

Thorondor
no its not!

stabby thing comes down frodo facing the other way, frodo turns round and down it comes and stab. go watch again stick out tongue

pip-foot
He was looking the other way, then Shelob came from above and stabbed him in the back!!!!! you go watch again!!! stick out tongue

Thorondor
omg that is not what happened....the shelob makes a noise which frodo turns round and then her thing comes down then he turns round again and she gets him in the right shoulder.

pip-foot
she does not stab him twice!!!!!

ANd i know she stabbed him from behind.

*coughisstubbornandevenifsheknowthorisrightshewill
notstoparguingcough*

Thorondor
i didnt say she stabbed him twice

and you obviously don't know because you are wrong stick out tongue

go watch it right now.

shadowy_blue
Sorry...pip-foot..sad But I'll side with Thor here..In the movie..Frodo really did turn around when he was hearing some noises...but while we as audience were already seeing Shelob's head sneaking in so that she could sting Frodo already...(while we were saying.."OMG!! Frodo..turn around..turn around!! WATCH OUT!!!!)...Frodo indeed turned around to see Shelob...but it was too late..and Shelob stung him...IN FRONT. Above the mithril territory of protection...(if there's such a location..stick out tongue ) But you know what I mean..stick out tongue

Agent Elrond
yeah, Frodo briefly saw Shelob b/f he was stabbed

ilvorlandobloom
hey, maybe in the movie he took off the mithril cuz it was too heavy?? b/c of the ring? maybe?

pip-foot
sad I know i am wrong, but i hates being wrong and i loves arguing

I cant...at my dads office...

i dont like the Shelob scene anyways...i usually fastforward it so i have time to watch the good scenes with Pip and merry and aragron over and over and over again stick out tongue

YEah1!!!! shadowy is on :eek eek! eek! big grin

Agent Elrond
not likely. he wasn't carrying anything and besides it's light

Thorondor
NYAH!

yeah you heard me NYAH!!! stick out tongue

pip-foot
stick out tongue meanie Thor!!!!!

I don't care. In my world he got stabbed from behind and you blew up and died so i am always right stick out tongue

*pulls out take over of KMC plans she made with Kit...remembers just how to get rid of THor shifty*

Thorondor
Mwuahahaha bring it

pip-foot
but then everyone would know the secret plan and Kit and i could no longer take over...

Thorondor
then nyah i say, NYAH!!!!

ilvorlandobloom
ok... confused

pip-foot
stick out tongue and i say CURSE YOU stick out tongue

and tie you on top of a mountain with a nazgul ripping your insides out every hour, and an eagle coming to save you, but turning away right before it gets to you!

And that is just a TASTE of what is in the great and terrible plan of evil!!!1 Mwahhhhhahhh

ilvorlandobloom
whoa, who r u saying that to?

Thorondor
ooooooh ropes stick out tongue you kinky little laughing j/k

i care not what you do stick out tongue

pain is temperary, pride is forever.

pip-foot
Thor!!!

I have nothing against you ilvorlando bloom....

pip-foot
lol laughing That one was mostly Kit's idea, but i added the nazgul part.... stick out tongue

pip-foot
the pride you shall no longer have because all the KMC members (who are not being punished) are riding on the eagles and lauging at your misery stick out tongue

Discos
Thorondors correct

Discos - deal with it, eagles are just very wise

pip-foot
*changes mind and decides discos can join Thor in punishment*

:P

ilvorlandobloom
ok, so what is going on? im confused... come to think of it, im always confused. wacko

Camellia
Would you appreciate an extra opinion?

Book: back of neck
Film: front.

You see the scar when he's in the tower. He also has the Mithril Shirt at that point, because the two orcs argue over it in the tower. If you look, the shirt is (rather stupidly in my opinion) designed/cut in a certain shape, almost in a low neckline. It doesn't protect as it really should. That's why the shirt didn't protect him.

It's silly I know. And I'm sure you didn't want me to butt in here but, oh well, I have.

Thorondor
hehe pip-foot

nyah i say....NYAH! stick out tongue

Bar-en-Danwedh
it's not that important... the important thing is that Shelob was the daughter of Ungoliant, who was basically a GOD!!! so Mithril would be as affective against her as it pretty much would have been against the balrog

i.e. not very!!!

Thorondor
nothing can penetrate mithril and ungoliant was only a maia

Cynethryth
"only" a Maia... Sauron is also "only" a Maia... so obviously Maiar can do a LOT... and a Balrog would crush a mithril mail thingie like a piece of cloth. Mithril is said to have been as hard as a dragon's armour, but that is still not undestroyable
at least not for Maiar.

Still I don't think Shelob could have destroyed the Mithril so easily, after all she ISNT a Maia.

Thorondor
my point is ungoliant was a maia shelob is only a big spider stick out tongue

Cynethryth

Thorondor
ofcourse not she is prissy....hot...but prissy stick out tongue

Trickster
And aren't Balrogs Maiar anyway. Or some kinda spirit?

Cynethryth
Maiar are spirits

And Balrogs are Maiar

wink

Sauron
the mitril coats neckline was at collar height, she could not have stabbed him above it without stabbing his neck,
it went down to the waistline of his trousers.
in the book i think it is his neck that is stung as i remember thinking that he would die of that....not the poison.

simple movie mistake, that was they dont have to show it going in stick out tongue

daves money to use on big cg explosion

Thorondor
if they did show it going in the cert might have gone up...speaking of which i wonder what the 18 version is like big grin

Sauron
it has shelob eating his eyes. yes

grishnakah
exactly what i said, if the mithril coat could withstand a spear thrown by a troll it could certainly withstand that little stinger.

Shadowy_Exa
shelob is after all just a mere housespider from barud dur that happened to find and eat some radioactive waste

shaber
Frodo was stabbed in the back of the neck with Shelob's anaesthetising poison rather than her lethal one.

Discos
when we see frodo in the tower of cirith ungol, he has 2 marks on his body (witchkings stab and shelobs sting), it looks most likely shelobs stab went through the vest, which shouldnt of happened

shaber
In the book she stabbed him in the neck above his vest Happy Dance

OrliNElijahsGrl
ahhh this is all so confusing, cause i didnt know this thread was here but i made the same topic asking about that, and im highly confused...alright...so now..ive been watching that scene over and over to figure it out, cause i just dont understand, when shelob is doing her sneak attack, if you look...you cant even see the mithril on, where as in the beginning you could see it (as he was playing with the ring and stuffed back in his shirt) so thats weird, AND...in the tower of cirith ungol, i never saw the stab mark of shelob, i rewinded 20 million times, because i looked for it to be near on his stomach, since when she stabs him, it looks like she did stab him in the stomach, the only wound i see is the one from witchy, and of course scars from the ring and everything, but NO shelob mark, and all of you are saying, he was stabbed in the back or on the neck in the book, but in the film, it looks like she stabs him in the stomach, BUT i just had a vision of that scene, maybe i missed something...cause maybe before he turned around to see her...she had already stabbed him, because now im looking for which way he fell backwards, maybe it looks like he had already turned around and she stabbed him in the stomach, but maybe there is a trick there and she really stabs him in the back, AHHHH im all confused, but im wondering...WHY didnt the mithril help him? it saved him from the cave trolls stabbing...why didnt it for shelobs stabbing?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.