Hawkman vs Archangel vs Swift

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VENOMfan
Here is the scenario

it's 3:00 pm. in a huge Birdcage. there are things laying around too smack each other with

Arachnoidfreak
laughing a huge birdcage! i dont know much about Swift though. is this archangel with the metal wings that apocalypse gave him, or feather wings?

VENOMfan
hmmmm good question. I suppose witchever vesion is better.

but I still think Hawkman can take both

Arachnoidfreak
err, i dunno about that. Archangel with the metal wings can manipulate them. He can extend them and use them as weapons, they are razor sharp and he is pretty formidable with them. If we are talking about Archangel with the metal wings, im picking him.

http://comicscentral.tripod.com/xmen/a/angel.htm#

VENOMfan
http://www.dcuguide.com/Who/Hawkman1_Bio.htm

Well I wouldnt count Hawkman out, he's probably a better hand to hand fighter and should be stronger.

Swift...Ill get back to her......

http://www.angelfire.com/comics/fangirl/swift.html

dont think she is gonna do to much damage..........

Magee
Yea i think Archangel could take Hawkeye, i mean he kinda sucks with his pink uniform and those arrows could easily be deflected by Archangels wings, suppose he has gas and all that, does he get to have those small nuclear arrows? oh well nvm. I dont know much about Swift, anything actualy lol so im just gonna vote for Archangel.

Arachnoidfreak
I agree, im not saying Hawkman is out of the question, he is the better hand to hand fighter and is stronger, but Archangel can keep him at a distance. still not sure about Swift...

Arachnoidfreak
Um...not HawkEYE, HawkMAN. DC Universe, Thanagarian(spelling?), part of the Justice League.

Magee
OMG im an idiot its Hawkman not Hawkeye lol im so dumb. Shit im going for Hawkman. lol stick out tongue

moshtitan
LMFAO!!!!

any way, id say Archangel just cause im more of a marvel fan, but i besides that, i couldnt pick a winner.

MaverickIce
Why is this a note?

Arachnoidfreak
Because VENOMfan felt like making it a note?

VENOMfan
weekly poll. get it?

last weeks poll got taken down this weeks poll is put up.

moshtitan
ahh, the enlightener.

FrothByte
ooh i like this one. if hawkman can get close enuf to archangel i don't think archangel has much of a chance. but all in all id pick archangel, coz his wings are deadlier, and he's got those poison darts that should keep both hawkman and swift at a distance. oh and not to mention archangel looks a lot cooler than both swift and hawkman.

plus if archangel put up a good fight against apocalypse, that should say much about his fighting prowess.

venomfan: just a suggestion, maybe you could post links on the biographies of each character on the start of each weeks poll together with the cenario so we could more or less get to familiarize ourselves with each character.

VENOMfan
Your right I should have done that in the beggining. I will from now on

DarkCrawler
Hawkman could kill Swift with his mace, deflect Archangels Soulsword wit his shield and finish him with his many weapons and better fighting skills. Hawkman wins.
http://www.dccomics.com/secret_files/images/dc/pic_medhawkman.jpg

MaverickIce
Oh. Good idea. cool

moshtitan
generally, whos faster Archangel or Hawkman?

moshtitan
because, i think that might be the deciding factor between the two of them.

the assassin
what about falcon? why isn't he icluded in this bird men brawl? i think he would win if he were in!

the assassin
for those of u who don't know falcon, this si him:

http://www.blacksuperhero.com/exhibits/exh-marvel-falcon2.jpg

KharmaDog
As much as I am a fan of marvel over DC, I have to give this one to the hawkman hands down.

moshtitan
i still to this day think falcon has a crappy costume.

ScarletSpider
Falcon's new costume looks better, his previous armor one was just stupid and bulky.

I go with ArchAngel. With metal wings he can attack from a distance with poisoned flechettes. Or with his energy wings he has an energy projectile from them which hit the soul.

His current incarnation, he's back to caucasian with feathered wings, but because it just makes sense in Chuck Austen's mind, he also has a healing factor now. Hawkman is a better fighter and weapon user, but Angel has had vast amounts of training and is no pushover either, that coupled with his healing factor and my bias towards Marvel, I vote Angel.

DarkCrawler
Hawkman can fly speed of sound. I dont know about Archangel...

DarkCrawler
Hawkmans wings:
o Harness-nth metal

Hawkman's signature piece of equipment, asides from the mace he usually carries, has to be the winged harness that gives him the ability to fly. At maximum speeds, Hawkman is able to break the sound barrier. Made out of Nth Metal, the harness does more than just let Hawkman fly. The massive wings that are part of the harness can both help propel him, or be used in combat, as they are not necessary to maintain flight and speeds.

The wings also can be used as shields that will stop most weapons known to humans from seriously harming Carter. From example, they would stop an explosion from killing Carter albeit the blast would still send Carter flying back. Used as weapons, the wings can create wind gales that would send a normal human through the air. Finally, the wings are able to slash through materials with the consistency of flesh and wood.

The Nth Metal also provides Carter with protection against the G forces involved in the speeds he tends to fly at. They provide Carter with a 'comfortable' environmental aura that regulates the temperature immediately surrounding him, so that he's able to operate in the cold or do things like flying through snow.

The next property of the Nth Metal gives those that have been under constant exposure to it, in the range of years, a very limited self-healing ability. We are not talking regenerative powers here. Rather, it simply makes Hawkman much harder to kill, helping to keep him from crossing that threshold even under the most severe of injuries and it speeds his natural healing ability. While it may take someone to heal a cut a week or so, for example, the same cut would take Carter just a few days to heal.

Finally, the Nth Metal enhances Hawkman's lifting strength to what has been described as 'the strength of twenty men'. The way it actually works is that the Nth Metal's anti-gravity properties help negate a good chunk of the weight of whatever the man is trying to carry. He's been known to slow down the descent of a small plane, for example, push away a car without much of an effort or carry villains whose weight would be too much for a normal human to carry.

There are in fact many other properties that the Nth Metal has that Hawkman hasn't discovered.

DarkCrawler
Oh, and I think that Hawkman is more skilled in weapons...

o

Carter is a weapon master. His training as a warrior all across time has made him into an expert when it comes to handling weapons, especially melee weapons of ancient origin. Put a mace in his hands, and he will obliterate most of his opponents. In fact, in the mace being his weapon of choice, he's become quite adept at quickly producing it from wherever it might be attached to his body armor or suit, a speed draw trick if you will. With those kinds of weapons he would be as deadly as Lady Shiva. The man has enough training that he can handle most melee weapons, modern or improvised in a deadly manner still, though. When it comes to throwing weapons Carter is also quite skilled, way beyond what most people would be at. Give him a throwing axe and he'll make things happen.

Even though Katar Hol was well versed on the use of firearms, Carter prefers to take things close and personal and though he doesn't rely on the use of firearms when it comes to arming himself.

These things are from Brave and The Bold, by the way....

And he is no slouch in flying also...

Flying is pretty much Hawkman's thing. He knows how to push himself to achieve speeds that go beyond the sound barrier and furthermore, he knows how to keep himself under control as to be able to operate at those speeds. Years and years of training along with accumulated knowledge from Katar Hol provided Hawkman with a level of skill when it comes to piloting his own body that is hard to rival. Even so, the man is still under the likes of Superman and Black Adam when it comes to this.

Never
Hrm, I would not underestimate Archangel's fighting skills (fought Wolverine to a standstill and we ALL know that "Wolverine is the best at what he does"wink...and I thought the scenario stated that they were in a birdcage, so does Hawkman get to carry his weapons with him or not? Or simply use "things laying around to smack each other with?"

Is flying at the speed of sound an advantage in a huge birdcage? I don't think so.

Disagree that Hawkman would be as deadly as Lady Shiva. Hell, LS is the most dangerous martial artist in the entire DCU. Hawkman is not even on par with Karate Kid WITH his weapons.

DarkCrawler
Yeah, but I believe that Hawkman could fight Wolverine at standstill also...in where issue Archangel fought Wolverine?

DarkCrawler
Note it says: With those kinds of weapons. I dont say that he would beat Lady Shiva with those weapons, but given the decades of knowledge...he has some skills. You know that the Khufu soul of Hawk reincarnates...:
From DC comics website:

DarkCrawler
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood that Hawkman retains knowledge of those decades...sorry...but they are pretty much even...

Never

DarkCrawler
Yes, but I thought that this fight is with current Angel...

Arachnoidfreak
No, we said it was the Archangel with the metal wings that Apokalips gave him.

cray z 4 sarah
doesnt the current archangel have a healing factor and a mystic sword if so then he takes it

Khellendros
Yes but this isn't about current archangel, it's about the past one with the metal wings. Anyways, I think Swift has a chance in this. She can dissolve her wings, making herself look harmless while the two big bad metal winged men go at it with whatever they find lying around the cage. When one man takes the other out, she sprouts her talons that can shear through armor alloy and behead them.

cray z 4 sarah
does anyone have a bio or image of swift

Khellendros
I have two links, actually.

http://authority.herochronicle.com/characters/swift.htm

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/s/swift.htm

cray z 4 sarah
thx

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.