Greatest Warrior of ME?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Agent Elrond
What's your opinion of who's the greatest warrior of Middle Earth? Note that I said greatest, not best. There's a difference. Think about how they helped others, how they changed the course of a battle, their personality, attitude, non-combat actions and ect.

I won't put a poll since there are alot and I want to include all possible heroes

Thorondor

Cynethryth

Agent Elrond
Turin was great, but I like Hurin, altough he was partially responsible for Thingol's death when he killed Khim or Min, not sure. He left the neckless at Menegroth and the dwarves found it and it went downhill from there

Smodden
In my oppinion The greatest Warrior would be someone, with:

Incredible Strength
beeing a valar would help
Handsome
Skilled with the Blade
And have a SENCE OF HUMOR

I think we ALL know who is the best warior in middle earth....wink
none other than:
TULKASbig grin

Agent Elrond
lol, Smod
ur obsessed with Tulkas.

I don't know if Tulkas is a warrior, but he is cool

eezy45
The Balrog *g*

Smodden
Human warior:Turin/Turambar(s?)
Valar Tulkas
Elf: feanor...or
Dwarf...Mim...stick out tongue...lol

Discos
lol smodden and his tulkas, I am also a fellow Tulkas fan yes

anyways I would definetly have to say FINGOLFIN

such honor and pride to goone on one with Morgoth at his gates of Angband,

Agent Elrond
Elf: Finrod (don't know if he fought in any battles, but he died saving Beren
Man: Hurin.
Dwarf: Balin. Even though he died in moria, he died fighting, the best way to die
Vala: Tulkas.
Evil guy: Gothmog

Discos
oh yes it would be save to say Tulkas would be migtiest and greatest of the valar, Manwe is the boss wink

Exa has a great choice tbh, Beleg was a great character and asked not much from Turgon, he got the dark sword on his journey to find Turin (eol made),

Bereg did rule!

shadowy_blue

shadowy_blue

Ddraiglais
Hmmm, it doesn't seem that there is a restriction on which age. I'll have to vote with Ungoliath with Morgoth a close second.

Discos
lol we all know roll eyes (sarcastic)

but thanks for sharing with us

shadowy_blue
Cheeky Discos..stick out tongue

Discos
also shadowy you are forgetting anotjer of Beren's accomplishments

He befriended Huan!, suprisingly enough he was the 2 sons of feanor's hound

Smodden
Cheeky Huan....can only speak 3xsad

Cynethryth
Whow, Shadowy big grin laughing *reads the post again*

I think Finrod, Fingon, Fingolfin and so on are all among the greatest warriors, but some of them are a little too good for my opinion, too heroic, what makes them kinda less "interesting" I think... they're all the same and because of their nearly-flawless-ness kinda impersonal

Other great warriors are Ecthelion and Glorfindel... both died defending Gondolin and its people against the balrogs (Glorfindel killed one, Ecthelion even killed four or five or something)

Discos
roll eyes (sarcastic)^^

of course not, Finrod and Fingolfin didnt make it pastthe first age, most of the greatest warriors lived in the first age...

now in reply to your message, "Ungoliant"(you spelt it wrong), wasnt such a warrior, never did any real fighting and wasnt recorded for anything much except for being the first spider and being very fat and hungry for the lights of trees most of the time...

the second age didnt contain much great warriors in such that I can recall, Elrond and Gil-Gilad

Smodden
*it appears nobody got my joke about mim...*

no big

fini
damn shadow_ blue u love to type girl!!!

Discos
erm, what joke was that?

Mim was a little trator who feared his own bleeding shadow near enough!

Bar-en-Danwedh
Yes good old Mim, he "betrayed" Turin....

hmmm... give us your house or will kill you, oh by the by, we killed your son, but nice place you got here, don't worry about your son... i'll get you something nice.. when i've got some spare change...

Mim was brave... he tore of his own beard. stick out tongue

I love TURIN (i was just lookin at that sitch, from Mims POV)...

Turin, Beren, Feanor, and Boromir are my favorite warriors who impressed me the most....

**Boromir **
more kudos to Bor from Bar 'cause in LOTR everyone goes on about how great he was!!!

**Beren**
Beren's crowning acheivment was the one armed gag he pulled on his father-in-law-to-be... and gaining an affininty with all animals...
and not being able to speak for a long time after seeing Luthien for the first time (this is my favorite love story of all time)

**Turin**
Turin, the dude lived large!!! what else can I say. He kicked Major Ass, even if some of that 'ass' was freindly fire!

**Feanor**
He told the Gods to get @$#%ed, he Told Melkor to @$#% off, He led the Noldor halfway across the planet, killing there own kind, cursing their Gods, all just to get back a few fancy stones... then killing the elves who made the ships, then burning (the most beautiful ships ever made) them so no one else could cross, and went on alone... took on an army of Balrogs....

that Paranoid Freak is my Hero!!! DAMNIT!!!

Agent Elrond
Turin was cool, too bad he was cursed. He could have been greater, but I'm still going with Hurin

Greatest Warrior 1st age: Hurin
2nd age: Elendil
3rd Age: Aragorn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.