The best horror movie series ever:

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chikki32004
U SED THE BEST EVER HORROR SERIES IS HALLOWEEN (WELL ACTUALLY I WAS THE ONLY 1 WHO VOTED)

Evil Dead
Halloween is one of the worst series..........

The first two movies were good........then everything went to shit. They had to start pulling story lines out of their ass to keep the series going.........stuff that had nothing at all to do with the original concept of just some crazy guy who kills. I swear, that series is like a soap opera. Out of nowhere........Myers must kill all members of his family.........out of nowhere, Myers was kidnapped as a baby and had some ritual performed on him by some evil cult. How stupid.

The Dead series (NOTLD, Dawn, Day) is the best series............The Omen series would have to be very close in the running.

Primitive Screwhead #1
Seeing as this yet another incarnation of the same previous thread, I think your initital troll assessment is right on the money, Evil Dead. I don't know anyone that would want to expose themselves as horror-incompetent as chikki has... I would have stopped posting by now given the ridicule that she's been subjected to.

It was entertaining for a short while seeing some of her posts... now I'm finding her incompetence hard to buy. But your fervor is admirable, E.D. Keep at it!

Evil Dead
you know why she was gone for a few days?

she was banned.......and not by Backfire either. Another mod banned her in another forum before he could take any action. I have a feeling that she is trolling/spamming up other forums aswell (since it was another mod who banned her).

I must say.......she may have learned her lesson. This thread, while the title being mis-leading, is in no way out of place. She has the right to her opinion just as we have the right to ours. It's just that her opinion is based on an utter lack of knowledge of the horror genre.

She did only post this once instead of 3-4 times like she did the other day (all those closed threads)...........I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

Cinemaddiction
Hellraiser.

Evil Dead
That is an excellent choice..........It's #3 on my list.

BackFire
Trilogy of the Dead

Evil Dead series

Cinemaddiction
Reason I picked Hellraiser is because of having 2 solid movies in a row, with the 3rd being a good idea, but suffering from a typical 90's horror movie affliction. One liners. The highlight of Part 3 was that Hellraiser was made vulnerable for change, unlike most other horror franchise frontmen who who never die.

I put it above the Evil Dead franchise because 1 + 2 are somewhat similar, with AoD ending the series on a totally unrelated sour note.

I also put Hellraiser above the Dead Trilogy because while "Night" was classic, "Dawn" and it's thematic elements kind of took away from the whole "horror" elements, not to mention the zombies weren't at all scary or threatening. Lastly, "Day" just wasn't that great of a movie, IMO. It will be best known for the otherwise inconcievable zombie emotion development, and the best gore in a horror movie ever, but the story was really, really drawn out, and the acting was just average. It also suffered from a obscenity ridden dialogue, which really took away from the supposed "impending doom" of the movie.

Primitive Screwhead #1
1. Evil Dead
2. Hellraiser

Omen, Exorcist and Dead Trilogy series tend to vary 3 through 5, depending on what kind of mood I'm in (though the Exorcist series could drop off here if the next installment turns out to be a complete flop like some people are projecting).

Freddy_vs_Jason
Evil Dead.
Trilogy of the Dead.
Nightmare on Elm Streets.

Dario Argento
Trilogy of the Dead

MichaelMyerscoo
I like Halloween
and since there are working on JC 3 I pick Jeepers Creepers
But I like Halloween A lot better

Evil Dead
yes, I know this topic already exists........but the lame person who posted didn't actually put a poll with her post. She merely stated her opinion. Since we all replied to it with our opinions (which are the selections I have included on the poll), feel free to merge that topic with this one.

Edit:

I used every suggestion from the other thread so people could vote for those they have already listed........aswell a few favorite series by the Slasher fans of this forum. Sorry if I missed your favorite series.......I felt those listed would be more popular than Ginger Snaps, Critters, Wishmaster, Leprechaun, etc.

MichaelMyerscoo
My name should give away who I voted for. Don't get me wrong, but I have only seen the Halloween series and Freddy Vs. Jason so I don't really have a choice. Although I have seen one Friday the 13Th:Jason Goes to Hell, I just feel that Halloween is realistic and not Friday the 13Th. Or maybe it could happen who knows.

HockeyHorror
some of those aren't even series. series is more than 3 movies.

my vote= the Hannibal Lecter Series

Evil Dead
The Evil Dead - 3 movies
Hellraiser - 6 movies, 2 more in post production
A Nightmare on Elm St. - 7 movies
The Omen - 4 movies
Romero's Dead Series - 3 movies, 1 more on the way
Halloween - 8 movies
Friday the 13th - 10 movies
Jeepers Creepers - 2 movies, 1 more on the way
Child's Play - 5 movies
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - 5 movies

MichaelMyerscoo
Hey EVIL DEAD is that Jack Black on your sig?

Cinemaddiction
...Jack Nicholson, The Shining.

Evil Dead
....Jack......Black?...... blink

LimeLight
I'm an Elm Street girl so naturally I love 'em. Freddy's the best in my book. big grin

Mr Parker
Halloween.no contest baby.

Dark Vengeance
childs play

tabby999
i was going to say Friday but then i realised that despite the fact i lobe the movies, it sort of became a joke as it went on, whereas all the Dead movies are gold

zombieman
God do we really have to debate this again?

blood_mage
it got to be halloween it so cool

tank_j
HALLOWEEN IS DA BEST ALL OF U DAT THINK ZOMBIE FILMS R DA BEST R ASs****ERS. ZOMBIES R GAY

SlipknoT
Wow, I'm insulted by your stupidity. Right there not only did you prove that you are in fact retarded, but also one of the most ignorant people to grace this earth. The Halloween series which after 2 completely destoyed all hope it had of becoming a good franchise, has nothing on the Dead series. Romero's Dead trilogy is one of the greatest horror series ever, they're classics. The Halloween series on the other hand, is a peice of shit floating in the toilet that wont go away.

Wolfie
A Nightmare on Elm Street & Evil Dead are the only series I've seen in their entirety. Superb!!

Bride of Chucky, Halloween Ressurection, Jason Goes to Hell, and Jason X were all really bad in my opinion. A couple of these are good for a laugh though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.