Computer DVD player problems

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shaber
My computer's DVD player isn't playing DVDs properly but instead plays them jerkily. What is the problem? The computer is a 2002 Dell laptop with Windows XP.

JKozzy
Check your drivers; what program are you using to play them? You may need to reinstall your codecs, or get another program. Or is it the DVD? Make sure there's no dust. smile

yerssot
same as JKozzy : more info big grin

Raz
Make sure the DMA is set on the DVD drive. Also make sure nothing else is running in the background.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techenthusiast/tricks/devices/dvd/dma.asp

shaber
Is it possible that there couild be something wrong with my computer's innards? sad

yerssot
dude, you gotta give more info besides "it's not working", if it was you wouldn't post this in the first place!

say what exactly is wrong, what error messages you got etc.

shaber
For no reason at all, since a few days ago, both Inter actual player and Windows Media Player no longer work properly, they play DVD images jerkily and the soundtracks crackley weep I feel like I've lost a part of myself *you don't mind my shedding tears over this do you?*

Raz
Did you follow my instructions?

yerssot
ever tried uninstalling one? they might work against eachother

shaber
Yes, the settings were already correct.

Reborn Again
Try contacting someone at Microsoft to give you the correct url for an updated version of WinDVD or search at www.downloads.com. I'm sure you can find the drivers there.

JKozzy
I doubt it; only trials at best. DVD drivers cost money and you won't get them for free.

Reborn Again
I did. WinDVD. A full updated working copy. For free. Contact either Microsoft...or here's an idea...contact your computer manufacture and ask them for a link. That's what I did. I contacted Compaq.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.