Is Neo Dead ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Travaugn
I assume that he is dead and that he sacrificed himself 4 the human race, but still I'm not sure 'cause I'd like 2 think that he is still alive. If he did die then doesn't that mean he is still bound 2 the rules within the Matrix - which confuses me because 'The One' isn't bound by any rules within the Matrix.
If anyone knows the answer to my question then I'd love 2 hear (read) from u, I would greatly appreciate it.

JediHDM
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f42/t294497.html

Travaugn
Cool, thanx JediHDM smile

Travaugn
So JediHDM, u said "Smith killed Neo, creating the ONE
Neo killed Smith, creating the ZERO-virus
Smith copied over the ONE, creating balance...most would say neo died, the one died, however...
the ONE DESTROYED Smith, meaning the ONE is still alive. which leads me to think that, since the ONE must be IN a person, the PERSON must, also, be alive, meaning, Neo is alive, which is why his body is glowing, and looks like a lotus-blossom, because Neo, a normal man, has become divine." - that is pretty consise but if he is divine what does this mean for neo now? if the real world is the real world how can neo become divine in it by being in a computer program?

The Ones
he sees everything connected to the source which is why neo saw things glowing in the realworld, they were connected to the source. the reason hes glowing at the end of rev is because he went back to the source so the anomally(ones power) is ready for another chosen one (hence archetects speach at the end of reloaded)

xeous
There will not be another "chosen one"(I hate that term for the Matrix movies because...He is not 'chosen'...He's a mistake, a flaw.) There is no more doubt in the Matrix, no doubt=no anomoly.

shake zula
not yet anyways... the anomaly was extracted from the matrix when the war ended. but as the architect pondered "how long do you think this peace will last?"... how long indeed. however, peace is not guaranteed and after that being said, the re-insertion of the anomaly code into the matrix is, as smith adequately put, INEVITABLE...

ps.
totally agree with you on the chosen one thingy...

Travaugn
er. . . so is that a good or a bad thing 4 Neo confused

Korri
noooo sad

shake zula
i don't quite get your question. do you mind expanding?

JackMode211
heres the painfull but obvious truth.....neo is dead....neo was a man....men die.....plus why would he not be breathing?....or MOVING....if he didnt DIE...that final scene wouldent have been THAT DRAMATIC...plus the oracle saying"im sure he WOULD love it" notice how WOULD is past tense...and if he wasent dead...why would we never see him again the rest of the movie....all this other crap is speculation...and unsupported assumptions...there are few things in the matrix you can take at face value....but this is one of them

Arachnoidfreak
'would' is not past tense. 'would HAVE' is past tense. 'would' alone is future tense.

i do agree that Neo is dead though. dead as my dirty gym socks.

Travaugn
Ok, so Neo has defeated the Zero virus and all's well that ends well in the Matrix - 4 the moment anyway. But our lovable hero, divine or not and still somehow connected 2 the source, is dead. Killed by a program whose rules Neo shouldn't b bound by or even perhaps killed by choice 'cause there's nothing left 4 him now. I am assuming that - as far as Neo is concerned this whole situation is bad (cause he's physically dead). But then maybe being dead is a good thing 4 Neo, that is if he is now divine.

So is this whole situation good or bad 4 Neo? Yeish. . . I don't know, what's wrong with a good old fashioned movie where u can take everything at face value. dontgetit

JediHDM
HE'S NOT DEAD!!! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN?!?!?!?!?!?!

Travaugn
Ok smile

<<Solo>>
Yeah they just showed Smith Kill him and The machines take him away.

JediHDM
you didn't see Smith kill him...he may have 'taken over' Neo, but Neo is still alive. Read the above thread.

<<Solo>>
Yeah I guess..Oh I see technically he is still alive...I see..

Korri
sad

dee-too
I think that Neo is now the source did you see that the big head thing was the brightest thing there because it was the source, when the big robot was carrying Neo away it showed that Neo was the bright light making him alive, and if he was dead don't you think that the machines would have just dumped him off.

shaber
http://bb.bbboy.net/moods/gmorning.gif

JediHDM
the 'big head thing', aka Deus Ex Machina, is NOT the Source. He is the God of the Machines, aka Deus Ex Machina. And Neo is glowing because he is now permanently connected to the Source, as all things that glow are. Did you read the link posted above?

Numo
Neo's body is still alive yes, probably in a coma like before, but who's inside it, Neo or an enlightened Smith...more difficult to answer, meditate on this, I will.

Numo
One more thing.

Neo is not dead because he was jack-in to the matrix in machine city of which everything and all un-freed humans are connected to the source, so they cannot die.

Just like when Neo was first freed. In the matrix he was suffering cardiac arrest he then died in the matrix, which caused him to wake up in his pod in the real world (because he was still connected to the machines and therefore the source) when the machines disconnected him and flushed him from his pod he was no longer connected to the source and thus he could now die in the real world (he would have drown if the Neb had not pulled him from the water). This was the same with Karl Popper.

So going back to Revolutions, as Neo was connected to the machines again in Machine City and therefore the Source, no matter what happened to him in the matrix his body, in the real world, could not die.

shaber
Oh that's what they were doing confused I would have thought that would have been a traumatic experience for a healthy person, let alone a cyborg as weak as an oyster out of its shell!

Numo
I think he died in the matrix, liguid metal going down your mouth into your stomach, nah he died.

Mr.Matrix
So did the Oracal, she lives dont she?

Mr.Matrix
i think if the brothers make another movie.. we will get our answers

xeous
The brothers will not make another movie...Ever wink

Numo
Do you really want me to answer.

_Matrix_Neo_1_
I've been asking same question.....

soundsaround
So, what I don't understand is the Matrix you all get caught up in trying to talk about this MOVIE... It's just like any great story told before and different people will come to different conclusions, not everyone shares the same intellect, emotional maturity, or life experience...

Now, for those that saw the movie for what it was and watched through until the end without trying to develope metaphors or analogies for it, Neo WAS "THE ONE" so when he went to the machine city he was introduced into the system itself (kinda like TRON), so now Neo is ONE with everything within the Matrix.

To speculate if he could move away from the Matrix and create new worlds would be out of our jurisdiction as movie viewers, it's up to the creator(s) to either give us that information or let the story be. To me the trilogy has walked a fine line of almost overkill but they managed to successfully create 3 movies about the same thing but different, but barely.

If they do come back to it I hope that it would be like Lucas did with Star Wars and incorporate new technology and have a much more advanced storyline as we as a people should be in a more advanced technological era.

Peace

maxman1180
No, he's not..

Willam
The Matrix 4 trailer is promising. I'm looking forward to!

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Travaugn
Is Neo Dead ?

No. Apparently not. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.