OFFICIAL: POA MOVIE DISCUSSION [merged] **SPOILERS**

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Seraph
Is there already a trailer from the prisoner of azlaban in the internet??

Wizard Lord
I am unaware of there being a trailer for the movie on the net already. Seeing as the movie is set for release sometime in 2004, I really doubt there would be a trailer so soon and any trailer you may happen to run into on the net will probally be a fke/fan made one smile

da_vipa
there is nothing as yet because they've only been filming it for 3 - 4 months so NO prob not , i saw the knight bus scene being filmed because it was filmed just down the road from me big grin

Wizard Lord
With the release of The Phisophers Stone and the Chamber of Secrets, the next Harry Potter film set for release is the Prisoner of Azkaban. So what are your feelings about the movie? Got any rumors or speculation you would like to post? Any info on the actors set to appear in the movie? Post them hear and let me know! See below for the latest news, rumors, speculation and information I have managed to aquire.

- Rumors are strong on certain parts to be played in the film such as Cho Chang and Cedric Diggory - has anyone found any official news on these parts?
- The film is said to be released some time in June 2004! Quite a bit away!
- One rumor suggested Cho Chang may not even make an apperance in the film at all! Surely not true, but what do you think all the same?
- Dan says he has no control over who plays the part of Cho, but says he's quite excited about the character featuring in the movie!
- Many other news and info have appeared about the movie, and plenty can be found in the "Prisoner of Azkaban" area on the site. Got any news, info or rumors? Post them hear, cause I wanna know!

brookealicious6
I'm really confused now...My sister said she heard that they're already finished filming! So editing takes over a year? Thats crazy. Well we'll see!
Even if it does take that long, we'll have the Return of the King (LOTR) to help us get through the wait! :supergrin:

Wizard Lord
lol, yeah i suppose we will. I'm sure it was June 2004, I could be wrong though confused

da_vipa
its out early 2004 and no they havent finished filmin it they just started in febuary, gary oldman is playing sirius

therock316
its June 4th 2004 sleep

brookealicious6
It's coming out June 4th 2004? That's cool..A bit later than I expected though..

robincooper
i have looked around and from what i have seen cho is not even mentioned i have been all over and the movie is in pre production and the only new charecter is gary old man as sirius it looks as if there may not be a cho in the next movie sorry!

robin sad

Phoenix
what r ya looking forward to in the next movie?

me - snape in a dress!

Phoenix
ooh, and i wanna see how they do the dementors!

Phoenix
ooh, ooh, and i wanna know who plays lupin!

Phoenix
ooh, ooh, ooh, and i wanna see the timeturner!

Phoenix
and buckbeak!

Phoenix
i know i shoulda put that all in one post, but they kept on occuring to me!

danradclifeluva
lol
i wanna see all those things too except i noe hoo plays moony David Thewlis well i dont noe who he is but i noe thats who plays moony

brookealicious6
LOL...I'm looking forward to seeing buckbeak smile
And I'm excited to see all the animagus. I think that is the coolest magic J.K. has put in the books! Oh! And I want to see who plays Peter (a.k.a. Wormtail smile) He better be short...LOL.

airangel429
I want to see all of the above that and I want to see how lupin turns into the werewolf and I want to see Sirius and how the tree is OH and I want to see how they made Hogsmead too! =) I want to see all those places there. I want to see the tunnel to Hogsmead too!! I can't wait til the 4th movie.....all those new characters and Madam Maxime with Hagrid! =)

Smllfry247
Yjis is my fave book i hope it is good i love the dementors and sirius

Ushgarak
Phoenix- EDIT FUNCTION!!!

robincooper
i wannn see how they do hogsemede!

frootlooplucy
snape in a dress - hah! id forgotten that bit! *cackles*
i wanna see hogsmeade too, and yeah, buckbeak, and everything you all said, and i wanna see how sirius turns out, because gary oldman is NOT my idea of what he should look like, but i want to see.
snape in a dress - thats classic material. *walks off shaking head*

airangel429
YES...SNAPE IN A DRESS.....AND NEVILLES GRANDMA WITH THE BIRD!! smile

blonde_cutie
EVERY THING!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wanna c every thing!!!!!! i can not wait!!!!

robincooper
hp3 willl be brilliant full stop!!!

dage8_8
Personally I am looking forward to everything involved, but I really want to see the patronus and dementors.

Ass Goblin
I want to see how the guy who plays Gandalf is as dumbledor and i want to see who plays sirius

aLiceXwndrLnd
alrite, heres where im forced to break ur hearts...sean biggerstaff, aka oliver wood...NOT GOING TO BE IN THE MOVIE

crazy_c
Cho Changs not gonna b in the next film. It ses here http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/tv_film/newsid_2932000/2932848.stm

charmaine
also ive heard there cutting out quidditch too its a crime

Laviera_j
yeah, it is in another thread. Bummer.

Member.
wtf?!!cutting out quidditch? that's total BS. if harry doesn't fall off that firebolt, in book 4 diggory can't say that cedric beat harry potter at quidditch or whatever and ron and hermione won't think harry will die because he would'nt have seen the big black dog. they can't do that. the next thing we know, they'll be cutting out the quidditch world cup in book 4. and cho should be introduced in this movie. i don't know what this new director is doing. crazy fool. They'll probably cut out that part where ron gets pig too.

whiterider
why, cutting out all the good scenes. and one question they got a new director wacko miffed mad why why why would they do, now the movie is going to have a lot of stuff probably taken out, i hate it when they do that switch series stuff that one directors been doin since the begining and then changing it over and letting a whole new person decide, next thing we know theres probably gonna be new actors for the main people,

aLiceXwndrLnd
wow, no one here reads, do they? the new director kicks ass, he doesnt make crappy movies. second, the old director,, chris colombus, is still producer. third, if u look at it, the last two movies were good, but they lacked...substance in a way, and this movie will give characters more depth. fourth, to make poa one movie, they had to cut a lot. cutting quidditch does indeed cut a lot of stuff, so why it may suck, its efficient. im sure the director will find a way to get key things in, i mean, look at the lord of the rings series, soooooo much cut out but they still rock. and lastly, if quidditch gets cut, its the scriptwriters fault, blame them. i am sad theres no wood or cho or quidditch, but im sure the black dog and the firebolt will find their way onscreen.

luna050
there's a rumor the trailer will appear in
"Looney Toons Back in Action" which is due out
in November (i think???)

VanDean
I've heard that the 3rd Harry Potter Movie could be up to 4 hours long.
Would you say thats to long for a movie or not?

I think so... smile

edwinian
I have heard the rumor as well...but I am a firm beleiver that you can only take that for what it is...a rumor. Although I also love the books and if I could have 4 hours of HP glory then I would be a very very happy kiddo indeed!

Kes
Theres a Harry Potter area so...
moving--moved.

Phoenix
harry potter four movie is gonna be two movies.... supposedly...

cogger15
4 hours? i think thats abit long. wudnt mind 3 hours tho! i think the harry potter movies are good

zionette
I heard that Harry Potter 4 is only gonna be 2 and a half hours! which is stupid,they're leaving all the good stuff out coz they have to make it PG!

VanDean
My Wife has just got in and clued me in on the whole Harry Potter thing.
PoA (movie 3) will be 2 and a half hours long, GoF (movie 4) will be a 4 hour film with an intermission in the middle.
Info from Mugglenet. (top Potter fansite)

LilyGinnyBlack
Cool! big grin Even though I don't think that four hours is that long...one of my favorite movies is seven hours long.... smile

frootlooplucy
seven hours?? really? what movie is it?

StrgzrCndyPixie
4 hours hell no my ass would get 2 sore in da movie theatre lol

PiratePrincess
I think there is a limit that the BBFC (British Board of Film Classification) set as to how long a movie can be, isn't there?? I don't know though, maybe not! If it was 4 hours i'd wait til it was out on video, i aint sittin in no cinema for 4 hours!!! Lol

Danistar
I wish it lasted 3 hours because it's enough for the 3rd part. But the 4th part could last 4 hours because "HP and the Goblet of Fire" is very looong book.

crazy_c
I wouldnt mind sitten in the cinema for 4 hours

LilyGinnyBlack
Neither would I. Oh, and the movie that I watched was a mini-series called The 10th Kingdom. My friend has it on tape though... I've watched it more then once! big grin stick out tongue

crazy_c
Oh yeah i seen that on tv. cept it wasnt shown as a film they showed an hour of it every week.

Fitzelchen
I heard rumours saying that the fourth film will be a film for extra large cinemas with extra large screens. That would be pretty cool, wouldn't it? (just repeated question tags this morning in school =) My teacher would be so proud if he saw this!)
Bye Fitzelchen

sammmy
everyone says that Quidditch will not b in it but i've jus read this:

Radcliffe also says that Azkaban's Quidditch game will be "more impressive. There will be amazing special effects."

masterofmatrix
ok heres what cinema.com has said about gof :Warner Bros, makers of the Harry Potter films, has decided to keep Goblet of Fire as one film.

Many people reckoned the hefty 636-page book would be split into two films, so Potter fans wouldn't be disappointed by losing their favourite scenes.

But sources say Steve Kloves, who adapted the first three books, has been asked to make a single two-and-a-half-hour film.

Warner Bros has also said it would like to keep the present cast.

But Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint are getting on a bit, making some people question if they will return for the fourth film.

The film-makers have said they will make a definite announcement about who will play Harry, Hermione and Ron soon.

Casting for Goblet of Fire does not begin until January 2004, and Prisoner of Azkaban will be released in June of that year.

roxygirlssurf
I also heard that the 3rd and 4th movies would be long, but I also heard that both of them would be 2 parters. I LOVE the books, they are so entertaining. The 3rd and 4th books are so pivital to the story that they have to include more of the stories in the movies than they did in the first 2 movies, otherwise, those that don't read....(cause they are un-imaginative) would miss too much of the story. Anyway, love Harry Potter, and if you haven't read the first 5 books (out of an eventual 7) you are really missing out on a great on-going story, so read them!

Jelsa
(roxygirlssurf)

roxygirlssurf
Anybody heard who will play Dumbledore in the new movies considering the actor died? I am curious.

Apollonia1
I heard a rumor that it will be preceeding Tom Cruise's movie "The Last Samurai." Who knows.

iluvharrypotter
The trailer will also be in the Looney Tunes movie! I for got the name of it, but I do know that it will be in that movie

aLiceXwndrLnd
heres the rundown: theres ALLEGEDLY a trailer after loony toons and scooby doo

VengeanceGOD
I'm REALLY worried. The trailer looks ok...but the last two movies have sucked. Horribly. Admittedly there isn't much to work with in the first two books (IMO the worst in the series. Which doesn't make them BAD, I still love them, just not as good at the rest.), but Azkaban is my favorite. If it gets screwed up, I'll probably cry.

EOWYN3
I'll cry too, but we have to stay positive! I think they'll do alright! The trailer looks decent...

its_magic
i dont understand why do u think the movies suck???

sk8rpunkbarbie
some of the movies suck some parts of it were well anticipated then u got a big fat let down!

its_magic
fair enough

tsukasa13
I agree. From what I've heard, the third movie has totally changed. I mean besides the robes, the clothes they wear are from today. I mean, have you ever seen Hermione wear "Puma" sneakers? I mean, from what I've seen and heard there one is no Quidditch in the third movie and the person who plays Sirius Black is old!

Linkalicious
Sirus is supposed to be old. If he was James' year and James was on Minerva McGonagall's quidditch team...then Sirius would be old because McGonagall is old. And that means she could be no more than 6 years older than James because he wasn't on the team as a first year so at best he would be a 2nd year player. I think everyone reads these books and they create this over-fantasized view of how attractive Sirius is supposed to be. Look at Gilderoy Lockheart, he was supposed to be some dreamy heartthrob with a great smile and he was just some old guy too. And from pictures i've seen from PoA, it looks like the students "normal clothes" are just their school uniforms with their robes taken off. They still have white shirts with a tie underneath their clothes so maybe we should back off a bit until the movie actually comes out. Maybe they do wear their robes a whole bunch. We've seen one 2 minute clip from a trailer and apparently we already know everything about the movie...

Candy
yeah.. im worried to, im worried bout sirius and lupin and so on... sirius not so old... i think.

Luna150
jame is NOT the same age as macgonagal NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. Sorry but when i read that i thought I HAVE TO TYPE. ANYway. mcgonagal talks about TEACHING james. She was his TEACHER smile just thought ild clear that up

Julie
I'll see it....but the others were just ok....and who knows

Linkalicious
I said that he was younger than her not as old as her. She taught James how to play quidditch. I'm sure James already knew, but she taught him the finer aspects of it. Luna watch the 1st movie during the part where Hermione takes Harry to go look at the Gryffindor trophy with James name on it. If you look to the name right next to it, it says M.G. McGonagall. That would mean that he was on the same team as her right? Unless it's like an MVP trophy or something, but I still don't understand why it would be RIGHT NEXT to James' name. And of course i know that the movies arent the reference, but it's like that for a reason, and I'm sure that JKR wouldn't allow that in the movie if it was completely inaccurate.

Linkalicious
oh yeah and Luna girl....mine's just speculation. Of course i realize James and Sirius were quite a few years younger than Minerva. I'm just trying to find out why the heck McGonagall's name is next to Potter's on that damn trophy. *scratches head in confusion*

frootlooplucy
maybe McGonagall was the Quiddich teacher then, like Madam Hooch is now. And so J.K. let them put it in the movie to create... interest or controversy or head scratching something like that. So we'll find out in later books that she was and then say "OH that's why it was in the movie, now i get it, hahaha" blink maybe i'll shut up now.

Kai_Haider
lol

Kai_Haider
The first two movies did suck...but look at the books...but book 3 omfg how could you f*ck that up! I don't think they could if they tried!!!

Linkalicious
I don't care as long as the keep all the characters the same. And they need to get Jason Issacs to play bigger parts because he rules as Lucious Malfoy.

tomisfit
i think dat 3rd is gonna b da best yet! i mean i've heard people involved n who have cin it b4 it is edited say dat Alfonso(sp) has made it more grown-up n scary etc!

O BTW McGonagall is older dan James n OMG were does it say she was da Quittich teacher?!........................i can't remember dat bit! What the f**k? huh

Phoenix
Just got back from seeing LotR and I saw the harry potter trailer!!

soooooooooooooo coooooooool!!!!!!!

potterthefirst
Sorry are you on another planet everyones seen it!!! confused

daeri
Potterthefirst, just be happy for Phoenix she saw it.. smile

potterthefirst
Soz I woz just saying... sorry? apolagy accepted?

Linkalicious
how'd you like it on the big screen Phoe...i thought i was way better than watching it on my comp...

KayeLa
i saw ROTK twice and did not see the Harry Potter trailer. i was so disappointed! i've seen the trailer in my pc but i just wanted to see it on the big screen. big grin

silver_tears
It is way cool yes Love it already .......
The song is funny! Wickedness this way comes laughing out loud

bLooMiLiCioUs
i don't like draco's mop toplaughing out loudlaughing out loud
he looks so funny innit

danis4ever
Is the choir really included... there is a singing band right?

WillUEvrGiv^
I only saw it yesterday the 2nd time I saw ROTK I didnt see it at UCI though

daeri
I have it on my computer.. happy I want to save it... I can't wait to see the movie! http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/bye.gif The thirth book was my favorite.. so the movie should be like http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/eek.gif

azyne
Uhh...I think the question is...WHO HASN'T? But yes, it'd probably be cooler to see it up on the wide screen.

CatKind
I had seen it on my PC...but on the big screen it was ever so much better! I love what the Shreaking Shack looks like....pretty cool!

FallenForever
you guys are lucky. i still connect to the internet with a modem and my internet connection is really slow. i cannot get a hp3 trailor to work on it.
does anybody know a link where you can see the trailor even if your connection is rrrreeeeeeaaaaalllllllyyyy slow

ggrrrrrr pretty soon im going to start whacking my computer with something it annoys me so much

silver_tears
the book was wicked I hope the movie lives up to it yes

silver_tears
do you guys know that Remus Lupin was almost fired from the movie blink
when he was transforming into wolf form he was so scary they worried he would scare children, they told him to tone down the growling and all miffed
stupid children!!

starseeker
the prisoner of azkaban is my favourite of the series and i'm sure that it'll be an awesome film...i believe in cuaronbig grin

silver_tears
Mine is POA or GOF happy

DBZFan
Ya, I saw the trailer on the net, it seems like a cool movie.

silver_tears
I love how it begins yes

PrefectRonnykin
thius is the trailer 4 the 3rd hp moive
http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/harrypotter.html

PrefectRonnykin
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1807858489&cf=trailer
COS

PrefectRonnykin
and PS/SS
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1802813191&cf=trailer

PrefectRonnykin
harry sounds like a girl lol

sexy_slytherin
dude, why are they singing shakespear

PrefectRonnykin
donno? nice subtitle hehe ferret

metallicachick
from macbeth right? (the song i mean)

PrefectRonnykin
i think so

kiyana_ayame
Yeah it's Macbeth (sp?) I don't remember that from the book, but i'm really looking forward to the boggart scene it looks good

PrefectRonnykin
yeah btw NEVILLE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PersefonePotter
It's the witches song from Macbeth.

Plus, its the tagline for the movie: Something Wicked This Way Comes.

PrefectRonnykin
thx perse now it makes scence thx

ancietwisdom
I think this one will be good.
I just hope it is just as great as the last two.

Tonks
Yah it will be good. I mean it should be way better than the last two. and this is were Sirius comes in. it has got to be the best!

iluvorlando
well...i'm not too optimistic....but thats prolly cuz i didnt' really like the first two. they were good, but not near as good as the books. But i hope this movie is good....i suppose its gotta be, cuz the third book rocks my face off!

Iirima
I think it'll be good, but not THE BEST. (ROTK! Oops, sorry, I'm in HP forum...)

jennyanderson
I think it will be the best ever, because as Tonks says this is where Sirius BLack comes in the most popular character in the HP book, apart from Ron, though I wish they could'v selected a much more good looking actor. Anyway, I think they might be able to make him look a bit better with a lot of make up on.

Candy

IBTonks

hana_skywalker
I think it will be the best Harry Potter movie (since POA is my favourite book) but I doubt it will reach the popularity of Lord of the Rings... I don't like LOTR, but I have to admit that it was bloody popular.

Laviera_j
I hope it is true to the book. We already know there isn't any quiddich in it - I mean where the Dementors come during the match in the rain and Harry falls. Stuff like that.

jennyanderson
LoL, Hana, Harry Potter is more popular than Lord Of The Rings, both in the book and in the movie.

ash007
yeah but alot more people have seen LOTR then harry potter

Ariadne
I think PoA will do really well, but I don't know about breaking any box office records or anything. It's not quite as set up for success as RotK or something like that.

hhhhr
cry are u sure??? that is the best part

weegie

weegie

weegie

weegie

weegie

weegie

weegie
I'm also trying to post a new pic of Trelawny.

tassie
WHOOO THAT'S LONG eek!
i kinda skimmed thru it and it sounds good. Can't wait til it comes out!!!! big grin big grin since i have no more lotr movies to look forward to...

tigress
iam getting totally miffed waiting iam gunna end up in therapy if i dont see poa or book six soon Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance big grin

crazy_c
ah mes cant wait happy

tassie
lol tigress, i'll see u at that therapist then big grin

tigress
lets have a group therapy thread laughing out loud big grin

weegie
what do you all think of the way that the films are trying to make the hermione/ron thing happen?

eezy45
Yay! I spent the last 20 minutes to read it! Its Kewl!

shanie623
I want to see the scene where Hermoine takes Ron's hand!!!!!!

buffywill07
weegie, I wish they didnt do that in poa , there is nothing ron hermione that happened their, they could have did it in GOF, because its obvious there that Ron likes hermione,

eezy45
they will never do more!
HHr!

celestial_moon
i really dont wanna c that holding hand thing...*shudders*. besides, it's 2 early in the series.

SlayerChick1188
OMG this POA trailer is awesome! Its got Everything! Dementors, Black, Snape, a little Ron and Hermoine action going on big grin I love it, and must share it with the world! laughing haha!

http://harrypotter.warnerbros.com/web/hogwarts/dailyprophet/media_archive.jsp

And it came with a new poster too!

http://harrypotter.warnerbros.com/hogwarts/dailyprophet/articles/img/HarryPotterDOM1Sht.jpg

shanie623
OMG.. Thanks so much for posting that. I've been looking everywhere for the 2nd trailer!!! Anyways, I saved it.. LOL.. (It's a secret how I save it, bwehehehe)... But WOW... Believe it or not, the 2nd trailer made me fuccing cry!!! I'm bloody f*cking serious!!! Just seeing my most favorite book of all come to life in the movies--- WOW... OMG. I looove the boggart dementor coming out of the freaking suitcase. I love Hermoine beating up Malfoy! I love Harry shouting "EXPECTO PATRONUM!!" LOL OH MY F*CKING GOD... I'm sooo sorry for my yappin but I can't stop. SHET. OMG!!! I LOVE THE SCENE WHEN HARRY SAID "I HOPE HE FINDS ME..." AAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! It's not exactly like the book said so, but OMG!!! The movie is sooo going to be bloody brilliant!!! AND NOT TO FORGET--- HERMOINE GRABBING RON'S HAND!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAWWWWWW!!! DAMN!!! And ohhh, the Buckbeack part made me REALLY, seriously cried. LOL. DAMN. I'm emotional when it comes to Harry Potter POA. I LOOOVE THIS BOOK SO DAMN MUCH, I'm sooo HAPPY they made it to movies that I'd be satisfied to die. LOL. SHET. OK. I'm going to stop blabbin now.. LOL.

Laviera_j
I am gonna watch it now! OMG OMG OMG!!!

Laviera_j
It says the web page is not valid! OMG OMG OMG OMG! What is going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????

shanie623
I'll be glad to send it to u... but I'm sending it rite now to a friend of mines... so probably tomorrow? do you have AIM? i have the 1st and 2nd trailer in quicktime (high quality) saved... =)

SlayerChick1188
laughing out loud glad you guys liked it big grin I freaked at the Ron and Hermoine part too! When she punched mafloy...BRILLIANT!

*Georgina_A*
I didn't get to see it sad. The Trailer won't load sad

hell_raiser
that is so cool

SlayerChick1188
Thats just not right, Georgina no ...KEEP TRYING!

*Georgina_A*
Thanks smile I will!! yes

SlayerChick1188
Good. Because ALL MUST SEE THE TRAILER! I have commanded it! king

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>