DeNiro's Philosophy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeNiro
my Philosophy is that the skys the limit. We can achieve anything we want its just that about 95% of the people dream about it and are too lazy to achieve their dreams. The sky might be the limit but we make the celling the limit just becaue how ****ing lazy people are.

lil bitchiness
Nah, sorry Big D, but i dont agree with you stick out tongue

I believe we are told we can do everything we want and achieve all kinds of stuff, and we take it in and believe it, but it is a fact that only a minority of those people will actually make it to the top.

Gregory
I'm going to call that ideaslistic, only because I think "naive" might sound rude. The fact is that every one is limited in inumerable ways.

silver_tears
What is the top?

I mean really how far can human beings go really?
There's no such thing as the sky's the limit, because after the sky there's so much more stick out tongue
How do you know you hit the top, wouldn't you just keep going?

DeNiro
I disagree with lil's because Alot of us are told we can do what ever we want that is true. and some times people dont make it like many people for example try out for the MLB and work their ass off all their life and dont make it. But for the majoriy of people their realistic dreams can come true if they just work at it.

BackFire
I think if people apply themselves most of them can achieve some of their dreams. Obviously god given talent is a big part, but with practice and alot of work, people can achieve alot.

Dexx
welll..that's a silly philosophy deniro. you simply eliminate the randomness of events that can hit a person during a life time.
SOme are indeed lazy, however far from 95%. You can't achieve everything you plan on. You'll find life in you way a lot of times.
A strong mind is important...but there's a measure of luck needed also.

Syren
I think that "you can do/be anything you want to do/be" is naive. Gregory was right. We all have different capability levels, but we also have limits. All we can do is try big grin

DeNiro
I totally agree. talent does play a big part in it but even with great talent you need to pratice. just like in bodybuilding say you want to be a great bodybuilder and you have the best gentetics ever but if you dont lift weights then whats the point of having good genetics. Alot of people have oppurtunities and they just kinda half ass it to get to them and then they are gone before they can even start complaining

Syren
"With great power comes great responsibility"

shaber
DeNiro - what would Max Cady say? http://bb.bbboy.net/moods/pissed.gif

Linkalicious
Not uh guys! My mom says that one day I could be President of the World!!

Ok but seriously. Today, I think that if you want something in life, it is much much more difficult than when it was back in the day. But I still think it can be done. You can do anything you want in life, but you have to have the will power to do it. Now if you're talking about physical acts of strength, there is definitly a limit to that...because not everyone can fly "like a bird." But there are means of flying by piloting planes and helicopters.

Getting the career you want in life has gotten a lot easier because there so many more educational facilities around the world.

Syren
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yes sweetie, and so you shall......

*pats head*

DeNiro
Whos Max Cady?

shaber
Dang it! Don't you follow DeNiro's work? DeNiro's role, Cape Fear Ring any bells?

drunk_nazgul
I think you set your own limits. It's called GOALS.
And you achieve those goals. Or you don't. The sky is your own personal atmosphere.

DeNiro
Ive only seen CAPE FEAR Like 4 or 5 times and it hasnt been in the last 4 years I totally forgot now since you said that i am going to go rent it again.

Darth Revan
Well here's the deal. I think that there are too many people saying "you can do anything if you work hard enough at it". Certainly true much of the time, but it almost kind of makes people NOT work towards their goals as hard as they need to... They think, for example, "ah dammit I don't feel like practicing today... but hey my band teacher says I can do anything so I'll just do it later". If that makes sense at all. Just about any individual goals are possible, but a lot of times you really do have to work for them.

Raventheonly
Personally i trully think literally the sky is the limit, and if you push it the moon. All this space exploration is crap, totally useless and a waste of reasources (I'm studying to be an aerospace engineer mind you), truly space is for idiots... the moon is are limit because the only thing its good for is mining it... we will never get to mars and even if we do it will be completely useless. Yet it also is my policy that all things are possible ... but are they worth it?... thats the true question.

Darth Revan
Why would you mine the moon? Eventually you'd run outta moon and then we wouldn't have tides... Sorta like what happened in Time Machine...

Cyclops
It is a combination of luck and wanton. You can work as hard as you want, but if you are in the right place at the wrong time... then it is kind of just sucks to be you.

Sad to think, but it is true in my eyes.

Raventheonly
The moon is filled with all the heavy metals that we strip the earth for, yet most of it is useless rock... out of desperation we would mine it. Right now anything outside of the earth is totally useless unless its gonna hit us.

Dexx
..therefore making something that hits us....useful? What the f**k?

Raventheonly
Technically we cannot go faster then the speed of light by Einstiens theory which most physists consider to be correct so it would be impossible for anyone to travel anywhere literally outside of the solar system... and the only reason to visit another planet would be to bring its reasources back to earth to use, since we can't posibly utilize it with such a small crew on the ship.

Raventheonly
The only reason to study outside of our moons orbit would be to make sure nothing hits us... does that clarify it?

DeNiro
I havent been able to taste anything for the past two weeks

Raventheonly
I don't know, but i think thats a problem....

The Omega
So, you're a multi-millionaire astronaut, or... ?

Lady von Tramp
A multi millionaire astronaut, random..........

big grin

LordFear
I believe that with a degree of willpower, achieving the seemingly impossible is very likely. It takes a degree of faith in yourself as well as commitment and hard work that the majority of the populace just don't care to invest or devote themselves to.
I mean there are limitations in terms of human limits but let's say the little orphan from Somalia who lived on the streets since a child but wanting to become President or a surgeon that scenario is very plausible given his willpower and non defteatist attitude.
Now a degree of luck wouldn't hurt but on the other hand if that same kid desires to bring back his parents from the dead, that's an example of an aspiration that he will and can never achieve.

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by DeNiro
my Philosophy is that the skys the limit. We can achieve anything we want its just that about 95% of the people dream about it and are too lazy to achieve their dreams. The sky might be the limit but we make the celling the limit just becaue how ****ing lazy people are.

Not true, some people are...how we say limited. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.