Toy Chihuahuas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stormy Day
I am gonna purchase a Toy Chihuahua in a few weeks and I am wondering if anyone has one or knows someone who has one can give some info on what its gonna be like.I already went to a bunch of websites and got alot of info but I want to know from people with actual experience.Like ive heard alot of them die easily and when I get it I dont want the little tyke to don on me.Is it really as hard as it seems do I really have to watch every second of the day wondering if it wonders off to far it will die of some unknown desease.I want to be able to enjoy it and not alway looks after it.Ive heard the first few weeks are tought with being gentle with him,making sure he doesnt go outside and get parvo,making sure he doesnt die by getting to cold or hot,but I also wonder if it will get better after that and I wont have to worry so much.

I really need info please reply!

Machete_guy
meh?

burlyman
okay I didnt read that, infact I barely skimmed it - are you looking for a real dog or a toy? confused

badkittykitty
a friend of mine has one and it's all true they are incredibly fragile..his jumped off the couch and seriously injured it's leg. they have to constantly supervised and also my friend says with that breed they notoriously hard to house break.

they are super cute but a awful lot of work..good luck

Dexx
sounds like a real dog. i wodnered if it's...inflateable or something.
well...i don't know why someone would like such a pet. even normal Chihuahuas are disgusting..let alone a toy one..who breaks if you drop him off the couch..geez.

Crash Overload
There are Sport Dogs, Work Dogs... Chihuahua is in the ty class.

Corlindel
Buy a red fish!

Linkalicious
Never get a dog that you can throw farther than a bowling ball. Otherwise fits of rage become a little more hazardous to the animals health. yes

Kaleanae
Don't buy any dog, go to an animal shelter and get one from there smile

Fire
well I wouldn't buy a small dog anywayz

Linkalicious
I was watching that Wendy's commercial where the freaky "unofficial spokesman" was going around door to door promoting Wendy's late at night, and that one dude sends his dog after the wendy's guy....and the guy actually ran from the little 9" tall mongrel.

Hell if someone sent a dog after me that was no bigger than my shoe...i'd boot the little son of a b!tch like I was kicking a field goal. (or a penalty kick for you Europeans)

Magee
lol

Kaleanae
Why would you do that? Is a very small dog, besides is an animal and doesn't make decisions, his owner is telling the dog what to do... go after the owner not the doggy.

Linkalicious
who's actually doing the biting?

When my dog was learning not to piss on the carpet, did I rub my mom's face in the urine? NO. Repremand the dog...and you get results.

Besides, with those ears....doesn't it just look like they were made to fly?

Stormy Day
Ive had two bettas cant tell if there red tho wink

I dont mean to be rude but the thread is called TOY CHIHUAHUAS big grin

All puppies are hard work wink I just want to know if im ever gonna enjoy it instead of watching it for the rest of my life.Are they really as hard as they seem?I know there fragile.

I already have one from the shelter and one from a breeder.Ive done my part to help the Humane Society smile .

Dexx
these animals are a disgrace to mother nature

Stormy Day
no there not

Corlindel
laughing out loud Chihuahuas

Instead a Chihuahua I still prefer a red fish. But they were always esting to much and dying. And my cat and my son liked to play with them huh

Stormy Day
smile

Dexx
yes they are, stormy.

fish are nice. i have fish.....
they eat like bastards and look like udner water pigs..oh well.

Stormy Day
there cute

where the excitment in fish?

Corlindel
None no expression Maybe to give them a lot of food evil face

PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT
i personally don't think they are cute at all...they look like bloated sewer rats......bug eyes and all

i like rotwielers....big dogs....

Stormy Day
oh come on there not that bad.And I would appreciate it if people didnt come here and post there negative opinions on Toy Chihuahuas. I made this thread for people that have owned them or know someone whose owned them to give me advice.

PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT
i know someone who has one, and she thought it would be perfect, all tiny and dainty,and once she got it ,it was just that, way too tiny and too dainty, it breaks it's bones way to easily, it has really bad allergies,and it gets loose alot. I just said my opinion,i am glad you have chose a dog,and i am glad you like that dog...it doesn't mean i have to....i just prefere bigger dogs.

Stormy Day
I dont think ill get it anymore sad

Raventheonly
boy do i hate Chihuahuas..... they make up for everything with thier yapping!

Dexx
any species which cannot sustain itself, provide food, etc....is an embarassment. why would you want this rat for a pet. (no offense intended to rats)

Stormy Day
Because there cute and adorbale

PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT
what part of bug eyed, and frail do you find cute and adorable?

Stormy Day
im not posting on this thread anymore thanks to the people who actually gave me some advice.

400tx
Stormy_DaY I AM SORRY YOU RAN INTO A LOT OF ASS-H FROM THESE OTHER SO CALLED PEOPLE WHO SIT ON THERE BRAINS.

THERE IS MORE TO CHIHUAHUA THEN YOU KNOW. THERE LOVING, AND IF YOU RAISE ONE WITH A GERMAN SHEPARD WATCH OUT.

THANK YOU RICHARD 07/26/04

§nakehead
get a normal size one

MRIVAS
Stormy_Day I have a toy chihuahua and she is the best companion I could have ever ask for. She brings sunshine everyday of my life I'm in my 30's and I've owned all kinds of dogs. I wouldn't have any other kind. Yes they are tiny and need care and love, I don't know anyone who's ganna get one and throw it around. Take a chance and you will see what I mean. They love you unconditionaly. Not hard to house train at all. Happy Dance

Stormy Day
My mom made me an offer today.If I save my money when she starts work again shell help me buya better dog....possibly a Yorkie.

Michi M.
Originally posted by Stormy Day
I am gonna purchase a Toy Chihuahua in a few weeks and I am wondering if anyone has one or knows someone who has one can give some info on what its gonna be like.I already went to a bunch of websites and got alot of info but I want to know from people with actual experience.Like ive heard alot of them die easily and when I get it I dont want the little tyke to don on me.Is it really as hard as it seems do I really have to watch every second of the day wondering if it wonders off to far it will die of some unknown desease.I want to be able to enjoy it and not alway looks after it.Ive heard the first few weeks are tought with being gentle with him,making sure he doesnt go outside and get parvo,making sure he doesnt die by getting to cold or hot,but I also wonder if it will get better after that and I wont have to worry so much.

I really need info please reply!

HI. I know someone who has a toy chihuahua that i have actually babysat a few times. So I can tell you from experience what it's going to be like raising one. Yes it's true the first few weeks may be the toughest. That's when you have to get the dog used to you and when you should be paper training it. That's also when it may be the most vulnerable to getting sick, but only if it does not already have its current vaccinations and deworming.Having such a small dog requires great responsibility. For the most part when it is outside, you should make shure that it doesn't eat foreign objects (such as leaves, sticks, grass, etc.). If there is a number of people that live with you or if you are often visited by a numerous amount of people then your going to have to keep a close watch on it to make sure that it is not stepped on or that nobody drops it. Once you get used to having the dog and once it gets used to you being it's master, it should get easier. By then both you and your chihuahua should know eachother and you wouldn't have to be watching it every second. Still, you should keep in mind that it is a small dog and that it is capable of getting lost. This type of dog would do best with someone who is responsible and doesn't mind being around it a whole lot. As a puppy it will sleep alot. Depending on how close you you bond with your dog, you can tell if you need to be watching it all the time. If you bond close enough, it should stay at your side for the most part or come to you when you call it. Keep in mind that this is also an "inside dog" meaning it is meant to live indoors. This is a great and adorable type of dogthat can be playful at times and want to cuddle and sleep at other times.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.