Ian Mckellen[Gandalf] is gay

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ash007
I was watching Parkinson and i found out Ian Mckellen is gay.
I kinda thaught he was but my mum was quite upset because she fancied him smile

I am just gald that great actors like Ian are not afraid of admitting that he is gay.

Well done Ian smile

Kitoky
Yeah it's actually cool that Ian McKellen is homosexual because well yeah. I mean he's just a person that you really like no matter how he is.

ash007
indeed smile

Evy_O
What if he's a homosexual? He still rocks! And it's not like he provokes others or anything! I liked him as Gandalf from the first time I saw him. And I still like him even after I found out he's gay (even though I was shocked at first... he doesn't seem like gay messed ) and will always do!! big grin

raven guardia
omg,....I never would of thought that ian was gay

well I guess ya learn sum thing new every day.

Kitoky
Indeed.

ash007
indeed wink

raven guardia
indeed indeed indeed......hmmm I wonder what I will learn tomorrow?

Fėanor
that yesterday is just a memory

Viper
At first I was a bit upset when I heard he was gay, but then I figured what the hell. I don't care what he does with his personal life, he's a damn fine actor.

Ushgarak
Blimey, I don't believe so many people didn't know this! Ian is FAMOUSLY gay.

Discos
yep, found that out not that too long ago myself

Discos - doesn't really like discussing actors sexuality

MorgulLord
Yeh, ive known he was gay all along, necause ive liked him (as an actor stick out tongue) b4 he was in LOTR. he used to be my mates fav character, but when i told him he dont liek hima nymore, althugh i think he rokcks still the same!

Discos
erm, not being cheeky or anything but this is the internet, we dont need to shorten our words to sort of "txt" like,

Discos - and it doesn't cost a penny extra smile

MorgulLord
oh u mean "b4". well i spose, criticism accepted big grin

Discos
lol, spose?

Discos - glad to be back, seems sauron is stepping on my turg again with some highly amusing material shifty

Firithlotwen
hey i dont want to be rude, but honestly i think that somebody being gay or not is not a theme for a thread.......

i mean, if we really are "so cool" with everyone's sexuality, why bother to make a new thread and to talk about it??

Discos
agreed, but lets not start these fights over someones sexuality,

Discos - and lets leave it at that

ash007
hang on matey

i just made a thread to point out that most people including me didn't know he was gay.
I was saying nothing about his sexuality my views on him havent changed at all. I resepct him as a amazing actor and a great guy.

Thats all

Discos
ok dude, didnt mean nothing by it, by reading the post I just wondered what you were up to but after reading everyones replies I got the idea

MorgulLord
yea, so what if old Ian is gay, we still love him ! (again not in that way!) and i think this thread bring people closer to him,a nd helps ppl 2 respect gays more!

*takes bow and walk off, crowd loved me!*

Firithlotwen
i think that if we really have respect to everyone's sexuality, we just don't talk about it...
because for example, if ian's sexuality is really not important to us, why talking about it?
if it is not important, it should be exactly like talking about.. i dont know, about elijah's hair... we like him bald or with hair?? hey guys!! elijah is bald!! yay!! greatt!!... i mean... why do we care??
i we are cool about it, we may mention it in a casual chat (like elijah's hair), but not making a new thread to talk only about it confused
besides, if ian were heterosexual, would there be a thread on ian's heterosexuality??
and btw, there is this movie i strongly recommend: "gods and monsters" with ian and brendan fraser... i saw it years ago...

Phoenix
I believe it was just a comment on how happy we are that he does not try to hide it. Many people still hide their sexuality, but Ian is very open. he has been with his current partner for over ten yeasr, and they are very happy together.

ash007
Thankyou Phoenix i couldn't have said it better myslef smile

OrliNElijahsGrl
ive known for a while that hes gay, but that doesnt change him as a person, or a actor, hes a brilliant actor and seems like a great person, and hes even mentioned it on the cast commentry of fellowship, so hes very openingly about it

IAN STILL ROCKS!!!

OrliNElijahsGrl
I agree also to the comments made that we shouldnt talk about it because its none of our business, and it isnt our business...so can we please stop talking about it?

Phoenix
There is no reason it should change him, in any way whatsoever. He likes men... so what, I like men! big grin

Kitoky
confused So thus the majority of this party agrees that this thread should stay open?

Phoenix
I don't really have strong feelings one way or the other...

sauron
there is no such thing as gay

im sure if a woman came along with a great personality he would fall for her too

its like, say...you talk to someone on a chat room and you love them...then find out its a lad or something......thats how easy it is to love a man....?

Kitoky
*taps foot at sauron* You'd rather have a Gandalf avatar then a sauron one?

nazgūl-lord
LOOOOOOOOOL laughing

sauron
yeah but lok at the line!

ITS SARUMAN!!!!!!!!!

ash007
lol so funny post people in this thread dont like talking about gays i mean i am sure Ian wouldn't mind if we talked about it because we are not critizing Gays.

I dont mind talking about gays becuase i have loads of people who are gays and we dont mind tlaking about it,

But i do understand most people are comfertable talking it

aniron
I watched parkinson too, but I already knew he was gay, ha ha ha he made a good point on how ppl always worry about other ppl's reactions.
my sister is p****d off that he's gay, I dunno why, it doesn't bother me.

aniron
omg good point sauron, though I know that won't happen to me, it's a bit freaky to fall in love over the net, u dunno who ya REALLY talking to.

ash007
yeah same here i mean staright people can love i mean

i LOVE EVERYONE HERE

sauron
yeah well say someone on this forum

and you PM them

over

and over

and over

and over

then you exchange emails and talk some more....

then when your love (its personailty...you might not WANt to fall in love over the net but it happens..youcant help it) they say they are a guy or something....

then what...?

seeeeee.....theres no such thing as a gay its the mind you fall in love with!

Elondra
I never expected that.But I don't care if he's gay or not.It's his own choice and life.He can do whatever he wants.

ash007
We are not complaing that he is gay but we are proud that he admits that he is gay because most gays just hide in the closet and dont admit it.

Elondra
That's because they don't know how people would react.
A lot of people don't mind if someones gay or not but for some of them can't accept gay people in society.I don't know why but it's horrible.

Firithlotwen
my point is very different than yours...... i think we shouldnt be discussing one person sexuality, for several reasons
.) it's none of our business
.) we may hurt ppl's feelings
.) if we are really ok anyone being or not gay why tell it everytime we can? why making a thread on this?
.) if ian is open with his sexuality, there is no secret about it... what do we care??
.) if somebody isnt open with his sexuality, and there are secrets...... what do we care??

just read sauron's last post... she says sht like 'it's the mind that you fall in love with'

so ppl, either we need to grow up and start accepting the persons as they are or we will turn into cold-hearted human beings, believeing ourselves to be perfect and so kind and gentle...

come on, we've read tolkien's work... have we learnt nothing??

i strongly vote to close this thread, for all the reasons i gave before

Elondra
Yeah I think it should be closed as well.

OrliNElijahsGrl
I vote too on this thread being closed! its none of our business and its a pointless thread, ppl know he is, and that is that...its none of our business...so leave it at that and please close this!

sauron
i say shit??? was that just like a figure of speech or actually did yo think it was a load of shit

im a guy!!

Elondra
Who said you say shit?I don't think you did.You just said what you thought.

Elondra
Oh yeah i see who. mad

shaber
Surely everyone knew that already? Don't you read Private Eye or listen to Desert Island Discs?

sauron
lol no

i knew anyway....everyone did i think

OrliNElijahsGrl
ummm confused

Firithlotwen
sorry embarrasment i didnt know you were a he... everyday i got more and more confused!!

and there is a spell confusion... i write sth for 'something' not for shit....... to avoid further confusions, i'll just spell the whole word wink

Firithlotwen
hey!

Elondra
I didn't.

Firithlotwen
oooooooooooo i see, i typed 'sht' instead of 'sth'

Iirima
I think that this thread should be closed, I'm fed up with "gay" discussions. Please... *sigh* It wasn't started to make a gay discussion, but I think it's turning into that sort of thing...but it might not be...neway...

Elondra
yeah where's kitoky or mah???

Iirima
Kit's around here SOMEwhere...come, O Kit!

shaber
Is this supposed to be a discussion of gay issues? confused

Kitoky
Okay that's it, guys this is getting out of hand. I'm going to close this thread so this arguement is stopped.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.