Metropolis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cyclops
Anyone seen it? I thought it was good.

Arachnoidfreak
I have. several times. great anime. confusing the first time you watch it, like many MANY anime, but as you watch it again, you understand everything thats going on.

That anime was actually based on the German movie by the same name(im pretty sure it was german....i may be wrong though)

BlackHatDefect
Good movie,but very sad....ehem...yes..well that was the first anime i ever saw in theaters,but i saw it in japanese,so when i came out of the thearter i couldn't remember what english meant...but yes..very weird anime.I really didn't understand why they played such a happy song when Tima died though...

DemonicGambit-2
I watched it a while back, it was pretty cool. Although I did think it was sad sad

Freddy_vs_Jason
Same here, it was sad.............

Cyclops
Yeah... I know. My mom watched it with me, and she hates anime. She watched Spirited Away because it was Disney, and she loved Disney. She liked it, and I told her she would love this movie. She did, and she cried like a 3 year old with a skinned knee.

Pred@tor
Was kinda sad. I prefer a good vampire movie anyway.

crazy_c
I found Metropolis kind of boring....but it would probably be different if i watch it now cos it was ages ago the last time i saw it.

Cyclops
Watch it again. I hope you will not be disappointed. Acutally, I need to get some sleep now, so maybe I will put that on. (I watch a movie before I go to bed every night.)

Freddy_vs_Jason
A couple of my friends are fans of Metropolis.

big gay kirk
Yup... definitely a good one... try to get hold of Fritz Lang's original in black and white.... excellent movie... failing that, get the colourised version with the Queen sound track... its not as bad as they say....

Ellen
can ne1 give me that metropolis pic?

Arachnoidfreak
I dont know what pic you want, but here's the movie poster

http://www.absoluteanime.com/metropolis/_index.jpg

WindDancer
I love this anime! Is just marvelous to watch. All about this movie is fun to watch. I do like the characters. Mostly the Uncle that is a detective. Quite a fun character to watch. What makes me love this film the most is the music. Gosh, I just love that song when the Ziggarut (sp?) is exploding. Perfect timing with the music and the destruction. Cool Jazz music and anime! Great duo. cool

Pred@tor
oh boy smokin'

sukasa
seen own it its cool

Serket
I kind of liked it...I just don't get what the point of playing that song while everything was falling apart was. Does anyone know?

radioboy121
I can't remember the song, but if it was a happy tune, Japanese anime writers likes to pride themselves in the use of irony.

I would have enjoyed the movie more if it wasn't for the depiction of what happens to Tima. Guess where she'll be stuck for the next thousand years. Out of sympathy, they could have at least killed her off and give her peace.

D-Double
I thought Metropolis was amazing. I felt for Tima. Her innocence touched me.

The scene where the light hits her and her hair undulates is burned in my mind.

miahera
oh poor poor Tima. she was so cute. radioboy. love your avatar.

Jace_Rave
is it worth buying it to watch it? cause i know where theres one copy and its been sitting there for months

WindDancer
I would highly recommend it. It is should be part of anyone's anime collection.

kanis
alien I've watched it twice and I've enjoyed it every time but I still can't get used to the animation style.

Black Adam
I can't stop loving you...

spoilers ahead.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QP6A91qoFi0

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.