REX's Super Hero RPG -- Terrorism in Pleasantville - Game I

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
-=<A League Begun - Part I>=-

"Have you set the bomb yet?" asked a Middle Eastern man in civilian dress, an AK-47 slung across his back.

"Almost, comrade..." replied his Russian terrorist partner, who had a Chicom SKS 56 across his own back. He sat on the floor in the main lobby of the tallest skyscraper of Pleasantville. "And the others?"

"Let me check..." The Iraqi terrorist took a walkie-talkie from his waistband and contacted his cohorts a few dozen floors up. "Have you set the bomb?"

"Yes, we are coming down now," a voice crackled over the walkie-talkie. "This explosion is going to be massive..."

"Hopefully it will take quite a few American lives..." the Iraqi muttered, putting the walkie-talkie away.

"Alright, the bomb is set!" the Russian shouts, heading for the exit of the building, his Iraqi companion behind. Thirty or so mercenaries and terrorists pour down the stairs just behind them, all carrying guns from the Soviet Union and Middle East, including assault rifles, pistols, and Uzis.

Suddenly, ten SWAT team enters through the windows, shattering glass and unleashing a great volley from M-16s and killing three the men at the stairs. The Russian man and another terrorist from the other group both hold up the detonators to the bombs.

"Let us out alive or everyone inside this building is going to die!" the Russian shouts. "On the count of three. One...two...thr..."

Suddenly, a reddish-yellow blur speeds through the room, taking the detonators out of the hands of the terrorists so damned fast that they don't realize it themselves. It is the Incredible Human Blur (Matrix_Neo), and he tosses the detonators to the ground.

"Shows over, creeps," he says defiantly. The Russian turns and gives the order for the terrorists to shoot.

GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT!!!

The SWAT all fall dead, slumping to the ground after being pumped full of wholes.

GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT!!!

The terrorists keep shooting at the Blur, but he is too fast. The bullets all just zip past him as he strafes with inhuman speed.

At this point, the other twelve varied super heroes move into the building...

-=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=-

Welcome, one and all, to my Super Hero RPG! Game I is entirely about duping terrorists and robbers and murders with your ultimately supurb powers, as I neatly gave the example of The Incredible Human Blur moving fast enough to dodge bullets with ease.

Here's the situation for this starting mission:

1) the terrorists have two bombs rigged in this massive building, so DO NOT let them blow everything up!

2) simple elimination mission, leave none alive!

3) and I make the rules, so do not assume that you kill people right off the bat...

4) 30 terrorists, 13 of you, should be simple...

Go!

Raventheonly
Raises hand and pulls the radio and magazines off of two patroling terrorist outside of the building without thier knowledge in preperation for our opening assault. From a nearby building and awaiting orders.

Darth Revan
Eagos checks his desert eagle to be sure it is loaded, tucks it neatly back into his jacket, cracks his neck back and forth, and walks into the building. "Showtime," he says, with a smirk.

SlickRick69
Sgt. Thunder locks and loads his M-203 with a modified 75 round banana-clip and -plunks- a tear gas grenade into the launcher, scanning the building exterior with all his helmet-goggle visual enhancement tools, infra-red, ultra-violet and heat-signature. (Can we assume that most folks who belong in the building are certain degrees cooler due to exposure to the A/C in the building, compared to hot-headed terrorists who just tore ass into the place, and are setting bombs and planning to escape the place before it goes up, so I can hope to pick out terrorists from hostages by hotter heat-signatures??)

Also, Thunder is waiting on more tactical information (PM to REX)gathering before proceeding further (probably hanging with Jason in the building across the street, if we're allowed to hang outside, and not forced to start inside the actual terrorist-held high-rise without first gathering more tactical info)

Arachnoidfreak
Xander is on a neighboring rooftop, scanning windows, emergency fire exits, normal exits, entrances, assesing all information, possible hostages and most stealthy ways in and out.

sees Jason handle two patroling guards. "those two are as good as dead. two down, 28 to go" Xander mutters.

waits to see who will make the next move, and will work from there.

"I hate using this crystal, but looks as if im going to rely quite a bit on it today."

watches Eagos enter the building.

Darth Revan
I can go before everybody else and use my mind powers to locate a few of the terrorists...

SlickRick69
~According to the intro/example, all the terrorists came down the stairs to exit the building, so they're all in the lobby with Blur and one of the bombs right now... easy pickings...

that's one of my questions to Rex...~

Trickster
Zack, The Jester, levitated himself through the window after The Human Blur, settling on the smashed glass.

rusky
Maddock looks up at the building sensing the terrorists inside...
"I will attempt to confuse them long enough for you to take them by surprise....go in now.."

Captain REX
SlickRick, here's your tactical information. The rest of you shall be updated after this...

Q: So, one bomb is in the lobby?

A: Indeed, that is the most obvious one, since it is sitting on the ground near the staircase.

Q: The second bomb is upstairs, not in some sub-basement level?

A: Once again, that is where the bomb is.

Q: Intro suggests that the terrorists are not suicidal martyrs... good to know...

A: Nope, they had the intent of getting the hell out of the building before activating those bombs, and you know their motives of killing lots of people...

Q: So all the terrorists, all 30 or so, are now in the lobby, easy pickings?
and (**) since they all just ran down a few dozen flights of stairs, they are probably pretty winded by this point... again, easy picking...

A: Yes, they'll be a bit winded, though, they took the elevator...

Q: Another example of unwillingness to die for their cause... a vital bit of info, tactically speaking, since we would now want to drive the terrorists further into the building and up and up and up, sealing their fates along with those American hostages, rather than standard military operation procedures of clearing a building from the top down, driving the enemy out into the open...

A: Correct.

Q: If this actually happened, the battle is 85% won since the terrorists are no longer in control of the detonators, so it's just a matter of picking off 30 fish in the lobby barrell...

A: Correct again. Simple first combat situation.

Q: So we actually START from somewhere in the building? All in the lobby facing all 30 terrorists or what? who decides where we are placed in the building at the start?? how much time to plot and plan our entrance strategy did we have before SWAT and Blur made their moves?

A: You are joining the dead SWAT, terrorists, and Blur in the lobby, and you don't really need a plan, though you will for future engagements...

Arachnoidfreak
"hmm...several superhumans have already arrived. probably to take out the terrorists. Better get the hostages out" Xander thinks to himself.

with that, he creates a bridge to the building's rooftop. he walks across and stands on the ledge of the roof, making a spiral staircase with his crystal, down to an open window, into a dark empty room.

"Lights arent on, everything is in order, no sweaty stench...terrorists havent been in this room. ill have to work my way down."

and Xander makes his way carefully down the secondary stairs, being sure to avoid any main pathways where he might be caught

Captain REX
Alright, updates...

Jason, since they aren't really paying attention until you are all on top of them, you pull their guns and everything dangerous from them, including bayonets, large knives, and grenades, with ease.

Eagos, you walk in, and the terrorists turn on you. Five open fire with three bursts each. Bursts are bursts of three. That's 45 live rounds comin at you. Xander is met with the same amount from another five.

Jason and Sgt. Thunder can be hanging across the street if you so desire.

The Jester's nifty levitation gets him through the window lickidy-split, and you are in the direct proximity of the Russian...

How do you plan to confuse them, Maddok? And they are all on the bottom floor...

As you can tell, this isn't a very organized attack for you guys. It is meant to show that you just arrived and it was a high-danger situation for "normal" folks.

VENOMfan
*Maverick refers to himself as 06, dont wanna confuse anybody*

06 was waiting inside another building Concentrating so if need be he could collapse the first floor, but he was postive the mission would go down perfectly

Arachnoidfreak
wait wait... you didnt read my entry? or are there enimies on the roof as well, where i was, firing at me? i wasnt starting from the bottom... unless you magically teleported me to the lobby...which would not be cool.

Captain REX
EDIT

Captain REX
My bad, Xander...

Xander, you easily make it to the top of the building. Plans?

06, collapsing the floor would detonate the bomb...

Arachnoidfreak
man this would be so much easier in live chat...anyway, back to the rpg...

Xander reaches the first room full of frightened hostages.

Edit...

Arachnoidfreak
grr...edit

Captain REX
Just to get things straight, Arachnoid, but I'm more in control of the plot, ya know? I could say that the exact opposite is happening with the hostages, or that there aren't any. There are, though, and they are scared of everything in general because they are sure that they are all going to die. Don't make assumptions, i.e. there's more than 14 hostages, and there are more in other rooms.

I run this like Ushgarak's games, but without the numbers and dice...

But, there are, indeed 20 hostages in the room you have entered. They all are wide-eyed, some panicking.

"Who are you?" one asks.

Arachnoidfreak
no disrespect but, like i said...much easier in live chat. and as a writer i tend to...well...write. my apologies for not straightening things out first. should i use the other thread you started to do so? the one where we all picked an explained our characters
and now, back to the action.

"Xander. I'm here to help. others are downstairs dealing with that situation. I can get you out of here quickly and safely"

Matrix_Neo
My name is blur not human blur!!

As blur takes the bomb he races outside and puts it in a garbage can in an empty sidewalk and bam it explodes and so does the garbage can he quickly comes back and at great speed bashes one of the terrorist and then he keeps on running in a circle creating a tornado and lifting the terrorist up.

~~Also I want my visual to look like my guy with the hood ok??~~

Trickster
Smiling, The Jester smashes his way into the man's mind, forcing him to drop any weapons/gadgets he is holding and rendering him incapable of movement as long as the mind lock is held and he isn't distracted too much.

Am I correct in thinking I am the only one with the Russian? That all the others are outside, in the lobby, or in two cases, on the roof?

Trickster
Neo, you sure you want to pull an obviously remote controlled bomb from wherever it is, which is sure to have anti-tamper devices on?

Matrix_Neo
BUt im too fast it didnt have the time to explode while I was holding it I was sooo fast!!

Arachnoidfreak
hmm..(can you use punctuation please? so much easier to read)

Captain REX
"Thank god," says the hostage, and they start to follow you. "Do you know where the others are?"

----

The Jester renders the man immobile, and the Russian is trying to fight back with his mind. Not working, and he stays still.

But, Jester, you are not alone with him. He's in the lobby with everyone else, after all.

(Incredible Human Blur sounded more like an introduction to the character, just my little add on...)

Blur, you are fast enough to dodge bullets, but you are DEFINITELY not fast enough to take the bomb out. Putting it in a dumpster wouldn't do anything, seeing as it is a rather large explosive...

You aren't going to be messing with the bombs anyway.

Captain REX
btw, quite alright, Xander, just making sure...

Raventheonly
Draws pistol and forms a barricade in front of the lobby so no stray fire hits anyone outside of the front of the building (since gun fire has already started apparently and they know we're here. (they don't have any powerful villans with the... just ordinary guys that we can just kill?)

Arachnoidfreak
"No, I do not know where the other hostages are Mr...? but i do have a plan."

Captain REX
These terrorists are basic mooks. No trouble at all in killing them...

xeous
If you've never seen Guyver you have no respect for the toughness so I'm not going to do what he'd do smile

Christen walks into the lobby as a civilian and ducks behind a wall.

"Guys...What are you getting out of this...Really?"

Meanwhile...The bionic suit takes over...Dun dun dun!

Captain REX
"Johnson, Steve Johnson, of the Daily Report..." Oh no, a reporter. So far, the Daily Report has only trashed you folks.

-----------

"The pure pleasure of killing you fools!" says the Iraqi to you, Guyver, who had been trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with the Russian, due to Jester's mind lock. He fires his AK-47 at you, six bursts.

Darth Revan
I hold my hand out in front of myself and stop the bullets in mid-air. Then I look around for anything (trash cans, debris, etc) to throw at the terrorists.

Captain REX
The bullets don't stop, but you manage to make them fly off in random directions, missing you completely, but shattering glass and blowing chunks out of the wood-panneled walls.

The you manage to throw a heavy glass lamp into one of the terrorists, and a large highback chair at another. The lamp hits one on the head to knock him out, and the chair collides with the other and keeps going, smashing him against the wall.

Two down, 28 to go...

Arachnoidfreak
(waiting for the hostage's response to my question)

Raventheonly
*Draws sword and guides it through several terrorists inside will covering the hostages from fire with shield from afar*

Arachnoidfreak
(thought i was securing the hostages)

Captain REX
Hostages aren't on your level, Jason, they are higher up with Xander. Your sword flies forwards and cuts through a terrorist's side, then through another's leg.

-------

"Johnson, Steve Johnson, of the Daily Report..." says the hostage to Xander, and, once again, I remind you that you don't like reporters, as they have been trashing you super human folks. "What's your plan? If we get out of this alive, it will make a great article..."

xeous
Can you tell us where the terrorists are? Are they bunched up, all together. Or are they in little groups? What's up, Rex? smile

Raventheonly
(but i went to the front of the lobby to barricade it when the element of surprise was lost)

Arachnoidfreak
"damn...reporter. I've heard of this guy. never has anything good to say. he says he will write a great article, but can i trust him? Probably not, but it doesnt matter, i have to get everyone out alive, I LOATHE these situations where i have to put my differences aside to save an innocent...well, if he doesnt keep his word, theres always paying him a visit during the middle of the night..." Xander thinks to himself."ok, i have to get through this, i dont know if the bombs have a back up timer, or are strictly remote controlled..."

"Alright, Mr. Johnson" Xander says with a subtley scynical undertone "My name is Xander" he says, trying to establish trust with those in the group willing to give it. "We are going to take side routes and secondary passageways, primary paths may be guarded, and very hostile. I can only handle maybe two guards at once while effectively protecting you. Cooperate and you will leave here alive. You need to stay together so I can generate a protecting field to shield you from stray gunfire. From the sound of things, theres alot of shooting going on. I do not know where the rest of the hostages are, so we are searching for, and picking them up on the way. Our final destination is the rooftop, from there i can get all of you away from here."

"Anyone have anything to say before we leave? If not, lets get moving"

Matrix_Neo
Blur starts to spin very very quickly in the lobby making a little tornado and lifting all the terrorist up he spind in the other direction to get them dizzy and another and another... then he stops and a very very black mark of his feet at because he stopped from such a run was seen on the floor and Blur sees the terrorist laying dizzy.

Matrix_Neo
"Ill take the hostages!!" he shouts as he runs very fast around the building searching for hostages.

Arachnoidfreak
dude. read the other thread.

xeous
(Baracades aren't a problem...)

Captain REX
(Jesus, again Neo?)

You run extremely fast, but the tornado is only big enough to through off a guy who is shooting at Eagos.

Raventheonly
(Baracade is to keep the bad guys in and bullets from hitting innocence outside of the battle.)
*Covers xeous with pistol as I follow him in. Shielding when fire is concentrated on us.*

Captain REX
Guyver, the terrorists are all bunched up at the stairs.

The barricade is a smart plan, Jason. Bulets from the terrorist SMGs thud dully into...a semitruck that's been used as the barricade? Sometimes you don't know your own strength mentally...

Matrix_Neo
But I saw flash make big tornados!

Arachnoidfreak
(dude, what are you, 12? you can make big tornadoes later. just concentrate on the job at hand...)

Matrix_Neo
Blur fastly gets up the stairs and bashes one of the terrorist he quicly runs back and fourth to dodge the incoming bullets and he bashed another one.

VENOMfan
*try posting these ideas in the other thread Neo this is clogging up the game, Flash can move ridiculously fast yeah. he's not based in normal physics. Quicksilver the Marvel version of Flash is still very fast. but he top's at 175 miles per hour*

Captain REX
You aren't the Flash, he's more experienced...

But now you are on the right track! Blur, in a mighty burst of speed that he usually has, sprints towards the stairs. The terrorists start concentrating on him because he is now dangerously close. Pfft, bullets? They'd need more than that to save themselves. You blur as if you were an Agent from the Matrix, but moving forwards. You punch, your fist smashing across his face four times in a matter of seconds. You then dash away, a bullet grazing your thigh but doing nothing to you. Another terrorist gets a running blow from you, taking him down with five blows to the stomach.

That's another two down.

xeous
Guyver begins to walk straight towards the terrorists and when they raise their guns to shoot, he teleports...But to where?(Yeah, I added a power to make him "superhuman"...So sue me! stick out tongue )

One of the terrorists'(in the back) head is sliced off, it rolls down the steps.

Guyver teleports back behind the wall.

EDIT: If you want to get technical, the power was already there when I created the character...So I added nothing. smile

Matrix_Neo
Blur quickly runs alover the room taking the terrorists guns as he does he quickly throws them out the window speeds up at a terrorist and hits him 3 punches on a face and an ankle on his stomach it looked like when smith was hitting Neo very fast in THe matrix episode 1.

Captain REX
Teleporation is fine...

The terrorists that had been concentrating on you now panick, seeing that you...have completey vanished?

Swish!

The man's head rolls down the stairs, and his body follows.

-----

"Aren't you the fre..." Steve Johnson refrains himself from a certain word that I'm sure you know. "Aren't you the guy who can make anything? Does that include bullet-proof walls?" He has his notepad out. Obviously he has been jotting down stuff about the terrorist attack, but, according to him, things just keep getting better and better...

Captain REX
(Alright, Neo, you CANNOT DO THAT. You aren't going to be able to disarm every single terrorist in one post. If you are going to have "ideas", post them in the other thread, and I'll approve them.

I hope to God that you don't do that in Ush's game...)

You want to attack or WORK ON disarming?

xeous
Rex, how powerful are these bombs?

VENOMfan
06 listened to the Harmony of gunfire and breaking glass. He patiently waited for the hostages rescue to come to a close. He sat and watched the ceiling shake and tiny trails of dust fell as even more gunfire rang threw the street

Captain REX
Guyver, they can take down the building and maybe some buildings next door.

It is quite a fight going on in there, 06. Lots of gunfire coming from those terrorists, though you can't see anything due to Jason's barricade that he put up to protect civilians and cops.

Raventheonly
*Followed Guyver with hand on shoulder while he teleports but as soon as in the building follow him down the stairs and takes a prone position continuing to fire pistol.*
*Watches head, roll*
"Nice"

VENOMfan
* I know, he's in another building. watching the ceiling crumble kinda like watching the paint dry

Arachnoidfreak
"Yes, bullet-proof barriers, bubbles that encase a roomfull of people...just about any object i can think of, and i can control all of my objects quite well, I have more experience than you know...Is that all? If you want a briefing of what the others are doing to help, i couldn't tell you, i dont have telepathic powers. We must go now. Any futher questions i can answer on the way. Let's Go." Xander says aloud, "Though i wish i did have telepathy right now...what is that guy up to?" he thinks to himself.

and so, Xander creates the bullet-proof bubble, and leads them to several other rooms, hoping he finds the rest of the hostages quickly. of course, he can only hope for so much.

Raventheonly
(Who? i'm walking down the stairs with gyver into the lobby, he just waisted a terrorist)

xeous
**They** can take down a building...How powerful is one?

Raventheonly
)Strong enough to take out half a building which is basically the whole building and us)

Captain REX
"Can we breath in this bubble? Will air ever run out in here?" Reporter Johnson asks. "Have you ever had any accidents?"

You find a group of hostages, only ten this time, in a room a floor or two down. No terrorists, seeing as Sgt. Thunder has deducted that they are not, in fact, suicidal martyrs.

-----

Guyver and Jason are now behind a wall, after Guyver's second teleportation. Still in the lobby, though.

Darth Revan
Eagos grabs two of the terrorist's heads from across the room and cracks them together, before pulling whatever weapons they have off them and throwing them across the room.

xeous
*Screw this subtle $hit* Guyver thinks to himself(He can't talk in the suit, remember)

He teleports into the middle of the group and starts spinning, slicing, anything he can do to mince up the terrorists, when they start shooting, he teleports back out and lets them shoot each other.

Arachnoidfreak
"Yes, i can let air in. I told you, i have complete control over my powers." Xander says, trying to calm the newcomers to the group. "We will search a few more floors and rooms, and then we are heading upwards, to the roof. Judging from the sound of the gunfire, all the terrorists' resources are going to the battle in the lobby, the roof is the safest way out."

"Haven't had an accident yet" Xander adds, straight-faced, but lying through his teeth.

Darth Revan
((am I the only telepathic one in the group?))

Raventheonly
*Continues down the stairs realizing the rest of the guys are slaughtering the terrorists and turns to find more hostages. And perhaps the 2nd bomb.*

(I'm telekinetic... but not telepathic to your level)

Arachnoidfreak
(you and Trickster)

(Raven,<Jason> I'm with the Hostages, upstairs, while you are in the lobby. please read the entire thread and the other thread)

Captain REX
Safe to say that they start moving away from Guyver, as three fall and another is injured. 23 terrorists left, and one is injured by Guyver.

I'm sorry, that's 21 terrorists left, as two mysteriously collide as Eagos uses his powers to slam the two confused men together. They fall unconscious.

------------------

"How are we going to get off the roof? That's 100 stories above the street," Reporter Johnson asks as everyone moves along. "And what if we suddenly stumbled upon a bunch of terrorist? Would the bubble hold against hundreds of bullets?"

Arachnoidfreak
"I can make ANY object. Use your brain. I am going to make a bridge, with rails and treading if you prefer, to a neighboring rooftop. i doubt that will be far enough if the building happens to collapse. we will most likely cross rooftops for a few blocks, then you can climb down the stairwells to the strreet, and to any family you may have."

"Yes, it will hold against hundreds of bullets, it has held up against much worse. I need you to trust me and cooperate to make this quick and simple." Xander replies, now getting irritated at his constant questioning.

"Alright, are there no more hostages?" Xander thinks to himself, "maybe i can finally get out of here, and away from this idiot."

xeous
Taps whoever is with me on the shoulder and motions to shoot when I come back.

Guyver starts walking towards the terrorists again then teleports back behind the wall...Hopefully they think that He's going to appear behind them again so that "What's his name" can shoot them.

Captain REX
Another update...

Jason starts heading up the stairs. You can sense people higher up, but lower than where you can sense Xander's strange mind. Bombs aren't alive, and, therefore, cannot be sensed. You'll have to search for it.

Guyver, your teleportion out of danger causes the terrorists to shoot at each other, as planned. No one goes down, though.

Seeing as Jason has moved on, Guyver, that would be Blur and Jester, neither have guns. My brother, BB, asked for him to be in the lobby, so he'll probably be with you two. He's a Gunner.

You do the teleporting trick once again, and they do indeed turn...well, half of them, anyway...

Bespin Bart
(Here it goes...)

Capone nods as he sees what Guyver has in mind, then marches behind him, twin Thomspon SMGs out and fully loaded. As Guyver suddenly disappears, Capone opens a spray of bullets at the terrorists on the stairs, then strafes to cover behind the wall that Guyver teleported to.

"Gee, this is fun, eh?" Capone says, then remembers that Guyver can't talk. He leans out and shoots from cover.

Captain REX
Guyver vanishes, leaving the terrorists confused, but still shooting at everything.

Luckily, the ones who did not turn around to look for Guyver have to reload, Capone! You and your gangster guns mow down five before they realize what's happening. You make it to cover safely.

16 terrorists left.

bobcrickett
Vanish takes a sip of coffee from the cafe across the street, where 06 is.

"Well, I'm going in, you men don't know how to handle things," she says teasingly, and heads in. She turns invisible and walks through the walls of the building, then materializes in the building, joining Capone and Guyver.

"Looks like you guys are in a bit of trouble," she says, spooking them by reappearing right next to them.

Bespin Bart
Capone turns and nearly pulls the triggers on Vanish.

"Jesus, woman, how many times have I told you not to do that?" he barks, taking potshots from behind cover.

xeous
Guyver starts sprinting at the terrorists, full steam. This time, instead of teleporting, he just barrels into them, slicing and dicing. After a few are winged, he vanishes once again...This time to help out Xander and the hostages.

Matrix_Neo
Im going to sleep bye

Matrix_Neo
Dont continue without me plz

Captain REX
(Don't make posts like that in here, Neo...g'night...)

Guyver, you cut down three. You are splattered with blood as two lose arms and another has his jugular cut open. You teleport to Xander.

VENOMfan
"lordy even more chaos, such a lucky bunch they are" 06 thought to himself.
he used the radio in his mask to bring up some Slipknot while he waited
*he can still hear radio transmition*

Arachnoidfreak
"WHOA. I recognize you. You're...Guyver, right? Hi. I can use your assistance. We can make evacuation twice as fast. Can you continue searching for hostages while i take this group to the roof? in a building this big, there must be more than 30 (which is what i have here in the bubble). If you find any, you can just teleport with them to the roof, and I'll escort them across the bridge to safety. Tell me when you are all done" Xander says confidently

"wierd...im not usually a team player...diffrences aside i guess..." he thinks to himself

xeous
Guyver shakes his head.

He grabbs a hostage's hand, and another's hand. He nodds towards the others hands and shakes his, still gripping the hostages...

Captain REX
"Hey, that guy's covered in blood!" Reporter Johnson says. Guyver is quite menacing to look upon with all that blood on him, and his fearsome suit. "What is going on down there?" Johnson continues jotting down notes, and you have a feeling they aren't good, Xander...

Guyver, the hostages unwillingly take your hands.

xeous
Guyver teleports the hostages to safety and immeadiatly comes back to Xander.

Captain REX
You leave the two standing on the roof, and then return.

I suggest taking more at once...

xeous
Ummm...the rest were supposed to join hands, making a large circle...Thus the motioning with the hands and head.

Darth Revan
((hey Rex... a question... can I do "mind tricks" and convince one of these guys to do something he wouldn't normally do?))

SlickRick69
At some point ((between pages 1 and 3)), after everyone else has entered the fray, but before the semi-truck and trailer moves across the entrance to barricade the whole gang inside the building, Sgt. Thunder will make his move.

Maybe seeing the unmanned big rig moving is what cues him to cross the street and enter the building, or maybe just the rapid fire bursts of bullets that shatter the glass windows of the lobby. Whatever the reason or motivation, Thunder rolls across the street and ducks inside the seized building, following the bulk of his fellow super heroes on the ground floor.

Considering all the action and what not, Thunder wonders about plunking down a tear-gas grenade in the midst of the largest grouping of terrorists. It might not be such a bad idea to keep 1 or 2 of these guys alive, maybe... since they obviously were not intending to suicide themselves, they might have other bigger plans in mind to follow-up this little stunt...

Once Blur makes his little whirly-winds, Thunder decides he could get away with his plan, without gassing his own people, if Blur was in on the gag...

"GAS! GAS! GAS! Incoming!" Thunder shouts, following up with a commanding suggestion "Blur, keep the gas contained!" as he launches the grenade into the largest group of terrorists..

(assuming we're down to the 16 or 12 remaining, just for simplicity sake)

Whether or not the gas works, Thunder then decides it's close-quarters combat from here on, ducks behind some cover ( a pillar, an overturned table, a large statue of a duck... whatever...) , shucks his M-203 to the ground and draws out twin 9mm pistols, engaging the targeting computer in his high-tech military spec prototype goggles...

then, he waits for a clear shot, humming the tune to KISS's 'Love Gun', revving himself up for further carnage to come...

(I know, long post, lots of actions, but I'm just catching up after 5 pages... sue me!) eek! roll eyes (sarcastic) embarrasment

rusky
Maddock heads towards the rooms with the hostages, using his mind powers to prevent the terrorists from seeing him... as he goes up he also keeps an eye out for the detonators

Arachnoidfreak
"Nice job showoff...i mean Guyver. covered in blood and you just wisked away two hostages. the rest of the group will never trust you now. just guard my back while i take these 28 to the roof. I've lost my patience already."

Xander escorts the group to the roof, and sees the two hostages that Guyver left there. "you two, come with me. we are leaving. Now."

He seamlessly transforms the protective bubble into a sturdy looking bridge, complete with 4 foot railings, and traction. "lets go, everyone across" he says sternly, still not happy about Guyver's thoughtless actions, knowing full well the negative media attention the group of superheros will get from it.

"negative media means the people will want protection from US as well. the governement will eventually send in military against us, making things that much harder. part of the reason why i remain a loner... rather be alone than with a team with the collective IQ of a bag of Fritos." Xander wrongly judges, not even knowing the entire group.

Captain REX
My bad, Guyver. You can have taken twenty already, then. Twenty shall be max.

"That's a nice trick, what's your name?" asks Reporter Johnson. He listens to Xander's rant, then jots down more notes.

You haven't been with this group of superhumans very long, Xander, though you know that they all have problems with team work.

You teleport with Guyver to the roof and form the greenish bridge. The people look skeptical, but then step forwards...

"Freeze!" orders a SWAT in a large helicopter that just landed. "Are you crazy? Get those people into this helicopter..."

-----------

Sgt. Thunder, you can still get in, but you'd have to combat crawl under the semi.

Plunk! The tear gas grenade flies into the crowd of terrorists. Unfortunately, the effects aren't immediate, and some of them start shooting at you.

Eagos, you can do mind tricks to an extent, just like the Jedi.

Maddock, the detonators are downstairs in the middle of the firefight, but you can have gotten upstairs by leaping over them unseen.

xeous
Guyver shakes his head at Xander's little rant and then goes back into the building, looking for the second bomb.

rusky
Once in the room with the hostages, Maddock attempts to calm them down by removing some of the fear from their minds telepathically. He then sends them upwards to the roof in an orderly fashion.

SlickRick69
Sgt Thunder will be scanning for the leaders (the Mad Russian and the Insane Iraqi) while returning fire against those who fired on my position, using my twin 9-mm pistols, targeting heads and shooting-arm shoulders, waiting for Blur, or to see how well the tear gas works without Blur...

VENOMfan
06 heard the faint sound of a helicopter over the fast paced heavey metal track.
if things went well or tunred south He figured things would rap up shortly

Arachnoidfreak
"Apparently, none of them care that the media will make them out to be bad guys, making things much more complicated. Arrogant lit...oh, Great. SWAT. exactly what i need" Xander thinks to himself, sarcastically.

"Fine. Take them." Xander tells the man from the helicopter. "i have other business to attend to anyway."

"Have a nice flight Mr. Johnson" he added, with a sarcastic undertone.

Matrix_Neo
Blur races toward another two terrrorist and he hits one with his left and the other with his right then he ankkles the left terrorist in the stomach and hits the right one in the face and then he started running in a circle creating a tiny wirlwind which kept the gas from the bomb in the room so the terrorist had a lousy aim.

(Captain Rex I allow you to control my char when Im absent because most of the time in my life time I go to school...)

Darth Revan
Eagos mentally scans the room to see if he can locate the two leaders (mentioned in the first post) of the group. As he does so, he takes out his desert eagle and starts shooting.

Captain REX
Maddock, you have not found them yet. Like Jason, you sense that they are higher up.

Guyver, you don't need to find the bomb, at least, not yet. Stay with Xander, help him with hostages.

Sgt. Thunder takes down a terrorist easily with a head shot. 15 terrorists left. The Russian is still held by The Jester's mind lock, but the Iraqi is going strong with his AK, and shoots at Jester to free the Russian. Jester is forced to release him or be injured, so the Russian brings out his Chicom and starts firing at Sgt. Thunder.

The Iraqi and the Russian are not an average mook, and is actually somewhat dangerous, so beware.

Blur's punches and kicks are lightning fast and take down the terrorists, leaving 13 and the 2 leaders. He creates the whirlwind for Sgt. Thunder's gas, and it's good! The gas swirls around the terrorists, who start gagging. Most manage to get out of the gas, but either way they are thrown off balance by the mini-whirlwind. The seven trapped in the whirlwind surrender.

6 terrorists left, and the Iraqi and the Russian.

Captain REX
Johnson smiles and then turns to the pilot.

"Pilot, can I stay? I'm a reporter for the Daily Report, I think I should be writing a great article if I'm with the heroes of the day..." Reporter Johnson says.

"Well, that's up to the superhumans here," says the pilot. The pilot supports you, as he has helped you folks before.

Darth Revan
Eagos pulls the Russian's gun out of his hand, then the Iraqi's.

Arachnoidfreak
"Come along if you wish,but be aware that you are responisble for yourself. if you stray and we cant protect you, you are on your own Johnson. we dont know where the other hostages are, or if there even are any, and we will be searching the entire building. If you think you can handle it, come along" Xander replies, nearly making it obvious that he dislikes the reporter, and isn't really concerned for the reporter's safety.

Matrix_Neo
Blur takes a Ak out of a terrorist and hits his head with it fast then he races toward the Iragi and hits him on the head with the AK.

Raventheonly
*Continues up the stairs avoiding fire and firing pistol to keep terrorist heads down as he searches for the hostages higher up. passes a flight of stairs and bends them to hamper any terrorsts from following while in search of the bomb and civilians (easily bent back for most of the heroes by the way for passage)*

xeous
Guyver begins searching for other hostages...

Raventheonly
"Bloody stairs... why do i always end up climbing stairs"
*Terrorists pops out form above and AK collapses in his hand with a clench of my fist as a rough it up the stairs flicking my wrist causing him to tumble down behind me*

SlickRick69
Sgt. Thunder activates his displacer cloak, and fades away, Predator-style, for 30 minutes, or until they have captured and contained the crazed leaders. Which is his next objective, so he slinks back to the floor, in combat crawl, invisible, making way around back of the MAd Russian before he regains his composure after the mind lock is broken...

BakaXero
~hope no one minds that i started late....~
a strage figure approaches the terrorist infested building
"hmm... hope they left some for me"
he noticed the building was had been barracaded.
"thats no good... now i have to find another way in"
pulling out his two daggers, and used them to make his vertical accent up the side of the building.

Trickster
The Jester dodges out the way of the Iraqi's fire, throwing up his hand, in an attempt to slam his backward and away from him.(telekinesis) Turning to the Russian he pulls the gun away from him, trying to re-establish the midock and force the terrorist to run into the tear gas.

BakaXero
"hmm..."
Ryuichi looked trough one of the window
"no one... perfect!"
Ryuichi broke the window an made his entry

rusky
Maddock continues on his way to the hostages...staying undetected..

Raventheonly
"Wereever there are bad guys there are important targets"
*Preps pistol and listens for footsteps... as he turns and stops at the top of the stair case *
"they had to have heard that guy scream"

Captain REX
He jots down more notes, Xander.

"Good, let's go."

----------

Eagos, you easily disarm the Iraqi and the Russian.

No terrorists upstairs, Jason, so no worries.

Stray Wolf is now making the vertical ascent to a window, and now smashes through. Indeed, no one there, except Jason, who has now reached your level, which is the fifth floor, via stairs.

Blur, you charge down the Iraqi AFTER Eagos disarms him. You snap a man's arm and disarm him (4 terrorists left), and swing at the Iraqi. But, at the last moment, he drops low and a knife cuts through your leg. Ouch!

Matrix_Neo
(Can I speed to my left side not to get hit??)

rusky
Rex...have I reached the hostages already ?

Raventheonly
( i bet the final bombs are rigged to the fnal hostages because they have no guards... no ones stupid enough to leave them un guarded.)

continues up stairs and links up with stray wolf.

Arachnoidfreak
"Please keep up Mr. Johnson" Xander says searching the building from the roof down. Floor after floor, Xander searches the rooms along with Guyver and Johnson.

xeous
Guyver CONTINUES to look for more hostages/terrorists.

BakaXero
looks at Jason then nod
and follows him to find the hostages

Trickster

Matrix_Neo
Blur gets mad at the irage and hits him 5 times in the face and kicks him 2 times in the stomach he then sat down a little and said "Damn does anybody have a bandage??"

Captain REX
Maddock, Jason, Stray Wolf, Xander, and Guyver, with Reporter Johnson tagging along, now find the last hostages! And, as Jason predicted, they have the bomb in the room with them, and they are all gagged and bound.

Looks like there was a terrorist in the building after all! He sits in the corner, doing nothing...

Upon your entry, he looks up.

"Ah, you've arrived." He gets to his feet.

-------------

Jester, you leap away, the Russian already disarmed by Eagos, but your telekinetic push throws off Blur's next barrage of punches! Both Blur and the Iraqi go flying against a wall with a crunch or two.

The mindlock is easily redone...but suddenly you can't seem to feel the Russian's mind...it is broken again.

Jester, I feel your presence, do you feel mine? says a voice at the back of your head.

Arachnoidfreak
"Who are you?" asks Xander, cautiously getting his zanbatou ready

Matrix_Neo
Limping because of his wound Bllur takes the power he has left and runs fast to the place the hostages where he then crouched a little because of the pain.

General Zink
Switchblade walks up to the building, pulling out his knives. "Seems like most things are wrapping up..."

Captain REX
The man steps forwards, chuckling softly in a raspy voice.

"I am just a man who has friends in interesting places," he says. "Terrorists, robbers, murderers, and the like..."

The Mental templates, Jason and Maddok, are getting a nawing feeling that he is not a very good person...

-----------

Blur, you aren't going to be able to do that, still got the terrorists to deal with. And you've been thrown against a wall!

Matrix_Neo
Wait can you please tell me what happend to me again!! Beause im getting confused.

Captain REX
You charged the Iraqi, he slashed your leg, you tried to attack but Jester's attack on the Iraqi was uncontrolled and involved you, throwing you and the Iraqi against a wall.

Raventheonly
(K)
*Yet the overwhelming dread about the new enemy tells his nearby allies telepathically*
"we are going to need as many of us as we can get together."

Captain REX
Blur isn't there with you, Jason...not yet...

Matrix_Neo
As blur hits the wall and falls down he sais "Long time I didnt use a gun..." as he crouched he took the AK that he tried to hit the Iraqi with and started firing it at the remaining terrorists.

Captain REX
Firing guns isn't your strong point, Blur, but you manage to hit one! He fires back!

Matrix_Neo
That bastard!! as Blur sees one of them pulling a triger he shouts "A LITTLE HELP HERE WILL BE USEFULL.."

Raventheonly
(whos where.. like with the new villian or down stairs in the lobby)
*begins loading magazine, yet lets the bad guy speak and waits for either side to move*

Captain REX
Shots are now...coming...your...way...

You easily blur (no pun intended) out of the way.

Raventheonly
*puts gun in holster but puts hand on pummel of sword waiting for the usually villian speech and the heroes response*
*sensing this guy isn't going down without a fight, and his fight will be enough*

Matrix_Neo
(So can I run in this condition captain rex??)

Captain REX
The man looks to you, Jason. His eyes are piercing and light bluish-gray.

"What's the matter, Jason?" he asks.

Raventheonly
*Raises hand quickly and tosses the hostages quickly towards the stair cases raising other to shield them from what... i can't tell... an ora the villian emmitts* (sensing now he reads minds and only quick action will solve this)

Arachnoidfreak
Xander observes quietly, clenching his left hand into a fist.

Matrix_Neo
Blur shoots with his AK again it was the best he can do... He could not fight in this condition.

Raventheonly
*sensing telepathy is useless speaks out loud*
"do not underestimate him"
"you all know what to do"
*draws sword*

Matrix_Neo
"COMEONE JESUS JASON SOMEONE A LITTLE HELP!!" he shouted as he felt the pain in his leg and saw a terrorist who was about to shoot him back.

Raventheonly
(I thought someone was down there with you... there are like 13 heroes... lol.. we are kinda busy up here not that you aren;t important but i thought there were no more terrorist left?)

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>