The Hobbit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

whiteknight
I read recently on Empire magazine website that a date has been set down for The Hobbit. It says release date 31 December 2007.

Does anyone know more about this? Are all they waiting for is for the copyright mumbo to be sorted and then its on the home straight?

"Weather it be by the sword or the slow decay of time, Aragorn will die. An image of the splender of the kings undimed before the breaking of the world"
*Elrond in The Two Towers*

Does cinema get any better than that?

johnny.d girl
i havn't read the hobbit yet......oh and btw....the americans wouldn't of eva hered of the "Empire" mag!!!!!.....i do i'm auzzie as well big grin

Myth
Did any of you see that fake trailer for the Hobbit? Just curious because my friends showed me a while ago and thought it was real.

BackFire
I've heard Peter Jackson really wants to make it, but Tolkien Estates don't want to give him the rights to it.

Machete_guy
yeah when he was being interviewed he said he might do it. But he also said it might spoil the trilogy. i reckon they should of made the hobbit first.

Fire
the hobbit really isn't necessairy for lotr, it would help to explain a few things but necessairy

ragesRemorse
I think the hobbit would be a waste, seeing how we have the trilogy. All the meat and patatoes are in the trilogy. Nothing that interesting happens in the hobbit, i mean it is a nice story and all, but there is better EVERYTHING in the trilogy

Discos
The Hobbit is a childrens tale, I think it would be more for a childrnes age but us die hard-ians would definetly go see it smile

PJ is doing King Kong for his next movie,Hobbit is sure to be getting made though, Tolkien Estates have already given permission I believe

Sauron
it explains how bilbo found the ring.

im just hoping it takes the unfinished tales route of the story, and shows gandalf wanting to get rid of smaug because sauron could use him for evil purposes.

not for the reason of a couple of dwarves wanting to avenge their dead relatives and get some money while doing it.

also, PJ is going to have trouble with the trolls.

in fotr when we see 'mr bilbos trolls' they look exactly like the cave troll larter on in moria.

even though they are mountain trolls, jackson made them look the same.

i dont think fans will buy the whole evil looking trolls making jokes talking and carrying wallets in their loincloths.

Cynethryth
Nope,
there are several trailers around on the net and they're all fakes.

I hope they don't do the Hobbit no I really loved the book, but I don't think it's the right book to make a film of it, it's kinda ... unnecessary. I don't know if the The Hobbit wouldn't rather be a big disappointment... especially if they already want to show it 2007 messed 3 years are just... not enough time, such a project should get more.
Not really happy with that.

Sauron
http://www.framecaplib.com/lotrlib/html/episodes/images/fotr/fotr0576.htm

Agent Elrond
I would like to see the Hobbit be a movie. It's a cool story and would show another part of Middle Earth not seen in LotR, maily Mirkwood and the Lonely Mt. It shouldn't be too difficult to convert to a movie. It's very general-audiance friendly since it doesn't have too many names of places and people.

Smodden
*is scared to click chris' link*...

dude..you share your first name with the evil one...messed

Agent Elrond
who?

Smodden
sauron's name is chris....as is the evil one: Christopher Tolkien

Agent Elrond
not all Chris's are evil

Drifter101
the hobbit would do some good to the trillogy, and i dont think it really to be a childrens tale, there is death and war in the book, not really for children, i believe it would be nice to do it but they would have to make it seem like the trillogy, and they should do it soon, because the lead actors are getting older, and if they want bilbo to seem young they should get ian holm now, while he still can pull off a 30 year old age reduction, i think hes in his late 70's

xmen fan
i am so looking forward to seeing it!

A.D. Skinner
What is the purpose of Hollywood taking every single good book out there and making a movie out of it. The whole purpose of a book is to exercise one's imagination. When a movie is made of that book, our imagination is not allowed to expand for now the director, the product company, and the screenwriters have etched their imagination into History.

Thorondor
@ad

it's because writers can't think of their own films so they steal it from books. Not that im complaining because they are usually quite good.

A.D. Skinner
Movies are sometimes good, but sometimes they destroy what was so pure in our minds and our own imaginations.

Discos
yep thats also a downer AD ^^

yet they are even still using comic books to make films roll eyes (sarcastic)

Discos - which sucks

Sauron
click it smodden
its mr bilbos trolls in their debut film appearance in fotr yes

now i cant see them talking and joking...can you?

Discos
you simply did that because I ask......yep all me, me it was

Discos - attention seeker?....certainly not

Sauron
yes. it was him! whatever is on the other side of that link is all thanks to discos

*points at discos while getting storm to change link to something that installs spyware*

Discos
mwahahaha, fall by the wrath of the hobbit secrets.....virus!

The Hobbit is a great book to read, mostly because it is easy writing and non the the extreme "only cyn and shadowy knows" writing

Cynethryth
laughing laughing laughing !

xmen fan
ok i heard they're making that movie then it's over,gunna be a sad day when it is! sad

Nienna
But I think that there will be others that do LOTR smile Not just NLC.

I really hope that they make a Silmarillion movie, eek! I don't care how long it is...I just hope that they don't mess it up messed (if they do it)

Discos
No chance, I am against a movier of the silmarillion, unless it was in chapters....ya cant have the silmarillion into one film confused

Agent Elrond
no way. way too longer, and complicated, though I'm for it if they can do it right. (assuming PJ doesn't pull a George Lucus)

Discos
He best not pull one of those no

anyways I am totally against the silmarillion being turned to a book

Cynethryth
The Sil turned to a book?

blink blink

......... however, I also hope they won't make a movie of the Silmarillion no

Thorondor
@discoslaughing

and yeah cyn i agree

Discos
embarrasment ....ballocks

I meant turned into a film

Discos - although I could keep my dignity and protest it being a book to begin with blink

grishnakah
2007 ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! thats way too long

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.