Texas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
I wanna talk about this people. So let's not start talking about weather and boxes, okay?

I find it very disturbing when something like this happens. The notion that someone can walk away from everthing troubles me. How long did Tex know he was gonna leave. He never said anything to anyone?

I wonder if we had missed any cries for help (if there were any).

This sucks.

Dim
Well, I for one am guessing that it is not as horrible as we think..or atleast I'm hoping not. Alot of young people run off somewhere thinking they're going to get away from their parents but find out that is a little tougher than they had thought it would beand then the adventure will be over... I figure if it gets too bad he knows he can call home and even though his parents will be pissed at him they're not going to just abandon him out there.. they'll help him get home.

LadyEowyn
i think this was something on the spur of the moment.in his last message, its like he didnt have enough time to rite full sentences. maybe he'll be succesful in his trip, but most likely you dont have a clue what to do when you quit school. i just hope nothing bad happens.

ToMacco
Well, he's not really a kid anymore.

Running away from home is something you do when your sixteen and angry. He's 20. He should know better, or at least have some plans for Seattle.

LanceWindu
Why did everything change when I went away??? Please stop the change!!!

Captain REX
It happens a lot. I was away for 2 hours and I come back and threads that were one page are locked with 7.

I wonder if he has a girlfriend in Seattle or something. confused

ToMacco
Didn't sound like it. Sounds to me that he's pissed with his life, and thinks he can change it by running away.

Foolish.

LanceWindu
He's going to mess up everything he had done in his life.

Captain REX
Then he'll go home to his parents, say he's sorry, and he'll be back online. Yeah!

LanceWindu
Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!

keokiswahine
well, he may have gotten mad over something.
or he just got tired with school (assuming he was a student).
or he just got the midwinter blues cabin fever, and wanted to escape life.

He'll find that he cannot escape life; life goes on, with him or without him. If he didn't have very much money, he'll be hungry and cold, soon.

I hope he actually calls home, whether he needs help from his parents or not, or call a friend or any family matter. Friends and family, including us, worry when one of us goes off on a wild tangent. and I hope he's not too proud to come home, cuz you can't come home until you leave home. Now that he's left home, hope he returns home and to school and to us, soon.

*prays for his safety*

ToMacco
Yes. I hope he is alright, too.

I hope he had enough decency to leave a note for his parents or something. That's not cool to leave them like that. sad

finti
Strange he want to leave the town he has bragged so much about. Guess we will see him as Seattle now

ToMacco
He'll be back after he sees Episode II. He won't be able to resist the conversations.

Plus, he'll miss arguing about that **** Bjork. rolling on floor laughing

mechmoggy
I'm guessing he's gonna be alright. I left home at 16 to get away from family grief and it taught me a hell of a lot. Never ran away in secret though and I feel that may be a little unfair on his parents.

There's nothing quite like facing the big bad world alone for the first time .

finti
aint that the truth

mechmoggy
To tell the truth, I scared myself a little there just talking about it. Come home soon Tex, we loves ya. big grin

Captain REX
Hey Mech, maybe you can kidnap him and bring him back using your stealth. big grin

yerssot
Those Americans... inpredictable, he can be back in a week, or a year, perhaps never...

ToMacco
See what happens when you obsess about Bjork? You go cucu, and run away.

Gundark
Okay, I just went and read the nine pages of the Texas thread....

Talk about short notice....you think he would have talked about it a little bit more. I wish he would have told his parents...they're gonna be freaking. Hope he left them a note anyway. There's enough people on milk cartons now as it is you know.

ToMacco
Yeah, Gundy, that's true.

He's old enough now where he shouldn't have to sneak off in the middle of the night like that.

It kind of makes me mad that he didn't tell his folks.

LadyEowyn
do you think he was scared to talk to his parents. i mean, he could have left even if they told him no.

ToMacco
Sounds to me like he flunked out of school, then was too scared to face the music, so he took off with his buddy.

Ushgarak
It would have been too much hassle and too embarrassing to talk to his parents. When you leave home like that, you are in a mindset that can be hard to understand.

LadyEowyn
i wouldnt know. i like my family to much to even think about running away. too bad he didnt have the same feelings

yerssot
that's your opinion now

LadyEowyn
which is why i said texas probably didnt feel the way i do. and maybe half of the people here dont.

yerssot
my bad, sorry

ToMacco
When Tex gets back here, let's chew his ass out.

keokiswahine
after we hug him and welcome him home. Then, it's butt chewing time.

Ratcat
What if he never comes back......

ToMacco
RC, I hope he does. sad

mechmoggy
RC does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.

keokiswahine
We are his other family; he will contact us sometime. Remember, he told us he was leaving, unlike him not telling his own family. It's just WHEN he contacts us; hope it's soon. *prays for his safety*

yerssot
Can I be the uncle? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE???

Raz
Sometime in the future, he *will* get some sort of internet access - and I'm sure he will drop us a line smile

yerssot
you forgot to wave your hand Raz wink

well ... what can I say ...?
In reality it's virtuality

mah
roll eyes (sarcastic) smile

Ushgarak
You could have said "Urgh flibble wibble," yerss, it would have made as much sense.

yerssot
hey! I have never called you Urgh flibble wibble Ush!
No need to be so rude!

queeq
I just finally had a chance to read Texas "Dear John" thread.... Kinda odd, but exciting too.

yerssot
Dear John?
And wich John might that be?
King John? Johan John? KING KONG?

queeq
You know your French, but not your English.

yerssot

queeq
We stopped doing that a long time ago.

yerssot
the first part?
or guessing what I'm typing?

queeq
All of the above. big grin

yerssot
*looks at the sky*
where?

ToMacco
I miss that Bjork obsessed bastard.

Like right now. I'm here by myself. All of you overseas are sleeping. I think LanceW is the only other person in my timezone, and he's not here.

Oh, wherefor art thou Tex rolling on floor laughing

keokiswahine
so, mods, please don't lock this thread, so Tex can find it and post in it when decides to check in with us.

Tex, please call your folks and let them know you are alive and well. Parents do worry. and please check in here, so we won't worry, too. thanks. smile smokin' rolling on floor laughing

Ratcat
I'm sorry, but if a 20 year old man has such a bad relationship with his own parents that he has to run away like that then I seriously doubt that this board is the most important thing on his mind.

Besides, he is an adult, not a child.... Any concerns people have, whilst very sweet, are probably unfounded.

Gundark
I agree with Raz. I'm sure he'll check in at some point, from a coffee shop or something.

Never thought I'd miss talking about Bjork.....

keokiswahine
just wait until your kids do that to you; doesn't make a difference how old they are. They're still your kids. If he had told his parents he was heading out on an adventure, then there is normal concern for safety, not worried if he's alive or not. When a person just leaves, parents do worry.

Ratcat
I would hope that my relationship with my children wouldn't break down to such an extent that they would run away, at any age.

In this instance my concerns aren't really for Tex, but for the hell he is putting his parents through.

Then again, we really don't know that much about the child/parent relationship here. I guess my point is that someone who is 20 years of age should be capable of taking care of themselves.

I hope he does check in, I mean a lot of funky crapola can happen when you're on the road, from a random accident to an act of evil or malice. I just hope Tex is geared up to be able to avoid those kind of situations.

Thomas H
Can some one just give me a brief story on what is going on, and its the first time that I have cheked out this thread!

thanks!

yerssot
I'll PM you with it

Raz
Don't be so negative!

Don't forget he *did* bother to tell us he was off - so that does count for something!

Also we don't really know the relationship between him and his parents. You never know - he might have rung them up once he got to Seattle.

Lets all try and think positively smile

yerssot
ok, I'll try

*fries, fries, fries, fries, fries*
I'm hungry sad

Thomas H
Thanks for the info yerss! smile

Ratcat
Which is why I said this..... roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) Do try NOT to take things out of context. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Raz
Ummm....you WERE being negative and we DON'T know the relationship between his parents.

So it might be wise if you take you're own advice wink

Ratcat
Quite honestly I have as much right as any one else here to voice my opinion.

Gundark
Has anybody heard anything from him ?

Raz
*sigh*

keokiswahine
ok, folks, we are all concerned about Tex. Let's not get wigged out here. Let's all send Tex a message by mental telepathy for him to go to the nearst library or whatever, wherever he is, and post a message to us.

Tex, we all miss you and are concerned that you are safe. Please post a message to us, and please let your folks know you're ok, so they don't worry, too.

mechmoggy
Aaah Keo, you know you're like the sensible sister I never had. big grin

Gundark
Yes. Sensible and confused. laughing out loud

Raz
laughing out loud

So IS keo a woman? I thought s/he wouldn't say...

LanceWindu
laughing out loud

Yes keo's a woman.

Gundark
The women are catching up to the men....

Dim, me, Edna, keo, barbiegirl, micki11, Aquarius87...

Ushgarak
Don't forget Eowyn

ToMacco
We need one of those damned bounty hunters to find Texas.

keokiswahine
I noticed, you noticed, that others are answering that question, so I can truthfully say that I can neither confirm nor deny any statements made about me. and that means, that I still remain the normal confused confused confused confused confused person. big grin big grin big grin

ToMacco
All I know is that your cool. rolling on floor laughing smile rolling on floor laughing

keokiswahine
cool wink evil face smokin' rolling on floor laughing

ToMacco
smile smile smile

LanceWindu
wink wink wink

ToMacco
Alright, no more of this smiling crap.

Let's hire that bounty hunter to kill, I mean find Texas.

LanceWindu
Who should we get? IG-88?

ToMacco
Who? confused

LanceWindu
He's a robot bounty hunter designed to kill...uhh, I mean bring people like Texas back to their rightful homes.

ToMacco
Send it to Seattle.

Maybe Texas thinks he's going to join Pearl Jam, or something.

LanceWindu
laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

I'd like to se him try and make his voice sound like Eddie Vedder.

ToMacco
Maybe Tex IS Eddie Vedder eek! embarrasment eek!

No, probably not. I still think he might be Bjork, though.

LanceWindu
If that is so then I hate Texas.

ToMacco
laughing out loud I guess that would be true for all of us, too.

Gundark
Thanks Ush - sorry forgot Lady E and....Lara ! OMG, yerssot is going to kill me !

I don't think Texas is really Bjork. Texas is really J.R. Ewing !!

keokiswahine
Ewing Oil buys the next round in Queeq's bar. smokin'

Dim
Hmmmmmm...somehow I don't think an oil company sponsoring our idrunken stupor is quite ethical. laughing out loud

yerssot
*hides double-axe together with his shotgun*
Me? Not at all!

keokiswahine
are the posties still stuck?
confused confused confused

yerssot
no, all is solved,

let's all take a moment to thank the big giant head smile

Gundark
Well at least we know he's not out pimping anymore. laughing out loud

Texas
Boy oh boy, do I have some *Ricky Ricardo voice* splaining to do!!!!

I just got back home like 2 hours ago and I have to get ready for church, so I'll tell you people all about my little excursion when I get back!

It goes a little something like this:
sad mad confused roll eyes (sarcastic) evil face stick out tongue eek! sad embarrasment smile

yerssot
hehe, I'm the first one to say:
welcome back,
thought already you wouldn't like reallife wink

We'll be waiting for your talk...

Gundark
* cranks up ToMacco slapping machine *

Welcome back, Texas.

Boy, are you gonna get it. cool

Ushgarak
So you were unhappy, then angry, then confused, then... erm...opinion differs about that one... then evil then cheeky then shocked then unhappy again and then embarrassed and then happy, huh?

yerssot
cheaky? hehe, got to remember that name

Raz
Lets just say hes been through alot of mixed emotions big grin

BTW, welcome back Tex!

Texas
Alright ladies and gents, pull up some chairs, pop some pop corn, bake some brownies and get ready to hear about tomorrow morrow land.....Walker....Walker....Walker..... big grin

Alright! I left my house cause I was not happy at home or school. All my parents do is fight and yell and my dad is cheating on my mom, and she slashes his tires and cuts up his clothes and all this other crap. Then I am not happy with my major at school. I want to be a Photogrpahy major, not a real estate major. But my parents say they are not going to pay $80,000 for me to be a bum when I graduate.

OK, so I have this friend Felicia who is always talking about going to live with her friend in Seattle. So she calls me and says that she is leaving, would I want to go to? So I said hell yes, left with out telling my parents cause they would yell and give me the whole 'throwing away your life' speech.

We'll, now it gets embarassing cause this 'friend' didn't even live in Seattle. She lives in Kent, WA, which is like 20 miles south in the mountains with the hicks! I was appalled!!!
I had to sleep on the floor, freezing, hungry, theres no jobs in Kent! It was cloudy and cold, Felicia and Sandra would just get high and watch MTV all day. So by yesterday I had enough! Called home, got yelled at, dad got on a plane this morning, rented a car, drove to Kent, picked me up and we flew home. I didn't even get to see the Space Needle!!!

So now I'm home, but my parent's are not happy at all, and they said that I'm spoiled and unappreciative and that if I ever do something like this again they wont come rescue me. They said that I will get my degree in Real Estate wheter I like it or not. And that now since I withdrew from the semester I will have to get a job untill school starts again in August!

They said they knew where I went cause they checked the history folder in my browser and checked out this sight. *Note to self* Clear history folder! big grin

yerssot
Welcome back!!!

Well, you're parents were pretty worried I'm sure, they just didn't showed it too you

Dim
Hmmmmm...sounds like an adventure laughing out loud

Personally I feel like if you want to be a Photography major maybe you should take some classes and see if you really enjoy it..it's your life afterall. Plus I have a real distain for real estate agents big grin

I'm not really into parents having that much control over they're grown children's life choices.

Orpheus
Welcome back Tex.

I general I agree with Dim. If you want to do it have a go, and see what you think. Of course you mentioned a small financial problem, you would have to get over.

These things are never simple.

Texas

yerssot
"It will be a hard life, one without reward, without remorse, without regret. A path will be placed before you, the choice is yours alone. Do what you think, you cannot do.
It will be a hard life, but you will find out who you are"
-QGJ

Thought this would be the place to post it

Ushgarak
You didn't bring your Bjork posters!!!!!

Ok, NOW I am worried for your health wheile you were out there! Are you recovered yet?

Texas

mah
WOOHOO! texas is backsmile joy to the world!smilesmile hope you learned a lessonsmile

Raz
I think he did. Tuna and applesauce don't mix wink

yerssot
they don't?
Well, ok, it's a strange combination, but I've tasted it before and it wasn't THAT bad

Texas
Yeah, Applesauce and Tuna do not mix!!!

Lots of applesauce makes you shit! embarrasment

Ushgarak
If it is any compensation, Tex, if you are feeling foolish and embarrassed right now, I know EXACTLY how you feel, having slunk home myself once...

Texas
Yeah, it's really embarassing! Try sitting next to your dad for 4 hours on a plane! embarrasment Really awkward silences!

How long were you awalt?
Wow, I had a hard enough time in crappy little ole Kent, WA. I can't even imagine running away to jolly ole London! You have to be a millionaire to runaway there!

Ushgarak
Errr... well, I live next to it. And I actually racked up less time away than you.

Texas
You were smart then, going home earlier and all!
So where did you stay?

We're your parents pissed? How long did it take you to stop feeling embarassed?

Ushgarak
At a hotel, yes they were but they were too concerned to talk much about it (after having contacted the police and all), and bloody ages.

keokiswahine
Tex, I am so glad and relieved you're home safe. *hugs*

*thank you, God, thank you, angels, for keeping him safe and letting him grow up abit more*

sounds like you really had an adventure. yes, I wondered if your home life seemed like a nightmare. You do know what to do now, don't you? You just put up, shut up, watch your parents fight, take no sides, love them both because they are your parents, help them whenever you can, study hard, take a few photo courses as your electives, do your photo thingy on the side (as in hobby, and some hobbies do pay well) to get some photo experience for your resume, graduate, and then, go have another adventure called real life.

I don't know why your dad is having other interests. I understand your mom's hurt feelings and lashing out. Hence, the husband/wife fights. Don't let that part of home spill to hard onto you. You are their child; they love you. They have to work out their own relationship problems. I can only hope that perhaps for a few days, they set aside their own relationship problems, and zoomed in to realize their son was feeling a child's grief, sorrow, anger at his parents' fighting. Maybe, perhaps, your folks can work out their differences, too; your dad will come home to mom and leave his extra curricular activities behind, they can pick up the pieces of their relationship and move on. Mom's hurt will take alot of time to heal, have patience with her pain. I hope dad will have remorse for his own infidelity. Lesson for you. Don't do that to your wife when you get married. Every family has its speed bumps. You just hang on, let God lead you through the storms of life, and move on with life. It's the journey that makes a life. It's the journey that gets us to that destination. But you must choose what your final destination will be.

end of parental speech.

*more hugs, more smooches*

welcome home, Tex, we missed you ALOT.

rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

Texas
Hotel eh? Now that's smart! Like in Home Alone 2, Lost in New York.
Now that's where I should of ran away too. I'm sure I would be a star on Broadway by now! rolling on floor laughing

Ushgarak
Actualy, though, about the embarrassment... I don;t know if it will be different for you, but I have always been surprised by the amount people can accept in their stride. It really wasn't as bad as I had imagined. I thought I had burnt all my bridges but it wasn't like that at all.

Texas
Oh wow, thanks alot Keo!!! You are absolutely right!
Very wise and unbelievably graceous!!! Thank god there are people like you in this world!

I'm sure my embarassment will go away eventually. I'm too embarassed to be around them now, I wont even go downstairs! embarrasment

keokiswahine
a hint to help the healing. When you can catch them, together or separately, whatever, just hug them, no words. Actions speak louder than words, conveys the feelings more than words can ever say. They will understand. cool

Ushgarak
That would just freak out my folks...

Texas
Oh wow, I dont think I could ever hug them. It would be just too weird. Unless I hug them and pick pocket them at the same time. Now that's different! evil face rolling on floor laughing

keokiswahine
HUG THEM. It'll make them wonder what you're up to next. evil face smokin' rolling on floor laughing Might even distract them from their own spats.

Texas
I just cant see that happening. It would be too akward. They will think I'm trying to strangle them, I'm sure! rolling on floor laughing

keokiswahine
so, strangle them with love. They'll know you appreciated dad coming to get you. After all, dad could have just ordered up a plane ticket to be picked up at the airport or mailed it to you. He came to get you personally because he loves you. If they didn't love you, they would have told you, you made your own bed, now sleep in it. In other words, tough, son, you left, you're on your own, don't bother us with your problems. Your parents do care; they want to be sure you have the training for a profession you can fall back on. It's your turn to take that education, apply it, and use it for the advancement of your photography skills. Selling real estate on the side is also a great side business to supplement your photography business. Think of it this way, both professions can enhance the other one. Think opportunities.

I can see great opportunities using both photography and real estate. Don't limit your opportunities. The sky is the limit, and that is limitless.

Texas
You are right as always.
Maybe I'll hug them in a couple of years or so.

smile

Ushgarak
Well, personally I'm glad I didn't go all huggy.

keokiswahine
smile big grin cool smokin' rolling on floor laughing

thank you, son *hugs*

keokiswahine
Ush, do you need a huggy now? *hugs*

Ushgarak
Well, of course I'll hug YOU, Keo!

HHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!

Gundark
Thats quite an adventure Tex. Glad you're back, safe and sound. Tuna and applesauce, eh ? I guess it beats eating bugs.

Keo is right. Give them a hug. Might shock the shit out of them, but it won't hurt them. Love makes all things new again.

Captain REX
Wow, a lot happens in a chatroom when you go to your friends house and then straight to your grandma's house (a long time it was too).

WELCOME BACK TEXAS!!! big grin smile big grin smile

There, how was that for a warm welcome (although very late)?

Man, your parents sound like (excuse my language) shitheads. Just my opinion. sad

Man, Sandra and Felicia sound extremely boring. Smoking and watching MTV all day (sorry if I got the drug they take wrong laughing out loud )

LanceWindu
WELCOME BACK TEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texas
Thanks you guys! Yeah, Felicia is still up there, I give her about another week before she comes to her senses!

ToMacco
Hello, hello, hello.

I was gonna get on a bus and go to Seattle to look for your sorry ass, but I reolized I didn't know what you looked like.

Good to have you back though. smile

I was glad to see your name on my PM.

mechmoggy
Good to have you back Tex, poor old To hasn't been the same without his partner in crime. big grin

Gundark
Yeah, To was having separation anxiety from Bjork. laughing out loud

Dim
Okay...well, sense this all has had a happy ending I'm going to close this.. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.