Movie of the month

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Me and Kes decided to make a Movie of the month thread, just like in the Book Discussion forum. Mid month I'll take request for that months "Movie of the Month." When I have enough nomination's I'll make it a poll which you can vote on. Which ever movie wins will be turned into a discussion in which we can disscuse the movie. I'll make a thread for nominations for the movie of the month about 15-16 days into that month.

Myth
Is this new movie of the month? Or any movie? I nominate Kill Bill 2 if its any movie.

botankus
According to the "Book of the Month" thread in the B.D. forum, "Each month we choose a book to read and discuss."

Does this mean that everyone has to watch the movie that wins? If so, I nominate Ishtar, Wrong Turn, Ernest Goes to School, and The Kentucky Fried Movie.

burlyman
If it's a movie on release that month, release dates can be different erm

Dario Argento
I would nominate "The Discreet Charm Of The Bourgeosie"

Dario Argento
Or "Briana Loves Jenna" big grin

burlyman
eek! laughing out loud

Drifter101
for May movie of the month i'd say Shrek 2 for April i'd say Kill Bill vol. 2 for upcoming June its either gonna be Harry Potter or Spiderman 2, i'd say spiderman 2 will come through better.

Freddy_vs_Jason
The movie could be made whenever, even 20 years ago. But you don't have to nominate a movie now, on June 15 I'll make a thread for nominations.

SeptemberRain
BoonDock Saints

Myth
I'd support Boondock Saints behind Pulp and Kill Bill.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Please don't put your nominations in this thread. I will make a thread for nominations in about 2 weeks.

Ellen
lala

Drifter101
okay so until June 15th

Crash Overload
- Donnie Darko
- Shawshank redemption
- Fight Club
- Fifth Elemant
- The Profetional

Crash Overload
oh. oops. Sorry stick out tongue

silver_tears
seen them all happy

Crash Overload
Same here stick out tongue theya re he greatest stick out tongue

Myth
I say Shawshank or Fight Club of those 5. No to 5th Element. Its pretty good but not Movie of the Month worthy.

ragesRemorse
the professional is the best one there.

Drifter101
can u just make the nomination thread now, they're still give nominations here they will until its made i bet.

Aku
Firstly KILL BILL 2 is the crappest movie released in years. Secondly Harry Potter OWNZ YER ASSES.

Myth
^ death yes

Painkiller
what is the point of this topic

<<Solo>>
Have you read the topic idiot?

I'd have to go with Leon, or Kill Bill Vol.2....

Crash Overload
OMG! people actually know its "original" title! stick out tongue

Yeah, The Professional all the way stick out tongue even if it is my suggestion stick out tongue

Crash Overload
Noobs... when will they ever leanr... roll eyes (sarcastic)

cgtuna21
In January I'd say Lord of the Rings: Return of the King for the 6th time
In February I'd say The Passion of the Christ
Don't remember any in March or April
In May Platoon or Troy
None in June except for I'm renting Mystic River and seein Spider-Man 2 and Dodgeball

Myth
Mystic River was great. yes

I don't think we need to do previous movies of the months since its way past time for those.

Krabs55
GardenState for July I think that is when it comes out

Crash Overload
July 30th, ( a day after my B-day ) I have been following that Movie Very Closly... reading anything I can about it stick out tongue

I VOTE GARDEN STATE FOR AUGUST! stick out tongue

worldindustries
Professional

Drifter101
well make that nomination thread

<<Solo>>
Seriously, who would think that Kill Bill 2 sucks.

Cinemaddiction
Aku, I saw "Kill Bill: Vol. 1", and vowed not to see how it wrapped up. So, I guess you could say I probably wouldn't like it. I'm very Anti-QT.

That said, "Prisoner of Asskaban" wasn't any better. Dark, slow, jumbled, and equally as boring as "Mystic River". Both movies were tortureous and had horrible final acts.

How about we start naming some lesser known films once this poll gets going?

I would think the point of this thread is to nominate great movies, the likes of which people haven't already seen? Maybe I'm wrong.

lil bitchiness
I wanna nominate Fight Club...simply because its a great film...very different to the book, yet still well done.

Kaleanae
Blade Runner and the Professional
I haven't seen Fight Club but I want to sad

badkittykitty
Yay! count me in!

BackFire
One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest

Paths of Glory

Elephant Man

Leaving Las Vegas

Irreversible.

Those are my nominations.

<<Solo>>
Yeah. I vote FC.

<<Solo>>
I also say we get a new person running the Movie Of The Month thing because I don't think Freddy Vs.Jason isn't on that much.

Drifter101
o well

Myth
Thats a good pick in my book as well. LETS GET THIS THING STARTED!!! Why wait?

lil bitchiness
W00t!! Go fight club!!

badkittykitty
so when are you starting nominations..how many per person?

<<Solo>>
I don't know and I don't think Freddy Vs. Jason is here very often that's why we should get a new person running this.

Myth
^ agreed.

forumcrew
and anyone that obesses with freddy vs jason i cant give much credit to so movie of the month doesnt fit them

<<Solo>>
Who Wants Who running this?

Myth
How about you Solo?

ladygrim
for june i think the answer is pretty obvious .... harry potter and the prisoner of azkban

Drifter101
i recall him saying he would make the other thread round this time, well do it please

Drifter101
someone else just make the nomination thread, how about solo makes it, he'd be devoted and wouldnt abandon the thread

botankus
How about starting it before June runs out?

<<Solo>>
True, but isn't the thread already made now.

botankus
I think the funniest post I ever read here at KMC was by someone in the Horror forum and went something along these lines:

"I'm scared of Freddy vs. Jason. The KMC member, not the movie."

ladygrim
lol

Kes
The thread has already been made!

Drifter101
it should really be last month's movies, because what about late arrivals in june like spiderman 2 that deserve to be nominated, but by then the movie would have been chosen most likely

Kes
Problem is not all movies come out world wide at the same time.

Drifter101
what i mean is that sometimes a film debuts like at the end of a month but by the time of the end of the month a movie of the month is picked, im suggesting it would be easier to just pick a film from the past month, and allow all of those films of the whole month to have a chance

Kes
Yes but you could still be picking a movie that hasnt come out in other countries. So its all the same.

Drifter101
well then im gonna make sure spiderman 2 wins 4 next month

MudvanneJessy
The Punisher
it was a great movie, but nobody wanted to see it because it was a comic book first.

SnakeEyes
ummm, i am not sure who said this if it was said but Spiderman 2 was awesome

Drifter101
nobody went to see it because they knew what was coming, in 1980 another horrible punisher film came out, it was horrible, and besides other films came out when the punisher was released somewhat silencing its debut

Drifter101
can we begin nominating for July? if so i nominate The Godfather Pt.1

Kaleanae
July- Forrest Gump

botankus
I'd like to nominate Die Hard right now for August's movie of the month because I figure it will be September before August's movie is chosen. yes

pooperman
dodge ball

BadKitty
I'm kinda confused..was there a winner for june?

BlackC@t
Well two movies were tied. I will begin a thread for nominations soon.

botankus
Yeah, the winner was.......................I forgot. Voting on the two movies tied for June's pick will occur in November. Please be prepared to vote on July's pick next April.

PunisherFan33
the punisher was the best movie i have ever have seen.

Myth
^Can't say I've seen it but from what I hear, its kind of sad.
And by sad I mean a pathetic movie. I'm guessing (for one reason or another) that your opinion is bias.

Primitive Screwhead #1
Where's the official nominating thread for July?!? Time's running short!!!!

botankus
Look for it in October.

TheFilmProphet
SPIDER-MAN 2 big grin evil face

jonny_cash
jurrasic park 4

"It's true! I didn't think anybody knew about that! It was so amazing because I've been a big fan of the original film for years. Steven said he liked my work in Bend It Like Beckham and wanted to meet me. I think Sam Neill really pushed for me as well, 'cause we had worked together before on Doctor Zhivago. There were actually two roles in Jurassic Park IV Steven thought I might fit. First there was the granddaughter part, which wasn't all that big a role, she was only in it at the beginning. The other part he was considering for me was substantially larger, but I won't go into any details in case I make Steven angry (laughs). I truly don't know if I'll end up getting either part or not. The script is pretty much locked down, but I think they're still working on final drafts at the moment. But just to be even considered by Steven Spielberg was a humbling honour".

i read this comment on keria's part in the movie. god as one of keria's big fans im ammazed at how many movies she is staring in.. i think it was POC that gave her her popularity. quite frackly i cant wait to see how she does

millions
Does anyone know anything about a movie from the sixties called One By One? Racing drivers were followed round, bit like reality TV, for some time and loads of them died, supposed to be great and has a famou soundtrack.

millions
have you guys heard of a film from the sixties called One By One?

hanbrad
i love potc who is with me

botankus
You need to go HERE........quick!

BlackC@t
Sorry I haven't been on lately people but I do have a life outside these forums, I have things to do such as homework, school and a job, it isn't easy. There has already been a thread for nominations on June and July, August's nominations will be made on the 15th of August in a specific thread. I've decided to change something, when a poll is made it will left open for a week, after that week, which ever movie wins will have a special thread made for it to be discussed. Every movie that you nominate must have been out for at LEAST 31 days.

amerifan
okay as cheezy as it sounds i think cinderella story was a great movie. its just so freakin cute! and i robot was great too. i loved the scene at the end when the planes fly by when will smith is in the skyscraper does this remind anyone of the ending scene to independance day??? lol

Elektra_lover
I say 13 going on 30

Gtspacekid
I say white chick if you dont like that one or though it was funny then you have problems

Stormy Day
Well then alot of people have problems messed.I liked it tho smile

13 Going on 30? dont even get me started on that one.

BloomBabyGirl
the only good part of 13 going on 30 was watching a white girl trying to dance to thriller yes

Stormy Day
I agree

Gtspacekid
well i like white chick!!!

Stormy Day
Then nominate it,but I doubt anybody else will confused stick out tongue

BloomBabyGirl
eek! i will..not

Spitback
i vote south park bigger longer and uncut

Stormy Day
You would wink stick out tongue

forumcrew
i nominate garden state.. its easily the best movie of the summer

that doesnt mean eveyone will find it the most enjoyable but acting, writing, directing, everything about it was very well done

Stormy Day
I havent seen but I doubt its the best movie of the summer

forumcrew
it and bourne supremacy are.. everything else had many issuese with it.. as i said when looking at a best movie i look at screenplay, dialogue, how it was filmed, the acting quality not just what was the coolest like man spiderman was cool.. rather then just big budget hollywood quality i look at hard work and interesting film for quality and nothin comes close to this, this summer. but you have to really appreciate films like this otherwise you just dont get it

Cinemaddiction
It's all subjective, why argue it?

Stormy Day
Why do people have such a problem with Spider-Man in a case like this.Just because its a big-budget movie doesnt mean its not good.And what makes you think the actors or the director didnt work hard on this?This movie has just as much a right to be a movie of the month as Garden State.

The Bournce Supremacy was good but it wouldnt get my nod just because of how it was filmed.The camera looked like it was being worked by a toddler erm

forumcrew
the acting in spiderman 2 just didnt seem overly impressive nor was the story line, or cenimatography.. but im more of a fan of more quirky thought provoking movies.. it is subjective as cinema said but its more of a conversational argument on my part

Stormy Day
I just think people dont give Spider-Man enough credit.Even if I did see Garden State it still wouldnt change the fact that I think Spider-Man is the best movie this summer.

forumcrew
what if you liked another better, then it would and i think growing up with spiderman has contributed to me not enjoying the films much.. because they just dotn compare to what i grew up with.. the same as all teh marvel films

Stormy Day
All comparing aside,the movie was good.

smithers2003
Has everyone seen the Movie? tell me what u think about it

Stormy Day
Read my review in the "Movie Picks" thread smile along with some of my other reviews on recent movies.

Spitback
South park bigger longer and uncut

Stormy Day
shock

Ive never seen South Park.Movie or Show erm

Spitback
Your being sarcastic ............................

Stormy Day
nope

Spitback
then see ...see godamit

Stormy Day
?

Spitback
see the show and the movie

Stormy Day
I dont want to no expression

Cinemaddiction
It's better than "Yu-Gay-Oh", I assure you.

Stormy Day
Probaly no expression

botankus
LOL!! laughing out loud

Stormy Day
smile

Spitback
excatly

Stormy Day
exactly what ?

BlackC@t
Stormy Day I hope you really didn't say that about Mr Zero, if you did then that wasn't very nice

Stormy Day
Um he goes around calling me baldy and a kid in every thread I visit embarrasment I didnt even do that to you erm

Spitback
south park the movie

Stormy Day
you mentioned that already no expression

Spitback
it will win

Stormy Day
no it wont no

Cinemaddiction
How about you two argue about it some more?

Make yourselves look like bigger jackasses....christ.

Can we close this thread?!

Stormy Day
Ok...bye wavey

BadKitty
every time I turn around there is arguing going on in these movie of the month threads..I'm closing this till kes returns and she can decide to re-open it if she wishes.

closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.