Historical movies you want to see made

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KharmaDog
What subject or people do you wanna see somebody make a movie of? Here are my choices:

A movie about Hannibal's war with rome ( I hear that it might happen, and I wish they'd get on that)

A film detailing Ceasar's war against Vercingetorix and the Gauls.

A movie about the rivalry between Sulla and Marius (I guess ceasar would be in this too, but just as a child).

A movie about Boudicea.

An epic about the Battle of Thermopylae 10, 000 greeks vs. 1,000 000 Persians, and the fight comes down to 300 Spartans. Now that's drama.

My only wish is that they stay true to the story, I liked braveheart as a movie, but Mel shouldn't be rewriting history. And it sounds as though Stone is taking "liberties" with his Alexander movie as well.

lil bitchiness
A movie about Boudicea thumb up

Im so glad you mentioned her! She was an awesome Queen and warrior, i think it could be nice to have film about her.

I would also love to see a modern movie about Medea, but the way Euripides told it, with the revenge and stuff, that would make a kick ass movie indeed.

Fire
I dunno

one about william the conqueror
one about the crusades (A DECENT ONE FFS)
one about Ramses II
one about Ghengis Kahn

WindDancer
I don't think there should be movies about Historical content at all. Is bound to cause lot's of disagreements between people of different nations. It's better to make documentaries than movies. Some of these movies aim to criticize governments. Is better to leave history to the books, and if there is a need to put in on film let it be a documentary not a movie.

Myth
VIKINGS!

Red Superfly
I wanna see a World War II movie get made. You don't see many of those.

Drifter101
The Hannibal movie is being made theres a thread on it somewhere on the first two pages of this forum, i would like to see a movie made on the crusades.

Rambo
Agreed there are'nt hardly any movies about Vikings. But one that I would like to see made is one about the Spanish Armada.

Kes
yes Me too.

Stormy Day
When im older if I ever become a director or a screenplay writer I want to write a movie called "The Road to Damascus" about the life of Paul before and after he took the road to Damascus and saw Jesus which changed his life and caused him to stop persecuting christians.I want it to be very violent and show christians being persecuted and executed.But the big climax of the movie the thing I want everybody to come to see is Paul get stoned which ill probaly drag out for about 5 minutes I want it to be very graphic.I dont want it to be as long as the Passion on for about 1 hour and 45 minutes.

quiball
none. cos they always make them crap and not accurate. they romanticise them too much and distorts the truth

MissesDepp?!
French Revolution. Nobody has the french revolution...why??? so much gore involved!

thats true though...i bet they'd cast Keira Knightley as Marie Antoinette i bet my LIFE. (even though she's not french) so what? Orlando Bloom wasn't talented enough to change his accent for Troy...GREEK ACCENTS! GREEEEEK! where did british accents come from??

Stormy Day
what to you guys think about my idea?

YjefferY
i think they're making a film about the crusades (KINGDOM OF HEAVEN with Orlando) altho it does not seem to be a 'full-Crusades' film, just a backdrop.

i'd like to see a film made about Marie Antoinette...or the Napoleonic Wars. that seems interesting.

Kes
Please explain to me why would they have Greek accents? It makes more sense for the to be speaking Greek. Since the director didnt want that and most of the cast is either a Brit or Australian (a few Irish in the middle too) it only makes sense that they would settle on British english.

eleveninches
The epic battle where 300 greek warriors defended against 1000000 enemies, and caused so many casualties, that the enemies retreated (I cant remember the specific names of the factions that were fighting. I think the invaders were turkish, but i'm not sure)

eleveninches
A film about the first frusades (with richard the lionhart and saladin). Hopefully, it will show richard the lionhart and the pope and other king of europe at the time to be the tyrants that they were, rather than the romanticised versions of RTL in other hollywood movies.

A film about Nelson Mandella's life, up to when he was freed from prison.

A film about Martin Luther King's struggle for equality.

A real life story of one of the best trained shaloin monks.

An epic scale production of the napollionic wars (with napoleon vs Wellington/Nelson)

A film of the Russian revolution 1917

eleveninches

eleveninches
Or a sister series portraying the greatest egyptian pharaoh's (Ramesis II, Arkenarten, Cleopatra, Tutenkamun, Alexander, Imhotep, Ptolomy etc....)

Archaic Period (3150-2686 BCE)
Dynasty 0 (3150-3050 BCE)
Scorpion
Narmer (Menes)
Dynasty 1 (3050-2890 BCE)
Aha
Djer
Djet
Merneith
Den
Adjib
Semerkhe
Qaa
Dynasty 2 (2890-2686 BCE)
Hetepsekhemwy
Raneb
Ninet jer
Perisbsen
Khasekhemwy
Old Kingdom (2686-2181 BCE)
Dynasty 3 (2686-2613 BCE)
Sanakht
Djoser
Sekhemkhet
Khaba
Huni
Dynasty 4 (2613-2498 BCE)
Snefru
Khufu (Cheops)
Djedefre (Radjedef)
Khafre (Chephren)
Menkaure (Mycerinus)
Shepseskaf
Dynasty 5 (2498-2345 BCE)
Userkaf
Sahure
Neferirare-Kakai
Shepseskare
Raneferef
Niserre
Menkauhor
Isesi
Unis
Dynasty 6 (2345-2181 BCE)
Teti
Pepi I
Mernere
Pepi II
Nitocris
1st Intermediate Period (2181-2040 BCE)
Dynasties 7-10 (2181-2160 BCE)
Netrikare
Menkare
Neferkare II
Neferkare III
Djedkare
Neferkare IV
Merenhor
Menkamin I
Nikare
Neferkare V
Neferkahor
Neferkare VI
Neferkamin II
Ibi I
Neferkaure
Neferkauhor
Neferirkare II
Neferkare
Kheti (there were several)
Meri-Hathor
Merikare
Middle Kingdom (2040-1782 BCE)
Dynasty 11 (2133-2160 BCE)
Intef I
Intef II
Intef III
Wahankh Antef II
Mentuhotep I
Mentuhotep II
Mentuhotep III
Mentuhotep IV
Dynasty 12 (3150-3050 BCE)
Amenemhet I
Sesostris I
Amenemhet II
Sesostris II
Sesostris III
Amenemhet III
Amenemhet IV
Sobeknofru
2nd Intermediate Period (1782-1570 BCE)
Dynasty 13 (1782-1650 BCE)
(1st Kings were part of the Middle Kingdom)
Wegaf I
Amenemhat-Senebef
Sekhemre-Khutawi
Amenemhat V
Sehetepibre I
Iufni
Amenemhat VI
Semenkare
Sehetepibre II
Sewadjkare
Nedjemibre
Sobekhotep I
Reniseneb
Hor I
Amenemhat VII
Sobekhoteo II
Khendjer
Imire-Mesha
Antef IV
Seth
Sobekhotep III
Neferhotep I
Sihathor
Sobekhotep IV
Sobekhotep V
Iaib
Ay
Ini I
Sewadjtu
Ined
Hori
Sobekhotep VI
Dedumes I
Ibi II
Hor II
Senebmiu
Sekhanre I
Merkheperre
Merikare
Dynasty 14 (1650 BCE)
Nehesi
Khatire
Nebfaure
Sehabre
Meridjefare
Sewadjkare
Heribre
Sankhibre
Kanefertemre
Neferibre
Ankhare
(others)
Dynasties 15 & 16 (1663-1555 BCE)
Salitis
Khyan
Apophis
Khamudi
Anat-Her
User-anat
Semqen
Zaket
Wasa
Qar
Pepi III
Bebankh
Nebmaatre
Nikare II
Aahotepre
Aaneterire
Nubankhre
Nubuserre
Khauserre
Khamure
Jacob-Baal
Yakobam
Yoam
Amu
(others)
Dynasty 17 (1663-1570 BCE)
Intef V
Rahotep
Sobekemzaf
Djehuti
Mentuhotep VII
Nebirau I
Nebirau II
Semenenre
Suserenre
Sobekemzaf II
Intef VI
Intef VII
Tao I
Tao II
Kamose
New Kingdom (1570-1069 BCE)
Dynasty 18 (1570-1293 BCE)
Ahmose
Amuntotep I
Thutmose I
Thutmose II
Thutmose III
Hatshepsut
Thutmose III (restored)
Amenhotep II
Thutmose IV
Amunhotep III
Akhenaten (Amunhotep IV)
Smenkhkare
Tutankhamun
Ay
Horemheb
Dynasty 19 (1293-1185 BCE)
Ramesses I
Set I
Ramesses II
Merneptah
Amenmesse
Seti II
Siptah
Twosret (Tawosre)
Dynasty 20 (1185-1070 BCE)
Sethnakht
Ramesses III
Ramesses IV
Ramesses V
Ramesses VI
Ramesses VII
Ramesses VIII
Ramesses IX
Ramesses X
Ramesses XI
Herihor
3rd Intermediate Period (1069-656 BCE)
Dynasty 21 (1069-945 BCE)
Smendes
Amenemnisu
Psuennes I
Amenemope
Osokon I
Siamun
Psusennes II
Dynasty 22 (945-712 BCE)
Shoshenq I
Osorkon I
Takeloth I
Shoshenq II
Osorkon II
Harsiese
Osorkon III
Takeloth II
Shoshenq III
Pami
Shoshenq IV
Shoshenq V
Osorkon IV
Osorkon V
Dynasties 23 & 24 (818-712 BCE)
Pedubaste I
Osorkon IV
Peftjauwybast
Tefnakht
Bakenranef
Dynasty 25 (772-656 BCE)
Piankhy (Piye)
Shabaka
Shebitku
Taharqa
Tantamani
Late Period (656-332 BCE)
Dynasty 26 (656-525 BCE)
Necho I
Psammethicus I
Necho II
Psammethicus II
Apries
Amasis (Ahmose III)
Psammethicus III
Dynasty 27 (525-404 BCE)
Cambyses
Darius I
Xerxes I
Artaxerxes I
Darius II
Dynasty 28 (404-399 BCE)
Amyrtaeus
Dynasty 29 (399-380 BCE)
Neferites I
Psammutis
Hakoris
Neferites II
Dynasty 30 (380-362 BCE)
Nectanebo I
Teos
Nectanebo II
Dynasty 31 (342-332 BCE)
Ochus
Arses
Darius III
Ptolemaic Period (332-30 BCE)
Dynasty 32 (332-30 BCE)
Alexander the Great
Philip Arrhidaeus
Alexander IV
Ptolomy I-XV
&
Cleopatra I-VII

KharmaDog
The greek battle of which you speak eleven inches is the Battle at Thermopylae. It was originally 10,000 greeks vs. a million persians, but when they were betrayed, King Leonidas of the spartans ordered all the greeks to retreat and shore up defences further in greece, to hold off the persians for a time, 300 hundred Spartans (including Leonidas) remained and fought to the death, themselves killing 1,000's of persians before their end.

eleveninches
/\That would be an awesome movie to see.

Red Superfly
Although it wasn't TECHNICALLY a war, I'd have to agree that a movie based on the struggles of Martin Luther King would be pretty awesome. Especially if it was done correctly and accurately.

Ah, the "good old days" indeed.

Drifter101
dear god eleven inches how long did it take you to come up w/ those 2 lists? Also i think ancient rome and greece is some what out, i still stick w/ a movie about the Crusades of the 11th Century.

Drifter101
posted by KharmaDog yes it would be great to see 300 against half a million, on film.

Agent Elrond
Alexander the Great
Hannibal
WWI, very few of those
Civil War (ron Maxwell better do Last Full Measure flawlessly after G&G)
Full Illiad w/the gods
Flying Tigers (Pre-WW2 in China)
Napoleonic Wars (if u can, watch the Sharp's movies)
Master and Commander (full volume)

eleveninches
About 2 minutes

Drifter101
lol, well how long did it take to find it to copy and paste?

dean7879
id like to see a film on napoleon and how he got his ass kicked by the british

Drifter101
well he actually was mostly defeated by the russians after his failed campain into russia but i would be gettin off topic

Drifter101
but there hasnt been a napoleon movie, at least not a mainstream none tv movie. film, i would like that film.

Kes
You got your wish mate. There are 2 Alexander The great movies coming out.

lil bitchiness
Half of those Pharao's sucked blink Some ruled grand totaly of a month, hardly worth making a film about.

Now film about Hatshepsut would just kick ass!! Id love to see film made about her! cool That women kicked some major Egyptian male butts.

Also, while we're still in Egypt and talking about female Pharao's, a movie about Sobekneferu would be nice also.

Agent Elrond
There's a series of films based on a book series called Sharpe's ....... The movies are quite good, I would like to see a full length film on Nap

Drifter101
so those films were only on television right, if so that is what i meant, there have only been tv films not real mainstream hollywood type films. also whats the other alexander film? when does it come out, and why another one?

Kes
Alexander: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0346491/
With Colin Ferrell.

Alexander The great: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0327405/
With DiCaprio.

I guess both studios wanted to make an Alexander movie.

lil bitchiness
I would LOVE to see a modern movie about Erzsebet Bathory, a.k.a The Blood Countess.

How good would that movie be!

cyclone
Romans Empire

Drifter101
NO NOT THE LEONARDO ONE please let the colin ferrell one be so great it will improve alexanders image enough so it doesnt loose alot when leonardo destorys it.

Drifter101
i say they should atleast hold one off for a year or two because just 1 yr after another alexander movie was made is too short a wait, god leonardo is gonna ruin my image of alexander.

Agent Elrond
Here's one no body probaly thought of: The Battle of Wake Island. For those who do not know, Wake Island was a small island in Pacific, west of Midway. The Japanese launched their attack against it a short time after Pearl Harbor. Both sides claimed the island to be lost. However, Wake Island stopped two attacks before the officer in charge surrendered. They managed to sink or damged several destroyers. I think this would make a nice movie. Wake Island is always overlooked

Willo
They are making a film about Nelson Mandela'sa life Nine Inches. Morgan Freeman is playing him.
Being English I would love to see a film made about William the Conqueror and The War of Roses.
Or even the life of Henry VIII, that would be good!

dimad
the idea for the movie between the persians and the greatly outnumbered greeks has basically already been done in the old british movie 'Zulu' where a group of british soldiers hold off for several days against unimaginable odds against a zulu warlord, they eventually hold out until reinforcements arrive and the zulu do a dance of respect for the british troops before themselves, retreating. Can't expect hollywood to redo that though, would involve them making us brits look good laughing

Honestly though, I agree that history should be left as is, I personally just get pi**ed off when I see newfangled high budget yank versions of english and scottish legends and stories that only succeed in ruining the story! meh, i just think it would be so much easier if they would just leave it out... Alas no, to american film companies, the possible profits of such a thing mean irritating a few people isn't such a bad thing to them... god bless america, eh? wa**ers! mad

eleveninches
THey could do a film about the creation of the multiverse.

G.P

G.P
And there are movies about the French Revolution, but since they're not big US production with big battles, super special FX, and most of all a big advertising campaign, no one cares about them. no expression

Primitive Screwhead #1
I've been waiting YEARS for Mel Brooks' rendition of The Spanish Inquisition... The Musical. laughing

Seriously... back in the early 80's, I remember watching a miniseries titled A.D. (no relation to the former Mr. Skinner of this forum...), that focused on the Caesarian legacy (Claudius, Caligula, Tiberius and Nero). Was pretty good for its time, but I'd like to see it updated for the big screen. Those four emperors were very intriguing (read: disturbing) individuals, especially Caligula and Nero.

Archduchess
The movie of my dreams, Marie-Antoinette is just in pre-production big grin , but there still is a hole in a topic called "Maria Theresia"... confused

SaTsuJiN
well they made schindlers list based on the holocaust... I think they should at least do a movie on the rape of nanking..

Archduchess
Definitely a one about Marie Antoinette, including her childhood!!!! wink

Aku
Mother Teresa. Coz lets face it, when she died, no one knew she was dead coz princess diana died and had a song made after her (sort of). And Mother Teresa did so much more and Diana just kissed a few kids and had her photograph taken. So id wanna make a film and actually show what Mother Teresa did for some of the people she cared for.

Dazzler619
Me and my friend want to see a movie on the Lucentania which was another ship that sunked in the ocean like Titanic

baracustastic
The Scottish Wars of Independence. As a Trilogy. None of Gibson's braveheart nonsense. The facts are much better than his rubbish.

Part 1:

Birth of Wallace and Bruce, Death of the Scottish king, death of the only heiress, death of Wallace's father, internal struggle for crown, Scotland annexed by England, Rise of Wallace, Bruce's grendfather instills belief in Bruce that crown belongs to the Bruce family, death of Wallace's wife (possibly child too, historically unclear), Death of Bruce's grandfather and Bruce's father's allegenge to England, Wallace in control of most of Scotland, English send army, battle of Stirling bridge, Scots win despite being outnumbered by 3 to 1, Wallace made Guardian of Scotland, king Edward very pissed off.

Part 2:

Edward leads English at Battle of Falkirk, Scots lose, Wallace stripped of open power, English steal Stone of Destiny, Scots Crown jewels saved from the English, Robert Bruce's escape from England and final committment to Scotland, his strugle for the crown, Wallace's diplomatic efforts with France and Vatican, England's continued occupation and propaganda campaign, betrayal and death of Wallace, Bruce kills rival to throne in church, Vatican discommunicates Bruce, Bruce secretly crowned king, Bruce on the run, in the cave with the spider.

Part 3:

Rebellion by Bruce, sieges of Stirling and Edinburgh castles, Scots take and destroy Edinburgh castle, death of Edward, trouble for Edward II because of his "relationship" with one of his Noblemen, Bruce raids on England, Edward II leads reluctant but over 100000 strong army to relieve Stirling castle, 30000 scots meet them at battle of Bannockburn, cefeat of English, narrow escape of Edward II, Declaration of Independence, final backing of Scotland's right to nationhood by the vatican, death of Edward II, Independence for Scotland.

The End.

Such a trilogy would take its place among the greats of the Godfather, LOTR, Indy, BttF and Star Wars.

cgtuna21
2 make a real film about 9/11 with Clint Eastwood directing it. But I think they should make it after this war is over

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.