The Flat Earth Society!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil bitchiness

shaber
Well 2+2 = 5 and there are also too number nines!

Gregory
That was great. Someone out there is quite talented at parody; take out a few of the more outragious ones, and it could probably pass as legitimit.

lil bitchiness
What I find intriguing, is that people really believe this. Makes you think, doesnt it.

shaber
It may be grotesque, but not more so than alot of stuff which has been widely believed.

BackFire
Makes me think people are stupid, nothing more.

Corran
I don't think these people are stoopid, I know it.

lil bitchiness
I was more going for the fact that people's belief in something can be very strong, and nothing, not even solid proof would make them think differently.

shaber
2+2=5 yes

Corran
That's called stupidity.

lil bitchiness
So everyone who believes something you dont is stupid?

badkittykitty
it's like people can be convinced into anything..it kinda scary,these are probably the same people who say the Holocaust did not happen

Corran
I never said that, but people who still continue to believe something when there is absolute proof that it is not the case, well come on you have to admit they are a little, you know, stoopid.

shaber
People can be convinced into pretty much anything with intensive brain washing. However, you know hypnotists say they can't compel anyone into anything which they are firmly set against?

lil bitchiness
I agree. Its damn creepy blink I cant believe people will believe ANYTHING.

lil bitchiness
I think they are creepy, sect...leadres confused

Its funny though laughing out loud when you read about their theories...

BackFire
Yep, stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid.

Gregory
I'm not sure that "stupid" is the right word. One can be very intelligent generally and still have blind spots. Granted, the flat Earth blind spot is rather more spectacular than many.

Corran
how about ignorant, would ignorant sum them up?

Ignorance is the art of being stoopid.

Gregory
Ignorant, yes, but ignorance has nothing to do with stupidity. I'm ignorant in any number of areas, as are you and every one else in the world.

Corran
I'm just stoopid.

Baylin
Corran are you calling me stupid? mad

I happen to believe that world is in fact cylindrical, we live on the inside, space is on the outside and mountains block off the open ends!

BackFire
laughing out loud

Corran
the yes I am indeed calling you stupid, although you don't get many stupid rules, you appear to be the exception to the rule.

Baylin
Uh ok... well I think thats alrighty then! cool confused

burlyman
The Springfield Effect is the name given to the phenomenon by which every place named Springfield is hard-linked in hyperspace to every other place of this name. In other words, there is only one place named Springfield, but it is "linked" to various locations in the world.

laughing out loud

yerssot
*scratches baylin on the head for him* confused

Baylin
Thanks Yerss!

I've worked out why I think the world is cylinderical. Because beer come in bottles and they're kind of cylinderical!

yerssot
you ...Stare at beerbottles? you should drink more instead of looking wink

Gregory
The man came up with the Cylindrical Earth Theory; I think he's had enough to drink for today.

Corran
I think I see the wolfs problem, if he is able to look though the beer bottle at the world, he needs another bottle that's not empty.

lil bitchiness
11. Does this fit in with the Hollow Earth theory?

Yes. Beneath the Earth, or hanging off the edges, is a land populated by either green-skinned women or Nazis. All those claiming to have seen this have misinterpreted it to fit in with the spurious and false Spherical Earth theory.

Beware, hanging off the edges of the planed there is a land populated by green-skinned woman or Nazis. no expression

yerssot
you're thinking so clearly corran! have another drink big grin

Syren
I have to confess, I read about the Flat Earth Theory via Milla in another thread, and thought there were seriously sects that truly believe it. Then, upon finding this thread, I thought the first post was an actual interview till I got to the point about Great A'Tuin (the turtle) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Someone push me off the edge please........

lil bitchiness
This FAQ was compiled by Lee Harvey Oswald Smith, KSC EMF, Chairperson dei gratia, Flat Earth Society, with the assistance of members of the Society and independent researchers;

laughing out loud

lil bitchiness
And in case someone wants to join:

Join the Flat Earth Society

The Flat Earth Society is always pleased to welcome new members into its ranks. After all, the organization has been around for 451 years. If we failed to allow outsiders to join us, the whole organization wouldn't really be able to last too long, now, would it?
But we also cannot take the risk of simply letting anyone in that feels so inclined. Followers of Efimovich's teachings are always eager to infiltrate our group and undermine what we are trying to accomplish. So, to deal both with the painstakingly time-consuming task of interviewing each individual applicant separately, and to avoid being overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of those wishing to be a member of the Flat Earth Society, we have developed an easier way to screen applicants, and get them out and working in as short a time as possible.

To that end, we have put together this survey. Fill in every blank below, and then press the "Send" button to transmit your application for approval by one of our fine Flat Earth Society officers. The results will be sent back to you as pass/fail only, and you should receive notification and further instructions within two weeks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flat Earth Society Membership Survey
Name:
Address:
E-mail Address:
Phone Number:
City: State:
Zip Code:
Favorite Color:
Favorite Jellybean Flavor:
Favorite Radioactive Isotope:
Favorite Mineral:
Favorite Eastern European Nation:
Favorite Presidential Cabinet Member:

In a short, well-organized essay, please list your reasons for wanting to join the Flat Earth Society.

How did you find our webpage?

Which is your favorite historical figure?
Rasputin Napoleon Bonaparte Tony Blair Attila The Hun

Fire
stupid ppl say stupid things

Matrix_man
"There is a school of thought which states, however, that the Earth does not move through space, but rather that it rests on the back of a giant turtle, and that what we call gravity is, in fact, the turtle's animal magnetism. "

this is actually a real argument, the counter argument was that "what does that turtle sit on? and the answer was "another turtle" and the argument recedes to infinity...stupid really

anyways, the only valid argument for the flatness of earth is that of the Membrane Thoery which states that everything in existence in this universe is made up of a single membrane...loosely bound to string theory...but it cannot be proven, therefore can never be disproven as its variables of experimentation lie outside the scope of todays technology, and any concievable technology for that matter. so we'll never know...sad

Syren
No, the turtle has four elephants standing on it's back. Upon which rests the Discworld.....

What the f**k?

I've gone off on a tangent and I'm all confuzzled........

Baylin
I've come up with another theory!

The shape of the world depends on person and what is going on at any given moment.

"Waht you torking 'boot you dumb boy you?" I hear you cry!

Well at the moment my world is shaped like 2' tall person, and I revolve around it in a random elipitical orbit! big grin

Fire
Flat Earth Society Membership Survey
Name: Maarten, Fire, Beel
Address: **** Off
E-mail Address: [email protected]
Phone Number: 32498/854539
City: Bertem State:/
Zip Code: 3060
Favorite Color: Black
Favorite Jellybean Flavor: Red
Favorite Radioactive Isotope: EUH WHAT?
Favorite Mineral: WHAT?
Favorite Eastern European Nation: Ukraine
Favorite Presidential Cabinet Member: Powell
How did you find our webpage?: I didn't
Which is your favorite historical figure?
Rasputin Napoleon Bonaparte Tony Blair Attila The Hun: Got to go wiv Attila

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.