MTV's calling all superhero's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VENOMfan

VENOMfan
Well...I already submited. but I realize my chances of winning are slim to negative 1,000,000,000.

well what do you think? is it a good idea? will the show be good?

Arachnoidfreak
what...the...F*CK?!? godDAMN mtv...i hate that f*cking station more everyday. that is the stupidest thing i have heard since American Idol.

its not even asking if you write or draw comics...its asking if YOU ALREADY ARE A SUPERHERO. this makes me want to shit all over their MTV pop culture faces.

goddamn reality shows taking over the f*cking nation. i cant wait to see this damn fad end.

VENOMfan
What? it's asking if you ARE a superhero?

Contestants will vie for the chance to be part of a show designed to develop their superhero characters and test their mettle as defenders of justice, AND have his or her idea developed and expanded by Stan Lee's team, possibly for a comic book spin-off, AND maybe a television show.

It sounds to me like a design thing. Yes MTV blows but Stan has a part in it too.

Arachnoidfreak
Lame. Done and done. Lame. Period. Rather take my chances with Image(the leading creator-owned comics company) and get my hero done respectably.

Can't believe Stan is backing this crap....

MaverickIce
No.

Arachnoidfreak
No what? No as in:"No, its sounds like a crappy idea" or are you saying no to me, as in: "No, you are wrong"? in either case, a matter of opinion.

ScarletSpider
I agree Arachnoid. Stan The Man, what the hell happened? MTV, what is this crap?!

Eh, may as well submit something, ya never know. lol

DarkCrawler
Stan is becoming senile...

Spawnie
Oh lord, this is the end of the world as I know it. Sorry, but I agree that is a very stupid idea, and especially if MTV is producing it. The only thing that I like to watch from ameriocan mtv is PIMp my Ride with Xibit.
Even that sometimes gets to my nerves, but I just like to see how r they gonna overreact on the car this time. The other reality shows they have like making the band, and other cheesy attemps to keep the ratings goin, r also big time BS.

I can't believe u signed up, it's a sharade, they gonna make it cheesy! Dammit I can't believe Stan agreed to this!

If Image comics has something symilar going on then go with them, u have a better chance there.

MaverickIce
No becauase this show is just a perfect example of MTV just wanting to take advantage of the lastest fad. Crappy Idea

Arachnoidfreak
I would expect this sort of cheesy shit from MTV...but Stan? damn.

Image isnt doing something exactly like this...but they are giving creators a very good chance. The creator of Savage Dragon is reviewing people's portfolios and stuff for a few new comics. Check Wizard Magazine #152 for more info, or just go to www.imagecomics.com. they really are the #1 creator owned comics publishing company, and they are looking for people with talent.

no stupid ass tv show, no goddamn pop culture MTV shit, just straight comic books, with top marketing possibilites

VENOMfan
fired up the forum eh? think it could be worse. they might make a superhero that raps

Arachnoidfreak
hahahaha, Wow. a superhero that raps. i think that would be the new low point. i hope to god noone from MTV reads this, or they'll get another brilliant idea for a reality show, mixing P. Diddy with Stan Lee and getting....shit. pure shit.

eleveninches
laughing out loud

laughing out loud laughing Happy Dance eek!
HAHAHA
This looks soo funny. Is it meant to be a serious show? It sounds like it is meant to be more of a comedy show.

VENOMfan
It's completley serious. got the Info while looking threw wizard magazine's news sections

DemonicGambit-2
So let me get this straight..... huh You enter in a contest you have 1 out of a 2 million chance to win. Then once you do win, you get to met Stan Lee (That part doesn't sound so bad) But then....you give him, your idea for a comic, or TV show. They take it, change it, just a bit. Then they make cash off of you, for free..... blink

Oh. yeah. I want to enter.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.