Prices on games today...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DracotheDragon
The prices of games today are unreal! I was looking in the store the other day at a tank game for the xbox that ran $199.99! It was just the game and the controller! Plus, the controller had like 50,000 buttons on it. Another game I looked at was MTV Music Generator 2, and they wanted like $69.99 for it! These games are very expensive and they need to stop pricing them so high because we're just going to beat the fu.cking game in 3 or so days and get a new one later on. So why don't they lower the prices so we'll buy more than one game at a time? Makes sense to me. mad

Arachnoidfreak
buy used games. wait until other little rich dickwad kids buy the game and get tired of it after a week, then go scoop it up for $20

§pearhead
Yea, they're expensive, but do what AF said. Used games stores don't accept games if they don't work, so you'll get the same quality for less price

VENOMfan
Armored Core:Nexus is gonna run 70 bucks...but its two seperate games so I guess it evens out

BackFire
heh, irronically, I think games are lowering in price. (PC games that is). Games like FarCry, Unreal Tournement 2004 and Battlefield Vietnam all go for under 40 bucks.

Also, most console games are around 50 bucks, the same price they've been for years. Only a few games have a high price, and that's usually because they come with something extra.

Rogue Jedi
buy used, as AF said. play them. when you get tired of them, trade them in.

DracotheDragon
I already buy used games, but I get tired of getting stuff secondhand. It makes me feel poor. (I am, but I'd rather forget that. sadangel)

vagaryatwill
dude, don't fight being poor. Keep buying the used games..I do. They still need to lower the price of games, though. I mean, it's really ridiculous when you can buy the gaming console for $149 and you pay $50 for a game....but hey, I still pay it in some cases...

Lord_Andres
I think the prices are fine, atleast on Amazon and cduniverse.com and thats whare I buy my games smile

mah
The handheld game prices are bothering me.

coolboarder98
They're way too friggin' expensive! I'll fork over the $70-$80 (Canadian) if I think the game looks really good and I'm into. Like Need For Speed Underground. I was gonna wait til it came down quite a bit in price but it just looked so good!

JKozzy
If the game's worth it and I want it right away, I'll shell out the extra money, but I usually wait for the prices to come down. But take into consideration the hours and years that are put into the game, and how much money it took for them to make it. Sure, you may beat it in a week, but Final Fantasy X took at least two years to make, the final cinematic sequence took six months alone.

MC Mike
I used to be able to go to a tore and buy a game for $20-$30.

Now, the average price is $40-$50. messed

Xed
All companies have bad problems with pricing, and althought each has its own low price range (platenum, classics, players choice) they don't have enough games goin to them fast enough.

WindDancer
I think developers work hard to put a great game together. So if the game has quality $49.99 sounds fair. But if developers make crappy games then those games should be send to the sale bin. I'm willing to pay for a cool game. Whether is strategy, FPS, RPG, and sport as long as it has quality I'll pay for it.

Samas-adian
Dont buy used if you want this game. Alot of games cost alot of money, in the millions. And they're wicked games...but nonbody buys them, because they buy it used. Those are sales that developers really need. Especially if the developer is not very big. It could ruin their company and next thing you know, you wont be seeing any more games by them.

Tip-O-Tex
As WD said, if the game is great, $50 USD is worth it. A good game should be priced about $40, and I think I've seen more and more games that are in that price range.

As for buying used games, if I can't afford the retail price, then I'll buy a used copy. If I can afford to buy it at a retail price, then I'd go for it given that it's a game that I really wanted.

Arachnoidfreak
the money from a used game still goes to the developer. the store only sells it cheaper because it has been used. its sort of like the developer is selling the same copy twice.

Raventheonly
I remember nintendo games costing 50.. its been the average price for almost all games. PC or Console

SaTsuJiN
lol.. so you want them to pay a team of 60+ programmers even less money to slave 8 hours typing code? thats kindof selfish.. and the reason that 'tank game' was 199 was because of the controller that came bundled with it. Which was a diecast metal replica (and fully functional at that) of the cockpit you see inside the game.

like BF said, games are getting just a smidge cheaper, but cheaper none the less. Im still havin fun with final fantasy xi, so the need to buy a new game really hasnt crossed my mind.

hmmm.. the most expensive game I bought was Super Street Fighter II for the SNES for 80$ ... talk about getting robbed (good game but 50 is the max I'll pay for any game.. over that and youll see me leaving the store)

thekoppel
i think $50 is a lot for a game but there going to keep on making us pay that much because were going to keep on playing are games. by the way how do you get a ps2 burner and does it hook up to your computer.

Yakuza Princess

TheOne101
i think 50 is reseanable for the quality. if it sucks lower it like i saw a brand new game i htink some kind of football game not even out yet comin out soon only 20 bucks cuz its gonna suck so much

'Vegeta'
Yeah i agree with the one but it depends because all people like diffrent kinds of games so they cant really lower the price you know what i am saying. You may think a game sucks but someone else might like it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.