What's the deal with the singer from Korn?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

amity75
I'm just back from Download Glasgow and throughout Korns set a bodyguard the size of a small country followed the singers every move so no ill came to him. Is the singer a bit of a girl or somethin? A few of us were tempted to storm the stage, punch f*ck out the bodyguard and then see what the singer did then without his "handers".

Darth Revan
no expression

amity75
It's just that I'd never seen the need for a bouncer on stage before.

Kaleanae
Is kind of funny, you can only expect bodyguards like that for Britney Spears or others like her messed

burlyman
laughing out loud true

tabby999
maybe cos there worried about crazy nutters like you who think about raiding stages "just to see what happens"

amity75
I've never stormed a stage in my life or even been in a fight in my life but I'll take the "crazy nutter" to be the best compliment I've received in a while.

total metalhead
I admire him and all, but Jon Davis is a very weird person. This bodyguard thing doesn't suprise me at all, he's a pretty paranoid guy.

amity75
It was bizarre coz he looks like he can handle himself and wouldn't need extra protection.

total metalhead
Thats stumped me. I've seen them on several occasions in some very tough places and he's never even had a single (visible) bodyguard...well like I said, he's a weird person.

SlipknoT
it seems like he could defend himself

Darth Revan
Well I can hardly blame him for being paranoid after all the crap he went through as a kid... But yeah it is a little weird, seems like he could hold his own against some drunk ass fan messed

CaPtaInCLaUdiA
Korn ppl need bodyguards that is so cute!

I thought only justin timberlake needed bodyguards....I mean who would the Korn band need to protect themselves against, they are so not cute enough. I mean and dont those kind of bands like it when fans jump on and "rock" with them.

Darth Revan
I'm sure Jon Davis isn't afraid somebody is going to jump on the stage and "rock" with him, rather that somebody is going to jump on stage and attack him. I've never tried it myself, but I don't think they let you do that unless somebody in the band wants you to... confused

And Davis is anything but "cute" roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro/07.17.03/gifs/aural-0329-korn4.jpg

total metalhead
Still its weird though, even though they're in the spotlight and everything, they really don't look like the type of guys anyone would want to mess with...

http://www.digital-temple.com/neotrip/Image/fotos/korn/group2.jpg

Darth Revan
Yeah, I sure as hell wouldn't want to attack them...

burlyman
eek! Girl power Barfy!

http://www.otherwise.net/album/family/powerpuff-girls.jpg

total metalhead
eek why are you dressed like that?

BackFire
He may have had threats recently or something. Who knows, I'm sure he had a reason.

Darth Revan
eek! the powerpuff girls are like the most awesomest ppl ever!! Flower power baby!

stupid nettles, can't you just accept me for who I am? cry

GABRIEL05
I mean if I had endured what he did in his childhood I'd carry around armed Sayaret soldiers with me everywhere I went.... *shudders*

Deathblow
True, but this is a sudden thing. Jon's been performing without bodyguards for years, and now he's come over all paranoid. Its not even a particularly tough show.

amity75
I took a photo of him while i was there, sorry it's a bit blurry and far away. He's leaning against the drum riser at this point.

Spicy_Mchaggis
if i were jon i would have like 8 guards dude
he was abused for like 10 years by his father, he was bullied all throughout high skool and middle skool just for being different, he said that everyone except the dudes in korn hated him, even the teachers, all because he was different. besides every band basically has body guards now. when i saw linkin park live a couple of months ago (it totally kicked ass, and mike shinoda talked to me and my buddys) the whole band had themselves a bodyguard. everyone is a little paranoid about the whole terrorism crap thats going around. personally i dont blame him for having a guard.
beleive what you want, but he does have a good reason

Darth Revan
Well like BackFire said, he could have been getting threats or something recently...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.