who was the best character in Troy?WHY?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hobbit_lover
i thought the best character was of course "Hector" aka Eric Bana he was great he really played the part well and for me he was the hottest! so who is your favourite and best character in Troy and explain why?

cLoVi€
achilles. drool

*Georgina_A*
Same as you and for the same reasons wink

Eric Bana...drool

eleveninches
Hector. He was acted the best, and he is really cool as well.

KharmaDog
Eric Bana and Peter O'Toole stole the movie, their performances showed range and depth. Brian Cox was also good (he's always good). Brad Pitt wasn't all that great, but I respect his effort. Orlando Bloom is a horrible actor, I know he has a legion of fans (mostly young girls who think he's oh so cute) but he should really take acting classes.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you may love an actor 'cause he's good looking, but that does not make him a good actor.

hobbit_lover
Brad Pitt was horrible i think he may have been hott even tho i thought he looked old eww but his acting wasn't good and he was mean and annoying..Now Eric Bana on the other hand he was awesome the best actor in the whole movie great voice wasn't mean and was sooo freaking hott smokin' Orlando bloom was ok he was cute and he looked like legolas too much and he really was a wimp! Diane Kruger Helen was really boring i didn't like her Character at all! I really liked Hectors wife she was also one of my favourites!

Juventus
HECTOR all da way!!! yay yay also, i like his cousin

Pirate_Girly
Hector was the best, just because. 2ndly was Paris because of course y ou know it ORLI!

lil bitchiness
Priam! thumb up

Hes acting was the best. He was totally amazing.

Orli'sMine
Eric Bana was the best actor I think out of all of them. Credit to Orlando though, he does a good job of playing a wimp who's only interest is girls. I think he does need a little bit of acting... I guess experience, but that will come with time. Orlando in my opinion is the cutest in the filmhappy, but Eric did well in this particular movie. Good Job! thumb up

cgtuna21
King Priam was the best! His acting was superb and he had by far the best performance. Everybody needs to stop voting for the action type of hott guys as the best because you really need to realize the actors who really act and have amazing acting experience.

Morningstar
Eric Bana definately. stick out tongue He stole the show . . . . . . such a good actor . . . . . . but they may as well have renamed the movie to 'Achilles.' I cood never decide whether i actually liked him or not!
Sean Bean was pretty good as well wink

Estelio_Aranel
Eric Bana did a good job. But I like Orlando the best, although I'm not a very big Brad Pitt fan, but he was good in the movie too.

cgtuna21
Orlando wasn't very good at all

Morningstar
hmm but it might have been because Paris was a wussy character and that was how Orlando had to play him . . . . . . . but i still dont think Orlando is a great actor. stick out tongue

WindDancer
I would say none of the top three were very good. If I had to pick the best one it would be King Priam (Peter O' Toole)

Df02
Odyseus - Sean Bean.....imo hes a great actor, and played Odysseus quite well.

but then again im probably biased cos Sean Bean is 1 of my favourite actors stick out tongue

Orlando Bloom was really bad, he annoyed me sooo much in that movie lol confused

lil bitchiness
Hey, someone agrees with moi. big grin

Peter O'Tool was the man....

~Johnny.D_Girl~
i havn't seen it yet cry

Morningstar
So. Totally. True. Sean Bean was gr8 big grin

BloomBabyGirl
i thought paris (orlando bloom Happy Dance love )was best because he really portrayed how much of a boy paris still was. he needed his brother to take care of him and guide him. also, i like the tranformation he goes through during the movie from relying on pple to do things to taking up the plate and eventually killing achillis. ina way he grew in the movie

now the REAL reason...

theat scene when him and helen were coming outta bed when he didnt have shirt OMG!! i nearly FAINTED!!! i swear i vibrated. i got s starnge look from the man sitting next to me embarrasment but OMG he has such such a nice bod. whew

BloomBabyGirl
KharmaDog

Eric Bana and Peter O'Toole stole the movie, their performances showed range and depth. Brian Cox was also good (he's always good). Brad Pitt wasn't all that great, but I respect his effort. Orlando Bloom is a horrible actor, I know he has a legion of fans (mostly young girls who think he's oh so cute) but he should really take acting classes.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you may love an actor 'cause he's good looking, but that does not make him a good actor

are you serious? even if i wasnt thinkin orlando bloom was so hot(which is weird cus no 1 else wherez im from does) he didia real nice job portraying his chcaracter.maybe it was paris you just didnt like.

cgtuna21
well bloombabygrl karma dog was right, your only mad at him/her because she doesn't like your obsession. I mean seriously c'mon he didn't portray shit, he was a whimp and he didn't do it very well. I'm telling you I really liked him Lord of the Rings but this fellow actor is just too damn overrated. Yes he needs a little bit of acting lessons but he was good in lord of the rings. I mean don't get all mad at him/her. His performance wasn't that good, you just like him because of his looks and the good movies he starred in that he wasn't very good in. I mean look at your screen name or w/e. BLOOMBABYGIRL. Just think about that for a while.
Peter O' Toole had the best performance by a 100 times.

SummerSunshine
I haven't seen Troy yet ! ! !

hobbit_lover
Peter O'Toole was really good aswell! like when he was talking to Achilles that was really good! BUT! i still think Eric Bana stole the show! i just loved every scene he was in..except one sad no mad

el-pirate
can I just say BRAD PITT drool drool drool drool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and about Orlando, pulease!!!!!!! crying at his brothers legs to get help, because he was afraid to die to save his city!!!!!!!!! and the finally killing Achilles thing, after aiming very well only hitting the heel, while he's even shooting from behind while he was holding Briseis!!!!!!! not fare, Brad has to live!!!!!(drool)
oyeah, hector was very good too!!

BloomBabyGirl
hey #1 im not obessesed wit orlando bloom and #2 this isnt even my user name ists my friends old and #3 how does 1 go from bein a good actor to being a bad one? how does one go DOWN in acting skills? your not making sense. i justhought how he played his role was good n any way.

PS, peter odule was good i wouldda picked him if he had a more out reaching part n eric bana was good but he didnt really fit his role. he looked like he was a passive guy not a warrior and brad pitt is just BLAH hes good lookin but thats where it stops.

Morningstar
now im now a fan of Orli's either but he played Paris like he was supposed to. Paris was sposed to be wussy and a pansy . . . . . which he was.
Still luv Hector love big grin

kyshe_23
hector!!! as in ERIC BANA!!
i love brad pitt but i dont like achilles that much...

Evy_O
I liked King Priam - great acting big grin Eric Bana, looked awesome and I liked the way he portrayed Hector as well happy And of course Brad Pitt, it's impossible not to like him, he was soooooooo handsome eek!

ilvorlandobloom
Paris, cuz he's way hot and he killed stupid Achilles!!!!!

StarliciousStar
Orlando was defiantly the bestsmile I thought he was great!

And he's hott!!!!!

Pyrofly
Brad Pitt....he was so hot!! *drools*

Evy_O
orlando bloom sucked as paris, no sense of acting whatsoever messed what do you mean "cause he's hot"?? that's no reason messed (besides he's not hot imho stick out tongue)

Candy

lil bitchiness
I find it amazing how people tend to appreciate actors by the way the look rather than act roll eyes (sarcastic)

How can anyone say Orlando Bloom was better than Peter O'Tool who is a legend of our time, or Sean Bean, or Brian Cox. That statement is totally rediculous!

badkittykitty
Odysseus - Sean Bean because he acted beautifully...o'tool was great as well..it was hard to choose.

StarliciousStar
"How can anyone say Orlando Bloom was better than Peter O'Tool who is a legend of our time, or Sean Bean, or Brian Cox. That statement is totally rediculous!"

umm,my opinion is mine alone.I think Orlando is better and I don't see why you should criticize it.

BloomBabyGirl
amen

hobbit_lover
omg! *shakes head many times* i totally agree with lil_bitchiness i mean you know that most of you ppl who said they liked Orlando bloom the best i hope you know that he was not the best actor in the movie I would have to say that he was the 2nd worst helen was the worst..but anyways is Orlando Bloom was Ugly you wouldn't think he was the best character! its true and you all know it!

BloomBabyGirl
actually i wouldda thought odyseus was the best actor because he is but he jus didnt have a big part so i went to the next bests thing...ol orli

chuggerboy
they all suck thumb down

Candy
IMHO they dont wink
There were lota good actors... even Orlando is an okay actor. And they others were great... i liked Sean Bean and Peter O'Toole... hmmmbut i'm still an eric bana fan wink thats the reason why i didnt choos peter o'toole... yeah maybe he is the better actor...you're right, guyz wink

Morningstar
yes moi agree Lil

*xOsPiNsbAbeOx*
ORLANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morningstar
that was very well said *applauds as she leaves the stage* big grin and i totally agree! stick out tongue

Kaleanae
Akhilleus was great, why did they changed to Achillies? sad
I mean Brad Pitt, his role they way he acts is great smile

Candy
i dont get your post, kalanae. they changed akhilleus to achillies? who the heck is da first person?

Kaleanae
When I began reading the Illiad, the name said Akhilleus and Hektor messed
I never finished the book because school is over and I had to return the book, but that's how it appears.

BloomBabyGirl
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by hobbit_lover
omg! *shakes head many times* i totally agree with lil_bitchiness i mean you know that most of you ppl who said they liked Orlando bloom the best i hope you know that he was not the best actor in the movie I would have to say that he was the 2nd worst helen was the worst..but anyways is Orlando Bloom was Ugly you wouldn't think he was the best character! its true and you all know it!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
well not really i thought he was ugly when i first saw him but he grew on me. and i think everyone should realize this calls for ones opinion so if i say THAT I think he was teh best that mean I AND ONLY I said that for myself. yall can think whateva the hell yall wanna think

lil bitchiness
You are totally right Kale! big grin

Also Manleus in the movie is pronounced a little wrong confused

Anyway, I agree that Eric Bana did awesome job too. I never liked him before Troy.

lil bitchiness
Amen sister.

I mean, Im crazy about Brad Pitt...hes gorgeous and everything, great actor too, but i could never go and say hes better actor than for example Al Pacino (not in troy i kow, just an example)no expression its just....wrong!

Morningstar > Great minds think alike, what can i say wink

OrliObsessor1
Hector Hector Hector, Paris Paris Paris, Achilles Achilles Achilles

blackcherry
Not Everybody thinks Mr Banais a hottie, but I certainly do. The point is moot anyway because he is a talented & believable actor.

I thought the film was very well acted, despite the distaste of some for the weakling romantic Paris,flex but Bana's performance inspired much of what was at the heart of the epoch: patriotism, prowess, pride, loyalty, honour and brotherly love.

In scene where Hectare shows his wife the secret passage out of the city in preparation for the fall of Troy and surely his own death, made me think, "Great Zeus, what a man!"

So much falls on Hectare's shoulders and none of it his own doing. I loved that you can see the turmoil of his thoughts in the tightening muscles of his jaw or a flash of those dark eyes. pissed
I sat mesmerized the whole time he was on screenin_love

He loved his brother, his father, his wife, his son, his city and his people but it wasn't enough. He was a and ferocious warrior but still he fell. That's why people absolutely dig Hectare in this movie; he's the beloved brother, father, son, comrade, lover and lost prince of us all.

That, plus the honey-dipped hardbody (sorry--have eyes--can't deny it.)
Blackcherryafro

Padfoot15
Same here! big grin

SummerSunshine
ya know what?! still havent seen Troy!! :s

Bana_Rama1968
eek!

Omg! you said that so well!! smile That makes me love Hector (Eric Bana) even more from reading that!

Kella
I never got to see Troy!!!!!!! sad

All_For_Orlando
Hecty.

fini
Eric bana...........he was great, probably the BEST ACTED role in the movie. Pitt wasn't so too good, well except on the eyes.

All_For_Orlando
Hector, Paris, Achilles..Thats the order, for me smile

BloomBabyGirl
i would say hector, achillis/paris

All_For_Orlando
lol

immortal_sim
i chose brad pitt as achilles, because he is gorgus and a great character but i really liked eric bana as well as hector i felt soooooooo sad when he died, i almost cryed!! heres a wikid pic to show y i chose achilles!

BloomBabyGirl
if any1 denies that brad pitt looked good as achillis they on something

Andromache
No Questions asked... ERIC BANA!!!!!!!!! Prince Hector of Troy... I love Prince Hector to death when I read Iliad!!! But because of Eric... I see Hector now as an even greater HERO!!! big grin

blackcherry is so damned right!!!!! I envy Andromache (the real one, not me... hehehe...)!!! She is loved by a great man!!! In fact... I envy everyone who is loved by the great Prince... But I envy Andromache the most...Oh if only Hector didn't die!!!! He could've ruled Troy with an iron fist beneath a velvet glove! With his beloved Andromache by his side! ^.^ And a son who is equally, if not, better than him to be his heir...

Orlando sucked in this movie.... I understand Paris being a wimp and a wuss and all... but Orlando didn't portray him well... HE SUCKS!!! AND HE ISN'T CUTE!!!!

I don't care how hot Brad is but he's no Achilles... Thetis is supposed to be an almighty Goddess!!!! Not just an old woman who can foresee the future!!! ARGH!!!!

All in all... Hector stole many hearts...*blush* Especially mine...

DillyBar
Orlando is my sweaty man in Troy big grin but I didn't like the fact he plays the biggest sissy on earth .
He couldn't really help it though.
I don't think Orli was his best as Paris.
I still love him!
Anyway I love Hector! He's brave and sexy!!!!!!

FoamyFan
i say noone cuz the movie to me sux ass

Mystique Lynx
Paris love

KillTheLight
Hector obviously followed closely by Priam.

jnr_hiphop
I'd have to say Brad Pitt.. 'cause he was the funniest one, n i love humour~

texas-killah
eric bana was great!!!!!!!! i was really sad when he died!!! orlando was ...URGH.....that boy cannot act!!!!

KillTheLight
Of course Eric Bana was great in troy.droolio

Jackie Malfoy
Why brad acouse!Who else could make my heart go crazy but him!JM

KillTheLight
I want to see this movie again.I should totally get the dvd.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.