God Smack Lays the Smack down...Story of the Year!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Linkalicious
So i heard on the radio today that earlier this week, in Indianapolis, a bunch of bands were booked to perform at a radio stations "Weenie Roast"

Well the band Story of the Year was scheduled to play earlier in the day and later in the afternoon or evening, God Smack was supposed to play a session.

Apparently, at this outdoor venue, there were the higher priced seats closer to the stage, and then the ever popular Lawn Section.

Well when Story of the Year went on stage during the day, apparently no one was in the nice seats, but the lawn was packed with people. This made the lead singer and the rest of the band, SotY, feel uncomfortable because their closest fans were still 50-75 yards away from them while they were performing.

In a gesture to liven up things, the lead singer to Story of the Year announced that he would like everyone to move in closer, to the nice seats instead of staying back on the lawn. This created a riot of people rushing to get the best seats, basically a stampede of people that were willing to stop at nothing to get their butts on a real seat instead of on the grass.

This overwhelmed security at the venue, and some people were hurt.

After their performance, the singers and tour manager for Story of the Year were confronted by some of the roadies and private security members of God Smack. They were none too happy with Story of the Year for creating such a riot before they play.

Some things were said to escalate the situation, and the final result was 10 huge guys from God Smack's security personel beat the crap out of the 4 band members and one tour manager of Story of the Year.

In response to this, the owner of the record company and his best friend (ultimate fighter/ju-jit-sui master) through out a challenge to any two members from God Smacks enterage to fight in a UFC style match. Winner apologizes for their actions...or something like that.

Eventually this challenge was turned down, and the lead singer of God Smack was reported to have a tap of the altercation. He claims that one member of the enterage single handedly beat up all 5 of them, and that the other 9 or so guys were just standing around.

Apparently God Smack and their representatives were very unhappy because they initally confront Story of the Year to tell them that a pregnant lady was trampled in the stampede they created. And the lead singer of SotY went on to say something along the lines of "Like I care, if I had the mic and a 2nd chance, i'd do it again."

Just wondering what people might think of this...and i was wondering if someone would try to look up any articles written about this.

Myth
I'm trying to figure out who should be mad at who. Which UFC fighter was it? Thats what I want to know.

Darth Revan
Well that was a little stupid of the singer from SotY, but probably even stupider of Sully for sicing his security guys on them. I mean geez if you're going to beat somebody up, at least do it yourself... You're a rock star roll eyes (sarcastic)

Myth
It never said that Godsmack ordered their security to do that either though.

Darth Revan
I rather doubt that a bunch of security guards would just decide to go beat the crap outta the guys from SotY. Risk of getting fired and all that... Even if they weren't told to do that, it was stupid of them.

tabby999
couldn't sully pull some of that magic shit on his ass? wink

Black Onyx
blink

godsmack is one word link

loserib
by the way it sounds to me soty are kepping out parts of the story

Myth
WHICH FIGHTER!?!?!?!

Linkalicious
Like i care....this music is crap. I just thought a good ass whooping was interesting.

loserib
godsmack are good live and to bad we can not find the tape it would be funny to see soty get beat up by one guy

Myth
They were really good live when I saw them. One of my favorite live performances.

Linkalicious
You guys don't know good live music unless you've been to a Rollingstones concert or a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Df02
i know good music, and i havent been to see either of them....know why? cos i have a different opinion on good music wink

all sounds a bit stupid imo, shame sum1 got trampled...but storyoftheyear seemed to be acting in the benefits of the fans....not their fault they all acted like twats and charged the stage.

and as for the 1 man beating the whole enterage up, well....dont beleive that tbh

Linkalicious
i thought that was bullcrap too. I just wish that video would escape the confines of Sully's VCR for 5 minutes so it could leak onto the internet for everyone to see.

Df02
Godsmack actually suck the biggest amount of donkey sack ever......period.

this just proves how ****ing retarded they are lol, beating up 'competition' in the form of Story of the year stick out tongue

jesus, id rather buy a Busted CD than a godsmack 1, hope they go beat up Busted aswell

Linkalicious
Apparently the average size of a band member on story of the year is like 5'6 140 lbs.

After seeing Mike Valley beat the crap outta 4 guys, i'm inclined to believe 1 pissed off security guard would rape SotY.

Df02
not really.....takes a special sort of person to beat up 5 guys

Darth Revan
When did that happen? confused

Linkalicious
look it up on KaZaa or something. It's been out for a while. He gets pissed and picks a fight with one particular guy, but then goes after the other 3. None of them have the balls to jump him 4 on 1 so he dispenses them 1 after another....after another.

Just Kazaa Mike Valley Fight or something along those lines.

Df02
yea but like u said...thats 1v1.
5v1 no1 can win that imo. well, no1 in the Godsmack security team neway, if theyre as crap at fighting as the band are at making music, they got no chance

Myth
Does that fight take place near a semi-truck? I don't know who Mike Valley is but I have a video on my computer taht sounds just like that. The guy starts with a shove then takes his shirt off and takes on like 4 or 5 guys.

Also, I know good live music. 2 words... ROB ZOMBIE! rock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.