The Black King vs. Cannonball

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Unstoppable
The Black King (Sebastian Shaw): He can absorb kinetic force applied to his body, and in doing so, is strengthened by the same amount. He commonly wakes up and punches walls in order to boost himself up for the day. As he expends this kinetic energy, he loses it - it's not permanent. Also, he does have a limit to how much potential energy he can store at once. For instance, if the Incredible Hulk was very angry and punched him as hard as he could, I am rather sure it would be too much to absorb.

Cannonball: He can propell himself forward extremely fast like a human rocket, within a field of nuclear force, which is nearly invulnerable to physical forces. He can only project this force downwards, meaning he can only launch himself - he cannot cause blasts or whatnot. There are limits, as he has on two occassions tried to use this force to blast into the Juggernaut at full, all-out speed, which left him unconcious both times, with an un-phased Juggernaut merely angered at him. However, he has also used this in creative ways, for instance, against Gladiator. The Gladiator a clear 'winner' in this fight normally, tried to launch a flying punch against Cannonball, prompting Cannonball to blast into the punch - enveloped by his nuclear field - which absorbed the force and caused Gladiator to wonder how his foe, whom has no inherent super powers otherwise, could manage to withstand his attack. With his confidence shaken (and thus his power), it only took one direct blast from Cannonball into the Gladiator to take him out of the fight.

So you have two worth adversaries, which I can only wonder who'd come out on top. Cannonball blasting into the Black King, the Black King absorbing the force and trying to counter attack with vicious punches.

Could Cannonball dodge these or use his field in time to avoid being rocked from a super-powered punch? Could Cannonball overload the Black King before this might happen?

Debate!

Arachnoidfreak
dont know enough about either character to make any sort of worthwhile comment...so what am i doing posting this? just bored. really really bored.

Maelstrom
I love the black king, he gets really strong and his defense is not invulnerability but the other persons strikes. I don't think he could get strong enough to break cannonballs field. In seceret wars 2 it took 8 of the strongest all at once to stop his blast. Now cannonball may be able to fire his thermo blast over shaw and overload him that way.
I still think Black King has just about the coolest power in Marvel.

Maelstrom
I LOVE the KING angel

muffin man
sebastian shaw he'll knock out cannonball

Mainstream
I must disagree Muffin Man. Cannonball could ram into Shaw so fast Shaw won't know what the f**k hit him.

muffin man
but sebastian shaw would absorb his kinetic energy mainstream
ha ha ha ha again I say ha ha

Wonder Man
Black King keeps learning more about his power. If Cannonball doesn't train more in the danger room he might lose.

riv6672
Sam FTW.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.