Time passing?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

J_To_The_P
Okay, I'm sure it's normal in Senior year of high school, grade 12 to those elsewhere, to look back on old pictures and wonder how you lost track of time? Well, I've once again been hit with a upsetting downfall when I found my 8th grade yearbook last night, and I look at it, and keep wondering how time went by so fast, I still remember going into high school in 9th grade, and now it's all over, and I keep wondering, aside from a few major worthwhile parts, what the hell I did with my teenage years? sad

Cyclops
We, the "older," can most likely relate to you. I whole-heartedly understand your woes.

However, look not upon your past and ponder, but rather look to the future and anticipate.

big grin

Wow... reading that now.. That was fairly heart-felt

SeptemberRain
True it did go by fast but i didnt much care about leaving highschool, like i cared for people in grades school

Cyclops
You stay close to those you want to, and lose touch with those you dont care much for.

J_To_The_P
What if some of them there isn't really an option, I have so many closer friends on the internet then I do in real life, since all of my real life friends are going to college in the fall and I may not be? confused

burlyman
last couple years have gone extremely quickly

big gay kirk
Time doesn't pass... its simply a quirk of our nervous system that makes it appear so... you're still as young as you ever were, and as old as you will be....

J_To_The_P
confused confused confused confused confused

Raventheonly
^
^It makes sense.. really. The only way we tell time is passsing is looking at things move before our eyes... we only feel age in our bones and muscles as they deteriorate otherwise we have no sense of time.. thats why things feel like their going quickly or too slow... we are just too occupied or too little.

Elesses
I am not sure what it's like, since i am just starting high school (well going into sophmore year) but this year has gone really fast...and now all my senior friends are leaving sad

J_To_The_P
Take it from me, either 9th or 10th grades suck, 11th grade always sucks, 12th grade flies, now if 9th grade sucks, TREASURE.10TH.GRADE.OR.YOU.WILL.END.UP.LIKE.ME. and vice versa, make the best you can of 9th if 10th sucks, then just have fun in 12th grade.

§pearhead
Well, I'm in the midst of it right now.

Today, in chem, one of the seniors showed up (he's graduated by now) and I was just amazed. I just yelled, "Pat!" and went up to see how he was doing. And when he left, I realized...I'm prolly never gonna see the bugger again. sad

J_To_The_P
See, it sucks, horribly. cry

Rogue Jedi
let me put it this way. high school is a vague memory. i cant even remember half of my twenties, its like one big alcohol infested blur.

J_To_The_P
Well perhaps you made the best of it even if you don't recall it.

Rogue Jedi
it was pretty much party party party.

J_To_The_P
Sounds like a movie, unlike my HS years.

sniper
i got lucky, most of my good friends are going to the same school, or schools near each other

J_To_The_P
Lucky you, fate was on your side.

I think I had to much luck with fate through the years, now it's my time to suffer. sad

sniper
well, fate has done her best to rape me in the ass since 5th grade, between 4th & 9th grades, i went to 4 different schools, so i think fate owes me that little bit.

J_To_The_P
Well then, I suppose she does, I had fun in my youth and early teenage years, I have the girlfriend of my dreams, guess come fall I get to suffer. sad

Agent Elrond
I almost finished my junior year. Boy did it go fast. Next year I'll be a senior. By time time next year, I'll be going to college. I always think each days passes so slow, but now I realized how fast it went.

J_To_The_P
Yup, AE....yup... sad

Agent Elrond
some days I wish it was all over with, other days I would it would never end. It's an odd paradox

btw, do you (JttP) suffer from 'senoritis'?

J_To_The_P
Oh incredible senioritis, I had sophomoreitis, junioritis, and freshmanitis to, I failed 3 classes because I didn't care enough to work, I just wanted to have fun. sad

Agent Elrond
where are u from? I though senoritis was local term.

J_To_The_P
Jersey.

Agent Elrond
It seems senoritis is an epidemic. I don't know if I ever had it yet. I know I will.

I guess the Eagle's song Time sums it all up (Time keeps on slipping, into the future)

J_To_The_P
Ugh, it is right, I can't listen to that song right now, I am so incredibly depressed...and pondering... sad

J_To_The_P
Ahhh nvm, I won't..do....that. sad

Cyclops
Friends on the Internet are not going anywhere. You can talk to your friends going away over the internet.

The friends that you are close to will keep in touch if they are that close in the first place. Nothing should be able to keep friends away.

Gravity Kills
^Good point

Agent Elrond
he's right. Nothing can take away a good friend, not even time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.