BKK's really really strange problem...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

badkittykitty
I''m having the most unusal problem over here..i'll be browsing the forums then periodically instead of a thread opening up a search engine called PerfectNav.com will open and not in a seperate window like a pop up and not after waiting for it load for ever like a error..you know what mean? and I've only had it happen at kmc (though today i didn't really visit any other web site wink )

has anyone else seen this happen?

Michael Myers 1
i think its happend to me before i think i clicked to fast or something but its never happend again

Tex
Nope.

Maybe you have some sort of spyware?

The One Himself
BBK, Tex is right that is an annoying spyware..if you want you can clean ur PC using this program:
http://www.savagenews.com/files/aaw6181.exe

rusky
hehe.. Why wouldn't she want to ? wink

badkittykitty
I will definatly check it out..thanks guys! big grin

Raz
It's a spyware from Kazaa. The best spyware-remover I have seen is here: http://www.safer-networking.org/

rusky
And come to think of it, it's legal, I mean u click the "I accept" button.. sad

BarmyBrummie
I had the same problem as ye BKK but after using that program from the link Raz gave it hasn't occurred since then big grin

badkittykitty
your right raz...kazaa put all kinds of crap in my computer..things running in background I didn't even know was there..I was wondering why my computer started acting weird with some of my programs I called a tech help line today and it was more kazaa,I'm so mad I cant see straight

I just disabled a few and I am going to check out your sight asap

thanks,I'm glad I seen this now

Raz
Use Kazaa lite instead: http://www.mp3-world.net/d/software/programs/mp3_search/2074.shtml

No spyware, plus more features.

badkittykitty
my brother warned me awhile back about it,I will get that for sure..theres also suppose to be another new site (Ican't remember the name of hand)out there thats supposed to put kazaa to shame wink

BarmyBrummie
i heard that someone got fined $3000 for downloading music from kazza lite cus theres like a tracking thing on it (don't know all these fancy technical terms stick out tongue)

Ushgarak
Since the links on the main Kazaa Lite page got shut down they have had difficulty keeping it up to date; I use Diet Kazaa instead.

Raz
http://www.dietk.com/

Paola
I had the perfectnav problem too....... and hadn't anymore since I deleted the damned "perfectnav" folder I had in "Program Files"

badkittykitty
I had over 400 spyware files!! I got rid of kazaa and ended up uninstalling some programs..sheesh I hate computer problems!

rusky
laughing out loud it's good...that's why others make a living easy evil face

yerssot
should those links really be placed ? messed

rusky
laughing out loud are u acusing raz of spaming ? big grin

yerssot
I widraw my previous post stick out tongue

Raz
Well Kazaa is legal in the US, so theres no harm in it.

However, we don't endorse the downloading of illegal material wink

yerssot
oh, that thought would never cross my frail little mind laughing out loud

rusky
ofc whistle

badkittykitty
me neither Happy Dance

dave123
thumb up well i've got loads of illegal programs, hell.... my sig was made with a cracked copy of paintshop and I've got more pirate films, games and songs than you can imagine

I mean.... angel nothing of that sort here whistle

no spyware though, I know what I'm doing big grin

The One Himself
Please someone call the police!!!

yerssot
Will somebody PLEASE think of the children!

Raz
Nice one Dave! thumb up

I'm sure the coppers will be knocking down your door any second now! whistle

yerssot
you didn't happen to slip his phonenumber to the authorities?

Kitoky
I have the same prob too....big grin

JKozzy
What is Diet Kazaa? And whats the prog that BKK said puts KLite to shame?

KLite still looks better, it has an IP Blocker, not a tracer....

badkittykitty
I had the site written here some where..*shuffels through wild mess on desk*..they had alot more stuff on there site..to pay for of coarse..shoot I'll find it soon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.