Destinys Child

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Freddy_vs_Jason
I really like thier music like Survivor and Independant Woman. Anyone else a fan of them?

HockeyHorror
terrible music.

Darth Revan
I severely dislike Destiny's Child (because hate is such a strong word wink )

stinkyundies870
Ok.. seriously... not much of a valid ? The music scene today is much like a giant wasteland... Full of nothing usefull to anyone... Unless you are a young boy going through puberty and want to listen to some "music" that makes you look like a gangsta....

HockeyHorror
QUESTION!

you guyz all know that there is Mainstream hip hop and Underground hip hop

but what do u call that for rock music or punk music? etc etc?

iluvpippin
i LOVE dc!!! they rock an i was JUST listenin to a song!

Freddy_vs_Jason
Yay! go iluvpippin! rock

iluvpippin
happy destinys child ROCK and they should continue to make more songz!

Darth Revan
Little more complicated than hip hop... Now, you could go on forever splitting hairs and dividing every band into its own sub-genre. Simply put, you have pop rock, metal, punk, and bands that don't fit into any of those. There are also sell-outs, and bands that have not "sold out". A lot of pop rock and bands that claim to be punk have sold out (ie New Found Glory, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan). However, there are also pop rock bands that have not sold out (ie Green Day, Offspring, IMO blink-182 though you could argue that they have). (I realize that all the names of bands probably mean nothing to you since you don't listen to this stuff anyways) Then there is what I guess is the underground of punk--bands that are not played on the radio or TV or anything. Metal occupies the gray space between "underground" and "mainstream", generally speaking. Some is played on the radio, some isn't.

Probably the main difference between hip hop and rock when it comes to this is that it's a finer line. There are some mainstream bands that make good music.

total metalhead
A+ Barfolomew smart

Another major difference between underground hip-hop and underground rock/metal is that underground hip-hop is intentionally written to counterbalance all the crap radio rap that gets aired, so aside from pirate stations and the occasional insightful DJ, underground hip-hop is deliberately kept separate from the mainstream (or so I believe). But with rock music, a band could be underground simply because they haven't produced anything which has caught the public's attention. A prime example is Korn. When they released their debut album ten years ago, no one knew them, and they weren't ever on radio or TV. They kept themselves afloat thanks to their large underground fanbase, and eventually released a song which caught the medias attention (ADIDAS), and since then they have become one of the most popular bands in mainstream metal.

So really, for rock music, mainstream is basically the term used for bands that have become well known because of the quality and/or popularity of their music, so quite often you'll find the best stuff is the mainstream stuff (at least for some sub-genres), whereas in hip-hop, mainstream has become a byword for 'total shit'.

Darth Revan
yes yes indeedy yes

iluvpippin
huh theyre too long 2 read!

Darth Revan
Oh come on they're not that long roll eyes (sarcastic)

iluvpippin
laughing yes they are....for little old me anyway!

Freddy_vs_Jason
Same, I would read them but.......you know happy........

iluvpippin
laughing yeah....mayb like......shorter next time guys!

Darth Revan
Think of it this way. The average pop song goes on for about 3 minutes. It will take you maybe 45 seconds to read one of those posts. So really, you can turn on some catchy mainstream hip-hop or R&B song and read both of those posts before it's over. smile

iluvpippin
huh that took me about 160 seconds to read that coz i had 2 reread it an all! wtf's that all bout??? dont get it!

Darth Revan
happy I'm glad you at least tried. It would make more sense if you listened to rock. It was a response to Hockey's question.

iluvpippin
still dont get it...confused but anyways i gotsa go 2 bed!
o tw if ur sayin that d.c is pop....theyre NOT!

Darth Revan
Sorry, it's pop. Actually, that's not at all what we were talking about, but the fact remains that it is pop. Even I admit that it is above some other pop artists, it's still pop. It is popular music that is played on the radio, on TV, etc. R&B is a sub pop genre.

iluvpippin
pop isnt popular music! pop is like....obuncy, corny sorta music! like popstars, they sing pop...aaron carter.....britney spears (used to)......kylie......all those crappy ppl! r&b is 1000000000000000000000 times betta than pop!

Darth Revan
It's a pop sub-genre. Some rock is also pop. It's not necessarily a bad thing. (well... kinda)

iluvpippin
huh ROCK .... POP??? woah...well i refuse to beleive that

Darth Revan
Um... yeah... ever heard of pop-rock? It's a pop sub-genre. Bands like Simple Plan, New Found Glory, Good Charlotte, Maroon 5...

iluvpippin
ooooh...i like maroon 5...but the others i dont like.

Darth Revan
I hate them all yes

misha
mmm...yeah!

Elektra_lover
OMG i love there new song soooooo much.

Alpha Centauri
Jesus Christ, who would have thought reading a damn post was so much trouble.

The Offspring have, in my opinion compromised theirselves for success. Look at "The Smash Album" and then albums from "Americana" upward.

-AC

MornGlory
how does Destiney's Child "ROCK" ?

CherryPie
They suck old stuff better until f**king beyonce took the whole world by the balls

damn B!TCH

Alpha Centauri
I don't like Destiny's Child but I have nothing extremely against them despite not listening to their music or whatever.

It just seems to me that Beyonce gets dissed for becoming a much bigger solo artist, she goes back to the group and gets dissed for going back.

Really is no pleasing people.

-AC

ClaraG
i love DC! i think they are really cool and their new tune rocks!

CherryPie
No they are bad old stuff better and now it's like

No i'm better, No I won the Grammy No I'm hotter

And blah blah blah!

hugsnkisses18
DC3 IS THE BEST YO!!!! smile sad smile :0 HAPPINESS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.