Who is THE master of the lightsaber?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spadesmamma61
so what do you think here? Anakin, Obi-Wan, Grevious (even tho we have yet to see him), Dooku, Yoda, Mace or Luke? Lets hear it peeps. Weigh in with your opinion. I'll post my after some thought.

Sacrifise666
i would say vader.starwars

stinkyundies870
You know, that is a good question spadesmamma. Through extreme research, or watching the movies, i would have to say that yoda is the man for various reasons. When he fights the guy spins, flips, jumps off walls, and other vary insane things. When watching the others on your list, i laugh, because they are boring fighters. they just don't have that pizzazz, or whatever you call that certain somethin. And it always seems they let there guards down and get some body part slashed or knocked off. Not a tough choice at all.

spadesmamma61
Please elaborate and tell me why

Sacrifise666
he is the chosen why. thats why i say anakin.

spadesmamma61
ah but he loses to Obi-wan

stinkyundies870
I've never viewed Obi Wan as a great fighter. He is entirely too overrated. When he died in E4 i got out of my seat and clapped and tipped my hat.

spadesmamma61
Thought alot about this off and on for last few days....while I do believe Anakin/Darth is truly a bad ass.....in a straight saber duel I'm going to have to go with Yoda as well. My main reason for this is because as of yet he hasnt been defeated by a saber. Dooku distracted him if you remember with that huge pipe. Had he stuck to the saber I think yoda would have won. But then thats just my opinion I could be wrong! wink

stinkyundies870
In agreement...... DOoku is an f-ing pussy... He knew he was about to be handed the ass whippin of a life time. Plus.. it was past his bed time.

Sacrifise666
my new favorite saber duelist will be palpatine/sidious.

Ushgarak
Again, this Dooku-bashing is nonsense. People are distracted by Yoda's pointless flippery. That fight was a draw- neither could best the other.

Jedi dersans
I have to agree with sacifise666 I think that palpatine/sidious cause we have not seen him fight yet, but in ep3 I've read that palp. has a saber of pure evil, so my vote is for palps.

Sith Master X
I'll put my vote in for Obi-Wan at the moment. Though I'm sure we'll see something from Sidious as well so perhaps he may be my favorite after Episode 3.

SMX
cool

bILLYgOAT
best with a saber young Obi in TPM but he lost his edge in AotC

best to watch Darth Maul style & flair with kicks thrown in.

worst saber old obi in ANH bloody Jar Jar could've done better.

as for Anakin, well the guy rushes into the fight before thinking and dooku rightly took his arm off.

spadesmamma61
damn I completely forgot about Maul. I really liked his style too. And I have to say Ush that the "flippery" of Yoda had nothing to do with my opinion. I personally thought that part was silly.

Darth Ravenous
me on jedi academy on xbox live wink

anyone up for a match? pm me

but in the movies ima have to say obi, he ownd maul it was crazy his offence and defence was so nice

Cowboyography
The answer my friends is SOLO!!!! remember when he hacked the guts from that creature on Hoth, well anyways go SOLO!!!

Darth Ravenous
yes yes those were some amazing techniques

bILLYgOAT
Yoda style was 95% evasion
4% defense
& 1% attack tbh

Sith Master X
I Can't rule out Dooku either. He beat Obi-Wan, took care of Anakin and tied with Yoda. He put up a heck of a fight, and I loved his "Old Style" fighting, espicially how he whirled his saber before his duel with Yoda.

SMX
cool

spadesmamma61
I dont know Sith he just bugs me bad. Maybe cause I keep seeing him as the LOTR dude.

Sacrifise666
obi owned maul?

lmao maul wouldve killed obi1 if ob1 didnt get so pissed abought seeing quigon getting jacked by maul.

maul took both of them by himelf.

Sith Master X
I know what you mean. The problem I suffer is whenever I see him in LOTR, he always reminds me of his role as Dooku. It distracts me a bit because I'm trying to watch the movie, yet at the same time I'm recalling his scenes from Episode 2. sad Kinda bizarre

SMX
cool

atorvastatin
blah... the best of the best of the best are the ones that didn't die in battle... therefore Yoda was the best but the torch was passed to Luke in E5.

spadesmamma61
good point

Ushgarak
Just because they live does not make them the best. GL having directly said that none of the ones from thre OT are nowhere near as good as the PT fighters, that comment is immediately sunk.

Dooku is the most skilled duellist I have seen on-screen.

Sith Master X
I agree. Though the Episode 1 Obi-Wan I thought was good as well.

SMX
cool

Darth Ravenous
Watch the fight again , when obi faced off against maul 1 on 1 he was alot better.

And if maul was better he would of killed ob1 insted of just lettting him hang there and taunting him

darktim1
yoda is the greatest with a lightsaber he may be small and old but he can get around but don't know if the emperior ever fought because he would have had strong lightsaber.

Sacrifise666
the reason why obi1 killed maul so quik he got angry with is a little of the darkside.

he saw quigons saber and forced jump out of the pit ignited the saber and choped maul in 2.

you gotta admit though maul did haul major ass.

nerfherder
from what ive heard about the meanings of the saber colors..mace would be the best. purple represents master swordsman(so ive heard) and there is only one master swordsman at at a time in the council.

Sith Master X
We'll definitely find out his swordsmanship in Episode 3.

SMX
cool

Jayd265
I think Darth Maul was good, even though he lost.

Ushgarak
The episode I Obi-Wan made many, MANY errors. Nick Gilliard deliberately wrote them in.

Cyclops
Wasn't it said that Mace Windu was the expert with the lightsabre.

Coyote x

Sith Master X
That'll probably prove the Episode 3 Obi-Wan to be one of the best swordsman at the time.

SMX
cool

adamtheclark
Even though Yoda is THE Jedi of Jedis, Dooku held his own against Yoda (the smallest and toughest target) right after beating Obi-Wan AND Anakin (with dual light sabers at one point). Plus Dooku looks like he would have gotten slower in his old age.

super shadow GL
maul did one error and that is watch obi1 in that hole.if i were maul i would of trown my light saber in obi1's face

Coyote x
I think everybody agrees with the fact that maybe was not a good idea kill Darth Maul in ep 1, after all we know almost nothing about his past... it seems to me that he was a powerfull fighter that maybe killed a lot of Jedis, pirates, etc... to make it short we just saw a bit of his skill.

eleveninches
Maul was by far the best lightsaber fighter shown so far. Obi-1 only killed him with a cheap shot. He should have been able to kill both of the jedi he was fighting at the time.

Best lightsaber fighters so far (as seen on the films so far):
Maul
Yoda
dooku
Anakin
Obiwan
Windu

The lightsaber fights in the original movies seemed to have more emotional content, but the lightsaber fights on the prequals have been far better and much more skillful

spadesmamma61
SO very true on all counts.
mamma

super shadow GL
yep maul should of beeing in all of the prequels

Ushgarak
Actually, I see someone mentioning dual sabres above... we have been this way a lot of times, but basically it is an error to think two blades are better than one.

I cannot really see Maul being better than Dooku. Faster, but that is all.

eleveninches
Maul took on 2 jedi's with a duel saber. it is a lot more difficult to use a double ended lightsaber than it is to use 2 individual lightsabers (one in each hand). So maul must have been SO much more skilled than obiwan and qui gon.

Dexx
not quite. don't forget padawan obi wan cuts maul's saber in half. And qui-gon wasn't renouned for his saber skill. he was good but not extraordinary.
Maul was very good....but i don't see him against dooku

eleveninches
It's the fact that maul chose to use a doube ended blade, which is far more difficult than using 2 single blades. He killed quigon, and was more than a match for obi1 (who he really should have been able to kill)

Dexx
err....as i said. Using a double bladed saber is just a thing of style. Obi wan cut it in half in DIRECT one on one duel with him ..and he had a normal saber..and he was a padawan. Yes he probably should have died...but he didn't.....and he was sort of a match for him.

Darth_Nefarus
The Episode 3 Obi-Wan is hands down the greatest Jedi swordsman ever. If he can defeat General Grievous and Anakakin, the chosen one, he is hands down the best. I mean two years of fighting in the frontline with your lightsabre would make you an extreme hard ass.

Sith Master X
I agree, the Episode 3 Obi-Wan should be the greatest swordsman ever. Still, we'll have to wait and see what Palpatine has for us as well.

SMX
cool

Darth_Nefarus
Well Palpatine is so enclouded in the dark side that I am not completely sure his sabre skills could compare to Obi-Wan. I'm willing to bet as powerful as palpatine is, he still fights extremely dirty. Obi-Wan would definately have a chance.

Gemini no Saga
Hum...but Maul is very powerful in lightsaber fight. Dooku is strong too , but if you see the Maul's lightsaber fight and the Dooku's lightsaber fight...Maul is more powerful than Dooku.

Maul vs Obi-Wan is the more speed of all fight!
Dooku vs Obi-Wan , Anakin , Yoda , are beautiful fight , but less intense than Maul vs Obi-Wan.

But it's normal , because Ray Park is very powerful in Martial Arts. In episode 1 , with Ewan Mc Gregor , they do really the best fight i saw in the saga!!

About Christopher Lee , he is old and he's slow in his fight...but in the movie , he is more powerful than Maul.

My classification in order (for all episodes , exept the 3 episode of course^^) :
1)Maul
2)Obi-Wan
3)Yoda
4)Anakin
6)Dooku/Windus
7)Luc/Vador

Dexx
eerr..no. Tha fact that the actor playing one knows more thatn the others has no barring on the characters themselves.

Darth_Nefarus
I agree with you there, Maul is the most impressive from the films thus far. If he had survived and trained between episodes 1 and 2, perhaps hewould have killed Sidious and trained Anakin
Although Anakin with 2 light sabres vs. Maul and his duel sabre would rock, although Anakin would likely win.

Dexx
it's doubtable.....we still didn't see mace windu. nor palpatine (which probably is)
and vader, afterwards would surely defeat him...if we're talking in best ever terms

Darth_Nefarus
But Anakin kills Mace Windu, and Obi-Wan beats Anakins ass. Palpatine is the only person I think that could possibly match Obi-Wan. Even Luke, the most powerful Jedi ever, at his prime might not be able to defeat the Episode 3 Obi-Wan. Like I said, 2 years on the front line makes you an insane badass.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.