NOES based on real life events!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Here's what I found, which Wes Craven said:

Damn it! it won't paste, but heres the site:

http://www.planetpapers.com/Assets/2697.php

I know that some of you should think this should be closed because theres already a thread for NOES but this is important news and doesn't have much to do with the movies.

Sauron
that has to be fake

you do know that it is suggesting there is a freddy like killer

when there is most probably a totally reasonable explanation

Evil Dead
I'm not even taking the time to click the link.

Wes Craven has stated many a time (on both commentaries and interview extras on his dvds like the Hills Have Eyes) that he was inspired to write ANOES after reading 2-3 news articles about some Japanese (I believe Japanese, maybe another asian country) immigrants who died in their sleep.

Not based at all on real life events other than......people died in their sleep. The reason it struck Wes as being odd is because all 3 of the immigrants were young healthy individuals who had not had any prior heatlth problems.

The title of this thread is extremely misleading and ignorant.......there never was any spirit that killed people in their dreams.......his name was not Freddy Krueger.......he didn't wear a dirty brown fedora, red/olive sweater or have razors on a fashioned glove.

BackFire
Damn it, Evil Dead just took the words out of my mouth, he's correct.

PissedOffGoalie
dude people die in their sleep...thats VERY possible, my grandma died in her sleep but people usally dont get killed by guys with razor claw gloves in their dreams and wake up with their throats slit

Cinemaddiction
P.O.G lives!

Freddy_vs_Jason
Believe what you want, but it's just a little weird that they would have horrible nightmares before hand.

Sauron
maybe they just had a nightmare one night that scared them so much they had a heart attack, i dunno.

anyway i though he said when they checked them there was NOTHING wrong with them
isnt it true that when freddie does something to you in the dream world it shows up in the real world to?

BackFire
It's not that wierd. Ever heard of Night Tremors? Well, there have been documented case where those are so bad that they kill people. Dying in your sleep because of a dream is nothing new.

PissedOffGoalie
is that good or bad?

if its good then sorry i was away my comp ****ed up

Wolfie
I believe Wes Craven also said that someone was actually so scared of his dreams that he cut his eyelids off to stay awake. That might have also inspired NOES.

Evil Dead
excuse me sir......

Night Terrors?

- backs away slowly -

embarrasment

BackFire
Oh, woopsy. Yeah, "Terrors" is the word I meant. How embarassing... embarrasment

Evil Dead
I knew what you meant.......I just figured, better me than some other person bitching about, "you don't even know what the **** you're talking about....NOES was based on real life occurances!"....ofcourse I believe I'm giving them a bit too much credit by stating that they might actually use the word occurance.

BackFire
haha. Indeed.

Cinemaddiction
Well, my "night tremors" are usually followed up with an unpleasant odor, and moaning from the girlfriend about "trying to sleep".

tabby999
i have night terrors..only when i'm on really heavy pain killers. the last one involved zombies and quinten tarantino

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.