Did Vader kill Sideous for his betrayel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Duffy
ok, so the general consensus is that Vader killed his master because he had realised his feeling for his son luke.
However, near the end of ROTJ when sideous is urging luke to kill vader and take his place at his side, wouldnt this not really piss vader off?
i mean as we can see from the prequel trilogy, palpatine has developed a strong closeness to anakin, and in ep3 we will see this grow alot stronger, he is almost like a father to him, so for him to urge luke to kill vader must have been a real kick in those mechanical teeth of his.

What do you think?

Lurik
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

yerssot
Palpatine had to convince Luke, I mean, only two ... so what could he say? Your dad keeps the inner rim, you get the outer?

Sacrifise666
the sith rule is always 2 a master and an apprentice.

palpatine knows this so he had father and son go at it.

vader killed the emporer because he remembers this exact insedent so he saved his son.

the reason why vader died is not because of the lightning.

in ep3 yoda finds out only the chosen one can bring down the dark lord and his apprentice.

in rotj vader was the apprentice. so he killed himself wich made him bring the force back into balance.

why do you think we see the real anakin at the end and not vader?

yerssot
cause he redeemed himself before killing the emperor, so he became Anakin again

Darth_Nefarus
the betrayal of Sidious' doesn't even seem to enter Vader's mind, the conflict of choosing between his son and his master is what causes him to get pissed enough to kill the emperor
go luke!

The Ones
luke is too whiney

§pearhead
WAIT; so if Vader didn't get killed by the lightning, how did he kill himself?

yerssot
he got the lightning and was dying from it, Luke removing his helmet accelerated the death

§pearhead
Actually, I got another question stick out tongue how come Luke got a full dose of lightning and survived, and Vader suffered about 10% of what Luke did and was mortally wounded by it?

yerssot
cause vader is part machine who can't handle it ? messed

Darth Sauron
I would love to see luke kill vader then turn out to be the worst sith ever

Talk about backfiring

rayj
maybe Vader killed himself with the force! smokin'

Darth Cain
Part of what made Vader chuck Palpatine down the shaft was realizing the old man really was just using him...

Ken Benobi
Luke said several times he knew there was still good in Vader. And when Palpatine is frying his boy, Luke begins to cry out to his father for help. Sheesh, what a choice to make. Grumpy old evil man, or your own son. And yeah, I kind of think all his machine/electronic stuff probably got really messed up with the lightning

Sesse
Vader could have pulled Lukes saber to himself and sliced the Emperor with it.

Just like Obi1 said in AOTC: "Patience, Use the force, Think!"
Vader failed in all three advices...

NoMeN
btw, he killed palpatine not sideous wink

Baylin
Um Palpatine and Darth Sideous are the same person...

Anyway my thoughts, Vader knew that he'd gone wrong he just didnt think he could do anything about it. Look at the chat they had when Luke handed himself in -

Luke "I know there's good in you...."
Vader "It's too late for me now..."

That suggests that he was aware of his good side but had accepted he couldn't do anything about it. Then after having his ass whipped and then watching Luke getting crispy it brought him to his senses. He knew he was dying and became determined to do the right thing.
It's a classic scenario where baddies turn good just before they die because they're afraid of the big great ever after.

NoMeN
ok, so if Palpatine and Darth Sideous are the same person, then sifo-dias cant be sideous. wink

Cipher
Not that again.....

Sifo-dias was a Jedi, no connection to Darth Sidious who is, in fact, Palpatine.
Sidious and Palpatine being the same person was obvious in Ep.1- Sidious dresses just like the Emperor (Palpatine), they sound the same, and look the same......

And the only clones in these movies are wearing white armor......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.