Aunt Beru

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

finti
looking at the pictures from AOTC Beru doesent seem to age very well at the time of ANH. Life at Tattooine must be very harsh indeed

yerssot
indeed,
much depends on how she will look in EpIII (that is IF she will be in it)

finti
she looks really young in AOTC, hence the pictures at RC `s site

yerssot
I know how she looks, in both movies, btw...
she looks like someone in her 50s, while she should look like someone who's in her 40s, normally

Ushgarak
I was certainly surprised by her youthful look for AOTC.

Why ANYONE would want to live on Tatooine is beyond me.

LanceWindu
I know it's crazy to me that anyone would want to live on a desert planet.

Kane_Starkiller
oh, I don't know. Tatooine has it's advantages. Where else in the galaxy can you avoid federation interfereance? You could spend a little time shopping in the markets of mos eisley. Unwind with a beverage at the Mos Espa cantina. Perhaps a little flutter on the pod races? And how about those local girls ... well, okay,better have a ride down beggar's canyon instead!

Oh! But it's run by the hutts isn't it? And then there's the blistering heat ... the frequent sand storms, the thieving jawas, the pirates ... etc

Anyway! I would say beru's about the right age in AOTC. I'd say she's, what, 18/19? So, it's then thirty odd years to ANH is it? Making her borderline 50. Sounds about right. Maybe all that sand causes locals to age premeturely. The tusken's had it right with their yash-mak style, head-to-toe numbers

Ushgarak
Twenty-odd years to ANH by AOTC. It was thirty-odd in TPM.

Kane_Starkiller
then it must be the sand!

Dim
How old was Fraser in ANH?..

it seems to me that it has alot to do with how older actresses were expected to look then as opposed to now. Plastic surgery and lovely creams ya know.

yerssot
errrr... around 55 I think

Julie
I like the young Beru.....aging process wasn't kind to her, but that makes her all the more likable in ANH.....motherly....caring, etc.

LanceWindu
I'd rather stare at a young woman though. The young ones are always somehow better.

Julie
hahaha......Though I tend to agree, I must clarify that I don't usually stare at any women!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.