Legolas and Gimli

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

black_mamba01
They were pathetic characters!!!! In the books they were great, but in the movies, they were just so godamn annoying. After the first movie i wanted them both to die!!! Orlando Bloom is the worst actor in the world, as he was only put into the Lord of the Rings as a comedic characters, as was john rys davis. They ruined the great charcters of Legolas and Gimli. By the way, i loved john rhys davis in Indian Jones.
Signing out

Kitoky
*shrugs*

Whatever man, whatever you say.

I agree that Orlando isn't the best actor in the world but he was okay.

John Rhys-Davies is the perfect Gimli in my opinion and no one could be more dedicated.

So if you would like to think that Legolas and Gimli are horrible, that's you.

Good luck.

Fėanor
I don't know if Orli was a comedic character in the movie. I thought the face makeup for Gimli was lacking, but John RD was perfect for his part. I've read LotR, and for some reason Legolas and Gimli didn't seem too central to the story in my opinion...then again I could be wrong. Sorry you felt that way.

shadowy_blue
Then who do you want to play Legolas and Gimli?

If you really can't endure it, just fast forward the movie where you couldn't see either Legolas or Gimli. Either that, or just stop watching the movies and be happy reading your book. I have no idea why you're making a big deal out of it.

GABRIEL05
word yo. THey were "thin" in the movie!

However I thought they weren't bad in the first movie. But they definitely exploited for comic relief in the 2nd & 3rd

Exa
I agree with what you say about Legolas, at least in the 2nd and 3rd movie. First one was ok.
And Gimli - aw sad no I think he's a great character and doesnt deserve that everybody laughs when they think of him. Here, too, I think that the first movie was ok, a little fun maybe but not too much and still a real dwarf.

Discos
erm, I thought they were the percect characters,

They wernt so annoying, just good companions I suppose, what really annoyed you about them like?

sauron
BAD ACTORS!!!!

how many actors do YOU know who would shoot fighting and running scenes with broken, ribs, toes,and alergic reaction flaring their skin to pieces!

how many do you know who would camp out in freezing weather JUST so they could catch a sunset for ONE shot, yeah it was gimli and leggies idea big grin aragorn agreed because he is a camper at heart....they inspired everyone so the whole team camped out together!

signing out? so you joined, got a sig, an ava, just to post some anti thread...then left

*points* A NEWBIE IN ALL HIS GLORY!!!!!

Kitoky
laughing

I thought it was Viggo's idea to catch the sunlight and he dragged John and Orlando on? And then the whole cast heard about it and then they wanted to go too....confused Aye yey yay.....

sauron
yeah, but i was trying to prove a newbie wrong...and when i do that i tend to just tweak the truth just a liiiittttleee iddy biddy bit smile

Camellia
I must admit that I didn't really like the way that Legolas was portrayed in the films but, hey, that's just my personal opinion.

Camellia
But, I think that what you've said is bloody pointless. I'm just not a big fan of Orlando's work, but that doesn't mean that they are crap actors.

This is really starting to bug me - how many more pointless threads are we going to have before somebody realises that this forum needs a bloody good clearout!!

aniron
OMG I loved the legolas and gimli love/hate relationship, it was so entertaining and jrd and ob worked great together, especially when gimli says: "I never thought I'd end up fighting side by side with an elf" and legolas says "what about side by side with a friend?" it was so great like the final tie to their friendship, I don't see any faults with their acting skills what so ever.

Camellia
I thought they were good together too - I liked the whole seen jsut before the battle of Helm's Deepsmile

aniron
yet again another excellent point sauron.

sauron
lol
not bad for a pointy eared elf prince!
*shoots*
he was already dead!
he was twitching
he was twitching because he had my axe embedded in his nervous system

Smodden
JRD was the PERFECT gimli no one else could play him HE IS gimli.
orlando bloom was great they got a fresh face out of actor school, and he was just perfect he was one of my fav charachters in FOTR (next to bormir).

nazgūl-lord
I agree orlando and john were great in the movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.