ladies night to be banned!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shake zula
http://www.washingtontimes.com/functions/print.php?StoryID=20040602-111843-2685r

this guy says it is discriminatory for bars to offer girls free cover prices and reduced prices on drinks. what do you guys think?

wuTa
well on one hand he's right on the other that might mean less chicks at the bar sad

BackFire
Heh, that guys a moron. I heard about this last night on the radio. It's real stupid.

shake zula
i second that...

Corran
shoot him quick

shake zula
laughing

Chelsea23
Well I won't be going to the bar then

shake zula
you see that... ^^^ that is what chaos that fool is creating. i already have enough trouble meeting sober girls...

Rogue Jedi
ladies night should be banned. after all, there is no mens night.

shake zula
we already have happy hour...

Chelsea23
its hard for me to meet guys...man, we are both on the same note

Agent Elrond
if there is no men's night, there should be no ladies' night. WE have to be fair to both sexes. One sex shouldn't be rewarded, and that goes for all things.

Chelsea23
well then they could come up with a guy's night too

Rogue Jedi
EXACTLY.....equality, right? just like women should open doors for men too.

xeous
Wrong, opening doors is just plain out gentlemanly. I might be 17 but, I was raised old school...It's polite to open doors for women whether they be 18, 58, or 98, it doesn't matter. But on the other hand, I don't think that there should be a ladies night...It's a good way to meet women but, as it's been said, there is no guys night.

It's smart business practice to have ladies night though, more ladies means more guys which means more money. It all evens out...Guys trying to hook up with drunk girls will buy twice as many drinks for himself because he doesn't have to pay to get the girl drunk. smile

Rogue Jedi
well, if men open doors for women and they dont do it for us, that aint equality.

xeous
It ain't nothing.

Opening doors for women has nothing to do with equality, it has to do with manors. It's the same reason that you shouldn't fart (loud wink ) in public or burp in someone's face.

WindDancer
The article says:

The Coastline and other New Jersey nightclubs argued that Ladies' Nights are a legitimate promotion, designed to bring more women to the establishments and help members of the opposite sex meet.

That is just plain utterly Bullsh!t!

xeous
Maybe you could englighten us why it is bs?

Are you speaking as a homosexual, a man, a male homosexual, a dating service represenative, an amish, or just someone opposed to what they are saying?(Which would be that Ladies Night helps guys get laid.)

lil bitchiness
Erm...that is so very wrong, because there is no sexual equality in the society right now, so you cant say that.

What, you want sexual equality only when its not benefiting you.....pft, dont think so mate.

xeous
Personally, I think that our society is sexually equal. Explain why yours isn't, lil.

Rogue Jedi
very true. there is no equality, if anything, women have all the rights and all the pussy.
by the way, killer sig!!!!!^^

WindDancer
Ever heard of guest lists? The bouncers pick the hottest looking girls. Let them in for free. Is typical in nightclubs. Ladies night doesn't always mean ALL the ladies get inside the club.

lil bitchiness
Its very ignorant to say that there is sexual equality in our society. I would suggest you read some books on social sciences.

Women are discriminated against when it comes to jobs and thats a fact, the higher you go up the hierarchy, the less and less women in those professions there are. Women do not commit white collor crime because of this fact.

Ask BKK, she was descriminated and not given a job for which she was fully qualified, simply because the fact that shes a female.

Secondly, women are discriminated in the sence that they are expected to stay in their home and raise children.

Both male and female of the same education level and qualifications, working the same type of job - male will be payed more than the female.

These arent my opinions, these are the facts, its how it is.

xeous
I swear my best friend's mom isn't one rank below an admiral in the navy...How could she get that high up if there is so much sexual inequality?

Actually, I think that society is turning it's head towards equality...The whole women of the ninties BS shut down a lot that was going for most women. Women nowadays think that to be equal, they have to literally be bitches(this isn't aimed at you, lil...). This isn't true...

I completly rambled in that...I ment that the women of the ninties thing slowed down equality because some women tried to act like bitches to be equal...Now, it's starting to actually come around.

xeous
"Ask BKK, she was descriminated and not given a job for which she was fully qualified, simply because the fact that shes a female."

That's a terrible example. Everyone is discriminated against in this sense, my uncle wasn't hired for a job at a chemical factory because the other man who was up for the job was African American. Guess what, the company hadn't met their "quota" of blacks who were employed to keep the NAACP off their back. Guess who they hired? The black man...My uncle then moved to Chicago and actually recieved a position that demanded more responsiblility...And higher wages smile

Rogue Jedi
it really depends on your geographic locale.

xeous
"Both male and female of the same education level and qualifications, working the same type of job - male will be payed more than the female."

Sorry to keep making more and more posts but quite frankly, I'm a moron...

This is about the only thing I do agree with but, it has to be with the same company. You can't compair 2 jobs at different businesses for salary...It just isn't fair, number wise. If company A clears 1,000,000 dollars per year and company B clears 2,000,000 per year; wouldn't it be sensable to say that Manager B should earn more than Manager A?

EDIT: More than, not twice as much...Just more than.

lil bitchiness
Im not even gonna bother, because your only view on anything is what ''your friends and family'' are/have/said/done. I gave you BKK's example so I can help explain the example better.

Like I said, read up on sociology and society today, look at statistics, there is a massive gender inequality.

What your friends mom and your uncle does, does not represent the population in any country nor does it represent a majority, thats like saying:

''Im a millionaire, everyone has a lot of money''

You cant base your beliefes in few examples.

xeous
Then the same could be said about BKK's example to you.

"I'm poor so no one has any money."

You're right, I have very little formal education of the subject but, it isn't as bad as you're trying to make it sound(in the US at least).

Our area right now is suffering from major economical hardships and I personally can say that for every man that I know that works, I know a female that works(and has a decent job). This is a very small community so yes, I DO know a lot of people.

Rogue Jedi
why is it when a woman screams rape the police take the man to jail without even hearing his side of the story or having any proof?

xeous
Because there's a law...Damn, I can't remember what it's name is...It's a Latin name(drive me nuts the rest of the night) that says something like "If there is reason to believe that a person is guilty, no evidence must be presented to arrest that individual." So, if someone is standing over a dead person and they have a smoking gun and there is a gunshot wound in the guys chest, the cops don't need evidence to arrest the man with the gun.

Corran
the problem with this is that whenever men have guys nights or clubs etc the feminist all start screaming saying it's sexist and not fair, yet there are no complaints when the roles are reversed, us guys should start burning our underwear to get equal rights back again.

GABRIEL05
Oh 17?... yeeahh you haven't seen how bad it gets out there.

This is ridiculous I'm pretty sure someone has said this, but if there is one constant rule to clubs it is this. Pay attention people I'm layin down the knowledge: No ladies=no dudes. It doesn't matter who what where when or why. With one type of club the exception. Now he shouldn't cancel ladies night, but damned be nice if there was a guys night.

shake zula
i believe ladies' night was instituted for one reason and one reason alone- money. personally, i don't mind ladies' night, why? i could just send her to the bar and get us both drinks. it may seem cheap, but hey, she's getting tanked for free.

and all this equality bulsh!t is driving me crazy. the ladies always get the good end while we get stuck with the check. i don't mind doing all the good stuff but what have she done for me lately?

guys, this is a good test if you wanna know if your girl is a keeper or not. when you get in the car, open her door and leave the driver side locked. if and when she reaches over and unlocks your door, she's a keeper.

wuTa
didnt you get this off a movie with robert deniro?..hes a bus driver and his son is dating a black chick and his son has ties to the mob and theres racial tension in the neighborhood

Yuna33
free drinks is a good thing!
'cause were special like that!

silver_tears
I think you are wrong happy

Yuna33
we are the dominate species!

Yuna33
all people who come be4 11 get free drinks
like at club iguana!

Rogue Jedi
bottom line: women get away with a lot more shit than men do, and they have more rights.

BackFire
This law is anti-Poon. The whole point of ladies night is to get ladies in the bar, thus getting more guys in the bar, and in the end getting those guys laid.

It's a tradition, who cares, really? I reckon the people who are against this tradition are just angry because even with ladies night, when there are dozens of drunk women in the bar, they still can't get any.

Yuna33
'cause were special!

Rogue Jedi
ladies have half the money and all the damn pussy.

Yuna33
4 the last time.....
we are special like that!
you like it!we know it!

Rogue Jedi
special shmecial.

OrlandoObsessed
RJ!!!!

Yuna33
we are!
and fine to boot!yup!yup!

shake zula
a friend told me about this. i don't know if he quoted somebody...

wuTa
thats off a movie called A Bronx's Tale

shake zula
that's right!

say no to

ANTI-POON LAW...

everybody's happy when poon is a-plenty...
keep ladies' night and keep the poon alive!

shake zula
i really have no idea. thanks for the info...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.