Ronald Reagan Dies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stormy Day
President Ronald Reagan has passed away after 10 years of Alzheimer's disease at 93 years of age. We appreciate everyone's prayers," Nancy Reagan said in a statement.

Nancy Reagan, along with children Ron and Patti Davis, were at the couple's Los Angeles home when Reagan died at 1 p.m. PDT of pneumonia, as a complication of Alzheimer's disease, said Joanne Drake, who represents the family. Son Michael arrived a short time later, she said.

sad sad sad

Raventheonly
I highly respected Ronald Reagan. sad sad sad

VENOMfan
indeed, this was a sad day

Stormy Day
indeed

Myth
Its sad. He was probably the greatest pres in my lifetime. sad

Kaleanae
Just before D- Day rememberance sad
He will be respected and highly remembered by many Americans

GABRIEL05
I'm definetly no economics buff, but:

Fire
as Gabriel said he did increase the national debt in a very big way, which was not such a good point, on the other hand he was very popular in the US.

He made those debts to help the american economy out of crisis, still there should have been another way to do that.

I have mixed feelings toward reagan

Agent Elrond
Reagon wanted to cut taxes and cut spending. However, Congress disagreed with that policy, so he was forced to have a budget that had cut taxes and increased spending.

Fire
well than congress was an ass, but I doubt it's only congress it's fault

Agent Elrond
Reagon believed in something called 'New Federalism' He wanted the states to tkae up more responsibilites and to reduce the power of the national gov't. That's why he wanted to cut spending. Congress disagreed with him, vetoed his budget and came up with their own that had taxes cut and spending higher, a recipe for deficit

Darth Revan
I agree with Fire and Gabriel on this. He certainly left a legacy, but it wasn't at all a good thing.

Agent Elrond
with every president, there's always something good and something bad. He helped bring down communism, but created a huge budget deficit.

Captain REX
He's the oldest president too.

Raventheonly
Its funny how in Reagens era the democrats controlled congress and they complain that he created a deficit... yet in Clintons era Republicans controlled congress and the democrats take credit for balancing the budget....
Congress mind you controls everything to do with money and budget. The President cannot even wisper anything related to money.

El_Barto
Will a Jellybean make everyone feel better?

Dr. Strangelove
RIP Mr. Reagon

Fire
I don't know enough about the cold war to judge how major that bringing down communism was, I think it was necessairy to defuse the situation but a lot of russians seem to think they were better of with the USSR

Darth Revan
Yeah, now they pretty much have an anarchy. I won't say much though because I know next to nothing about the Cold War era and communist Russia.

Agent Elrond
well, it made Americans feel safer; the risk for nuclear war was gone.

Krabs55
I guess it is sad, but he was 93 he had a good life.

Myth
Of course we went in debt with Reagan. But that was the cost of getting us out of the situations that we were in. He was a great man and a great president.

Stormy Day
like my sig and avy?

Raventheonly
They have freedom... what they do with it will be how they judge themselves... they lived nearly 70+ years in terror, give them some time.... KGB and the Gologe leave deep scars and a hardened people who will make it through.

moonwalker741
R.I.P Reagen...

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/usaflag.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/rip.gif

WindDancer
Is it true that President Bush said that Friday 11th of this month will be national day of mourning? That means no federal employees won't be working.

shellie
ditto , he was the greatest .

amity75
I used to think he was a brainless buffoon but now I'm older and wiser I realise he made the world a much safer place for us all. It would be interesting to see what he'd do if he were President today.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.