Symbiote Texture?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpyCspider
hahaha...yo whenever you see Venom or Carnage, do you imagine what the symbiote actually feels like? Like if you touch it, is it soft and slimy, or firm and smooth?

I mean, look at Carnage and all his wavy tendrils, are they supposed to feel like rubber or what? Or like melted cheese?

just a thought.

shaber
The original alien could vary couldn't it?

Austinzilla
who cares how it feels???

Red Superfly
I would imagine it is like a liquid, but viscious like tar, but when it latches onto someone, it solidifies and seems like rubber.

Like paint that dries really quickly and has a life of its own.

SpyCspider
Anyone played Resident Evil? Doesn't the Licker kinda remind you of Carnage?

Superman5452
nah he reminds me of venom... if venom didn't have skin.

Red Superfly
The amount of times I have seen The Licker, I have NEVER thought of Carnage.

SpyCspider
They both got the same reddish nasty skin thing going...with the long alien tongue (more like Venom) and the white eyes....they crawl on walls, theyre' savage and rip you apart....

sounds pretty similar to me

:VENOM:'91
http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/forums/images/smilies/venom.gif

I imagine it's like a warm rubbery feeling. that can quickly change into a more lucid state.

Robo-Chocobo
In the comics when spiderman grabbed ahold of it in the comics it streched like rubber...yet it becomes like a think ooze when its traveling around without a host....strange...prob like rubbery stuff.

kiekan
I alwats pictured it with a cloth like texture, or at least when Spidey wore it. Seeing as he thought it was a normal costume, and the symbiote was able to fool everyone around him too. Though, with Brock, I think it has that tough leathery feel everyone has already described.

Robo-Chocobo
Question? then why in all these pictures I've seen, his costume is shiny(ish), like their is a gleam of sorts. so Confused, HELP ME OUT?

kiekan
Which pictures? Each artist has their own representation of the character. All the newer ones seem to have him be shiney and liquid-like. Though, the original (as in the drawings done in Amazing Spider-man #300) was solid black, just like how Spider looked with the Symbiote on. The only difference, of course is the addition of a mouth (and in that issue, Venom's teeth wern't sharp and all sadistic looking, neither were his eyes. Also, he didn't have the long tongue).

badsymbiote
I always thought that, too. It's one part artistic interpretation and one part symbiote host--that's what decides how it'd look. I thought the same thing that VENOMfan did--he's the guy called VENOM91 above--he changed his name while goofing around, and he hasn't been back to change it yet. I wonder where he is, anyway. He should have been back by now.

SpyCspider
Yip...I also realized when Todd McFarlane drew Venom, he resembled Spidey in his black costume rather closely....just more beefed up and the addtion of pearly whites--no huge snarl, dripping goo tongue...looked more spooky, less alien-like.

kiekan

badsymbiote
kiekan, the SSM totally sets up the Tsunami version of Venom. I liked those issues, though the drawings did take getting used to. I take it, then, that you're not a fan of Marvels new manga style.

kiekan
Actually, I do like it. I loved the art in Wolverine: Snikt!, it was amazing. Most of my comic reading comes from manga, lol (Berserk and Hellsing will forever be some of the best stories I have ever read, along with Venom, of course).

badsymbiote
So, I'm just trying to understand why you don't like the newly defunct Venom monthly. I just don't get it. You don't love Daniel Way, I get that. But that aside, didn't you think the content of the story was good? I loved Spidey's involvement, and the FF, and Fury--you didn't like all that? The cells of clones, and those insidious "Bobs"--what could have made the story more enjoyable for you. Sorry, I can barely type right now--I've got the Kids in the Hall's first season on DVD in the background right now, and I might have to turn it off, 'cuz it's too funny to tune out.

kiekan
I was reffering mostly to the first five issues of SSM Vol. 2. I like the monthly issue now, besides the things I noted through PM. If those things were to be fixed, then the series would be up there as some of the best I've read (from the looks of it though, it doesn't seem to fit in with those SSM issues, Brock doesn't act even remotly like he did in those issues).

badsymbiote
I know exactly what you mean. His speech patterns were so uneducated--so much use of double negatives--it betrayed the well-spoken Brock we know and love. At first I absolutley hated it--I thought Brock was drawn far to boorishly, but after I read it a couple of times, he became much more endearing to me personally. I felt so sorry for him when the symbiote was out tramping around--only coming back to Brock when it needed an adrenaline fix. Eddie gave the symbiote evrything--and it didn't care--it just used him. Seeing Eddie actively praying and begging for the symbiote's attention really made me care for the new version of the character.

Robo-Chocobo
brock scares me...he looks mean....besides he wanted to die of cancer.......it would have neen good for the world...either venom would have
a. finally died
b. found a better host, and the host wouldnt care about spiderman(unless you want this whole "you ruined my life by sticking me with this thing" story arc.). the worst that could happen(besides what I meantioned) is that the symbiote would have taken control(and be fighting over control) of the person with spiderman saving them with the FF4's cool sound gun, or some bells.

then again if you think about the symbiot pre SSM, it was simply a creature who had been rejected by its"love", confused about parker(many negative thoughts(if you remember when peter tricked it by asking it to come back and bond with him(mean spider) and it tried to leave brock,and along with brocks negative spider thoughts
ended up creatin venom
either way now that I think about it...venom woulda died so long ago.....WHY DO YOU HATE ME BADSYMBIOTE?

badsymbiote
Oh my God, you're not talking to me, are you? I don't hate anyone here.

badsymbiote
on topic...symbiote texture...right. I ahve an Ultimate Venom action figure. i imagine the tendrils would feel kind of like the ones affixed to the figure. Soft kinda oozing, and very malleable.

Arachnoidfreak
KIDS IN THE HALL!!!! Canadian humor at its finest. Just about the only thing I like from Canada...besides Logan. and Tom Green. shush, Tom is cool...err, was, I dunno about now. I think he may have gone insane after divorcing Drew Barrymore.

Oh...right, on topic...the texture must be like warm silly putty, kinda gooey, but it holds together well and its always moving...at least, that's what i think it would feel like. Imagine that on the naughty parts...oooo...Ok im done.

badsymbiote
You're naughty--an attribute I regard highly. As for Tom Green, I have this to say about marriage--It's sure tough, but generally I'd say that you should at least try it for more than a week before you annul it.

Darth Jello
texture, ok, you need an open mind for this one. i imagine it as liquid silk. soft and mallable like corn starch and mercury, smooth and ressilient like silk. it makes sense too since stretch silk that is thick enough can stop a bullet.

badsymbiote
Excellent description, DJ--very descriptive, especially the silk and corn starch. P.S. I haven't had much succes finding Typhoid Mary books at one of my usual comic shops here, but I haven't looked at the other 2 yet. Now that Marvel's yanking Tsunami, I'll have a little more money and time to look. Thanks again for the info you gave me.

Robo-Chocobo
their yankin tsunami?

Darth Jello
try www.milehighcomics.com

she's made up the best pet name ever. who doesn't want to call a lover "schmoopy"?

badsymbiote
I can't imagine saying it, and I really can't imagine anyone saying it to me. But, you never know. Schmoopy. It's just too friggen cute for me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.