USH'S MATRIX GAME FIFTH ASSIGNMENT (PHILOSOPHY PATH)- 'The Reason'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
You don't exactly get a briefing for this one, of course.

The situation is this. No explanation is forthcoming as to what just happened. Dallas has ohoned you- blatantly breaking his subterfuge of being able to see you- and told you to get the hell out. At this moment, the situation you were in ended, and hositlities began. Castor, Rade and Azrael- who, btw, are all the real versions- are now faced by their opposite numbers, who are hostile, backed by some of Melitus' mooks.

This is the situation for these three, anyway, Heph, you will start in yoyr own situation.

This is a very, very dangerous situation for all of you, and for the first three especially, you are basically doomed unless the Combat Path can rescue you. Yup. I knoe that's an ass, but that is teamplay for you! You MUST survive, as long as possible, so they can reach you in time.

Other than that, you will have to adapt to the situation as it evolves.

Mind what you have learned- you went through a whole lot of stuff back there; it would be a shame to lose all the benefits of that. That's why you took this path, after all.

Ushgarak
Loadout

When you woke up at the start of Assignment 4, you were armed. You may now choose what you were armed with, as if this were a standard mission, with bulk rules obeyed.

-

Here you may chose what you are, will be, or have taken into the Matrix whilst on Assignment

When you load up for this mission, you must worry about two things

1. How much you can hide (Bulk)
2. How much you can physically carry (Weight)

Everything you carry with you has a weight and bulk rating. If you go over weight, you start losing skill and speed. If you go over bulk, the fact that you are carrying fourteen tons of artillery with you may be noticed. If you are under bulk then your weapons will not be spotted except in a detailed search or security scanner.

The maximum amount of bulk you can carry is 14 points worth. This assumes you are wearing one of those huge trenchcoats. If you are not carrying much, you can chose to wear something slimmer. Trinity, for example, wears an outfit that cannot conceal a damn thing...

Do remember, though, that you only need to worry about bulk IF YOU INTEND TO CONCEAL THE OBJECT!

The amount of weight you can carry is three points more than your strength- so a strength 7 character can carry ten points of weight, a strength 10 character can carry 13 points worth, and so on.

Remember you must take account of these two separate numbers

Here are the bulk/weight numbers:

General

Shades: 0/0
Watch: 0/0
Wallet: 0/0
Mobile Phone: 0/0
Clip (pistol): 1/.5 (Glock 18- 2/1)
Clip (SMG): 2/1 (Ingrams- 1.5/1)
Clip (assault rifle/shotgun/sniper rifle): 3/2

Advanced Lightning Reload reduces the bulk of clips by .5.

Guns- with magazine loaded

Beretta 85FS .380 Security Pistol: 2/2
Glock 17: 3/2
Glock 18: 4/3
Sig-Saur P229: 4/4
.50 AE Desert Eagle: 5/4
Ingrams Mac 10: 4/3
HK MP5K: 6/5
Dlask Tactical Entry Shotgun: 9/6
HK MP5: 9/6
M16 Assault Rifle: 12/6
HK PSG-1: 12/8

Weaponry

Knife: 2/1
Nunchukas: 3/2
Staff: 12/4
Small staff (walking stick): 8/4
Spear: 15/4
Sword: 10/4
Axe: 9/5
Exotic (sais, hook swords etc.): 4/4
Throwing Knife: 2/1
Throwing Star: 1/.5

-

Once you are done, we can start!

Tptmanno1
Isn't this the Philo path Ush? Cuz it says Combat path.

General Zink
Hepaestus is currently wearing his all blood red getup, trench coat and bandana and all, with the gunmetal gray shades.

For the sake of being armed, though he has no paths in it, he'll carry his staff and knife.

Dexx
this is philo path, yes.

well...for now...shades, watch wallet, phone. and i'm gonna go remove my jade emperor path..and pick a few new moves from other paths..even if the hands of light isn't ready. A sword is too bulky to always carry...and i want to ejoy weapon a bit.
so..my probable weaponry loadout will be an mp5 and a deagle. which should take me to bulk 14 and weight 10...

Ushgarak
Okidokey. Oh yeah, and Trickster still needs to get his character finished, I think!

Let's try and get this all done fast...

Dexx
i'm done..posted my final path loadout.

Castor
Hey ush, are the bulk rules still the same. Strength is the limit of bull/weight you can carry?

How did that work again?

Ushgarak
Err, Castor, it is all there in that post!

Castor
9/7

Freebies
1 Glock 18's 4/3
2 Clips 4/2

Good ush?

I used to be able to carry a lot more...>.>...<.<...

-.-

Ushgarak
... and you still can, seeing as you are at 8 out of 14 on bulk and 5 out of ten on weight...

Castor
Ohh..okay.

Add another Glock and 1 more clips then. Heh.

Ushgarak
That looks better!

General Zink
(We waiting on people...where's Heph at? Am I with the others?)

Ushgarak
I was just waiting on TM, but I think we are about ready to go.

General Zink
(Good smile )

Trickster
Azrael will take:

Freebies
2 x Ingrams Mac 10: 4/3
2 x Knife 2/1
1 x Throwing Knife 2/1
Total B/W = 14/9

Dexx
okay....so...my final loadout (i hope smile )
wallet /watch/ shades/phone
glock 18 +1 clip
hk mp5+ 1 clip.

Ushgarak
Just tweaking Azrael's combat scores... nearly done!

Dexx
oki

General Zink
*plays Jeopardy theme*

Ushgarak
Hmm... 'cos I kinda need his stats twice over, you see...

Ushgarak
Ok, Trickster is having access problems right now, so we may have to kick off without him- the rest of you happy with that?

-

Hephaestus...

You awaken woozily, as if from a bad dream. Your head aches badly, but your vision is clear.

You are lying on a comfortable and expensive sofa in a small, elegantly decorated room. You are unarmed.

General Zink
Heph gets up and looks around, rubbing his head.

General Zink
Heph looks around for a means of getting out.

"Rade? Azrael? Castor?" he calls out, looking for his friends. "Melitus?" he asks, just looking around.

(Am I supposed to have been what would have happened to Celsius had he kept with it? Hav the demon thing breath on me?)

Ushgarak
(Well, in one way or another, you refused the Journey, so you end up here)

Heph, your phone rings.

Ushgarak
Ok, we are kicking off with the rest of you without Trickster. If he turns up later, we'll work on it.

Speed rolls for this combat ar being determined by whatever the combat guys roll. First sqeuence is a 6.

* denotes a Matricised version. The masked goons are armed with Glocks. Rade and Castor, you must make fast tactical decisions as to what you are actually now going to do.

-----

CURRENT SITUATION AT: First Sequence, Frame 16

Decision Room

Castor: 11/0/13
Rade: 10/0/16

Castor*: 11/0/13
Rade*: 10/0/16

Masks x6: 0/12

-----

The two Rades go first. Slightly weirdly, though, Dexx still gets player privilege to go first.

Dexx
Rade pulls his mp5 and fires a burst for two masked goons. (so..one burst for each)

General Zink
Heph answers his phone. "Hephaestus speaking," he says, then waits for the reply.

Ushgarak
"Heph, it's Dallas," comes a familiar voice.

"Are you feeling ok? We need you up and running right now!"

Rade, needing only sixes to hit, you roll evens and +1, dropping those two eaily.

Rade* raises his weapon and fires three bursts at you, Rade.

Castor may now act...

Dexx
shell of the turtle

Ushgarak
Rade* rolls evens for a 15, which Rade's use of Shell means you just twirled out of the way of...

-----

CURRENT SITUATION AT: First Sequence, Frame 13

Decision Room

Castor: 11/0/13
Rade: 8/0/12

Rade*: 10/0/13

Masks x4: 0/12

-----

Well, Rade* fires again, Rade. Same as before.

Dexx
natural order

Ushgarak
Not surprisingly, he misses! Leaves you acting after the masks though, Rade, two of whom fire at you.

Dexx
willow step..geez.....take castor too stick out tongue. i find it hard to focus..if you know what i mean smile

General Zink
"I'm fine, what do you need me to do, Captain?"

Ushgarak
The other half are going to fire at him, Rade!

Well, they both miss you, which leaves you on frame 10, Rade, and you may act again.

-

"Ok, we have a SERIOUS situation," says Dallas. "We need you focussed, Heph. The survival of half the team is riding on you."

Castor
Okay, I'm gonna fire 3 burst from one of my glocks at one of the mooks. Using willowstep as a dodge/defensive action. If I know my clone he will go for the weapon attack first, I'm assuming the mooks know better than to atck me starigh on also. So 3 burst from 1 glock and willowstep.

General Zink
"Why, what's happened?" Heph answers. "How can I help?"

Dexx
Rade fires 3 bursts at rade*

Ushgarak
"Right, here is the deal, Heph. You, along with Azrael, Castor and Rade, are tapped inside Melitus' realm. And now he knows that I have been spying on you all all along, he has stopped his games and things have turned hostile. Rade and the others are fighting... errr... well, they are fighting for their lives, I'll put it like that. We can't navigate them out with any degree of certainity- the part of Melitus' realm does not quite make logical sense like that. But you HAVE to get out of there. We have sentinels incoming inside the next 30 minutes, and besides which Melitus' forces will kill you all.

But here's the thing- you are still technically inside the factory... everything you are in is still in there, just not connected to the rest of the Matrix, and not necessarily the right size. Thing is, we can get to you. I've sent Mors in with the cavalry to get you out. Oh yeah," adds Dallas, with a customary apparent casualness, "they aren't dead, btw. I made that up. Now, they'll come get you, but there is one big problem. The door, Heph. The door the butler always opened for you, near the cargo lift on the third floor. The door that, when you went through it the first time, I lost contact with all of you. The door... what is it again, Ariadne?"

(You hear Ariadne's shrill voice in the background)

"It's not actually a door, even in Matrix terms, it is the computised representation of the dynamic shift of the link that can be made between Melitus' realm and the mainframe, a link that can only be established internally."

"Yeah... well, what she means is, that no matter what we do, that door can only be opened form the inside. Mors and the others, even if they total Jericho, and all his associates, it is useless if they cannot get in there to get you out! You are the only one who can get to that door and open it, Heph. The only one. And if you don't make it... you're all dead."

-

Meanwhile...

Ok, Castor, your attack roll is a +1, and you blast a mook down. Castor* unholsters both Glocks and fires three bursts from each at you, BGB. I know you are Willowstepping the mooks (which I shall convert to a dodge as there is only one left to fire at you) but what about his attack? The mook misses you, btw.

Rade, Rade* uses Natural Order.

-----

CURRENT SITUATION AT: First Sequence, Frame 13

Decision Room

Castor: 11/0/9
Rade: 3/0/7

Rade*: 7/0/9

Masks x3: 0/9

-----

Rade* fires out four bursts at Rade- and he snaps that attack so it only takes two frames. Also, two of those mooks fire at you again.

Castor, I need a defence against Castor*'s attack, and then one mook is firing at you again.

bobcrickett
(No pressure, huh Zink?)

General Zink
"Heh, no pressure then?" Heph says with an audible gulp. "Can you guide me there?"

Ushgarak
"Err... I can tell you to get out that door, and keep going until you find something you recognise... else, not much."

General Zink
"So that's a no? Great..." Heph gets up and heads for the exit of the room. "Wish me luck."

Castor
I think a willow step is in order for al oncoming gun attacks. Then I'd like to Fire 3 burst from both glocks this time. One to a Mook, and the Other to Castor*.

Ushgarak
Heph, you go through the door... to find yourself in a near identical room, complete with sofa, with four exits.

Castor, the attacks are coming on different frames, so Willow Step is no good to you. I need seperate defences, if any, for each attack.

Dexx
now...lemme get this straight.
willow stept gives you +1 to the defense (but to all attackers) and dodge gives you +2?

Ushgarak
Yes indeedy. WS is all attackers on a single frame. Active dodge is on one attack only.

Dexx
yup..active dodge on rade*

Ushgarak
Oops! Rade* rolls -9... and you evade easily!

Ok, we'll just see what Castor decides...

General Zink
Heph raises an eyebrow, then tries another door.

Ushgarak
A corridor... seems to go on a long way. You can hear music in the background.

General Zink
Heph moves cautiously, then breaks into a run down the hallway, keeping as quiet as possible.

Ushgarak
Aaand... we've lost Castor. Darn.

Ushgarak
Ok, we'll have to move on.

The masks blaze away at you, Rade, but miss. Rade* now charged you down, Rade, giving you a bonus Gun attack if you want it. The masks will fire at you again, btw.

I will have Castor dodge both the attacks. Castor* rolls -3, and misses. I will have Castor dodge again as Castor* repeats the attack! Castor* rolls +3... he scores a hit! Mind you, reverse what I said about him firing BGB- he's not good enough at it, he'll just use the standard attack. That is four damage to Castor.

I am afraid Castor's attack is illegal- at BGB level one, you can only fire two bursts, so I'll reduce that to two. Castor* will dodge. Castor, you roll -2 on Castor*, a miss, and evens on the Mask... that is a total of ten, not a kill I am afraid.

-----

CURRENT SITUATION AT: First Sequence, Frame 6

Decision Room

Castor: 11/4/4
Rade: 3/0/6

Castor*: 11/0/6
Rade*: 7/0/6

Masks x2: 0/6
Masks x1: 4/6

-----

Rade's turn to act; Castor* fires four bursts at Castor.

Dexx
bonus gun attac?..yeah, sure...
you mean i get a gun attack besides what attack i do?
and...do i have enough ammo for 3 bursts at RAde*?..

Ushgarak
You have five bursts left.

Dexx
okay then...two bursts at rade* 91st attack)

and the 2nd....one burst for each of the remaining goons

Ushgarak
Rade* will dodge that... you roll +2 for 16... a miss, I am afraid!

A -6 on your first attack after that is no good, but the other +1 is a kill.

Rade* then performs a Claw of the Tiger on you, Rade.

Dexx
active dodge

Ushgarak
Rade* rolls -3, a miss.

Puts you and he on the same frame, so your move, Rade. Also, there is another attack from a mask.

Dexx
HANDS WITHOUT SHADOW on Rade*

Ushgarak
Well, he'll just let that come- and you roll +2, for a hit, and 3 damage!

He responds... with a Lightning Fist.

Dexx
grasshopper stance...i think i only have 2 focus left...just enough for it

Ushgarak
Rade* rolls -1... that is a hit. Ten damage to you, Rade, as his nerve strike hits home.

OK, I'll have Castor and Castor* exhaust a clip and re-load in the meantime.

New sequence starts- speed roll was a 3. The rear doors, behind the clones, burst open, and half a dozen more mooks rush in.

Heph, meanwhille, you burst into the next room- where piled on the floor is all your stuff. And guarding it, another six masked guards.

-----

CURRENT SITUATION AT: Second Sequence, Frame 13

Decision Room

Castor: 11/4/10
Rade: 10/10/12

Castor*: 11/0/10
Rade*: 10/0/13

Masks x7: 0/9
Masks x1: 4/9

Stuff room

Hephaestus: 13/0/10

Masks x6: 0/9

-----

Some people might want to think about tactical options here...

Rade*s opens up with a Claw of the Tiger, modifed by Hands Without Shadow.

Dexx
hey..rade* has 3 damage also.

and..can i use a reflex attack after having been wounded? like VENGEANCE OF THE TIGER

if not..then UNYIELDING GRASSHOPPER STANCE

General Zink
"Hiya fellas..."

Heph uses Kick of the Grasshopper on the nearest flunky, Willow Step for defense.

Castor
Hey, Rade, wanna switch enemies. You go up against my clone, and I go against yours. That way we arent fighting ourselves?

In the meantime, I'm gonna fire 2 bursts from both glocks one to a mook and the other to castor*, willow step defence

Dexx
yeah, sure..if we can.....i'd like that. but i doubt it..

Ushgarak
Oh, attacks may indeed be mixed up if you want!

Vengeance can only be used at the point you are hit, Rade- and you had no focus then.

Rade* rolls +3 on his attack, for a final total of 18. Rade, that is the difficulty of your counter-kick. You roll +1... not good enough, sadly. Rade* hits, for eight damage... nasty.

Castor* will dodge, Castor. But you roll a +8! A hit still! Six damage to Castor*. Your other shot is a +7- superb dual firing there! The Mask is blown down.

At this point, another six masks come in. This is trouble now... you need to re-consider things! Dallas did advise you at the end of the last assignment...

Heph, you kick out with a +1, smashing a foe aside. The others all open up on you, but your Willow Step evades all.

-----

CURRENT SITUATION AT: Second Sequence, Frame 11

Decision Room

Castor: 11/4/7
Rade: 6/19/11

Castor*: 11/6/9
Rade*: 8/0/10

Masks x12: 0/9

Stuff room

Hephaestus: 10/0/6

Masks x5: 0/6

-----

Heph and Rade to attack. An annoyed Castor* will fire four bursts at Castor from a Glock.

Dexx
well...VENGEANCE OF THE TIGER now

i am in the sh!t

Ushgarak
He'll dodge that. You roll -3, for a total of 20, which is a hit, for sure, but only for four damage, I am afraid. Good news is, you pass your Cnstitution roll, so that was only three frames.

Rade* will then try and put you more in the shit with a Grasshopper Sweep. Six masks also fire at you.

Dexx
oh feck.
dodge.
or..willow step...if it applies for rade* also

Castor
Okay, Two Bursts gain, one to my clone, one to rades clone.

Ushgarak
Castor, you are NOT acting, you are under attack.

And no, it does not apply to Rade* as well, Rade, so make sure you have whatever dodges you want to make planned right.

And, err, you guys make sure you are thinking about what to do, because six more masks will enter every six frames.

General Zink
Whoa, wait, how come I have 11 to deal with now? Are you saying they approached me?

Castor
This is like suide,save that attack for m next turn, asfar as dodging. I dont thinkI have many options for this type of situation. So Willowstep.

Dexx
sh!t....well..dodge for rade* then.

Ushgarak
Sorry, Heph, my bad- carry on!

Rade* rolls evens and so is dodged by his namesake. The gunfire from the masks all misses for now.

It is just Castor* you were dodging, Castor, so Willow Step is no good- I'll make that a standard dodge. He rolls -2... not good enough, you get out of his way.

-----

CURRENT SITUATION AT: Second Sequence, Frame 6

Decision Room

Castor: 11/4/6
Rade: 2/19/7

Castor*: 11/6/6
Rade*: 6/0/6

Masks x12: 0/6

Stuff room

Hephaestus: 10/0/6

Masks x5: 0/6

-----

As you can see, the both of you are now ready to act. I will enact that planned attack of Castor soon, bear in mind both of you will have six attacks from Masks to dela with as well, and if your namesakes dodge those attacks will come on different frames.

However... you guys still aren't doing anything. Again, I'll remind you of Dallas' advice to you at the end of the last assignment- in fact, Rade was already doing it then; I am surprised he did not continue to now.

Dexx
well remind us...what advice big grin

Ushgarak
It's hardly anything complex... it should also be faintly obvious!

General Zink
Might that be the "faintly" obvious advice?

Heph uses Bite of the Dragon on the next mook, Willow Step for defense again.

Castor
"We need to move out of this room, the closer to the others we are the better." He said.

Ush, can we begin to move out of this room.

Perhaps if we all go into the next room, we can force the mooks in one at a time, get some good shots on em as they enter the room?

Ushgarak
Well, there is a set of white doors behind you. You would need a good opportunity to make a break for it by now- or certainly Rade will, locked in close combat.

Heph, you roll -2... not enough for a kill, I am afraid! But you dodge them all in return.

Dexx
do i have that opportunity?

General Zink
(Got Flip of the Grasshopper?)

Heph finishes off that injured mook with a normal punch.

Ushgarak
Flip gives it for sure, if course, but anything you can come up with that would seem reasonable is good.

We'll just see what they decide to do, Heph.

Castor
Whos is rade in close combat with?

Ushgarak
Rade*

Castor

General Zink
That would be Rade and you, depending on how you want to get out of there.

My advice would be helping Rade out of combat. He can retreat, but you need to hold Rade* off. Maybe frame him out so that Rade doesn't get the free hit.

Dexx
so do i need to make an exiting move?

Ushgarak
Exiting is just getting out of there. But I need some reason why Rade* will not get the bonus attack. Or you could just let him take it.

Captain REX
*coughFrameOutcough*

*coughShootHimCastorcough*

Dexx
aawh..you should take something for that..sounds serious stick out tongue

3 bursts at rade* (if i have that many left...if not, less)

Castor
2 bursts at Rade*

Ushgarak
Heph, you finish off that guy and again, all attacks on you miss.

Two bursts from you I think, Rade. Rade*s will Natural Order one and dodge another... the attack rolls -1 and so Rade*s avoids harm but with that dodging I will say it is clear for Rade to break off!

-----

CURRENT SITUATION AT: Second Sequence, Frame 6

Decision Room

Castor: 11/4/3
Rade: 2/19/4

Castor*: 11/6/6
Rade*: 2/0/4

Stuff room

Hephaestus: 10/0/Framed Out

Masks x4: 0/Framed out

-----

Ok, Castor* will fire six bursts from his other Glock, three at Castor and three at Rade. Seven masks fire at Castor, and six at Rade. Then you guys can move.

Dexx
willow step for the masks and dodge for castor*

Castor
I use willow step for the mooks and dodge for Castor* attacks.

Ushgarak
He's not using BGB, he's firing the one Glock only.

He rolls -3 and -6... not much good! You guys dive out of the way like crazy as the storm of gunfire comes your way... unfortunately, this rather robs you of your chance to escape.

-----

CURRENT SITUATION AT: Second Sequence, Frame 3

Decision Room

Castor: 9/4/1
Rade: 0/19/2

Castor*: 11/6/3
Rade*: 2/3/4

Masks x12: 0/3
Masks x1: 4/3

Stuff room

Hephaestus: 10/0/Framed Out

Masks x4: 0/Framed out

-----

Rade* simply moves forwards to engage Rade again, perofmring a Claw of the TIger punch. Castor* halts to reload.

Castor
I want to Engage Rade* so that Rade can get away. To do this I will use Grasshopper Sweep.

Ushgarak
That can be done- though how will you then get out?

Dexx
argh..no focus.

dodge. I'll try a flip of the grasshopper when i can, castor..no need for you to get stuck in combat also...

Castor
doesnt that knock him prone, cant i get away then? while he is prone?

Dexx
yeah..didn't check..go ahead then smile

Ushgarak
Then it looks like a lot rides on this one!

First of all, Rade*s rolls -3, and misses.

He then dodges Castor's sweep. Castor rolls +4... a hit! Ooooh, drama... two damage to Rade*s and he is indeed sent prone.

Speed roll for the next sequence was a three. I shall reduce Rade*'s speed by three to represent him getting up.

-----

CURRENT SITUATION AT: Third Sequence, Frame 13

Decision Room

Castor: 11/4/10
Rade: 10/19/13

Castor*: 11/6/10
Rade*: 10/5/10

Masks x12: 0/9

Stuff room

Hephaestus: 10/0/10

Masks x4: 0/9

-----

Ok players, everyone is free to move...

Dexx
"let's go" says Rade, as he retreats to the nearest door.

Ushgarak
You scramble back and open one of the 'many' doors, Rade. It reveals a long, thin corridor.

Dexx
RAde starts walking through it

Castor
Castor follows, guns in hand.

Dexx
oh...how many bursts do i have in the current clip?

General Zink
Kick of the Grasshopper on another mook, Willow Step for defense again.

Ushgarak
None, Rade.

As your field of fire in that corridor will be pretty lethal, Rade* and Castor* back off to allow you the mooks to charge you down first. It will takr you the whole sequence to get through the corridor.

You send a mook spinning to the ground, Heph, dodging all returning fire and being ready to strike again...

-----

CURRENT SITUATION AT: Third Sequence, Frame 10

Corridor

Castor: 11/4/7
Rade: 10/19/10

Decision Room

Castor*: 11/6/7
Rade*: 10/5/7

Stuff room

Hephaestus: 7/0/6

Masks x4: 0/6

-----

Everyone's up!

Dexx
well..reload, first.

General Zink
Heph lashes out at another mook with Bite of the Dragon.

(I should only have three mooks left, Ush...)

Castor
2 bursts from both glocks, they go to two different mooks.

Ushgarak
Reloading and firing on the move does, of course, increase frame cost...

However, that's rather irrelevant to Rade, who didn't actually bring any spare clips.

Castor rolls +2 and... +2! Final totals of 13 and 13. With Coppertop Killer, those are kills! Good shooting. They fall back to the ground, without expression, immediately replaced by those behind.

An evens from Heph drops another one of his foes... but this time one return shot nicks your wrist, for three damage.

-----

CURRENT SITUATION AT: Third Sequence, Frame 9

Corridor

Rade: 10/19/9

Masks x10: 0/6

Decision Room

Stuff room

Hephaestus: 7/3/3

Masks x2: 0/3

-----

Rade and Heph to act. The Masks in the corridor are about to fire.

General Zink
A standard punch modified with Strike of the Snake on one of the two remaining mooks.

(Can I subdue one and have him lead me out of here, or should I not trust him?)

Dexx
yes i did actually...

Castor
Dodge for a defense against the mooks.

Captain REX
Didn't you already reload once?

Dexx
hmmmm....don't think so. either way...he said i didn't bring clips.
if i DID reload..though i know i didn't have when to do it..then i switch to the glock....but i didn't reload

Ushgarak
Gah! I had Rade out with the Deagle. Well, that second loadout you submitted isn't legal; it has a bulk of 17. So we'll have to stick with the original, which means a Desert Eagle.

SOTS is a damn good idea, Heph. But I am afraid these masked people don't seem to act like normal people; you'll have to flatten them.

Your attack rolls -1, but that is still a kill! You easily avoid the last shots from the other remaining mask.

-----

CURRENT SITUATION AT: Third Sequence, Frame 9

Corridor

Rade: 10/19/8

Masks x10: 0/6

Decision Room

Stuff room

Hephaestus: 4/3/2

Masks x1: 0/Framed out

-----

Rade can still fire ahead of those corridor mooks if he wants; Castor, you will have five shooters, so a single dodge may not be very pertinent.

Dexx
3 shots. one for a sepparate mook

Castor
willow step.

General Zink
Bite of the Dragon on the remaining goon, Shell of the Turtle for defense.

Ushgarak
Sorry for the recent no shows- afraid I have been unwell

(moans in attempt for sympathy)

-

Hephaestus downs the final mook. He may now recover all of his stuff!

Sorry, Rade, shots have to be fired at one target. You roll -1, but the Deagle is serious hardware and blows the target away.

Shots blaze out at you... and one clips Rade's side, for three damage.

-----

CURRENT SITUATION AT: Third Sequence, Frame 5

Corridor

Castor: 9/4/2
Rade: 10/22/5

Masks x10: 0/3

Stuff room

Hephaestus: 4/3/Framed out

-----

Dexx
so how can i attack multiple targets.

shot again at a mask.
willow step as a defense

Ushgarak
Without Bursts? You need BGB.

Just the one shot? That's far less effective than 3.

Dexx
2 shots

General Zink
Heph looks around at the fallen mooks. "Foolish of them..." Heph says, snatching up his knife and staff.

Ushgarak
You roll -2, Rade, for a ten. JUST a kill!

Shots ring over your hrad as you throw yourselves to the ground... as you move on, I'll use up the last frame the two of you have for the continuous action of moving and firing. This darn corridor seems to be longer than you thought...

Heph, you advance into the next room- which seems to be the storage room for Melitus' string quartet. The Musicians do not seem exactly peaceful, however, as from their music cases they each draw small swords and rush in to attack you!

Speed roll for the fourth sequence was a 2.

-----

CURRENT SITUATION AT: Fourth Sequence, Frame 12

Corridor

Castor: 11/4/9
Rade: 10/22/12

Masks x9: 0/8

Music room

Hephaestus: 13/3/9

Band mooks x4: 0/8

-----

Dexx
RAde fires his las remaining 3 shots at a mook.

then reloads

Ushgarak
You don't have a spare Deagle clip. Still, you blow the mook away.

Dexx
christ..so no weapons, now?

Ushgarak
Nope.

Dexx
ok..than i continue to run.
willow step as defense, if multiple attacks

General Zink
Heph eyes the musicians with a hint of amusement and activates Seven Scholar's Block. "Waltz anyone?"

He lashes out against a musician with Bite of the Dragon.

Castor
Ush do I need to post another action. I havent attacked in a while...o.O

If I do then I want to fire 2 burst at the nearest mook.

Ushgarak
Yup, 'twas time for you to act, Castor. You roll +1, enough to bring another mook down. The mooks fire off another three shots once more... but this time you are missed.

Heph, you lead off with a -2, but the power of your Bite is enough to make that a kill, as the violin player is slammed into the far wall.

All three of them then miss you, Heph, so rather like the Agents against Neo at the start of Reloaded, you have blocked all three of them!

-----

CURRENT SITUATION AT: Fourth Sequence, Frame 8

Corridor

Castor: 11/4/6
Rade: 8/22/8

Masks x7: 0/4

Music room

Hephaestus: 11/3/5

Band mooks x3: 0/5 (blocked by Heph)

-----

Dexx
rade continues to advance

Ushgarak
Not firing and with your frame advantage, Rade, you soon reach the door. But although it looks wooden, the damn thing is as heavy as lead!

Dexx
kick of the grasshopper on the door.
or...dim mak if it's more effective, but i doubt it smile

Ushgarak
Well, either way you hit it pretty damn hard...

... but you do not appear to have damaged it.

Castor
Laughter of the Fox on the nearest mook.

If I need a defense then just make it willow step.

General Zink
(I like Seven Scholar's Block!)

Heph, blocking two of the musicians with his hands and another with his foot, spins his hand around and backhands one of the blocked violinists (Super Flash Hand).

Dexx
Rade looks backs up a bit, analysing the door....and how he might open it

Ushgarak
Oh, you CAN pull it, just agonisingly slowly.

Heph, you roll a +2 on your zero frame attack, for a 17 and a kill, and you are still on frame 5!

Castor, just to confirm, you are turning around to engage them hand to hand, yes?

Dexx
well...no ammo anyway.
"castor..hold them back!"
says RAde as he starts pulling the thing

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>