Should I be worried...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Revan
So I was in the school gym the other day with some friends and I threw a basketball across the gym as hard as I could. As I did so, I think I dislocated my shoulder, but it went right back to where it was and after a few minutes it was fine. But now it keeps slipping out of the socket... confused

wuTa
that depends if it hurts or if it swelled up

raven guardia
go to the doctor and get an X-ray to be safe

Darth Revan
Doesn't hurt anymore, just that sometimes it comes out of the socket...

wuTa
give it a couple days

raven guardia
DR maybe you should go to a chiropractor (sp?)

Freddy_vs_Jason
Eh......*shrugs*...........

Raventheonly
next time it comes out, it might not go back in correctly.

LoneWolf
You should see a doc.. confused

Lianslo
I agree...a doctor is prolly the best option

Myth
I'm guessing its fine... but I don't want to take any blame so go see a doctor. stick out tongue

Seriously though, I would monitor it and if it doesn't go away soon then go. When you injure soft tissue it may become weakened for a couple of weeks (like my ankle problem!). But it will most likely get better... but if it doesn't soon... Doctor.

Ellen
only one day i forgot my password haha laughing out loud laughing

Corlindel
No it is not fine. It happened to me a few years ago. You have not anything broken but you will need to avoid physical exercises for some time.

Dont worry but go to a Doc asap.

Corran
I popped my shoulder at the end of the rugby season in April, you'll have streched your tendons and ligaments etc, need to wait for them to recoup and build the strength back up.

Myth
yes

shake zula
it just pops in and out? i odn't know about that, but dislocations are done by brute force and so are re-locations. bones popping in and out of sockets ar quite abnormal. see a doc... quick... even if you're asymptomatic.

Gravity Kills
poping in and out of socket...that sounds a little odd

drunk_nazgul
That doesn't really sound good, DR! sad But at least it doesn't hurt. happy

Yes, stay on the safe side: go see a doc. He'll porbably give you better advice than we can.

ladygrim
true it would b fuk...ing horrid if every time it happening u were in pain ... sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.